Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
Players to Watch

Since I had a little time on my hands, I thought I would make a few predictions about players that you haven't heard much about, but who may make an impact this season:

1. Richie Warfield (RB): Kid is a stud, and will be one of the primary back-ups to Tucker Y. Word is he had a very strong spring. Powerful, hard runner...very good in pass protection...and has good hands.

2. A.J. Foster (LB): In his three seasons, this young man has moved from Safety to LB to DE, and now back to LB. Given the losses at this critical position, he will be counted on heavily. A great opportunity for a great kid who has patiently waited his turn. I expect he will take advantage and wind up as one of the leading tacklers by season end.

3. Bubonics/Newland/Watson (CB): There is an enormous hole to fill at CB and, hopefully, one of these RS-FR will step up and fill it. I'm not sure which one, but the competition will be fun to watch.

4. Brandon Easterling (S): This one probably doesn't fit the list b/c he had a fair amount of success as a true freshman last year. I wanted to include him b/c I think he's poised to break-out this year. Great athlete and very FB smart.

5. Jake Moore (OL): With apologies for the pun, I'm taking a "flyer" on this one. He's currently listed at center and is behind two upperclassmen who both have played alot. Nonetheless, I've heard very good things about him (e.g. "road grader"), and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up starting at RG.

Feel free to add to or comment on the list.

Last edited by FlyerIllini; 08-03-2018 at 02:42 PM..
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerIllini For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (08-10-2018), Cardsflyer (08-08-2018), Flyer Gramps (08-06-2018), NEOFlyer (08-03-2018), PittsburghFlyer (08-19-2018), Showme Flyer (08-03-2018)
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Just off the Jet

flyEr1 is a jewel in the roughflyEr1 is a jewel in the roughflyEr1 is a jewel in the roughflyEr1 is a jewel in the rough
Hey all, new to the board so I cannot wait to join in on the talk. In response to FlyerIllini, coming from an alum, Richie Warfield is a stud. He reminds me some of Jack Adams from past years. Runs extremely hard and will do about anything for an extra inch. Corner is an interesting spot this year. I see that coming down to who can make consistent (key word) plays/be able to operate within many special teams. Special teams always helps on a last minute decision. Though I do see the 3 guys mentioned below being involved at corner at some point during the season. As for Easterling, he is a stud. He is not afraid to stick his nose in things and having a year of development/training under his belt, he will be a great compliment to Leisring.

I think FlyerIllini hit the spot on players. More will start to unfold as pads come on and you find out who the real dudes are.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyEr1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (08-13-2018), Figgie123 (08-09-2018), FlyerIllini (08-10-2018), NEOFlyer (08-14-2018), PittsburghFlyer (08-19-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
flyEr1: Welcome to the Board. Look forward to your insight and perspective.

By way of update, it turns out my "flyer" pick has taken a flyer. Jake Moore apparently has left the team. Best of luck to the young man.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerIllini For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (08-13-2018), NEOFlyer (08-14-2018)