UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-18-2021, 08:29 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,137 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
A10 Championship

What is the setup for the Semi Finals? Top two teams from each division?
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2021, 09:37 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Only 4 team tourney this year. Top 2 from each division. In the East that will be LaSalle currently at 5-1 and Fordham currently at 5-1.

In the West it’s down to 3 teams.

VCU should be in. They sit in 2nd right now at 6-2 with 1 match against Davidson left. They also own the tie break against SLU.

UD and SLU play each other twice this coming weekend and both matches count. UD controls its own destiny sitting at 6-1 and in 1st place. SLU also controls its own destiny at 6-2. If they beat UD twice, they are in and we’re out.

If we split...it gets more complex. We would be 7-2 because the first VCU match was cancelled due to COVID at VCU. SLU will be 7-3. We will have a better conference win percentage so I think we are in. But with the cancelled match I’m not sure if it’s adjusted. I think the second factor is head to head and SLU would own that having beaten us twice in a split this weekend.

Bottom line is we need two wins this weekend so nothing is left to chance and we need to keep this team rolling in post season. SLU will be highly motivated and fighting because their path is locked into two wins or the season is over. They are coming off a 3-2 win over VCU that did not count in the conference standings. It should be great volleyball.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 03-21-2021 at 09:40 AM..
Old 03-21-2021, 10:47 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
IMO Dayton should allow the 25% capacity of fixed seating allowed in Ohio for these upcoming games. Frericks is listed as 5000, but I don't think that is fixed seating. So 25% of 2500 is 625. They know the names and email addresses of those that have purchased reserve seating in the past. They could offer tickets to them by email as they did for basketball invites and then also let Red Scare allot x number of student tickets. It would take a little work to mark the pods,but it could be done. Put the students on one side and the townies on the other.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:23 AM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
IMO Dayton should allow the 25% capacity of fixed seating allowed in Ohio for these upcoming games. Frericks is listed as 5000, but I don't think that is fixed seating. So 25% of 2500 is 625. They know the names and email addresses of those that have purchased reserve seating in the past. They could offer tickets to them by email as they did for basketball invites and then also let Red Scare allot x number of student tickets. It would take a little work to mark the pods,but it could be done. Put the students on one side and the townies on the other.
So funny you posted this. I actually deleted part of my post stating I hope they would allow some students and fans in, especially those that have had the two vaccine shots. But then I thought look what happened to VCUs mens b-ball team and I thought no way the team or TH wants to take the chance of missing the NCAAs. And thus I deleted my thoughts. They’ve had such a short season. I don’t blame them for keeping it locked down. Hate it for the fans, but I can not honestly say if I was the coach I would want it open to fans. You work and play for the chance to make the dance. VCU is Exhibit #1 of the argument, “Why Risk It”. I still hate it.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:22 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
You are probably right. I looked at the attendance figures for their matches. At Xavier was the highest with 256. At Duquense there were 212. The last Duquense match at VCU there were 250 on Mar,14. (The reason I looked was to see if anyone was letting fans in. I thought maybe the A10 said no fans except family.)
Old 03-22-2021, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
You are probably right. I looked at the attendance figures for their matches. At Xavier was the highest with 256. At Duquense there were 212. The last Duquense match at VCU there were 250 on Mar,14. (The reason I looked was to see if anyone was letting fans in. I thought maybe the A10 said no fans except family.)
I’m not sure if the A10 issued a directive or not. I feel for the fan like you. We are all suffering fromCOVID fatigue and just to get out to support a team would be such a lift. And people like you who have been so supportive over the years, it’s such a shame. Let’s hope the team can play really well the rest of the year and make the dance. Everyone at UD and their fans could use that good news as well as the team.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-23-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 09:47 AM

I THINK we play Rhode Island - hard to tell because of COVID. It’s URI or LaSalle and URI just beat LaSalle twice this weekend.

UDVB alum Angel Agu is an assistant coach for URI, so hopefully she will be returning and I know the few Flyer fans in attendance will welcome her back warmly. Once a Flyer...Always a Flyer. Flyer Legacy.

Other two teams should be VCU and Fordham.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
John C. (03-30-2021)