UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Soccer

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-30-2021, 01:08 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Dayton 1 Saint Louis 0 2OT

Man what a barn burner this was. Feiner got behind the defense on a cross that squibbed through and slotted a ball into the net to give us the 1-0 2OT win with about 15 seconds left. The Flyers needed this victory big-time to stand in the postseason hunt in the standings. And its never a bad thing to beat Sloo.

I thought we'd be a bit further along than we have been thus far as I felt our offense could be one of the best we've ever had with Fjeldberg, Feiner, Oladeinbo, Adjei etc. Oladeinbo has only been in one match so dont know if its injury-related.

The real mystery man to me is soph defender Xavier Zengue who started all 21 matches a year ago and played the most minutes of anyone. Really like his style and what he brings, but he has to be on the DL because he hasnt appeared in a match all season. There's no way a healthy body with that much street cred after his frosh year would fall off the wagon in terms of PT unless it was injury related but tough to tell in all of this since I cant be at the matches in person to see what's what.

The biggest obstacle right now is the number of goals we're giving up. Our GAA is 1.55 which is way too high. That needs to be around 1.00 or under to usually contend for conference titles. Talent wise I think we still have a lot of firepower however and if we can finish strong and somehow get to the A10 Tourney I think we have an honest chance of winning it. Tools are there, just need some more consistency.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (03-30-2021), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-30-2021)
Advertisement