Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-13-2021, 08:46 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
Rosie, Brooklyn kid makes good!

Piece in the Eagle about Chap: https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2...ever-heard-of/
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to moville For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (07-13-2021), Bonziflyer (07-13-2021), Hyde Park Flyer (07-13-2021), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-13-2021), Runnin' Rebel (07-14-2021), The Fly (07-13-2021)
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2021, 09:07 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Liked reading the article but how can the author not mention Roger Brown as one of the best (if not THE best) hoopster to ever come out of Brooklyn?
Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
moville (07-14-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 09:47 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,430 Times in 755 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think the writer is the same Andy Furman who was on WLW. He's a Brooklyn guy to the core. Really nice tip of the hat to Rosie.
Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
moville (07-14-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 02:06 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Not to sound blasphemous, but the players motioned, Cunningham. Hawkins, King had very good Pro careers. Velvet was an outstanding college player, but was a tweener and never made it as an NBA player. Not taking away from. I enjoyed his great career, but he was not in the same league as those three.

I'm glad he came to Dayton.

FYI. Bernard King considered Dayton, but they rejected him because of academics, so he went to Tennessee. This word was from the assistant who recruited him and Velvet. Too bad. Today, UD would have offered King the services of Beth Flach and staff to help him more academically. UD was slow with academic assistance to colleges athletes.

And I never saw Roger Brown play, but heard all the stories.
Old 07-13-2021, 04:57 PM
Major

momszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud of
Hyde Park Flyer, I was always wondering what happened to "Furball" Furman. Now I know. I confirmed that it is him through Google.
Mad Props to momszer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Hyde Park Flyer (07-13-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 06:50 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
Liked reading the article but how can the author not mention Roger Brown as one of the best (if not THE best) hoopster to ever come out of Brooklyn?
I saw every game Roger Brown played as a freshman at UD (including the Sunday afternoon games at the fairgrounds coliseum) and he was without a doubt the BEST basketball player to ever wear a UD uniform. I can't comment on whether he was the best to ever come out of Brooklyn.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (07-14-2021), moville (07-14-2021), San Diego Flyer (07-14-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 08:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
As a contemporary of Roosevelt Chapman (we both started at UD in 1980, and ended in 1984), I can say conclusively that he was the greatest player I ever saw in-person. I was even blessed to be courtside for that shot he made OVER 7’0” Christian Welp of the Washington Huskies, as a member of the Flyer Pep Band, in the 1984 Sweet Sixteen. A great player, and a great guy.

Also, the “unidentified” players from that photo at the head of the article? As any Flyer knows, UD #30 was Ed Young and UD #11 was Larry Schellenberg. The unnamed Washington Husky, #22, was none other than longtime NBA standout Detlef Schrempf.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
moville (07-14-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 09:14 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Schelly to Chapman to Young! I charged the floor after that game! Also saw Roger Brown play at the Fairgrounds Coliseum. He was unbelievable.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
moville (07-14-2021), San Diego Flyer (07-14-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 09:56 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Nice article.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2021, 12:17 PM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
I think the writer is the same Andy Furman who was on WLW. He's a Brooklyn guy to the core. Really nice tip of the hat to Rosie.
Andy does a national show of Fox sports radio, It might just be on weekends I stumbled across him on WONE 980 a few times.