Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Rhode Island #32, #1 in the A10. Rhode Island is finally able to reach the NCAAT this year(most likely)and last year, after failing to reach the NCAAT under Jim Baron.

Dan Hurley is already a hot commodity.

Mark Schmidt at SBU is also probably a hot commodity already.

The A10 is not getting much respect this year. The A10s top team does not even crack the top 25 list. But, the A10 has too many teams with major turnover and new untested players to rank any type of respect. Non-conference play will determine how many A10 teams get into the NCAA tournament. As of right now, we may only get two into the big dance. That would be Rhode Island and St. Bonaventure. This is a big drop off from previous years.

IMO, Dayton's non-conference schedule this year does not have enough marque names on it to help the A10 or Dayton much. But, i concur with Grant on the selection of opponents early in the season as this team, with all the changes, will not be ready for play a top 20 opponent. I am hoping that they will be ready by tournament time.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15209
Posted via Mobile Device
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Also, look at the bio of Missouri. This bio is most interesting. If i am reading it correctly, the new coach brings with him three (3) starters. Two of them are his own kids. Archie brought us one starter in Jordan Siebert. Apparently, Grant did not bring any players with him from Alabama. But, we can say that this is because he was distant from his Alabama days by being at Oklahoma City in the NBA before coming to Dayton
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2017, 12:57 PM
Just off the Jet

Mid-major fan is on a distinguished road
St. Mary's will be #22 or better per College Sports Madness.

Keep an eye on Jock Landale...he is a preseason All-American per Blue Ribbon.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2017...andale-gonzaga
Old 10-19-2017, 11:53 AM
Colonel

I'd like to follow-up on this University of Missouri story as I find this item very interesting. Following is the URL to the article.

The father is the assistant coach of the men's basketball team. Two son's are on the men's basketball team. An aunt is the head coach of the women's basketball team. Two sisters are on the women's basketball team.

Wow! I have never heard of such a deep family involvement in a particular sports program at any university, at any level; let alone at a division 1 level. This is a unique story. First, it is amazing that so many in the same family have the God-given physical tools to qualify for such situations. Second, it is amazing that so many in a family have the same interests (usually one will play football while the other plays basketball or some such). Third, it is amazing that so many in the same family actually pursued the same goals.

However, I believe that it is a mistake for their family. In life, business and investing; I believe that it is important to diversify. You don't put all your eggs into one basket. That's the lives of 6 individuals tied-up with one business venture. In life, you must practice risk management. If something goes wrong, even if it is outside of your own control; too many individual's within your family are affected. For instance, if a husband and wife both have the opportunity to work at the same company. It would be wise, to select different company's for your careers. The reasons would be to diversify. If the company runs into profit problems, outside of your control, then your incomes, medical insurance, pensions and lives would be too tied-up with one company. Its the same for investments, you've got to be diversified. If all your money is in real estate in a single city or all in stocks in a particular sector and the economy in that sector tanks. Its too much exposure. I'm reading a book about a lady who she and many of her friends all invested with Bernie Madoff. Many of them, investing everything but $6,000.00 in a checking account with Bernie Madoff. The author of this book made a conscious choice not to pay off your mortgage and instead put everything in the hands of Bernie Madoff. And then it was announced that his mutual fund was bankrupt (Ponzi scheme) and they lost nearly all their life savings.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...sketball-leave
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (10-19-2017), UDTradition (11-02-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 02:32 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Also, look at the bio of Missouri. This bio is most interesting. If i am reading it correctly, the new coach brings with him three (3) starters. Two of them are his own kids. Archie brought us one starter in Jordan Siebert. Apparently, Grant did not bring any players with him from Alabama. But, we can say that this is because he was distant from his Alabama days by being at Oklahoma City in the NBA before coming to Dayton
Posted via Mobile Device
Archie left for Arizona a year before Sibert started at OSU.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,617 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Archie brought us one starter in Jordan Siebert.
Who is Jordan Siebert? (Pet peeve, sorry. I would think after all he did for the program we could spell his name correctly.)
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (10-20-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 08:03 AM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mid-major fan View Post
St. Mary's will be #22 or better per College Sports Madness.

Keep an eye on Jock Landale...he is a preseason All-American per Blue Ribbon.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2017...andale-gonzaga
St. Mary's #19. #2 in the WCC behind presumably Gonzaga.

UD should try to establish a regular home and home with them.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15258
Old 10-23-2017, 08:48 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Who is Jordan Siebert? (Pet peeve, sorry. I would think after all he did for the program we could spell his name correctly.)

I think he transferred from the State of Ohio U. I seem to remember a voice or two mentioning this during a game ...

But I don't think he player for UD.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:15 AM
Colonel

St. Mary's is the first team that i have seen on this 144 list to say that they are starting two centers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

CraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jpk4ud View Post
For this to come true this team will have to do three things better than last year:

Rebound better
Better 3fg%
Better FT%
Not that I disagree, especially with your items 1 & 3, but the article did list UD as best 3 point% team in A10 last season.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:36 AM
Just off the Jet

Mid-major fan is on a distinguished road
St. Mary's is the first team that i have seen on this 144 list to say that they are starting two centers.
Posted via Mobile Device
The article is incorrect....Fitzner is a 6'10" stretch 4...not a center. He has a nice shot however he has a low release point which negates a little bit of his height.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Colonel

IMHO, it is a shame that Louisville and North Carolina are allowed to play division 1 basketball this year. I see Louisville on the 144 list.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (11-03-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Wink

I'd like to follow-up on this University of Missouri story as I find this item very interesting. Following is the URL to the article.

The father is the assistant coach of the men's basketball team. Two son's are on the men's basketball team. An aunt is the head coach of the women's basketball team. Two sisters are on the women's basketball team.

Wow! I have never heard of such a deep family involvement in a particular sports program at any university, at any level; let alone at a division 1 level. This is a unique story. First, it is amazing that so many in the same family have the God-given physical tools to qualify for such situations. Second, it is amazing that so many in a family have the same interests (usually one will play football while the other plays basketball or some such). Third, it is amazing that so many in the same family actually pursued the same goals.

However, I believe that it is a mistake for their family. In life, business and investing; I believe that it is important to diversify. You don't put all your eggs into one basket. That's the lives of 6 individuals tied-up with one business venture. In life, you must practice risk management. If something goes wrong, even if it is outside of your own control; too many individual's within your family are affected. For instance, if a husband and wife both have the opportunity to work at the same company. It would be wise, to select different company's for your careers. The reasons would be to diversify. If the company runs into profit problems, outside of your control, then your incomes, medical insurance, pensions and lives would be too tied-up with one company. Its the same for investments, you've got to be diversified. If all your money is in real estate in a single city or all in stocks in a particular sector and the economy in that sector tanks. Its too much exposure. I'm reading a book about a lady who she and many of her friends all invested with Bernie Madoff. Many of them, investing everything but $6,000.00 in a checking account with Bernie Madoff. The author of this book made a conscious choice not to pay off your mortgage and instead put everything in the hands of Bernie Madoff. And then it was announced that his mutual fund was bankrupt (Ponzi scheme) and they lost nearly all their life savings.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...sketball-leave
I agree with your assessment...I think you worked for the same company as I did
Old 11-02-2017, 09:55 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Also, look at the bio of Missouri. This bio is most interesting. If i am reading it correctly, the new coach brings with him three (3) starters. Two of them are his own kids. Archie brought us one starter in Jordan Siebert.

Apparently, Grant did not bring any players with him from Alabama.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tried to bring Russell Westbrook, but he signed an extension.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:20 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...p-144-previews

Wichita State #5, definitely a boost for the American Athletic Conference.

I would like to see somebody like WSU, as a non-p5/non-BE team, or Gonzaga or UD, etc., win the NCAA championship.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:42 AM

The top 144 finished up today with Arizona #1.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...p-144-previews