UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
2018 Recruit Amelia Moore

It's not easy to make one of these USA National teams. This is very exciting. Congrats Amelia.

http://www.wlox.com/story/35711233/a...olleyball-team

Also, I've been wrong on this before...so I'm saying I think (????) this is our first recruit from Mississippi???
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-18-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-18-2017), NovaFlyer (07-19-2017), rollo (07-19-2017), udisit19 (07-20-2017)
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2017, 10:03 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
A couple more points of interest. First, our new assistant coach, Alyssa, is an assistant coach for the younger team of 2020 and 2021 high school graduation date players. She is the associate head coach for the group of 36 players in Amelia's group (Youth A-1). Both of these teams would contain great recruits for Dayton and Alyssa is right in the middle of it. And even tho the older players are probably already committed it's good to be right in the middle of these programs for both recruiting and training players. It's also perfect for Alyssa to calibrate the recruits we are pursuing versus the high level these players plat at.

In the bigger picture, there is an A1, A2 and A3 program with 24-36 players each. A1 is the best players within those, but there is also a Junior National team of 24 that sit at the top of the USA programs.

All that nets out to Amelia being in the top 60 players. Very exciting. We will potentially have two years of her in the middle at 6'5" and Jamie Peterson at 6'4" swinging from the strong side OH and potentially Brooke Westbeld at 6'2" either swinging from the right side OH or setting. How are you going to stop that frontline?

The above video was probably "staged" for the tv film crew, so it's not real playing speed, but based on the footage we have to view, I would like to see Amelia faster and giving a little more effort in jumping higher. But for a high school rising senior, she looks good. She especially looks stronger than a lot of high school players. That will help her as a freshman at UD.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (07-20-2017), udisit19 (07-20-2017), UDVBFan (07-21-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
Wow! Great find Becky.

You are right. It sure sounds like she is a top player in her age group and I too have started to realize that she will potentially be playing with some other great players like Jaime Peterson and Brooke Westbeld. Tim Horsmon and crew have done a fantastic job with the recruiting in a short amount of time in this second stint. The future in Dayton is full of great players and hopefully that translates to some big wins for this volleyball program.

The addition of Alyssa brings a lot to the table. I think she can really help the defense with her experience, and as you pointed out, she clearly has some connections. Let's hope we can keep here for a while, because I think she can be an integral part of this program.

Only about 1 month from some volleyball!

Last edited by udisit19; 07-20-2017 at 11:30 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udisit19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-20-2017), Glen Clark (07-21-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 10:11 PM
Captain

UDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the rough
Great improvement?

Hope the recent posts are true. The 2016 Max-Preps stats have her at 6' 3" and rated 2,546 in the nation. I presume that 2,545 ahead of her includes juniors and seniors as she is listed as a 2018 graduation. Her stats vs. national are very good.