User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-07-2019, 04:43 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Something GREAT happening with AG & Flyers

I've been saying since November that this season has provided me with the opportunity to watch one of the greatest "TEAMS" since 1962 - the year I began following the Flyers. Something awesome happened after last nights win over LaSalle. After high five-ing the Red Scare section the players gathered at mid court for a team picture. I have only seen this happen when a team has won a sectional, district, NIT or NCAA championship. They did it last night to celebrate a season of hard work, effort and selflessness & the final home game of two seniors, AND to look to the future.....this year and next.

Yes, something outstanding is happening right in front of our eyes.

GO FLYERS!
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-07-2019), Bonziflyer (03-07-2019), chicago92 (03-07-2019), CJ2etc (03-07-2019), Justin (03-08-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-07-2019), NYCFLYER (03-08-2019), steverino015 (03-07-2019), TXFlyerFan (03-07-2019)
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
Please Please explain to me why AG and this team is so special to you, is it because:
1. We have Zero wins against any tournament teams
2. Our best 2 wins are against Davidson in a horrible A-10 league and Butler who is 16-14 on the year
3. We layed an egg at home vs RI last week
4. We have 20 wins vs many bottom feeders in NCAA
5. AG once again has shown how he is just a average coach by continuing to be out coached

Please enlighten us to why u continually want to promote AG as the greatest thing since sliced bread
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2019, 05:30 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
Please Please explain to me why AG and this team is so special to you, is it because:
2. Our best 2 wins are against Davidson in a horrible A-10 league and Butler who is 16-14 on the year
5. AG once again has shown how he is just a average coach by continuing to be out coached

Please enlighten us to why u continually want to promote AG as the greatest thing since sliced bread
Posted via Mobile Device
There is the udscott we know and love lol
12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-07-2019), CT Flyer (03-07-2019), Flyer 86 (03-08-2019), FlyingArrow (03-08-2019), Glen Clark (03-07-2019), GoFlyer (03-08-2019), Justin (03-08-2019), MNFats (03-07-2019), NYCFLYER (03-08-2019), Radar (03-08-2019), TXFlyerFan (03-07-2019), wes (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Piqua Flyer '66 View Post
I've been saying since November that this season has provided me with the opportunity to watch one of the greatest "TEAMS" since 1962 - the year I began following the Flyers. Something awesome happened after last nights win over LaSalle. After high five-ing the Red Scare section the players gathered at mid court for a team picture. I have only seen this happen when a team has won a sectional, district, NIT or NCAA championship. They did it last night to celebrate a season of hard work, effort and selflessness & the final home game of two seniors, AND to look to the future.....this year and next.

GO FLYERS!
AND to thank the fans. Coach Grant took the mike and spoke to the crowd thanking them for their support this year. In his post game presser, he said he knew it was a sacrifice for some to attend the games and he doesn't take the support for granted.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
Or is it because we won 20 games so far and udscott is supposed to being paying off his bet.
Mad Props to Flyer2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Captain

chicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud of
In my opinion this team has overachieved to date. As the season has progressed my expectations have improved from my preseason believe that 2 games above .500 would be where we finished. Even the basketball know it alls picked this team 9th in the conference preseason. There is also a culture of accountability being established and if you look closely messages are being sent.

From a personnel perspective I challenge anyone to say that we haven't over achieved.

Veterans:
JC, Trey, JD, Crutch were the only 4 that we had any inkling as of what to expect.
Ryan Mikesell has double hip surgery and sat out last year. We had no idea how he would perform.

Newcomers:
Obi - thought he would be good but not like this.
DC - wasn't counting on him for much.
Matsos - were counting on him for minutes as an incoming Junior...out for year
FP - was supposed to redshirt - nuff said.

All other players are walk-ons or redshirts.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to chicago92 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-07-2019), Clear Prop (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 06:28 PM
Captain

Kevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud of
How did Archie’s second season go again???
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Kevinob15 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future

Posted via Mobile Device
welcome back Chicken Little, but I must admit, your constant debbie downer stuff is getting old. work on some new material for next year
Old 03-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chicago92 View Post
In my opinion this team has overachieved to date. As the season has progressed my expectations have improved from my preseason believe that 2 games above .500 would be where we finished. Even the basketball know it alls picked this team 9th in the conference preseason. There is also a culture of accountability being established and if you look closely messages are being sent.

From a personnel perspective I challenge anyone to say that we haven't over achieved.

Veterans:
JC, Trey, JD, Crutch were the only 4 that we had any inkling as of what to expect.
Ryan Mikesell has double hip surgery and sat out last year. We had no idea how he would perform.

Newcomers:
Obi - thought he would be good but not like this.
DC - wasn't counting on him for much.
Matsos - were counting on him for minutes as an incoming Junior...out for year
FP - was supposed to redshirt - nuff said.

All other players are walk-ons or redshirts.
WE HAVE BEAT NO ONE !! Anyone can win 20 games playing Georgia State, Mary help for the blind every game
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Donniex3Era View Post
welcome back Chicken Little, but I must admit, your constant debbie downer stuff is getting old. work on some new material for next year
Am I wrong ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2019, 07:45 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
AND to thank the fans. Coach Grant took the mike and spoke to the crowd thanking them for their support this year. In his post game presser, he said he knew it was a sacrifice for some to attend the games and he doesn't take the support for granted.

Are you being serious ? Every UD coach has grabbed the microphone on the last home game and thanked the crowd, AG did nothing special so quit trying to make him better than the rest
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Kevinob15 View Post
How did Archie’s second season go again???
Posted via Mobile Device
Archie 4 straight NCAA appearances
AG 1 NCAA appearance in last 8 years
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2019, 07:54 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Donniex3Era View Post
It get very old
We could be 29-2 heading into the A-10 tourney next year, and UDScott would still find things to ***** about.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:57 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Just ignore this troll.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-07-2019), FlyerinChicago (03-08-2019), GoFlyer (03-08-2019), NYCFLYER (03-08-2019), SeasonTicketFan (03-07-2019), SLUFLYER (03-07-2019), UD62 (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 08:11 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
I put Bedell, I mean UDScott on my ignore list. My apologies to Bedell.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:45 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Archie fu@king quit and went to Indiana. Why don't you go fu@king join him.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-07-2019), FlyerinChicago (03-08-2019), JimBo (03-08-2019), longtimefan67 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 08:56 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
Every rainbow needs a little rain.

Let’s just enjoy a good season.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 09:10 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
By your own admission, this team has overachieved since this ridiculous post of yours:

http://udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32803

I guess you couldn’t help getting back to your old tricks now that you’re done rolling up your coins to pay for the pizza.
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
It get very old
We could be 29-2 heading into the A-10 tourney next year, and UDScott would still find things to ***** about.
Not bit**ing, piqua66 started a stupid thread that said this team and AG is great and something special, all I did was point out facts that we have not beat nor played more than a couple decent teams, we have 15 wins again garbage teams, anyone can beat Coppin state or Georgia state or Fordham
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2019, 09:24 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,692 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Well, all doubt has now been removed.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 09:27 PM
Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Every rainbow needs a little rain.

Let’s just enjoy a good season.
I would agree with your use of the word "good" (considering we had a slightly below .500 record last year) and thus are heading in the right direction.

But the thread and original post used "great" and "greatest". Not surprisingly everyone jumps on UDScott (he's earned it), but nobody challenges the reasonableness of the thread? UDScott is correct in that our record is horrible against the better teams on our schedule. We didn't stub our toe (before Rhody), but does that makes this a "great" team because they beat the weak sisters?

Also, where are all the preseason polls that picked us 9th? Since everyone has a blog or twitter feed, I'm sure you can find a poll to support a position. But it seems the A10 preseason poll would be the best source, and it had UD 6th. Right now, we are 3rd place and 2 games ahead of the 6th place team. So I would say that's "good" but not "great".

Josh was a preseason 1st team selection. Obi is a potential NBA 1st round draft pick. Short bench - sure, that hurts. But we are not without talent, especially in comparison to what is no doubt a weak A10 this year.

I think this year was fine/ok all things considered. I think we are headed in the right direction. I'm very optimistic and excited about next year. But I don't see how you can call this season/team "great" or way ahead of expectations.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 312to937 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (03-08-2019), pmcmullen (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 09:32 PM
General

Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Not bit**ing, piqua66 started a stupid thread that said this team and AG is great and something special, all I did was point out facts that we have not beat nor played more than a couple decent teams, we have 15 wins again garbage teams, anyone can beat Coppin state or Georgia state or Fordham
Posted via Mobile Device
The team was predicted by most to do worse against the same known schedule. AG got a lot out of this team. I wouldn’t claim the season to be special, but they clearly exceeded expectations, warts and all. Let’s see how the next few recruiting classes perform to declare special, and acknowledge that this season was a good building block to potentially something special.

Meanwhile, i’m not buying into your opinion that this season was a **** sandwich of despair.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
312to937 (03-07-2019), Clear Prop (03-07-2019), GoFlyer (03-08-2019), SeasonTicketFan (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 PM
Captain

Clear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud of
It's possible that last year's 14-17 team underachieved, and this year's team, motivated by the excellence of Anthony Grant is now realizing how good they can be!
Old 03-07-2019, 09:38 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,692 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 312to937 View Post
I would agree with your use of the word "good" (considering we had a slightly below .500 record last year) and thus are heading in the right direction.

But the thread and original post used "great" and "greatest". Not surprisingly everyone jumps on UDScott (he's earned it), but nobody challenges the reasonableness of the thread? UDScott is correct in that our record is horrible against the better teams on our schedule. We didn't stub our toe (before Rhody), but does that makes this a "great" team because they beat the weak sisters?

Also, where are all the preseason polls that picked us 9th? Since everyone has a blog or twitter feed, I'm sure you can find a poll to support a position. But it seems the A10 preseason poll would be the best source, and it had UD 6th. Right now, we are 3rd place and 2 games ahead of the 6th place team. So I would say that's "good" but not "great".

Josh was a preseason 1st team selection. Obi is a potential NBA 1st round draft pick. Short bench - sure, that hurts. But we are not without talent, especially in comparison to what is no doubt a weak A10 this year.

I think this year was fine/ok all things considered. I think we are headed in the right direction. I'm very optimistic and excited about next year. But I don't see how you can call this season/team "great" or way ahead of expectations.
If you read the OP’s title, I don’t think he meant we were currently the greatest team to ever play or currently a great team. There is something special happening. Just compare this year to Archie’s second season here.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (03-08-2019), SLUFLYER (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future
Am I wrong ?
Posted via Mobile Device
I simply said your CONSTANT negative posts about ANYTHING is now simply BORING, not interesting or even thoughtful in any aspect. Come up with a new act for next year...you can do it, surprise us all, just try because this act is really really old
Old 03-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
If you read the OP’s title, I don’t think he meant we were currently the greatest team to ever play or currently a great team. There is something special happening. Just compare this year to Archie’s second season here.
Thanks and fair enough. I did not even want to get into the "AG VS AM" comparison. More just trying to focus on the results of the team on the court.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:15 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
WE HAVE BEAT NO ONE !! Anyone can win 20 games playing Georgia State, Mary help for the blind every game
Posted via Mobile Device
yet you stated this team couldn't: UD 13-7 Now, no way I see us with more than 18 wins??

Am I wrong ?
Posted via Mobile Device
see comment above

Last edited by NCkevi; 03-07-2019 at 10:20 PM..
Old 03-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Captain

Rick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud of
Am I wrong ?
Posted via Mobile Device
In a word: yes.

In two words: very yes.

In more words: go check any realistic preseason predictions. The highest I remember seeing was 6th in the conference, with a low around 9th; in short, nobody had us in the top tier. Most national outlets had us out of the NIT discussion and somewhere around 150th in all of D-I. Going into the last game of the season, the worst we can finish is 3rd, and we can still snag 2nd; in terms of national ranking, we're likely to be somewhere around 60-70th in the NET and most other ratings systems, and a top-4 seed in the NIT if we don't steal the auto-bid at Barclay's. Even in a year where the A-10 is down, the prognosticators put us where they did KNOWING the A-10 was gonna be down, and we blew those expectations away. If you can't view that as a fantastic effort that lays the foundation for even better things in the future, you are just being contrary for the sake of contrarianism.

I say all that being just as disappointed as anyone at the moments of bed-wetting we did against mediocre teams and at home -- change a few of those outcomes and this might have been a legit Bubble Year -- but it doesn't alter the fact that the body of work as a whole far exceeded rational expectations.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Rick Scaia For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-08-2019), GoFlyer (03-08-2019), JimBo (03-08-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-08-2019), longtimefan67 (03-08-2019), Phinhead54 (03-08-2019), Radar (03-08-2019), tirebiter (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 10:30 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Archie 0 NCAA appearances in his first 2 seasons at UD.
Anthony 0 NCAA appearances in 1 full season at UD with 1 season TBD.

Apples-to-apples, please.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bp (03-08-2019), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-07-2019), longtimefan67 (03-08-2019), SLUFLYER (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 10:50 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Not for nothing, but Georgia State isn't as bad as you want to think they are. They have 21 wins, tied for first in their conference, and won at Alabama. they might go on to win their conference tourney - then we will have beaten a tournament team!
Old 03-08-2019, 01:02 AM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute

It was Georgia Southern, you noisome twit!

Old 03-08-2019, 01:08 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
so you are done preparing the pizza rolls for us then?
Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 06:34 AM
Captain

Kevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud of
Posted via Mobile Device
I asked you how his second year went? We’re you ready to jump off the bandwagon then too. You just answer the questions that fit your opinion. You’d be a hell of a politician
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2019, 07:25 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rick scaia View Post
in a word: Yes.

In two words: Very yes.

In more words: Go check any realistic preseason predictions. The highest i remember seeing was 6th in the conference, with a low around 9th; in short, nobody had us in the top tier. Most national outlets had us out of the nit discussion and somewhere around 150th in all of d-i. Going into the last game of the season, the worst we can finish is 3rd, and we can still snag 2nd; in terms of national ranking, we're likely to be somewhere around 60-70th in the net and most other ratings systems, and a top-4 seed in the nit if we don't steal the auto-bid at barclay's. Even in a year where the a-10 is down, the prognosticators put us where they did knowing the a-10 was gonna be down, and we blew those expectations away. If you can't view that as a fantastic effort that lays the foundation for even better things in the future, you are just being contrary for the sake of contrarianism.

I say all that being just as disappointed as anyone at the moments of bed-wetting we did against mediocre teams and at home -- change a few of those outcomes and this might have been a legit bubble year -- but it doesn't alter the fact that the body of work as a whole far exceeded rational expectations.
+1
amen
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with this. I don't know how on earth you can call this season great or awesome. We have had some last game collapses that will cause us to miss an at large bid. We were right there playing a below-average URI team AT HOME and blew it. If we win that game, I'd say we would be right in the last 4 in/first 4 out discussion easy.

I agree though - the future is bright and we over achieved a little this season. However, we need to brace outselves for Obi leaving after this year. He was just featured on ESPN last night as one of the emerging NBA prospects for the draft. Think about it - he was ineligible to play last year due to academics. Do you really think he's going to want to stay in school another year when he can a guaranteed 1st round contract next year?
Old 03-08-2019, 08:48 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
'Great' and 'Awesome' are subjective. If the Bengals go 10-6 and make the playoffs, it's a 'Great' season. If they win a wild-card game and lose in the 2nd round, it's an 'awesome' season.

If New England goes 10-6 and loses in the 2nd round it's a horrible season. Heck, if NE loses the Super Bowl they consider it a wasted season!

If Cohill scored 8 and plays shut-down defense for 18 minutes, he's getting Golden votes and support for more in my Royal Polls. Is 8 pts 'great' or 'awesome'? Not for Brian Roberts or Obi or any other star, but it is for Cohill.

As for the 2018-19 Flyers, we were #9 in the pre-season A10 predictions...most of us were hoping for a >.500 season and today we're standing in 3rd place and have 20 wins.

How can this season - or any other where your expectations are blown away - not be considered 'great'?

FWIW, we're not the NE Patriots...
1in25 (03-08-2019), Fairborn Fan (03-08-2019), MrFlyerFanatic (03-08-2019), Radar (03-08-2019), superfan99 (03-08-2019), TXFlyerFan (03-08-2019), Widget (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 08:54 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Nice to see someone take a crap in the thread
Old 03-08-2019, 09:07 AM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
This. And the key words in the title and initial post in this thread (IMHO) are “happening” and “team”.

I like how AG is doing his best (with a short bench) to give more PT to guys who are playing well and/or doing what the coach requires of guys in his program. That is, in my estimation, a very good thing happening. And it’s clear from watching these players interact that they enjoy being around one another and that they’re pulling for each other to succeed for the good of the program. That’s what makes them a good team.

I agree with the title of the thread. I believe this is a year of transformation for our Flyers. We went from being a fractious group with a number of malcontents last year to being a smaller but far more unified whole this year. That is a great thing, and it’s laying the foundation for a great future for our program. Now, this team will likely not rank among the truly great teams in the program’s history (ex. 1961-62, 1966-67, 1983-84, 2013-14, etc.). But it’s laying the foundation for future success at those levels, so yeah, that’s a great thing happening.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2019, 09:23 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Also, where are all the preseason polls that picked us 9th? Since everyone has a blog or twitter feed, I'm sure you can find a poll to support a position.
This one has UD 7th: https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018...ege-basketball

This has UD 6th: http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticl...CLID=211776444

Here we're 8th: https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/08/...for-2018-19/8/

8th again: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...2018-19-season

9th: https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/...l-preview-2019

4th: http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-...11jiphhvvxgq3n

Go Flyers! My #1 Team!!
cj (03-08-2019), Figgie123 (03-08-2019), GoFlyer (03-08-2019), Radar (03-08-2019), steverino015 (03-08-2019), The Fly (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:28 AM

Thanked 2,208 Times in 974 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Expectations

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32479
Buster Goode (03-08-2019), Radar (03-08-2019), rollo (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:35 AM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 810 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Expectations

^^^THIS^^^

Pre-season, 33 of us predicted NIT or nothing. Only four saw us in the NCAA, and one of those only by winning the A-10 tourney. That we even flirted with an at-large bid is remarkable.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (03-08-2019), steverino015 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
^^^THIS^^^

Pre-season, 33 of us predicted NIT or nothing. Only four saw us in the NCAA, and one of those only by winning the A-10 tourney. That we even flirted with an at-large bid is remarkable.
80% predicted NIT (or better). 9th place A10 teams don’t make the NIT. Ergo, those that voted must have expected us to finish much higher than 9th this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2019, 09:49 AM

80% predicted NIT (or better). 9th place A10 teams don’t make the NIT. Ergo, those that voted must have expected us to finish much higher than 9th this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ummmm, we're UD fans, of course most of us expect us finish higher than 9th!

Which is why the rankings in the unbiased polls actually mean something.

FWIW, 20-10 in '19-'20 will be considered a bad season.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:40 AM

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Different topic

This seems to be a miscellaneous BB thread, mostly fighting with Scott....and I couldn't find a better place to say this.

Last night I attended a thrilling, highly entertaining game between Temple and UConn. TU won 78-71;but the game was closer than that...down to the wire. Temple has a guy named Alston who was sensational....scored 34 points on 12 for 14 shooting including 4 of 5 threes. I haven't seen a performance like that in a long time.

We also attend women's games. The reason I mention that is to comment that the officiating in men's games is so much different than women's. Rough, rough, rough play....the game was a brawl and the refs just let the guys play. With about 10 min to play the UConn point guard took an elbow to the face sending him to a hospital...out cold for a minute or two...blood everywhere...extent of injury still not reported.....no foul. UConn missed his presence greatly. UConn is just a 0.500 team but has some very good young players for Hurley to work with. He's earning his money...a frenetic guy.

Whatever, men's and women's BB are two entirely different sports. Temple has very talented players...an NCAA team for sure. On the road they looked great.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:37 PM
1st Lieutenant

O Doyle Rules has much to be proud ofO Doyle Rules has much to be proud ofO Doyle Rules has much to be proud ofO Doyle Rules has much to be proud ofO Doyle Rules has much to be proud ofO Doyle Rules has much to be proud ofO Doyle Rules has much to be proud ofO Doyle Rules has much to be proud ofO Doyle Rules has much to be proud of
I enjoy this forum but this thread typifies why sometimes it starts to become painful to read a thread or even more be motivated to become part of the discussion.

I interpreted Piqua Flyer 66 comments as expressing that AG was building a cohesive unit that cared for each other personally and that put the team goals in front of their individual needs and wants. In my mind, this is a "great team" in that regards and I agree with him. The post was not about wins and losses.

A poster who shall remain nameless then attacks him for making this observation based off just the won-loss record and a failure I guess to maybe not make the dance this year. (Script is still being written)

I have enjoyed this season very much as a fan and appreciate the culture that AG is trying to build and appreciated Piqua Flyer 66 comments. I just wish the nameless poster who is on a constant diatribe about how bad of a coach that AG is could find some enjoyment in this season other than the enjoyment he finds in continually bashing AG.

Message received loud and clear, nameless poster, you don't like AG.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to O Doyle Rules For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-08-2019), JimBo (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Major General

Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Expectations

Most of us were pretty much on target.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:10 PM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
Most of us were pretty much on target.
Season is not over yet. Still some games to play, things can change in either direction, just don't count your chickens before they hatch. We will see. The NIT is still not guaranteed at this point. If they lose at Duquesne and make an early A10T exit, then all bets are off IMO.

Last edited by ud2; 03-08-2019 at 02:12 PM..
Old 03-08-2019, 02:16 PM
1st Lieutenant

flyerdube is a jewel in the roughflyerdube is a jewel in the roughflyerdube is a jewel in the roughflyerdube is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Season aint over yet. Great season TBD at a later date.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:27 PM
Captain

Dogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant future
UD wins National Championship.

Piqua Flyer Posts "What an amazing team coach Grant put together"
UDScott replies "What are you talking about, they didn't cover"

As others mentioned, I took the post to be more about the "way" the team plays together not necessarily the results.

A great example happened last game. Toward the end, the walkons were playing. Greer had the ball and had a chance for a shot. He barely gets to play. Last home game. Has a chance to put one up. What does he do? He swings the pass over to Westerfield and he hits a closing 3 on Sr. Night. The celebration after was great and the team was hugging Greer like he just made the greatest play of the year. THAT is what I think Piqua was talking about.

Then add the fact that we are much better than last year and the roster is significantly improved and I am very happy where things stand today.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Dogdaddy For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-08-2019), NYCFLYER (03-08-2019), runnerup (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Significantly improved AND getting better.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Season is not over yet. Still some games to play, things can change in either direction, just don't count your chickens before they hatch. We will see. The NIT is still not guaranteed at this point. If they lose at Duquesne and make an early A10T exit, then all bets are off IMO.
You don't seriously think we could miss the NIT do you? That's a scary thought and a major disappointment if that were to happen. (Even though I really don't care for the NIT).
Old 03-08-2019, 05:32 PM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
You don't seriously think we could miss the NIT do you? That's a scary thought and a major disappointment if that were to happen. (Even though I really don't care for the NIT).
Hard to say...we are close to the cutoff IMO.

Strictly based upon rpi, 2015 UMASS rpi 81...no dice.

2014 Richmond rpi 75...no dice.

We are rpi #76 right now.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:37 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
The rpi is dead; though UD is only 70th in the NET ratings.

The one thing that UD has that UMass and Richmond don't are fans that will travel or show up for a home game.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
I won't say the season was a failure by any means. However, I will also say that I am not riding on clouds in rose-colored glasses either.

Yes, we won 20 games. However, the A-10 is frankly pathetic this year, and many of the teams we played in the OOC portion are down significantly from where we anticipated. See Butler and Oklahoma.

Second, I was also rather disappointed by a few players. Trey has been on a lengthy vacation, even before his injury. Jordan Davis is a major letdown. Cohill shows signs now and again, but he was touted as "one of the most highly trumpeted high school players UD has ever signed." I don't see that. Here's that article: https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...54cGo4nVTdXwN/

I hope all these players prove me wrong next year, but I don't feel at all bad questioning any of them this year.

Next year, many are all jazzed up over a bunch of transfers. Same applies here. I hope they all come out and tear the world apart on game day. But, have you looked over their stats sheets from past schools? None were quite what I'd call game-changers. They will have to prove themselves, and a big part of this is on the coaching staff.

Now, with that said, I was at every single home game, and I watched all but one away game. Many I watched twice because I like to analyze the game and the team. I still play myself. I do see the chemistry, and it's great! It can help you win games for sure, but the truth is, until we're making The Dance, it really doesn't matter to me.

As for AG, one of the things I remember from VCU boards are that he's a great recruiter, but plenty of their fans questioned the heck out of him as an in-game, X's and O's coach. Alas, we've gone 0-2 against them this year, and there's plenty to question about our game plans. We'll see how that all shakes out in time, but it's worth noting that previous teams have questioned this factor - as have I, and many of us on this board.

The sky isn't falling, but I do question where the ceiling is. We have a young, shallow team this year. I get that. Next year, neither of those are nearly as true. No excuses after this year. Time to buck up and prove who we are.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute

this is what was expected, good post rollo...)
Old 03-08-2019, 06:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pmcmullen View Post

As for AG, one of the things I remember from VCU boards are that he's a great recruiter, but plenty of their fans questioned the heck out of him as an in-game, X's and O's coach.
Is there a fan message board in existence that one could go to and not read anything posted by fans questioning a coach's X's and O's ability?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-08-2019), The Fly (03-08-2019), UD62 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Is there a fan message board in existence that one could go to and not read anything posted by fans questioning a coach's X's and O's ability?
The reason so many question Xs and Os and officials and (????) is because they don't know squat about what they're questioning.
CE80 (03-08-2019), JimBo (03-08-2019), UD62 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:38 PM
General

Agree. I Believe “good” is appropriate. “Special” is when we extend this improvement over several years and get even better results.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:41 PM
General

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
The reason so many question Xs and Os and officials and (????) is because they don't know squat about what they're questioning.
Of course, except for UDScott!
Old 03-08-2019, 11:39 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by O Doyle Rules View Post
A poster who shall remain nameless . . . [is] on a constant diatribe about how bad of a coach that AG [is] . . .

Please don't feed the trolls . . . they shall remain nameless.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:58 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Agree. I Believe “good” is appropriate. “Special” is when we extend this improvement over several years and get even better results.
I believe the difference in the 2 adjectives is the difference between looking at the present and looking toward the future. “Good” describes where we are now. “Special” or “great” describes what some people (myself included) believe we can become. If it can happen in Spokane with Gonzaga and in Philadelphia with Villanova, then with the level of support this program has, why can’t it happen here?

That’s also why I think one of the key phrases is “is happening”, and not “has happened”. The optimistic among us have a sense that we’re seeing this program transform before our very eyes. And then, there’s udscott.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (03-09-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 08:59 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Piqua Flyer '66 View Post

GO FLYERS!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2019, 09:02 AM
Colonel

Just wanted to pass along some sunshine if anyone was feeling down after getting run off in our first round game.
Posted via Mobile Device