UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-11-2023, 08:01 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,193 Times in 4,215 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I missed the 2nd player…didn’t pay that much attention. Even though, i don’t understand that call! Unless you shake the rim, making contact with it is hardly worthy of a game deciding call
Posted via Mobile Device
I will defer to your expertise, but if the rule is that the touching of the rim/net has to be of such a nature so as to prevent the ball from going into the basket, then it was the wrong call, and X got jobbed.

The second X player's touching of the net/rim was not enough to prevent the ball from going into the basket. The Butler player was going to forcefully slam dunk the ball, the second X's player touching of the rim/net was not going to stop that dunk from going in had it not been for the first X player cleanly blocking the dunk.

Sometimes I feel like these refs in general, in any sport, are reluctant to overturn the original call because they don't want to admit that the original call was wrong.

Last edited by ud2; 02-11-2023 at 08:03 PM..
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2023, 08:08 PM

Thanked 15,919 Times in 6,999 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I’ve seen plenty of missed dunks pop up and go thru the basket with no call when the offensive player obviously hung/shook the rim on the first attempt and the refs didn’t call basket interference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2023, 08:25 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a real good look at it, looks like the wrong call, I don't see any basket interference that prevented the dunk from going in. Perhaps though the block was goal tending? Iinm, the TV announcers said that the second X player was the one whistled for the infraction.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:34 PM

I can't figure out if #3 or #24 for X committed the goal tending infraction. One sports writer says that #3 committed the infraction. Another sports writer says that #24 committed the infraction.

I have no idea if that was goal tending, I will leave that up to rollo.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...t/69894724007/
Old 02-11-2023, 10:23 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,047 Times in 2,690 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Here is a real good look at it, looks like the wrong call, I don't see any basket interference that prevented the dunk from going in. Perhaps though the block was goal tending? Iinm, the TV announcers said that the second X player was the one whistled for the infraction.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I’m not that well-versed on the rule book, but I did notice 3 things on that replay:
1) Thad is looking old.
2) It looked like there might have been lower body contact from behind, but the block by #24 looked fairly clean from the “under the basket cam”. And
3) When they showed the closeup of the official motioning “count the basket”, I thought, “That looks like Jeffrey Anderson!” So, I checked the box score and, sure enough, it was Jeffrey Anderson!

And finally, it’s always a good night when UD wins and X loses!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2023, 11:15 PM

Thanked 6,644 Times in 3,037 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't see the play, but if it cost X the game it was the correct call.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (02-12-2023), jack72 (02-12-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 12:11 AM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
I was at the UD/XU game at XU in 1965-66 and saw the X player, Bob Quick I think, block a dunk attempt by Hank Finkel and it was ruled goaltending. UD won the game by 3. (Back when UD always beat X and always lost to UC.)

The crowd was outraged but the call stood. I was a little embarrassed that a 6'5 guy blocked a dunk by a 6'11 guy, but I was delighted at the call.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:21 AM

Thanked 10,190 Times in 5,914 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
"With 1.2 seconds left in a 58-58 game, Duke's Tyrese Proctor inbounded the ball to a cutting Kyle Filipowski. Filipowski drove to the rim and attempted a contested finish over Virginia's Reece Beekman and Ryan Dunn as time expired. The officials called a foul, awarding Filipowski two free throws.

After an official review, however, they overturned the foul call, saying it came after the buzzer and the game went to overtime, where Virginia pulled away for a 69-62 win.

The ACC said the officials got it wrong.

"The play should have resulted in two free throws for Duke," the league said in a statement, citing Rule 5, Section 7, Article 3c of the NCAA Rule Book.

The rule states, in part, that "when the foul occurs after time expires but while the ball is in flight during a try, the period shall end when the free throw(s) and all related activity have been completed."
Old 02-12-2023, 10:55 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,291 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
"With 1.2 seconds left in a 58-58 game, Duke's Tyrese Proctor inbounded the ball to a cutting Kyle Filipowski. Filipowski drove to the rim and attempted a contested finish over Virginia's Reece Beekman and Ryan Dunn as time expired. The officials called a foul, awarding Filipowski two free throws.

After an official review, however, they overturned the foul call, saying it came after the buzzer and the game went to overtime, where Virginia pulled away for a 69-62 win.

The ACC said the officials got it wrong.

"The play should have resulted in two free throws for Duke," the league said in a statement, citing Rule 5, Section 7, Article 3c of the NCAA Rule Book.

The rule states, in part, that "when the foul occurs after time expires but while the ball is in flight during a try, the period shall end when the free throw(s) and all related activity have been completed."
The Dukies lost, all is good.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:06 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,630 Times in 5,106 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kman84ud View Post
Maybe not quite this play, but if a player is dunking the ball and the ball is in the cylinder, can an opposing player even legally block the ball since the ball is in the cylinder? Or are all bets off when trying to block a dunk (no third player involved).
This is what I thought of when I saw that play. Is a defender prohibited from blocking when the ball is in the cylinder? I'm unclear on that rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiH2mlGEiSE

You get a much better look at it with the link above. There is a slo-mo replay. It looks like the ball is in the cylinder when the block takes place. The 2nd X player does grab the rim and shake it, but it looks like the ball is shooting away anyhow. But is it the job of the refs to predict if the ball is going to bounce in after a rim grab by the defender? Just don't grab the rim during a shot if you are the defender. I think the officials had to make that call in light of the rim grab. Not sure what the "in the cylinder" rule might be.

Edit:

After an informal "google search" of this issue, it sounds like everyone is prohibited from touching the ball "in the cylinder" with the lone exception of a player dunking the ball. I'm not sure if that lines up with the official rule book, but my money is on that as the reason for the goaltending call. You can't block a shot in the cylinder.

Last edited by Fudd; 02-12-2023 at 01:39 PM..
Old 02-12-2023, 02:16 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
OSU with 14 points at the half against MSU
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2023, 03:02 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
After today’s shellacking by Sparty, the Buckeyes are 3 games below .500 overall, and 13th in the 14-team B1G. So, they’re gaining steam, and probably in the Next 4 Out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-14-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 03:07 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,650 Times in 706 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
The so-called experts are predicting 8-9 teams from the Big 10 will make the tournament. The same thing happened last year and most didn’t make it past the first or second round. This is the number one problem with the NCAA tournament. Very few want to watch very average P5 teams with mediocre conference records get selected over quality “mid major” teams. It’s all about money and power with the NCAA to the detriment of deserving non-P5 schools.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2023, 03:52 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,344 Times in 450 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
After today’s shellacking by Sparty, the Buckeyes are 3 games below .500 overall, and 13th in the 14-team B1G. So, they’re gaining steam, and probably in the Next 4 Out.
Posted via Mobile Device
What's crazy is somehow I keep hearing other teams get a quad 1 win if they have beaten this 11-14 OSU squad.
Old 02-12-2023, 04:10 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
What's crazy is somehow I keep hearing other teams get a quad 1 win if they have beaten this 11-14 OSU squad.
So, we’re back to the logic that we had 30-35 years ago, when an 18-12 Georgetown squad made The Dance, and the line of questioning went something like this:

Reporter: “I see that you selected Georgetown, despite the fact that they finished the regular season with 12 losses and were 6th out of 9 teams in their conference. What was the reasoning behind that?”

NCAA Apologist Selection Committee Rep: “Well, they played a very difficult schedule. They played Syracuse. They played UConn. They played Seton Hall.”

R: “OK, so who did Seton Hall play?”

NASCR: “They played UConn. They played Syracuse. They played Georgetown.”

And so on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2023, 04:31 PM

Ohio State is the 36th team out on Torvik's site now after the MSU loss. Barring a strong finish, OSU will not make the ncaat this year. They have fallen a lot over the last week or two.

Last edited by ud2; 02-12-2023 at 04:33 PM..
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-14-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 02:31 PM
General

Thanked 4,540 Times in 2,057 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of The Big10

While everyone was being entertained by the Superbowl spectacle . . .

#1 Purdue (23-3) 58 @ Northwestern (18-7) 64

Northwestern's first basketball victory over a number one ranked opponent in school history.

Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-14-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 04:02 PM
Lieutenant General

UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
While everyone was being entertained by the Superbowl spectacle . . .

#1 Purdue (23-3) 58 @ Northwestern (18-7) 64

Northwestern's first basketball victory over a number one ranked opponent in school history.

2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-14-2023), Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 11:35 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,347 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I see UNC is gaining steam with their home loss to Miami.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-14-2023), jack72 (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 02:36 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I see UNC is gaining steam with their home loss to Miami.
You think our fans are upset, imagine the UNC fans after last year's run to the final, now they are 16-10 and 8-7 league.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 03:16 PM
General

Thanked 4,350 Times in 2,140 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Since sadly the dreams of an at large bid went away a long time ago, we are left with trying to figure out seeding for the A10T and hopes that the recent play and gradual return to health is a sign that this team can run thru the league in Brooklyn and slide into a nice cushy 12 seed on selection Sunday. With that said, its an interesting week for the a10- call it separation week if you will with 9 teams clustered b/w 4 6 and 8 conference victories.

Tuesday

Week gets off to whimper with Loyola (15) @ Umass (14). 2 last place teams destined for the Sock Hop.

Wednesday:

St Joes (5) @ Duquesne (6t) each with legit hopes of a 4 seed and the double bye

Mason (10t) @ GW (8t)

Bona (6t) @ Fordham (3t) Can Fordham get a double bye? has that ever happened?
They would move into a tie with UD for 2nd (though UD has the tie breaker with a win). They already won @ Bonna, @ Duquesne and vs SLU; a victory on Wednesday will put them in a very strong spot for the top 4.

Richmond (10t) @ LaSalle (8t) With the expanded Sock Hop now including teams 10-15, Wednesday double 10 v 8 looms large for all 4.

VCU (1) @ Rhody (12t) Rhody is destined for the Sock Hop for sure, perhaps Archie can do UD a favor and knock of VCU as well. We can almost forgive him for what he did to UD a few weeks ago

Davidson (12t) @ SLU (3t) SLU can look great at times and horrible at others. Davidson has played to top 4 teams tough in all but 1 game this season (17 point blow out @ VCU) lost by 6/7 to UD, 2 to Fordham and 2 to SLU. Perhaps this is the game they get over the hump.

Friday:

UD (2) @ Loyola (15) Can the Flyers please close them out and not give me heart troubles this time around. Pretty please.

Saturday:

St Joes @ Davidson
UMass @ Rhody
LaSalle @ Mason

Lumped them all together because all are fighting to get out of the Sock Hop

Fordham (3t) @ VCU (1) VCU has the easiest schedule left, could be a huge week for Fordham, perhaps their biggest since the blocks of granite graduated.

Duquesne (5) @ SLU (3t) Big week for both, if either wins both games this week they will be sitting strong for the double bye.

GW @ Bona Depending on what happens earlier in the week, perhaps a must win for both teams to avoid the Sock Hop.

So perhaps ESPN isn't going to feature any of these games on sports center this week, but gosh darnit, I love me some A-10 action
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-14-2023), Glen Clark (02-14-2023), mikeymo85 (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 04:10 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,173 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
And we are also watching the 2 teams who played for the A10 conference tournament title last year, vying to stay out of the "Sock Hop" on Tuesday this year.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:24 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Loyola Chicago gets the win in Amhurst 64-62.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2023, 10:55 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
It wasn’t easy. LUC gave up 16 straight points in the last ten minutes and were out scored 19-3 but hung on. Sounds a bit like a team I follow!

Hope that takes the starch out of them for Friday. We were lucky to prevail against them at our place as they completely shut down Deuce allowing him no field goals in regulation. The teams didn’t seem to like each other much either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 01:32 AM

Thanked 17,176 Times in 5,128 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Creighton is proving the power of conference scheduling.

They lost 6 in a row at one point to Arizona, Texas, Nebraska, BYU, Arizona State, and Marquette to get to 6-6. On January 11th after a loss to Xavier they were 9-8 and no longer in the NCAA field...with 8 losses already on the books. At any point if UD is 9-8, at-large chances are basically done. There's no hope unless you run the table and lose in the A10 Finals.

The Jays however win eight in a row over #24 Providence, Butler, St. Johns, #16 Xavier, Georgetown, Villanova, Seton Hall, and #20 UConn. Just like that they have three wins over nationally-ranked teams. Even with tonight's loss to PC, they still have NIT-bound St. Johns and #11 Marquette to make up ground. Right now Creighton is a lock for the field were the field posted today.

North Carolina has as many Q1 wins as Dayton does -- zip. They are 0-9 in Q1 games. But they still have #23 NC State, #7 Virginia, and Duke on the schedule, along with the ACC Tourney. They still have enough meat on the bone to play themselves into the NCAA Tourney. If they win those 3 big games and go 3-9 in Q1 they may get in.

Dayton does not get 12 chances at Q1 wins. We might be 4-5 a season. And we need to go 4-1 or 3-2 to feel good about ourselves. We can't win the same percentage of Q1 games because we don't have the volume. Our margin for error is almost nil. As up and down as we've been this year, if we had nine Q1 games, we'd have triumphed in at least 1-2 and that's conservative. We're 0-2 in Q1 this year and they were early. If we had a bunch of Q1 games in the back half of the season we'd have picked off a couple. When you play 1-2 Q1 games a week even blind squirrels find some nuts.

In the committee's eyes, going 4-9 vs Q1 is better than going 2-1 vs Q1.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-15-2023), mikeymo85 (02-15-2023), Runnin' Rebel (02-15-2023), ud2 (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Creighton is proving the power of conference scheduling.
It would just be such a big change, both good and bad, going from the A10 to the Big East.

Good: you don't have to worry about trying to get enough good games scheduled during the non-conference portion of the schedule, the league schedule provides plenty of opportunities...you can play yourself in...all the games are on a TV channel that is broadcast nationally and is easily accessible either on TV or via streaming

Bad: you never really get a break during league play against a weak opponent, it is just a constant grind the whole time...you can play yourself out...significantly larger and more hostile crowds during every away game
Old 02-15-2023, 09:51 AM
Academy Doolie

UdGrad2009 is a jewel in the roughUdGrad2009 is a jewel in the roughUdGrad2009 is a jewel in the rough
Creighton played an incredible OOC schedule, so idk if it is the power of the conference schedule or a combination of both. Their Strength of schedule in conference and out is highly ranked.

Their NET is 14 right now. I think the new NET, is heavily influenced on metrics and then how you won or lost. They lost some close games to really good teams during that 6 game losing streak and you just don't really suffer when you do that.

In short I don't think this is the committee being biased as much as it is the new NET rankings favoring the metrics.

North Carolina is 45 in the NET. They are 38 in Kenpom. The reason they have a chance is not because they are 0-9 vs Q1, its because they are 6-1 vs Quad 2. They also have no Q3 or Q4 losses. Again, they also look good in the efficiency metrics and strength of schedule both in and out of conference.

The flyers are not in consideration because they are - 0-2 Q1 2-3 Quad 2 and have 4 Quad 3 losses. If Dayton were 4-1 in Quad 2 and did not have the bad losses, they would have a shot. The metrics also do not view Dayton as all that great either. Good defensive ranking, not great offense. Strength of Schedule is not good at all.
Old 02-15-2023, 09:58 AM
Academy Doolie

UdGrad2009 is a jewel in the roughUdGrad2009 is a jewel in the roughUdGrad2009 is a jewel in the rough
I guess if your saying the A10 being down is the issue, then I would agree though. The biggest issue for Dayton right now and years to come is not committee bias, as much as it is the weakness of the A10 failing to provide enough opportunities to overcome more than 5 or 6 losses total to make the tournament. There really was no room for error this year with the weak schedule both in and out of conference.
Old 02-15-2023, 10:02 AM

It would just be such a big change, both good and bad, going from the A10 to the Big East.

Good: you don't have to worry about trying to get enough good games scheduled during the non-conference portion of the schedule, the league schedule provides plenty of opportunities...you can play yourself in...all the games are on a TV channel that is broadcast nationally and is easily accessible either on TV or via streaming

Bad: you never really get a break during league play against a weak opponent, it is just a constant grind the whole time...you can play yourself out...significantly larger and more hostile crowds during every away game
Most of us would take those Bad's for those Good's everyday and twice on Sunday!
Old 02-15-2023, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by UdGrad2009 View Post
They lost some close games to really good teams during that 6 game losing streak and you just don't really suffer when you do that.
Agree, I was looking at West Virginia's schedule, they had a 5 game losing streak to Big 12 opponents, and their Torvik rating only dropped 9 spots. The whole thing seems so incestuous/very exclusive, it's all just a big p5/p6 gathering where everybody scratches each other's backs. Those losses should matter more.

If we had a 5 game A10 losing streak, that would just about destroy the entire season.

Last edited by ud2; 02-15-2023 at 10:15 AM..
Old 02-15-2023, 11:27 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Agree, I was looking at West Virginia's schedule, they had a 5 game losing streak to Big 12 opponents, and their Torvik rating only dropped 9 spots. The whole thing seems so incestuous/very exclusive, it's all just a big p5/p6 gathering where everybody scratches each other's backs. Those losses should matter more.

If we had a 5 game A10 losing streak, that would just about destroy the entire season.
In this year's A10? Absolutely. In the 2014 A10? Actually not.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:19 PM
General

Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device

If every fan at that game in Amherst counted as 10 fans, that game would still be sparsely attended.

CT Flyer (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 01:49 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,013 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UdGrad2009 View Post
Creighton played an incredible OOC schedule, so idk if it is the power of the conference schedule or a combination of both. Their Strength of schedule in conference and out is highly ranked.

Their NET is 14 right now. I think the new NET, is heavily influenced on metrics and then how you won or lost. They lost some close games to really good teams during that 6 game losing streak and you just don't really suffer when you do that.

In short I don't think this is the committee being biased as much as it is the new NET rankings favoring the metrics.

North Carolina is 45 in the NET. They are 38 in Kenpom. The reason they have a chance is not because they are 0-9 vs Q1, its because they are 6-1 vs Quad 2. They also have no Q3 or Q4 losses. Again, they also look good in the efficiency metrics and strength of schedule both in and out of conference.

The flyers are not in consideration because they are - 0-2 Q1 2-3 Quad 2 and have 4 Quad 3 losses. If Dayton were 4-1 in Quad 2 and did not have the bad losses, they would have a shot. The metrics also do not view Dayton as all that great either. Good defensive ranking, not great offense. Strength of Schedule is not good at all.
They actually lost those games without their best player, too.
Old 02-15-2023, 05:50 PM

Thanked 17,176 Times in 5,128 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
According to Lunardi this afternoon, UNC is in the bracket.

My comments were in no way an argument for Daytons consideration. We have none to speak of.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
CoffeeCan (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 05:57 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,661 Times in 780 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
According to Lunardi this afternoon, UNC is in the bracket.

My comments were in no way an argument for Daytons consideration. We have none to speak of.
And that is why we need to be in the BE. Just play good teams and if you win, great. If not, just win some of them.

UNC - similar resumes
https://barttorvik.com/resume-compar...lina&year=2023

UD - similar resumes
https://barttorvik.com/resume-compar...yton&year=2023

Basically, a team with UNCs profile and resume (being average but playing good teams) gets into the dance 3 out of 10 times.

A team with UDs profile and resume (being average but playing **** teams) gets into the dance only with an auto bid.

Last edited by CoffeeCan; 02-15-2023 at 06:07 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-16-2023), flyerfanatic86 (02-16-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 07:29 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
And that is why we need to be in the BE. Just play good teams and if you win, great. If not, just win some of them.

UNC - similar resumes
https://barttorvik.com/resume-compar...lina&year=2023

UD - similar resumes
https://barttorvik.com/resume-compar...yton&year=2023

Basically, a team with UNCs profile and resume (being average but playing good teams) gets into the dance 3 out of 10 times.

A team with UDs profile and resume (being average but playing **** teams) gets into the dance only with an auto bid.
The thing that gets me is, tOSU has ratings that put them in the discussion for an At Large bid, despite their 11-14 record; despite their 13th Place standing in the B1G. That’s the value of P5+1 status.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by T-Bone 84; 02-15-2023 at 07:34 PM..
Old 02-15-2023, 08:12 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
game of note:
Rhode Island up at half over VCU
30 24
Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 08:18 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
game of note:
Rhode Island up at half over VCU
30 24
Who got injured for VCU?
Old 02-15-2023, 08:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,513 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Who got injured for VCU?
The Center, Deloach.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 08:23 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Who got injured for VCU?
Ace is playing more like a Joker tonight. Currently 0-8 from the field.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2023, 09:07 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
AM is a terrible coach. URI leading most of the game, up by 10 with 9 minutes to go and lost.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2023, 09:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,143 Times in 2,617 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Archie blows, get that through your head people... Disgraceful last timeout and out of bounds defense.
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Monster Man (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 09:57 PM
General of the Air Force

You guys beat me to the keyboard.

You gotta be a horrible coach to let a double digit lead evaporate, on your home court, in just 4 minutes. FIRE ARCHIE!!! OK, now that I got that off my chest…

Rhody did an admirable job of containing Ace, holding him to 2 points on a pair of free throws. And they actually did a decent job of containing VCU players not named Johns, Kern, or Jackson. But those 3 weapons were all VCU needed, combining for 35 of 55 total points on 14 of 17 shooting from the field. Also, Rhody made 17 turnovers, 9 of which came from Leggett and Carey. That and 37% shooting doomed Rhody.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2023, 11:17 PM
General

Thanked 3,948 Times in 2,165 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
AM is a terrible coach. URI leading most of the game, up by 10 with 9 minutes to go and lost.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Archie blows, get that through your head people... Disgraceful last timeout and out of bounds defense.
What does that say about Dayton losing to them?
Old 02-15-2023, 11:49 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,143 Times in 2,617 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
What does that say about Dayton losing to them?
We sucked on that day doesn't change the fact that Archie isn't any good.
Old 02-16-2023, 08:11 AM

Alabama makes it to #1 and immediately loses to TN.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:16 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,442 Times in 686 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
We sucked on that day doesn't change the fact that Archie isn't any good.
Archie also did it with a lot less talent and after dismissing one of the better players on his team. Did you see how he called a timeout and drew up a play that got one of his better players driving towards the basket to take the lead late in the game? URI had some defensive lapses late, but it didn't feel like a complete implosion like UD suffers late game against VCU where we can't even get the ball across halfcourt. It looked to me more like VCU's talent finally winning out and they still had to hit a tough, contested jump shot at the buzzer.

I know you're trying to make a point, but I think it was a pretty good coaching job from what I saw (caveat being that I didn't watch the first half so maybe something crazy happened then, I don't know).
Old 02-16-2023, 09:59 AM

Thanked 2,441 Times in 838 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Archie did a nice job of coaching on the whole, but VCU erased a 13-point lead in the closing minutes because Rhody imploded defensively. They did a poor job handling the press — as we did — but they also gave away points on virtually uncontested dunks and layups at the end.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:13 AM
Colonel

zmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to behold
I thought the first 2 years for a new coach don’t count? At least that’s the excuse people here use for AG’s ****ty first 2 years.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to zmz723 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (02-16-2023), ud2 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 11:13 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Archie did a nice job of coaching on the whole, but VCU erased a 13-point lead in the closing minutes because Rhody imploded defensively. They did a poor job handling the press — as we did — but they also gave away points on virtually uncontested dunks and layups at the end.
In defense of Archie/Rhody, Freeman got the boot from the team earlier this week, and their only remaining PG went down during the game. As we all know, when VCU smells blood...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-18-2023), flyerfanatic86 (02-16-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 05:40 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,756 Times in 798 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
In defense of Archie/Rhody, Freeman got the boot from the team earlier this week, and their only remaining PG went down during the game. As we all know, when VCU smells blood...
Trying to imagine what he had to do to get dismissed from an AM team in his 1st year at a new gig.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Marysville Flyer; 02-16-2023 at 05:43 PM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-16-2023), Monster Man (02-17-2023), rollo (02-17-2023), springborofan (02-17-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 07:36 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,135 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Wait….is someone making an EXCUSE for AM not planning to have a 3rd string PG at the ready that could handle VCU press? He just doesn’t know how to construct a roster!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (02-17-2023), Monster Man (02-17-2023), Radar (02-17-2023), UDGutter2 (02-17-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 10:49 PM
General of the Air Force

tOSU getting curb-stomped by Iowa at the moment.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-16-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 07:31 AM
Lieutenant General

Posted via Mobile Device
But they are gaining steam and should pass the eye test. Talking heads will soon be talking about Louisville's at-large chances.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:56 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,781 Times in 940 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
But they are gaining steam and should pass the eye test. Talking heads will soon be talking about Louisville's at-large chances.
This joke is getting old. And this level of hyperbole isn't what makes the joke funny to begin with. Try using an example that actually makes sense like UNC or Michigan.

OSU has no chance of an at-large. And Louisville is one of the worst teams in the country and possibly the worst "Power 5-6" teams of all time.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (02-17-2023), m21eagle45 (02-17-2023), superfan99 (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 08:59 AM
General

Thanked 4,350 Times in 2,140 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device

What the hell happened to OSU? I don't pay much attention, but ever since their 2 point loss to Purdue, the wheels have completely fallen off.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 09:09 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,467 Times in 783 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
This joke is getting old. And this level of hyperbole isn't what makes the joke funny to begin with. Try using an example that actually makes sense like UNC or Michigan.

OSU has no chance of an at-large. And Louisville is one of the worst teams in the country and possibly the worst "Power 5-6" teams of all time.
Do you think that Georgetown is better than Louisville?

Edit: according to the NET rankings, Louisville is far worse. Wow. 324 compared to 230.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Hyde Park Flyer; 02-17-2023 at 09:12 AM..
Old 02-17-2023, 10:20 AM
Major General

hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
Do you think that Georgetown is better than Louisville?

Edit: according to the NET rankings, Louisville is far worse. Wow. 324 compared to 230.
Posted via Mobile Device
I rest my case.
Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 10:48 AM
Brigadier General

Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
I rest my case.
California is in at 300. Minnesota is below Georgetown at 245. The 3 of them should have to play to see who is relegated to dii.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2023, 10:49 AM
Brigadier General

Btw, Loyola, at 264, is the only A10 school with a lower NET than Georgetown.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 01:54 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Wait….is someone making an EXCUSE for AM not planning to have a 3rd string PG at the ready that could handle VCU press? He just doesn’t know how to construct a roster!
Can't believe it took 8 hrs for that response!
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 02:48 PM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Just 3rd string?? Hell, we have posters here that **** near thought we should have had an entire roster full of PG's. Let's see, we had Greer leave us in Dec. last year, Weaver gets shut down in Feb. which only left us Mal and Elvis but somehow when Mal gets injured it's now AG's fault for not having what should have been PG#5 on the roster.LMAO.

And then this season we go into it with Mal, Elvis and Mike, the first 2 get hurt within minutes of each other in the same game, and it was AG's fault for not either recruiting/convincing another PG to come in with 3 players with at least 3 years of eligibility left or convincing a transfer worth their weight to come in as a 3rd string PG.

Gee golly, and I could have just had a V-8!
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Monster Man (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 02:59 PM
Lieutenant General

maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Just 3rd string?? Hell, we have posters here that **** near thought we should have had an entire roster full of PG's. Let's see, we had Greer leave us in Dec. last year, Weaver gets shut down in Feb. which only left us Mal and Elvis but somehow when Mal gets injured it's now AG's fault for not having what should have been PG#5 on the roster.LMAO.

And then this season we go into it with Mal, Elvis and Mike, the first 2 get hurt within minutes of each other in the same game, and it was AG's fault for not either recruiting/convincing another PG to come in with 3 players with at least 3 years of eligibility left or convincing a transfer worth their weight to come in as a 3rd string PG.

Gee golly, and I could have just had a V-8!
What is AG’s fault is that he’s never, ever taken us to the NCAA tournament. Excuses don’t matter after this many years. Every team has injuries, defections, illness. That’s just part of the sport.

Last year shouldn’t be about losing Mali v Richmond. We could have gone as an at large.. except for the horrific losses vs Mason and LaSalle after the humiliating eagerly season losses to tomato cans. And this year we have a bucket full of losses, several to bottom teams and ZERO good wins. And several of our losses are directly attributable to his mismanagement of the game strategy.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (02-17-2023), ud2 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 03:10 PM
Colonel

zmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to behold
There definitely was 1 NCAA tourney he’s “taken” us to, but 1 in 5 and probably 1 in 6 is really bad. He got fired at Bama for the same thing
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to zmz723 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bcross (02-18-2023), flyerfanatic86 (02-21-2023), m21eagle45 (02-17-2023), ud2 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 03:15 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
What is AG’s fault is that he’s never, ever taken us to the NCAA tournament. Excuses don’t matter after this many years. Every team has injuries, defections, illness. That’s just part of the sport.

Last year shouldn’t be about losing Mali v Richmond. We could have gone as an at large.. except for the horrific losses vs Mason and LaSalle after the humiliating eagerly season losses to tomato cans. And this year we have a bucket full of losses, several to bottom teams and ZERO good wins. And several of our losses are directly attributable to his mismanagement of the game strategy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Horrific losses on the road with the youngest team in the country with one of them with Camara not even playing, as if games are guaranteed against scholarship players? Son, I doubt you played anything beyond any league where the Capri Sun pouches got passed around. That young was NOT going to be mature enough to walk into any gym on the road, cocky enough that they were on a roll and playing well, and expect to win every game because they aren't able to match intensity for 40 minutes against a team possibly playing many juniors/seniors. Simply sad that you're ignorant enough not to see that.

You can go ahead and live in your world all you want where you can circle your wins every year on the schedule, laying your fat arse in your lazy boy, before teams even lace their shoes on but I don't. Any team at their gym can beat anybody **** near or at least take it down to the wire. Go talk to OSU, go talk to NC who had **** near had everybody back this year and has lost 9-10 games, go talk to X who got beat at DePaul and Butler. Go talk to Kansas who lost 3 in a row. Go talk to FSU who is about to lose their 20th game. Go talk to Syracuse. Go talk to umpteen more teams who can't find consistency with plenty of them NOT having any injuries or even close to the amount of total games injuries have cost UD.It's freakin' basketball and you don't just count the guaranteed wins.

None of that said makes AG a great coach, as he's had more than a few illogical brain farts, or a bad coach but a coach that has to patch pieces together in a game that requires real leadership and chemistry and when the shots don't fall in a 40 minute game you're going to be in a battle and you don't win them all especially on the road.

Last edited by steve; 02-17-2023 at 03:24 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-18-2023), Monster Man (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 03:53 PM
Colonel

All of those teams you listed make the NCAA tournament far more often than not.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2023, 04:22 PM
Major General

Just 3rd string?? Hell, we have posters here that **** near thought we should have had an entire roster full of PG's.
Those posters were right...
Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 05:29 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Horrific losses on the road with the youngest team in the country with one of them with Camara not even playing, as if games are guaranteed against scholarship players? Son, I doubt you played anything beyond any league where the Capri Sun pouches got passed around. That young was NOT going to be mature enough to walk into any gym on the road, cocky enough that they were on a roll and playing well, and expect to win every game because they aren't able to match intensity for 40 minutes against a team possibly playing many juniors/seniors. Simply sad that you're ignorant enough not to see that.

You can go ahead and live in your world all you want where you can circle your wins every year on the schedule, laying your fat arse in your lazy boy, before teams even lace their shoes on but I don't. Any team at their gym can beat anybody **** near or at least take it down to the wire. Go talk to OSU, go talk to NC who had **** near had everybody back this year and has lost 9-10 games, go talk to X who got beat at DePaul and Butler. Go talk to Kansas who lost 3 in a row. Go talk to FSU who is about to lose their 20th game. Go talk to Syracuse. Go talk to umpteen more teams who can't find consistency with plenty of them NOT having any injuries or even close to the amount of total games injuries have cost UD.It's freakin' basketball and you don't just count the guaranteed wins.

None of that said makes AG a great coach, as he's had more than a few illogical brain farts, or a bad coach but a coach that has to patch pieces together in a game that requires real leadership and chemistry and when the shots don't fall in a 40 minute game you're going to be in a battle and you don't win them all especially on the road.
Can't refute facts so goes to personal attacks, son.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:17 PM
Brigadier General

Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Can't refute facts so goes to personal attacks, son.
Facts are despite all the advantages the P5 teams have (see UNC, MI this year and Syracuse in 2016), there aren’t 30 teams and likely not 25 meeting the unrealistic criteria the Cryer minority fanbase thinks they are owed. They also think OSU fans count invites like they do and are thus happy to be 4 of 6 with first round losses as a 2seed and not past round 2 in any of the 4.

They also want to act like 2019 never happened because firing a National coach of the year at a place like UD 3 years later would be sheer idiocy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Marysville Flyer; 02-17-2023 at 06:22 PM..
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 10:42 PM
Brigadier General

steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
game of note tomorrow:
Fordham at VCU 2:30pm

Fordham tied for 3rd in the conference with
a team they beat, St Louis..
both Fordham and VCU have motivation here
Old 02-18-2023, 07:16 AM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
If Fordham and St Louis both win we could have four teams tied for first at 10-4. These last four games are crucial and I'm glad we're at full strength - especially if we can get Blakney back. Any word on him lately?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-18-2023), steverino015 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 07:29 AM
Lieutenant General

I’m sure the great Jablonski will keep us informed as usual! Soon as he gets to the bottom of the Amafule story! A shame we get so little from the guy who is allegedly the lead “reporter” in town. We get our info from the box score. Apparently he’s never heard of an interview.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2023, 08:33 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
If Fordham and St Louis both win we could have four teams tied for first at 10-4. These last four games are crucial and I'm glad we're at full strength - especially if we can get Blakney back. Any word on him lately?
There’s a separate thread about RJ’s status.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (02-18-2023), tirebiter (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 08:44 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,951 Times in 2,946 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
I’m sure the great Jablonski will keep us informed as usual! Soon as he gets to the bottom of the Amafule story! A shame we get so little from the guy who is allegedly the lead “reporter” in town. We get our info from the box score. Apparently he’s never heard of an interview.
Posted via Mobile Device
You really are utterly pathetic in your hatred of Jablo. He could win a Pulitzer Prize and you’d complain he didn’t get a Nobel Prize.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
John C. (02-18-2023), Radar (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 11:39 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
You really are utterly pathetic in your hatred of Jablo. He could win a Pulitzer Prize and you’d complain he didn’t get a Nobel Prize.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don’t hate him. I just find his “journalism” utterly lacking. Go ahead, list just a few of his best insider informations or his keen insights? He publishes little more than what anyone can glean from public information.

But clearly he ant least stays above your petty personal insults when you don’t agree with an opinion. It really is a poor deflection.

He’s an embarrassment.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2023, 12:04 PM
Lieutenant General

They seem to be gaining some steam going into conference play...
Carefull what you post, Hawkoooo is monitoring

Last edited by UD62; 02-18-2023 at 12:06 PM..
Old 02-18-2023, 04:17 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
VCU of 20 under 12 minutes to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2023, 04:41 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,135 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Is it necessary to insult someone because you don’t agree with his opinion? I don’t agree with Maddog on a lot of opinions but I don’t see a reason to get personal. Utterly pathetic? Stop trying to be a one man Twitter mob.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-21-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 04:55 PM
Colonel

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, VCU wins. Duquesne plays st. Louis in the next game of consequence at 8 o’clock.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2023, 05:34 PM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
I don’t hate him. I just find his “journalism” utterly lacking. Go ahead, list just a few of his best insider informations or his keen insights? He publishes little more than what anyone can glean from public information. Posted via Mobile Device
Here is a link to his twitter feed: https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski

Take a look at the content from the Loyola game and tell me what you would do differently.
Old 02-18-2023, 06:25 PM
Brigadier General

Is it necessary to insult someone because you don’t agree with his opinion? I don’t agree with Maddog on a lot of opinions but I don’t see a reason to get personal. Utterly pathetic? Stop trying to be a one man Twitter mob.
Yeah let’s keep our insults, degrading remarks and attacks for the players and coach.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (02-18-2023), steverino015 (02-19-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 07:30 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zmz723 View Post
There definitely was 1 NCAA tourney he’s “taken” us to, but 1 in 5 and probably 1 in 6 is really bad. He got fired at Bama for the same thing
Posted via Mobile Device
It's crazy that one of the best coaches in the country has only been to 2 NCAA's in his last 11 seasons.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:24 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
California is in at 300. Minnesota is below Georgetown at 245. The 3 of them should have to play to see who is relegated to dii.
Posted via Mobile Device
That, or move Cal to the WCC, Louisville to the MAC, and Georgetown to the MEAC.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2023, 08:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, VCU wins. Duquesne plays st. Louis in the next game of consequence at 8 o’clock.
Posted via Mobile Device
As if there was much doubt, we now know for sure who the Alpha Ram is in the A-10.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2023, 08:44 PM
Colonel

Posted via Mobile Device
Dukes up 28-14 10 minutes into the 1st half.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:45 PM
Brigadier General

That, or move Cal to the WCC, Louisville to the MAC, and Georgetown to the MEAC.
Posted via Mobile Device
Better idea.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2023, 11:20 PM

Thanked 6,644 Times in 3,037 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Ha-ha-ha! Who are you to talk about having a hatred of someone. You are utterly pathetic in your obsession with and hatred of a particular person whom you post over and over and over and over and over about on the Off-Topic board. Look in the mirror if you want to see a pathetic person.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-21-2023), jack72 (02-19-2023), Monster Man (02-19-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 02:50 AM
Brigadier General

so after today, the top 4 in the A10 are:
VCU 11 - 3 in the A10
Dayton 10 - 4
St Louis 10 - 4
Fordham 9 - 5
Old 02-19-2023, 04:41 PM
General

Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
so after today, the top 4 in the A10 are:
VCU 11 - 3 in the A10
Dayton 10 - 4
St Louis 10 - 4
Fordham 9 - 5

Just keep winning, baybee!
If the Flyers win out, they can finish no worse than second.

steverino015 (02-20-2023)
Old 02-21-2023, 08:44 PM
Colonel

VCU up 20 against Saint Joe’s, and SLU seven over Richmond with five minutes to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2023, 08:47 PM
Colonel

And just as I posted this, Richmond hits two threes to make it a one point game with three minutes to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2023, 09:04 PM
Colonel

Richmond rallies from 15 down to win.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2023, 09:05 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,347 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Richmond wins by 3. Collins 17 assists in the loss for SLU.

VCU wins big. Nunn 31 points on 12-13 shooting, including 7-7 from 3.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:33 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,513 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
SLU is just terrible defensively. Left Richmond players wide open and the Spiders made them pay.
Old 02-21-2023, 11:23 PM
General

Saint Louis led the whole way, until they didn't

SLU shot 53% from the field, 86% from the line, out-rebounded Richmond by five, had seven more assists, and lost!

Richmond took a whopping 37 threes and made 46% of them, and went 16-20 at the free throw line. Saint Louis led the whole way, until the last 70 seconds.

Old 02-22-2023, 08:04 AM
Staff Writer

As would be expected the folks over at Billikens.com are taking the loss to Richmond well:

https://www.billikens.com/forum/inde...etball-player/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2023, 08:15 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
SLU shot 53% from the field, 86% from the line, out-rebounded Richmond by five, had seven more assists, and lost!

Richmond took a whopping 37 threes and made 46% of them, and went 16-20 at the free throw line. Saint Louis led the whole way, until the last 70 seconds.

Old 02-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Brigadier General

Richmond wins by 3. Collins 17 assists in the loss for SLU.

VCU wins big. Nunn 31 points on 12-13 shooting, including 7-7 from 3.
17 assists.... and they lose

maybe that can get them mad,
so they take it out on VCU
that's who VCU plays before us
Old 02-22-2023, 08:41 AM
Lieutenant General

Richmond took almost 70% of their shots from 3!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2023, 08:46 AM
Brigadier General

They’ve given up 32 - 3 point shots in their last 2 games. SLU is currently ranked 163 giving up 33.5%. Teams have to defend the arc. Btw, UD is currently sitting at #5 giving up only 28.2%.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Hyde Park Flyer; 02-22-2023 at 08:49 AM..