User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Another 2021 Committment

according to Alyssa's instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw8aj2Ml..._web_copy_link
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-02-2019)
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2019, 05:29 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I'll never be confused with an informed volleyball fan, but I do root for all things Flyer. That said, before I think about airline tickets to Louisville next season to see a Flyer/Gator volleyball matchup, are we going to be able to compete well that level of competition? Are we looking at a good year? Anybody?
Old 05-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,360 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I'll never be confused with an informed volleyball fan, but I do root for all things Flyer. That said, before I think about airline tickets to Louisville next season to see a Flyer/Gator volleyball matchup, are we going to be able to compete well that level of competition? Are we looking at a good year? Anybody?
We should be the best Flyer team ever. But we have to be healthy. As a collective group there have been more health and personal issues with this group than normal. I’m hoping this year and next year those odds even out and we stay relatively healthy. We’ve seen the other side of that coin too often the last 2-3 years.

I’m thinking about a Louisville trip and I’m 12 hours away.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-03-2019), rollo (05-03-2019), San Diego Flyer (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 02:14 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing out on Rich Kern about the new recruit yet. There were new recruiting rules going into affect May 1 so there were some rushes to get verbals in before that date so you are grandfathered in. It was kind of funny some 7th and 8th graders were demanding verbal offers from some programs. I’m guessing it didn’t phase any D1 coaches. They make offers when they are sold on a recruit, not on the recruit’s timeline.

Ahhhhh the life of a 12-13 year old...so disappointing sometimes.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed on the Gator VB schedule that they play Fri and Sat. Dayton also plays on Sunday v Louisville. SDF, you may want to stay over to see the Flyers play Louisville at 1:00pm.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:05 PM

Nothing yet on a name etc for this new commitment. Still working on it.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:20 AM

Lia Hawken. 6’1” OH from Vancouver, WA - our first player from the state of WA I’m sure. Skyview high school. Portland Junior VBC.

Lots of welcomes from current and future Flyers out on her Instagram account on the Dayton campus pucture. Also further down it shows a video of her playing at Frericks.

https://www.instagram.com/hawkenlia/

Welcome Lia. Both the 2020 and the 2021 classes are looking very strong. The 2019 Class is good too, but with two of the four players being a transfer and judo player, that class won’t get top recognition. They don’t consider transfers in recruiting class rankings. That leaves two recruits and its tough to get ranked with two players.
jack72 (05-08-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-08-2019), San Diego Flyer (05-08-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like we have a bunch of recruits committed. Do we have any projected open schollies left for '20 or '21?
Old 05-08-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Seems like we have a bunch of recruits committed. Do we have any projected open schollies left for '20 or '21?
My guess is no...these classes are probably full. And, 2021 might be one long right now, but with the amount of injuries we have had in recent years and players sliding back a year, there is a good chance that happens to someone to even it out.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-09-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 02:28 PM

The NCAA voted in some new recruiting rule earlier this year. The biggest one is offers can’t be extended until the student athlete’s Junior year in high school. So that is currently 2021 recruits. Anyone who had already verballed is grandfathered in. Dayton has 4 recruits already for 2021 and 1 for 2022. We also have 4 in the 2020 class.

With all the redshirts the last 3 years and the fact we were ahead of the recruiting cycle when the new rules kicked in, my guess is we are probably working on 2022. We have an exceptional Libero already committed for 2022. But under the new rules we can’t offer anyone else in that class until next year at this time. So I don’t expect a lot of new recruit announcements this year.

But I noticed a classification change on the roster page. Jamie Peterson is now classified as a redshirt Sopomore vs a RS-junior as was the case earlier this year. She has only played her freshman year. She then had an injury redshirt year and last year a personal-leave year last year. Because of title IV, she should not have lost a year last year. However I wasn’t sure if the 5year rule factored in. It now appears she in fact has three years of elibility left and/or its been approved by the NCAA. Great news for the program because she is really, really good.

It does however put 7 players in the sophomore class - which will turnover with the 2022 class. A lot of offers will be going out this time next year.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 08-03-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Glen Clark (08-04-2019), jack72 (08-05-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-03-2019)