Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Hmmm...the DDN believes he will sign Friday. Perhaps he has signed the "official" forms already and tomorrow will just be a ceremony.

"Dayton will land Wayne senior basketball standout Trey Landers during a signing ceremony Friday. He committed to UD during last season’s state title run and is the brother of Wayne grad and OSU freshman defensive lineman Robert Landers".

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/new...signees/npLb8/
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2015, 11:43 AM
2nd Lieutenant

sw368407 is a glorious beacon of lightsw368407 is a glorious beacon of lightsw368407 is a glorious beacon of lightsw368407 is a glorious beacon of lightsw368407 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ready Action View Post
Hmmm...the DDN believes he will sign Friday. Perhaps he has signed the "official" forms already and tomorrow will just be a ceremony.

"Dayton will land Wayne senior basketball standout Trey Landers during a signing ceremony Friday. He committed to UD during last season’s state title run and is the brother of Wayne grad and OSU freshman defensive lineman Robert Landers".

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/new...signees/npLb8/
Archie also sent out a tweet to welcome Trey to the Flyer family and by NCAA rules he can't talk about recruits specifically until they have officially signed the LOI. It's a done deal!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sw368407 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-12-2015), Ready Action (11-12-2015), Tony T 71 (11-12-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 11:45 AM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to Trey. When I saw him last season at Flyin' to the Hoops I really liked his bull dog mentality, kind of reminded me of a bigger Kyle Davis with a better outside shot. I doubt he has the handles or vision of Kyle, but he's got the body to be a better rebounder. Should compliment Mikesell's game well, I imagine they'll be fighting for playing time at the 2-3 spot in a few seasons. As an aside, I assume he's related to OSU frosh footballer Robert Landers? I'd assume so with the same last name and HS, but don't know.

Would like to see a true PG round out this 2 man class. With Scooch, Kyle, Darryl & Crosby set to be on the roster next year, its not a huge immediate need, and going to be tough for anyone to see minutes at the spot next year (a transfer would work well) but there is going to be a glaring need in 2 seasons behind Crosby when Scooch & Kyle graduate.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:46 AM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
nevermind about Robert, didn't see the note above.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:14 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,118 Times in 2,611 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Archie talks about Trey:

"We are excited to add Trey to the program," Miller said. "I've developed a ton of respect for coach Trice and his program. I love the culture he creates for his kids. When we were recruiting Xeyrius and watching their young guys in the tournament, it became obvious that Trey was our kind of guy.

"He brings a toughness and attitude to competition we love, and his size and athleticism on the perimeter is going to give us a physical defender and versatile offensive player. He's already 6-5, 220 which is what we want in our bigger guards.

"Winning is everything to him. With Wayne already having a state title, and them gearing up for another run, they will have a target on their backs. That will put him in a 'big game' mode all the time. That will only help him, and down the road, help us.

"As a person, very few kids have had the connection he has had with our staff going through the recruiting process. He will bring a vibrant personality to our team -- someone that's excited for everything he has at his fingertips. We look forward to developing him on and off the court."

http://daytonflyers.com/news/2015/11...112151500.aspx
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
anthonycharles (11-12-2015), Bonziflyer (11-13-2015), fuz_forward (11-12-2015), Gazoo (11-12-2015), Sea Bass (11-12-2015), sw368407 (11-12-2015), TommyGola (12-22-2015), Tony T 71 (11-12-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Let's get this news into it's own thread and welcome Trey!
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28313
Old 11-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
So, we have one recruit for 2016?
Old 11-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NovaFlyer View Post
For now. We have two spots open, assuming our two seniors (Wherli and Pierre) graduate. Landers takes one spot. Wherli could theoretically play one more year I think (believe he didn't play any minutes as a freshman so he technically has another year of eligibility, though it seems unlikely at best that he would stay a 5th year and be awarded a scholarship again next year).

Seems we have been after another combo guard in the class, or at least a wing. Christian Vital would have taken the other spot but moved on to UNLV. I'm not sure we have offers out to anyone else for 2016 right now who has not committed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-12-2015, 07:19 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NovaFlyer View Post
Yup, we have 1 schollie left for 2016... Hopefully find a gem in the Spring
Old 11-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,160 Times in 803 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
or give it to Pierre.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:39 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by John C. View Post
or give it to Pierre.
no doubt if he redshirts this year
Old 11-12-2015, 08:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I love recruits who have their best games against the very best competition. It doesn't excite me when someone has a big game against a bunch of 6 footers, but when they elevate their game against the #1 team It makes a great impression on me.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:30 AM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
https://youtu.be/14-1nK8Z38UUU
Here is high light tape of Wayne vs #1 Findlay Prep from last season. They saved the best for last. Enjoy.
Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 08:36 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Wherli could theoretically play one more year I think (believe he didn't play any minutes as a freshman so he technically has another year of eligibility, though it seems unlikely at best that he would stay a 5th year and be awarded a scholarship again next year).
Wehrli didn't play his freshman year, though, they only have him designated as a Senior in the roster. That's not to say they couldn't change that, but I wonder if they knew he wanted to come back if they'd change his designation in the roster page to Redshirt Junior.

I knew I should have asked KD, SS, CC and KP at the Volleyball game Friday night when they sat 3 rows in front of me.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
Wehrli didn't play his freshman year, though, they only have him designated as a Senior in the roster. That's not to say they couldn't change that, but I wonder if they knew he wanted to come back if they'd change his designation in the roster page to Redshirt Junior.

I knew I should have asked KD, SS, CC and KP at the Volleyball game Friday night when they sat 3 rows in front of me.
Really? The 3 leaders and their classmate supported the V-Ball team? Why am I not surprised. That's awesome
Old 11-13-2015, 01:24 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Really? The 3 leaders and their classmate supported the V-Ball team? Why am I not surprised. That's awesome
Yea. Scoochie and Kyle were there first, and I asked why they weren't at practice, and Scoochie responded that practice had just ended. Later Cooke and Pollard showed up. All checking out their iPhones. Scoochie was talking to one of the cameramen, and that might because he was

I've seen other members of the basketball teams (both men's and women's) at the Volleyball games numerous times.

Coach Kelly is almost always there, and Coach Vittorio shows up from time to time.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:03 AM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
Yea. Scoochie and Kyle were there first, and I asked why they weren't at practice, and Scoochie responded that practice had just ended. Later Cooke and Pollard showed up. All checking out their iPhones. Scoochie was talking to one of the cameramen, and that might because he was

I've seen other members of the basketball teams (both men's and women's) at the Volleyball games numerous times.

Coach Kelly is almost always there, and Coach Vittorio shows up from time to time.

It's family.

bobber (11-15-2015), Figgie123 (11-15-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
UD commit Trey Landers is averaging 19.7 ppg through the first 3 games for Wayne HS. L'christian "Blue" Smith a sophomore UD target from Wayne HS is averaging 17 ppg.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Captain

Here is a highlight tape from this past Saturdays game.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...2-243834.shtml
Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (12-22-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 06:15 PM
1st Lieutenant

Mr. Flyerfanman is a name known to allMr. Flyerfanman is a name known to allMr. Flyerfanman is a name known to allMr. Flyerfanman is a name known to allMr. Flyerfanman is a name known to allMr. Flyerfanman is a name known to all
Trey had a decent game against Northmont on Friday night. I believe he scored 10pts but made a nice shot at the basket and hit his free throw. The other baskets were at the rim too but didn't take any jump shots. He made 4 out of 6 from the free throw line and didn't play at all in the fourth quarter since Wayne was up by 30 at that point.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Just off the Jet

FlyersFanatic has a spectacular aura aboutFlyersFanatic has a spectacular aura aboutFlyersFanatic has a spectacular aura about
Don't hold your breath for Blue LaChristian Smith, the kid is a 5 star recruit in football and basketball. He got invited to the Under Amour All American Football Camp as a Sophomore. He is looking to go to a top school in the country. He has already got some big time offers for both sports. (Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois for football.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:50 AM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Not a problem. Xeyrius and Trey are great gets. When the player explodes with that kind of attention, our resources are best served by moving on.

Trey reminds me of Marcus Johnson. Shooting needs work, but athleticism is off the charts.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Not a problem. Xeyrius and Trey are great gets. When the player explodes with that kind of attention, our resources are best served by moving on.
I hear what you're saying, but I suspect Dayton will stay engaged with Blue (ya know, if he's their boy) until he's committed to another program (or football). Because Wayne is right down the street (and is a program they want to engage with anyhow), it shouldn't be hard for Dayton to stay engaged with him, without taxing resources.

And Dayton wants to be seen as a player for top local players, no matter how unrealistic. So if Blue's buddy Trey gets him on campus, or if the kid wants to use some recruit tickets to see games at UD Arena, that's great.

And you never know... maybe he decides he wants to play in his hometown. Maybe the kid is Jordan Sibert, goes to an OSU, and decides to transfer later on for a better opportunity. A lot of things can happen.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (12-28-2015), IndianaFlyer (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 03:10 PM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Me likey your scenario. Even if it's only 5% we have a chance.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Some info on 2016 (possibly reclassifying to 2017) combo guard, Maishe Dailey, from the Cleveland burbs (Bedford)...

Per NY2LASports.com, he seems to really likes Northern Iowa, but has picked up interest from Dayton, who he was planning to visit on Dec. 19 (presumably to attend the Furman game): http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_o...articleid=3220

On Dec. 23, he picked an offer up from Rutgers, his 21st offer (but who's counting, right?):
https://twitter.com/_mdailey15/statu...38216677675008

Some discussion about him on the Michigan site. Doesn't sound like he has a Michigan offer, but worth noting that Beilein has won some recent recruiting battles over Dayton (Caris Levert & Aubrey Dawkins): http://forum.umhoops.com/t/maishe-da...2017-wing/1352
FLYER5 (12-31-2015), jack72 (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 06:45 PM

Thanked 10,173 Times in 5,901 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
Some info on 2016 (possibly reclassifying to 2017) combo guard, Maishe Dailey, from the Cleveland burbs (Bedford)...

Per NY2LASports.com, he seems to really likes Northern Iowa, but has picked up interest from Dayton, who he was planning to visit on Dec. 19 (presumably to attend the Furman game): http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_o...articleid=3220

On Dec. 23, he picked an offer up from Rutgers, his 21st offer (but who's counting, right?):
https://twitter.com/_mdailey15/statu...38216677675008

Some discussion about him on the Michigan site. Doesn't sound like he has a Michigan offer, but worth noting that Beilein has won some recent recruiting battles over Dayton (Caris Levert & Aubrey Dawkins): http://forum.umhoops.com/t/maishe-da...2017-wing/1352
Maishe actually plays for Beachwood and is 6'6". They are a D3 team, but just beat perennial D1 power St Edwards, as Rutgers and Michigan watched.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:43 PM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Landers playing well in the Arbys classic. Went for 21 pts, 7rbs and 5 assists in a win to advance to the championship game
Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 07:41 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post

Trey reminds me of Marcus Johnson. Shooting needs work, but athleticism is off the charts.
Agree with you 100%.................IF the kid lived 500 miles away but he doesn't and IF the kid said he wanted to play football which I have no idea..UD will work him HARD, and should, being just down the street, having a great relationship with Trice, and having 2 Wayne kids on the roster soon. Takes very very very few resources and effort to recruit a kid 8 miles away especially with half the recruiting coming from both Williams and Landers..
Old 12-31-2015, 09:02 AM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
There were several potential recruits at the game last night - perhaps 3. They were sitting behind the Dayton bench.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 09:30 AM

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sea Bass View Post
Landers playing well in the Arbys classic. Went for 21 pts, 7rbs and 5 assists in a win to advance to the championship game
I really like Landers and all Wayne recruits, but 2 of his stats scare me:

3-point %: 8.3% (1/12)
FT %: 64.7% (33/51)

He's not a shooter by any stretch of the imagination, he's an athletic slasher in the mold of Marcus Johnson who had a great career slashing to the basket running BG's weave .

How he fits into Miller's offense will be interesting.
CE80 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 10:26 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
There were several potential recruits at the game last night - perhaps 3. They were sitting behind the Dayton bench.
Cool. Do we know who any of them were?
Old 12-31-2015, 10:51 AM

Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
the thing about the Wayne kids (including Wagner with Iowa) is that are ready to defend on the college level.

Landers is not a three point shooter but he does everything else was and has a college ready body.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I really like Landers and all Wayne recruits, but 2 of his stats scare me:

3-point %: 8.3% (1/12)
FT %: 64.7% (33/51)

He's not a shooter by any stretch of the imagination, he's an athletic slasher in the mold of Marcus Johnson who had a great career slashing to the basket running BG's weave .

How he fits into Miller's offense will be interesting.
Wasn't there another local kid that was recruited by BG as a pg, that was not much of a shooter? When all is said and done, I think that kid ended up having a pretty good college career.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:36 PM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Wasn't there another local kid that was recruited by BG as a pg, that was not much of a shooter? When all is said and done, I think that kid ended up having a pretty good college career.
Screw "that guy" and his dad
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (12-31-2015), Catman94 (12-31-2015), ClaytonFlyerFan (01-01-2016), jack72 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 12:40 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Screw "that guy" and his dad
I won't argue with you there.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,133 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
I have no idea if this kid was a recruit, but there was a young kid in the concession line underneath that looked to be7'0". He was taller than Maverick Morgan whom I stood by often several years ago. I assume that was his father who was with him--he was only a little shorter than this kid.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:27 PM

Wayne wins the Arbys Classic. Landers named tourney MVP.
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (12-31-2015), Bonziflyer (01-01-2016), ClaytonFlyerFan (01-01-2016), College B-Ball Fan (12-31-2015), Glen Clark (01-01-2016), NJFlyr71 (12-31-2015), Runnin' Rebel (01-01-2016), San Diego Flyer (01-01-2016), The Fly (01-01-2016), TommyGola (01-01-2016), ud69 (12-31-2015)
Old 01-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,945 Times in 2,942 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
I have no idea if this kid was a recruit, but there was a young kid in the concession line underneath that looked to be7'0". He was taller than Maverick Morgan whom I stood by often several years ago. I assume that was his father who was with him--he was only a little shorter than this kid.
Matt Schwade from FlyerHoops.net with the answer:

Sterling Manley -2017 F/C from Pickerington was there with his dad behind UD bench.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (01-01-2016), Glen Clark (01-01-2016), springborofan (03-23-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 10:53 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Sterling Manley is a 6"10", 210 lb junior with no offers showing.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Sterling Manley is a 6"10", 210 lb junior with no offers showing.
He has offers from Miami, NKU, Ohio, Tennessee-Martin and Kent St. Some bigger schools sniffing around it seems. Recently was on an unofficial to IU, and has visited Dayton twice now in the past 4 months (once back in Sept).
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (01-01-2016), FLYER5 (01-02-2016), Glen Clark (01-02-2016), jack72 (01-01-2016), John C. (01-01-2016), San Diego Flyer (01-01-2016)
Old 01-02-2016, 09:01 PM

in the championship game Landers had 16 pts, 6rbs and 9 assists. He was 3-4 from the three.

On the season he is 20 ppg, 8 rbg, 4 apg, 2 bgp, He fgp is 65%.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-03-2016), San Diego Flyer (01-02-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 12:47 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Maishe actually plays for Beachwood and is 6'6". They are a D3 team, but just beat perennial D1 power St Edwards, as Rutgers and Michigan watched.
Maishe committed to Rutgers this past weekend.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-26-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 08:36 AM
General of the Air Force

Maishe committed to Rutgers this past weekend.
I saw that in the PD. There must be more to the story. I wonder why a kid from Cleveland would want to go play at Rutgers?
Old 01-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Major General

Probably liked the idea of playing in the Big Ten so he jumped at his first commitable Big Ten offer.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:44 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I saw that in the PD. There must be more to the story. I wonder why a kid from Cleveland would want to go play at Rutgers?
Not surprisingly, Maishe Dailey has reopened his recruitment.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Major General

@jeffborzello
UNLV decommit Christian Vital has heard from UConn, Cincinnati, Dayton, Providence, Iowa, WVU, Bama, Marquette, Butler, Louisville, Tulsa
flyer016 (03-23-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 11:25 PM
General

Thanked 3,923 Times in 2,155 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
@jeffborzello
UNLV decommit Christian Vital has heard from UConn, Cincinnati, Dayton, Providence, Iowa, WVU, Bama, Marquette, Butler, Louisville, Tulsa
be interesting to see what the staff does with this last scholarship. no big holes so we can swing for the fences
Old 03-23-2016, 09:57 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
be interesting to see what the staff does with this last scholarship. no big holes so we can swing for the fences
Yes - and I also find it interesting that Christian Vital is suddenly hearing from Mick Cronin. Wonder who Mick is recruiting for this week?
flyer016 (03-23-2016), flyerfanatic86 (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 12:52 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
The weekly Northwest Current here in DC features Gonzaga HS's Chris Lykes, a junior. Same high school as Sam Miller. Only 5'8'' and the star of a Gonzaga team that didn't do well this year (compared to years past) . . . he was named the WCAC's player of the year as well as the Gatorade DC boy's player of the year. The article isn't online yet, but mentions several schools have shown interest in Lykes, including Dayton, the Irish, Villanova, Miami FL, G'town and many others.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:20 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Miami,FL already has a 5'8 pg. Only one allowed per team.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,133 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by moville View Post
The weekly Northwest Current here in DC features Gonzaga HS's Chris Lykes, a junior. Same high school as Sam Miller. Only 5'8'' and the star of a Gonzaga team that didn't do well this year (compared to years past) . . . he was named the WCAC's player of the year as well as the Gatorade DC boy's player of the year. The article isn't online yet, but mentions several schools have shown interest in Lykes, including Dayton, the Irish, Villanova, Miami FL, G'town and many others.
AM and Kuwick have been on Lykes for 6-9 months. I thought he had already verballed though. For point guards, I think the staff likes him and the kid from Chicago (Gilyard?)
Old 03-23-2016, 07:07 PM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
AM and Kuwick have been on Lykes for 6-9 months. I thought he had already verballed though. For point guards, I think the staff likes him and the kid from Chicago (Gilyard?)
Have Sam Miller's issues the second half of the season made it more difficult to recruit from Gonzaga High School?
Old 03-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
@jeffborzello
Vital not coming to UD. He has cut his list to Alabama, Iowa, Louisville, Marquette, UCONN.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
Vital not coming to UD. He has cut his list to Alabama, Iowa, Louisville, Marquette, UCONN.
Would be interesting if he ends up at Bama since we play them next year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2016, 07:06 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
Initially he was between UD and UNLV. I wonder if AM has bigger plans with this ship than him...
Old 03-25-2016, 07:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 224 View Post
Initially he was between UD and UNLV. I wonder if AM has bigger plans with this ship than him...
Hopefully, about 9" and 50 pounds bigger.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-25-2016), jack72 (03-26-2016)
Old 03-25-2016, 08:00 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Hopefully, about 9" and 50 pounds bigger.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stop that winking stuff and spill the beans on the big man we're getting instead.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-08-2016)
Old 03-25-2016, 10:40 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Stop that winking stuff and spill the beans on the big man we're getting instead.
Key word, C-time: "Hopefully". That means I don't have any inside information, but I know what I'd like to see in a final recruit for 2016: a JUCO who goes @ 6'9" & 250, to give us another experienced big to complement our Sophs-to-be.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-08-2016), FLYER5 (03-26-2016)
Old 03-25-2016, 10:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Key word, C-time: "Hopefully". That means I don't have any inside information, but I know what I'd like to see in a final recruit for 2016: a JUCO who goes @ 6'9" & 250, to give us another experienced big to complement our Sophs-to-be.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're a tease like so many girls I've known, but I'd prefer a grad transfer than a Juco. But I'll settle for whoever can get UD to a Final 4 next year.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-26-2016)
Old 03-26-2016, 12:09 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by C-time View Post
You're a tease like so many girls I've known, but I'd prefer a grad transfer than a Juco. But I'll settle for whoever can get UD to a Final 4 next year.
OK, tell you what. We get a 6'9", 250 grad transfer this year, and a 6'9", 240 frosh next year. Fair enough?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-26-2016)
Old 03-26-2016, 09:24 AM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
OK, tell you what. We get a 6'9", 250 grad transfer this year, and a 6'9", 240 frosh next year. Fair enough?
Posted via Mobile Device
Why not 6'11"?
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (03-26-2016)
Old 03-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
How bout a huge, talented Eastern European? Other teams are having great success with them.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:40 AM

found this interesting.

Adam Finkelstein ‏@AdamFinkelstein
Wisconsin & Ohio State are expected at @IMGAcademy today for D'Mitrik Trice.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:56 PM
General

Thanked 3,923 Times in 2,155 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
found this interesting.

Wisconsin & Ohio State are expected at @IMGAcademy today for D'Mitrik Trice.
Wasn't he considering going with football out of high school?
Old 04-07-2016, 01:08 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Wasn't he considering going with football out of high school?
He was offered FB rides to MAC schools and under but went to IMG solely for basketball...but he's a 2-star and a short one at that...no way tOSU is offering after losing Harris. Despite being a Wayne stud, he's not B10 material...Horizon, yes. B10...can't see it. But his dad is well connected (cough, cough, sophomore L'Christian Smith) so you never really know what is truly behind an offer like this.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:23 PM

All Ohio Basketball ‏@all_ohio
2016 IMG Academy G @DMitrikTrice22 has added an offer from Wisconsin!
Old 04-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Brigadier General

The true test will be if Izzo offers. Michigan State seems to have a stranglehold in Dayton where P5's are concerned
Old 04-07-2016, 07:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Why not 6'11"?
Didn't want to be greedy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2016, 08:47 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
He was offered FB rides to MAC schools and under but went to IMG solely for basketball...but he's a 2-star and a short one at that...no way tOSU is offering after losing Harris. Despite being a Wayne stud, he's not B10 material...Horizon, yes. B10...can't see it. But his dad is well connected (cough, cough, sophomore L'Christian Smith) so you never really know what is truly behind an offer like this.
I would be STUNNED if Smith plays basketball in college.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyerfan4life For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-08-2016), rollo (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by flyerfan4life View Post
I would be STUNNED if Smith plays basketball in college.
I agree...he's a football stud and future tOSU QB (!!!), but don't discount the importance/necessity of having a working relationship with Coach Trice as a way to get Smith on your football team...or both.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
I agree...he's a football stud and future tOSU QB (!!!), but don't discount the importance/necessity of having a working relationship with Coach Trice as a way to get Smith on your football team...or both.
WR, imo.....You seen the videos on him for such a young WR? Wait until he learns the position...
Old 04-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Major General

I thought the same thing about his brother and was correct for 2 plus years but he became pretty decent as a junior and a STUD his senior year....I'm assuming his year away at the academy did him good...Just tough to measure/forecase these guys especially when they take a year off prior to college at an academy...
Old 04-08-2016, 07:59 AM
General

According to an article I saw somewhere, he played WR last season and has been offered as a WR at OSU. What that means to his basketball future, I don't know, but a quick glance on the internet has him listed as a WR everywhere.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:08 AM

Of course he played WR last season...with Messiah DeWeaver (MSU) at QB, you had to put L'Christian somewhere!

As for OSU, he's a QB...write it down.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Major General

Again, you obviously have not seen his film catching the football, running past DB's, going up in the air catching the ball, getting off of blocks, and catching the hardest pass which is the quick slant with LB's breathing down your throat and still taking it to the house....You don't teach that size, speed, hands, and hops at the WR position especially with top 10 NFL talent at that position barring injury..And that's before he even knew how to spell wide receiver....Wait until he learns it. WR, BANK IT !!
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by steve View Post
Again, you obviously have not seen his film catching the football, running past DB's, going up in the air catching the ball, getting off of blocks, and catching the hardest pass which is the quick slant with LB's breathing down your throat and still taking it to the house....You don't teach that size, speed, hands, and hops at the WR position especially with top 10 NFL talent at that position barring injury..And that's before he even knew how to spell wide receiver....Wait until he learns it. WR, BANK IT !!
Again, you obviously haven't sat with recruiters at his basketball games.

L'Christian being a QB at tOSU isn't my opinion, it's what I'm being told. That's all. Take it or leave it.

Remember Jeff Graham at Alter in the 80s? Played WR as a Jr, QB as a senior and WR at tOSU. Same talent level here...maybe a little bit more because of the height difference.

Last edited by rollo; 04-08-2016 at 08:31 AM..
Old 04-08-2016, 09:00 AM

"Don't fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never get in a pi$$ing match with Rollo"
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-08-2016), Flyer 86 (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 09:02 AM
General

Of course he played WR last season...with Messiah DeWeaver (MSU) at QB, you had to put L'Christian somewhere!

the Article I read addressed this, with I believe a quote from Smith saying that the plan is to stay at WR. Anyhoo, don't really have a dog in this fight, and there is another couple of years to figure this out. UD doesn't seem like a likely destination no matter what sport he plays.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Major General

I preface my posts with "imo". You should, as well.

IF he decides to play football: First, he's already been offered by OSU as a "WR", NOT a QB, regardless of what recruiters told you. Secondly, you're proving my point even with Graham....Elite athlete that played QB in HS as a senior because he was simply the best with the ball in his hands,yet,played "WR", NOT QB, in college because he was a stud at that position and he was going against highly rated QB's that played that position for 4 years in HS and attended plenty of camps (Look no further than Torrance Gibson at OSU. He even played the QB position for years in HS but has NFL written all over him if he can stay coachable). Third, L'Christian has not even yet learned the nuances of the WR position yet but is as good as any HS kid in the country at that position......at this young age so again, imo, he'll see the light. Fourth, go watch his film.He still has 2 years left in HS and nobody will decide the exact future for the kid but he, himself, as far as what sport he plays....
Old 04-08-2016, 09:17 AM

Medford, Steve and Sea Bass, if we don't get back on topic, Swampy's going to close this thread or change its title, so we somehow need to include a UD reference in further posts.

Go Flyers! All Transfers Welcome!

C-time (04-08-2016), FLYER5 (04-08-2016), jack72 (04-08-2016), Sea Bass (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 09:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, ESPN Recruiting site lists Smith as a "Quarterback Dual Threat"

Another site simply lists him as an "athlete"

Why close this thread for going off topic? Find me one thread that never ventures slightly off the main topic, good luck with that.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of

False....he'll be a WR in college. May play QB at Wayne though.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Major General

Perhaps Archie and Morgan Park alums Josh Cunningham and Kyle Davis can do a bit of recruiting on the freshly-decommitted-from-Memphis Charlie Moore? Don't need a PG in the 2016 class but for the top ranked recruit in the state of Illinois, I think a solid case can be made for making an exception.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...408-story.html
flyer016 (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Perhaps Archie and Morgan Park alums Josh Cunningham and Kyle Davis can do a bit of recruiting on the freshly-decommitted-from-Memphis Charlie Moore? Don't need a PG in the 2016 class but for the top ranked recruit in the state of Illinois, I think a solid case can be made for making an exception.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...408-story.html
Moore would be a dream addition to the program. He average 28 points and 7 assists a game this year against a very tough schedule.

No harm in throwing our hat in the ring, and I'm sure Archie is reaching out, but I have a hard time seeing him not go pretty big, especially with rosters spots materializing around the country as the transfer season opens up.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:20 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
He is likely going to Georgia Tech b
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
He is not coming to UD if it takes a promise from Archie that he will have the ball in his hands from day one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to IndianaFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Brigadier General

if any kid tells me how its going to be, i say sayonara. There isn't a point guard in the country i'd take over Dayshon "Scoochie" Smith. Sure its some homerism. But there's a little morsel of truth there also.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:36 PM

Landers with 13 for a loaded Ohio squad

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/ohio-all...kentucky-94-92
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-10-2016), Bonziflyer (04-10-2016), Dillomernda (04-11-2016), Flyer 86 (04-12-2016), FLYER5 (04-10-2016), LI Flyer (04-10-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-10-2016), Runnin' Rebel (04-10-2016), San Diego Flyer (04-10-2016), skip69 (04-24-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 08:58 AM

Frankie Hughes, former Flyer target, who decomitted from Louisville, committed to Missouri. He is joining teammate Willie Jackson to give Mizzou two of Ohio's best in the class of 2016.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...8cfb115c1.html
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-12-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 09:52 AM
General

...to join a team that can't get out of the basement of their conference. Enjoy your popcorn and pizza while you are watching the NCAA guys, because you won't be there.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:12 PM

Ohio State has now offered @IMGAcademy 2016 PG D'Mitrik Trice
Old 04-12-2016, 07:13 AM

Ohio State has now offered @IMGAcademy 2016 PG D'Mitrik Trice
In a 68-58 loss to Wayne in the Flyin' to the Hoop tourny, Trice scored 2 pts. I'd love to see his season stats but IGM doesn't post them, so this is the only game we can take anything from.

IMRO, his toughness is Big10 worthy...but that's about it. There's more to this story. Much more.

Here's an article I just found:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...ix_for_20.html

"D'Mitrik Trice is a three-star prospect, rated the No. 69 point guard in the country by 247Sports. Trice also has offers from Wisconsin, Akron, Cleveland State, Miami (Ohio), Toledo and DePaul, "

Last edited by rollo; 04-12-2016 at 07:30 AM..
Old 04-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Major General

In a 68-58 loss to Wayne in the Flyin' to the Hoop tourny, Trice scored 2 pts. I'd love to see his season stats but IGM doesn't post them, so this is the only game we can take anything from.

IMRO, his toughness is Big10 worthy...but that's about it. There's more to this story. Much more.

Here's an article I just found:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...ix_for_20.html

"D'Mitrik Trice is a three-star prospect, rated the No. 69 point guard in the country by 247Sports. Trice also has offers from Wisconsin, Akron, Cleveland State, Miami (Ohio), Toledo and DePaul, "
If it's a package deal, what is the package? Is his dad joining Matta's staff to replace Boals?
Old 04-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
if any kid tells me how its going to be, i say sayonara. There isn't a point guard in the country i'd take over Dayshon "Scoochie" Smith. Sure its some homerism. But there's a little morsel of truth there also.
Totally correct!
Archie: "Kid you're sure good...how much playing time do you want? But before you decide, let's get some input from your dad, too!"
Future point guard: "I'll get back to you on playing time, but dad stays out of the picture until tip off."
Old 04-12-2016, 12:39 PM

IMO, top programs have no problem recruiting a guy to be a practice player and injury replacement because they know they will transfer out within a couple of years if PT does not materialize. Guys like Trice and Wesson may sign on at OSU, just unlikely to spend 4 years there unless they ae willing to accept a bench role for most of that.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:03 PM
General of the Air Force

cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if Dayton University has a chance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The UOS.JPG (19.6 KB, 295 views)
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-12-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 01:15 PM

Don't think the Flyers are recruiting Trice, just found his situation interesting.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:20 PM
General of the Air Force

I was just picking up on the fact that he referred to THE OSU as the University of Ohio State.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:24 PM

precious...

Old 04-24-2016, 12:26 AM
Major General

D'mitrik Trice has committed to Wisconsin FWIW.
flyer016 (04-24-2016)