UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
Bonnies last year. 100% to make it. They did not. 2 others at 99%+...did not make it (St. Mary's & San Diego St).

2015 - Temple. 100%. Didn't make it. 2 others at 99%+ didn't make it. 2 others @100% were in first four - so not comfortably in.

So while you are asking others to provide facts, you might want to check yours...

Like I've said other places - I agree that we are in - but it's OK for people to doubt it. There is no need to publicly shame someone for thinking just maybe the committee will leave out a deserving non-power 5 school. I don't think it's as comfortable as some believe.
You are correct on dance card. How about this, no team has eve been top 25 oin dance card and 100% and not in (think actually all top 30 have made it). Dayton is 25. http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

If you ar going to be pendantic, 99.9% is not 100% .... St Bonnie's and Temple correct.

It is ok for people to doubt if they have any basis for it, but no one has posted any support that Dayton is anything but a lock.
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-11-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Bonnies last year. 100% to make it. They did not. 2 others at 99%+...did not make it (St. Mary's & San Diego St).

2015 - Temple. 100%. Didn't make it. 2 others at 99%+ didn't make it. 2 others @100% were in first four - so not comfortably in.

So while you are asking others to provide facts, you might want to check yours...

Like I've said other places - I agree that we are in - but it's OK for people to doubt it. There is no need to publicly shame someone for thinking just maybe the committee will leave out a deserving non-power 5 school. I don't think it's as comfortable as some believe.
Thank you for the #s to back me up. My posts had nothing to do with us NOT deserving to get in and everything to do with not trusting the committee. We are not P-5 we are not in the Big East.

When I see Syracuse listed as a Last 4 in I question the committee even more........
Old 03-11-2017, 10:58 AM

ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Thank you for the #s to back me up. My posts had nothing to do with us NOT deserving to get in and everything to do with not trusting the committee. We are not P-5 we are not in the Big East.

When I see Syracuse listed as a Last 4 in I question the committee even more........
The numbers do not back you up. No team top 30 dance card and 100% has been left out. Dayton is now 25. http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance

In fact only about 10 teams 30-40 have been left out in 16 years.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
The numbers do not back you up. No team top 30 dance card and 100% has been left out. Dayton is now 25. http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance

In fact only about 10 teams 30-40 have been left out in 16 years.
Well jeeeeeez I'm sorry Rachel. I forgot computers picked the bracket.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:07 AM

Dayton #25 Dance Card, #26 RPI, #29 KPI, BPI #37, kenpom #38, Massey #38, and #40 Sagarin. Median 37 and Mean 33 = 9 seed.

Lundari has Dayton a 9 seed and Palm an 8 seed this morning.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Captain

Dayton #25 Dance Card, #26 RPI, #29 KPI, BPI #37, kenpom #38, Massey #38, and #40 Sagarin. Median 37 and Mean 33 = 9 seed.

Lundari has Dayton a 9 seed and Palm an 8 seed this morning.
We all want the same thing buddy. We all want the same thing.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:14 AM

We all want the same thing buddy. We all want the same thing.
Just post even 1 FACT that the Committee uses to determine selections that indicates Dayton will not get in.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Captain

Just post even 1 FACT that the Committee uses to determine selections that indicates Dayton will not get in.
I cant because I do not know what the committee values the most. Who really does? All I know is that they will do anything in their power to get Power 5 and Big East teams in. Without a shadow of a doubt. Look at the Last 4 in and the Last 4 out. Notice anything about those schools? In particular the type of schools that make up the last 4 in and the type of schools that make up the last 4 out?

I am willing to bet that in 2015 you were one of the people on here talking about a 7, 8 or even 9 seed. We all know how that turned out.

This is a tiring debate. I voiced my concern on whether the committee will screw us over. Not whether we deserved to be in or not. How this continues to go in circles....IDK.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:17 PM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Heck with RI. I hope Davidson wins it all, which makes our loss look better, and gives the A10 three bids.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the fact that sticks in my mind. The committee has a history of favoring power 5 schools. I don't think anyone here argues that.

Related fact: we are not a power 5 school.

Every year a deserving non-power 5 school gets left out. Our resume should prevent that from being us. Heck - we could still be a 7. Doesn't mean people need to be called out for having some doubt.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:27 PM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 810 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't mean people need to be called out for having some doubt.
Nope, no reason to call people out. Even Chicken Little was entitled to his -- what do they call it? -- oh yeah, OPINION.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:31 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the fact that sticks in my mind. The committee has a history of favoring power 5 schools. I don't think anyone here argues that.

Every year a deserving non-power 5 school gets left out. Our resume should prevent that from being us. Heck - we could still be a 7. Doesn't mean people need to be called out for having some doubt.
That's not a fact that supports the proposition that the Flyers won't receive a bid. If it were no non P5 school would ever receive an at large birth.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
That's not a fact that supports the proposition that the Flyers won't receive a bid. If it were no non P5 school would ever receive an at large birth.
So are you going on record saying that the committee looks at power 5 and non-power 5 as equals?

You took my comment about "favoring" and turned it into an all or nothing. Not sure why you would jump straight to that.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:40 PM
General of the Air Force

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
So are you going on record saying that the committee looks at power 5 and non-power 5 as equals?

You took my comment about "favoring" and turned it into an all or nothing. Not sure why you would jump straight to that.
When you say "favor", do you mean that the committee doesn't care about a team's resume and simply picks one team over another because one is in a P5 conference? If so, you are simply incorrect. P5 teams have a built in advantage because they play more games against higher rated teams. That's not the committee "favoring" them.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 01:51 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
C'mon guys, the committee gives some favoritism to P5 schools, but not as blatant as some of you propose. The committee is made up of half non-P5 people. Someone like RI may have to worry about that stuff, but not us this year.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
When you say "favor", do you mean that the committee doesn't care about a team's resume and simply picks one team over another because one is in a P5 conference? If so, you are simply incorrect. P5 teams have a built in advantage because they play more games against higher rated teams. That's not the committee "favoring" them.
Last year - 100% of Power 5 schools in the top 54 RPI made the tournament. There were EIGHT teams higher than 54 from non-power 5 conferences that DID NOT make the tournament.

I can't believe this is even a discussion.

I'm not saying you can't get in from outside those conferences, but keep in mind over half of the committee comes from power 5 schools - and they look out for each other.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:37 PM

There is arguably a very slight bias for P5 schools according to dance card, KPI, kenpom, and other advanced metrics.

But the basis is actually not about P5 schools, it is mostly about the Committee's over-reliance on RPI top 50/100 wins and the fact that the Committee does not focus enough on location of those games. P5 schools play a ton of home games versus other top 50/100 wins which massively favors P5 schools. There have been years where this has actually helped non-P5 schools, like Dayton in 2014 who played a ton of top 50/100 games at home as the A-10 was very good that year.

So I would disagree again with the statement P5 schools are materially favored.

I clearly am all for calling people out for baseless claims with no evidence or facts or support. We as a society too easily accept falsehoods, baseless claims, lies, etc.

When Dayton gets an 8 or 9 seed, I hope the madness stops, 90% chance Dayton is a 8 or 9. 9% a 7 or 10. 1% a 6 or 11 seed. 0% they do not get in.

Again, show some facts Dayton will not get in (past committee evidence, new advanced metrics, or whatever) or put your money where your mouth is. I am offering now 25:1 odds with a minimum $100 wager (so paying $2500) that Dayton will NOT make the Tourney. The $100 will be donated to the Archie Miller compensation fund. Taking any and all wagers over $100, but I have no takers.
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
roamp (03-12-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 02:42 PM

Last year - 100% of Power 5 schools in the top 54 RPI made the tournament. There were EIGHT teams higher than 54 from non-power 5 conferences that DID NOT make the tournament.

I can't believe this is even a discussion.

I'm not saying you can't get in from outside those conferences, but keep in mind over half of the committee comes from power 5 schools - and they look out for each other.
The Committee consistently has NOT used absolute RPI as a primary factor, it is important because how they categorize top 25/50/100 wins They focus way too much on the absolute number of top 100 RPI wins, particularly top 25/50 wins irregardless of location. They do not focus enough on win% in those top 25/50/100 games.

This generally benefits the P5 schools, but also has helped the A-10 schools in 2014 where the league got 6 bids. If used objective advanced metrics, would have only gotten 2, VCU and St. Louis. But A-10 loaded up on home in-conference top 50 wins.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
CoffeeCan (03-11-2017), roamp (03-12-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
I think we all really need to root for VCU to win the A 10 tourney. I find it hard to believe that the committee will take three A-10 teams. If anyone but VCU wins the conference tourney we would probably be the odd team out behind VCU and the conference tourney champions auto bid.
This post alone tells you really are misunderstood or misinformed entirely on the selection process.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
I cant because I do not know what the committee values the most. Who really does? All I know is that they will do anything in their power to get Power 5 and Big East teams in. Without a shadow of a doubt. Look at the Last 4 in and the Last 4 out. Notice anything about those schools? In particular the type of schools that make up the last 4 in and the type of schools that make up the last 4 out?

I am willing to bet that in 2015 you were one of the people on here talking about a 7, 8 or even 9 seed. We all know how that turned out.

This is a tiring debate. I voiced my concern on whether the committee will screw us over. Not whether we deserved to be in or not. How this continues to go in circles....IDK.
You are so clueless it's not even funny. This team was a solid 9-10 the second the game was over yesterday. Would hate to be in a foxhole with you.
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 03:12 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by steve View Post
You are so clueless it's not even funny. This team was a solid 9-10 the second the game was over yesterday. Would hate to be in a foxhole with you.
You are right. Completely clueless.

Only one on the board that accurately predicted Cunninghams return date.

Went on record several times that XW should start in Mikesells place and why. Within a week it happens.

Everything I have posted on or predicted has been met with comments similar to yours. I guess the only problem was that in those instances I was completely right.

Why would we not want VCU to win the tournament? You would rather another team steal a bid? Every time that happens UD will slide back. Once again. 2015 people, 2015.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Captain

UD has more than a good enough resume to be in. I believe that they should be in. That they deserve to be in.

If any of you really think that the committee is going to give us the benefit of the doubt in any category at all than you are nuts. It's not just about the RPI and this and that and all the # blah blah blah blah.

It's the eye test, it's the what have you done for me lately? If you are really sitting there thinking the committee will be apathetic about our early season injuries, our record breaking senior class or our recent success in competing in the tournament..... Than you have lost you **** mind. They can spin our resume any way they want to for better or for worse. "Ohh they have a great RPI but they played bad and finished the season on a losing streak to 2 teams they had no business losing to". For every UD is so great argument there is a reason UD should not be in rebuttal.

The selection process is not the cookie cutter process that you may believe it is. It's a business, simple as that.

I reiterate I believe UD should be in, I want them to be in!!! I just don't trust the committee. Don't try to murder me for that ya **** liberals.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by steve View Post
I don't know anyone on here who is saying we are out - I think there are just some who aren't taking it for granted. They are acknowledging that strange things happen.

Nothing wrong with that. No need to call them clueless.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Captain

Off the topic. What is the highest seed UD has ever got as an at large team? I may be wrong but I think the only times we were seeded 8 or lower were in seasons we won the conference tournament. I dont think we have ever been seeded 8 or lower as an at large.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Captain

Lunardi said (15 minutes ago) that if VCU doesn't win the A-10 tournament
"...there will be trouble for the A-10 dance card."

Anyone else want to keep doubting me? They will not take 3 teams from the A-10. We need VCU to win the tourney.

Last edited by RamodWaleskowski; 03-11-2017 at 04:09 PM..
Old 03-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Off the topic. What is the highest seed UD has ever got as an at large team? I may be wrong but I think the only times we were seeded 8 or lower were in seasons we won the conference tournament. I dont think we have ever been seeded 8 or lower as an at large.
Last year 7 seed.

2003-4 - 4 seed, but won conf tourney.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:38 PM

Thanked 15,877 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Illinois is a bubble team and just fired Groce their coach. Will that be a factor when picking 11- or 12-seeds?
ruechalgrin (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by UD90 View Post
Last year 7 seed.

2003-4 - 4 seed, but won conf tourney.
Wow. How did I forget about that loss to St.Joes year in the semis. That changes everything lol.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Brigadier General

UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
If VCU loses - A10 gets 3 bids. In the history of the dance card the lowest miss was #32 Missouri State.

I'm done talking people of the ledge. Enjoy your anxiety.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (03-12-2017), rollo (03-11-2017), ruechalgrin (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Captain

If VCU loses - A10 gets 3 bids. In the history of the dance card the lowest miss was #32 Missouri State.

I'm done talking people of the ledge. Enjoy your anxiety.
Hey bud im good haha. Im kind of psyching myself out in case of the worst. Also, I really did forget we lost in the semis last year for some reason I thought we won the A-10 tourney. Like I said, that changes everything lol.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:04 PM

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Probably already posted, but it looks like URI punched their ticket with yesterday's win over SBU...URI moved up to #40 on the Dance Card...and then URI beat Davidson today too. I would be very surprised if URI did not get selected.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:07 PM

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Illinois is a bubble team and just fired Groce their coach. Will that be a factor when picking 11- or 12-seeds?
What if Illinois get selected?...firing seems very premature. They were firing him regardless of what happens tomorrow?
Old 03-12-2017, 04:55 AM
Brigadier General

SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
What if Illinois get selected?...firing seems very premature. They were firing him regardless of what happens tomorrow?
Illinois not getting in.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Brigadier General

3/11 NCAA Nitty Gritty Report & Dance Card

Nitty Gritty:

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi...y%20Gritty.pdf

Dance Card: 23

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

Last edited by UD90; 03-12-2017 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: Fixed dance card link
Old 03-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Brigadier General

3 predictions:

1. Dayton is a 7 or 8 seed. 6 still possible based on dance card.
2. A10 gets 3 bids even if VCU wins.
3. Snubs: Probably none. Dance card hits 100%, but Syracuse and BYU potential pull forwards in exchange for one of the following four:
Rhode Island
Xavier
Providence
Marquette
Old 03-12-2017, 10:32 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
repeat from bubble watch thread

Regarding teams considered locks....remember the committee has the key and can unlock any team they wish to put another team in. That's how UCLA got in, committee wanted them in.

Every year someone gets left out that the pundits factored in and someone gets in that has the pundits scratching their heads.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:51 AM
General of the Air Force

Interesting that Lunardi only has two teams listed today in his first out category, Illinois st and USC. Apparently he thinks the bubble is very small.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:01 AM

Lot of questions, and I am sure post selection controversy, as to who gets #1 seeds. Nova is the only sure thing. Will it be Kansas, KY, Zaga, AZ, NC or Duke? Money says Zaga gets screwed on the "eye test", but they beat AZ and FL earlier in the year. Probably no chance for Louisville or Baylor.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Lot of questions, and I am sure post selection controversy, as to who gets #1 seeds. Nova is the only sure thing. Will it be Kansas, KY, Zaga, AZ, NC or Duke?
Duke is such a strange case; I think where they land is very interesting. On one hand, they've been kind of dysfunctional at times this season and finished tied for fifth in the ACC (three games out of first) and suffered some odd defeats. On the other hand, they have gaudy RPI numbers (#6 in UD Pride's RPI, 8-4 v. top 25, 12-6 v. top 50 with #6 strength of schedule) and are "gaining steam" by going 9-3 in their last 12 including four straight to win their tournament.

If they get a #1 seed, I wonder if their eight losses would be the most ever for a #1 seed.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:41 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Interesting that Lunardi's Last 4 in are all Big East teams. More importantly, if he is right and X is currently the last of the byes, that would mean if Rhody hangs on to beat VCU then X slips to a First Four game in Dayton. Wouldn't that be a pity? Hee hee.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Brigadier General

March 2nd (After the A10 championship - VCU game) - we were the 21st sheet in the NCAA Team sheet files.

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi...m%20Sheets.pdf

March 11th - yesterday - we were the 28th sheet in the NCAA Team sheet files.

Villanova is the first team in each of these files. I will go out on a limb and assume these are sorted by seed. If so - we went from a low 6 seed on March 1st to a high 7 seed yesterday.

I found these on the NCAA site when I was looking at nitty gritty sheets.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by redbengal View Post
Interesting that Lunardi's Last 4 in are all Big East teams. More importantly, if he is right and X is currently the last of the byes, that would mean if Rhody hangs on to beat VCU then X slips to a First Four game in Dayton. Wouldn't that be a pity? Hee hee.
Unless they get bumped for Syracuse.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:10 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
March 2nd (After the A10 championship - VCU game) - we were the 21st sheet in the NCAA Team sheet files.

March 11th - yesterday - we were the 28th sheet in the NCAA Team sheet files.

Villanova is the first team in each of these files. I will go out on a limb and assume these are sorted by seed. If so - we went from a low 6 seed on March 1st to a high 7 seed yesterday.

I found these on the NCAA site when I was looking at nitty gritty sheets.
They are sorted by RPI
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD90 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
They are sorted by RPI
Thanks. I didn't catch that.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:22 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if the bracket will be released on twitter early this year like last year
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-12-2017), SeasonTicketFan (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
Poor SMU: how will they be able to adequately prepare for their first game when they don't know if they'll be playing Providence or USC?!?
Old 03-12-2017, 05:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,995 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
1 First Four matchup: Providence vs. Southern Cal. Wonder what Cooley thinks about coming back to Ohio for an NCAA game?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 05:45 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Sparty a #9 Seed?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Colonel

Maybe I'm being naive, but (6) Creighton seems like a winnable game for (11) Rhode Island depending on which URI walks into the gym.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-12-2017), CE80 (03-12-2017), CT Flyer (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 05:49 PM

Thanked 1,303 Times in 675 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Rhody an 11 seed against Creighton
Old 03-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Captain

Hobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of light
Rhody at 11 no play in. That means we are guaranteed a 10, 9, or 8, right?
Old 03-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Brigadier General

So far, the committee has not given much value to the conference tournaments, and teams that made big runs this week.

We might yet steal a 7 seed.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
1 First Four matchup: Providence vs. Southern Cal. Wonder what Cooley thinks about coming back to Ohio for an NCAA game?
This is USC's second trip to the First Four, isn't it? Too bad they don't roll as deep with the Song Girls as the football team...
Old 03-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Major

VirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to behold
Rhody an 11?????? Wow. Should be higher
Old 03-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
The Elder Swampette is watching Selection Sunday in the Pitt airport with URI. They let out a big cheer when they saw where they were going
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 05:55 PM
General of the Air Force

The real question: which service(s) had Sparty rated 33-36 and Rhody rated 41-44?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Wichita State. Surprised.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Colonel

#7 v. #10 Wichita State. Yikes.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Captain

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
That's a shock, no pun intended
Captain

The south region is loaded!!!!
Old 03-12-2017, 05:58 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
They do this crap every year. Have two non P5/BE teams play in the first round to limit how many smaller schools can get through.
Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Close-by in Indy agains Marshall's Shockers. Wow, great matchup. I don't know much about them. Kellogg just picked us.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,558 Times in 3,703 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
No Shock at all, NCAA does not want the little guys knocking off the big guys in round #1
Old 03-12-2017, 06:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Special K likes the Flyers over the Shockers! Thank you, Clark Kellogg!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 06:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
So far, the committee has not given much value to the conference tournaments, and teams that made big runs this week.

We might yet steal a 7 seed.
Because, as many have stated, the conference tourney is only a couple games in a 32 game season. It just doesn't move the needle much.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
udx2 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 06:01 PM

udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Interesting comment: "I wouldn't concede this game to Wichita State." Wichita State is a 10 seed and Dayton is a 7 seed.
Mad Props to udx2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Total BS to play Wichita St. I'd rather have Rhode Island's bracket.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Kind of depressing thinking of where we could have been seeded if we won a game or two or three in the A10 tournament
Old 03-12-2017, 06:02 PM
General of the Air Force

Games at Lucas Oil Stadium or Bankers Life Fieldhouse?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 06:03 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Who cares who we play or where we play. Take care of business.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Flyer Al View Post
They do this crap every year. Have two non P5/BE teams play in the first round to limit how many smaller schools can get through.
ESPN has a sports betting podcast called "Behind the Bets" hosted by Chad Millman. One of his regular college basketball guests is named Alan Boston. He talks about this every year: matching up the non power teams in first round match-ups, under-seeding non power teams, etc. Check out his Twitter feed right now (https://twitter.com/bostonred88). He's not impressed.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:05 PM
Colonel

ClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant future
As pointed out on another thread, Wichita State is ranked 8th by KenPom, but is a 10 seed in a four region tournament? They got hosed and so did we. The silver lining here is that the game is in Indianapolis, so the Flyers should be well-supported. But come on.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Tough matchup, but I see some silver linings:

- Game is in Indianapolis

- Wichita State has no Seniors who play any meaningful minutes, and their top two scorers are a Sophomore and Freshman. Dayton is a much more experienced team.

- You know Archie is going to be amped up for this one considering that apparently Wichita State thinks they are too good for a home/home with Dayton. Time to show the Shockers who's boss...
Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Captain

I can see every 12 seed winning in the first round.
Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
Whacker (03-12-2017)
Captain

Kevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud of
How long until we find out what session we're playing in?
Posted via Mobile Device
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Vandy a 9, wow
Old 03-12-2017, 06:07 PM
General

Feels like VCU will be a 10 in the west
Old 03-12-2017, 06:07 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by udx2 View Post
Interesting comment: "I wouldn't concede this game to Wichita State." Wichita State is a 10 seed and Dayton is a 7 seed.
The Shockers are media darlings. Not dissing Kellogg here. Just a fact: WSU gets media love.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 06:08 PM

Interesting that UD is a 7 seed, VCU is a 10 and URI is an 11.
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevinob15 View Post
How long until we find out what session we're playing in?
Posted via Mobile Device
possibly late tonight...likely tomorrow am
General

And there u go

SDS a 11 seed against Maryland., VCU a 10 against St. Mary's
Old 03-12-2017, 06:09 PM
General

Is x in the first four?
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
The Shockers are media darlings. Not dissing Kellogg here. Just a fact: WSU gets media love.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kellogg said he likes Dayton over Wichy St
Brigadier General

FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wichita State's best win is Illinois State...and Illinois State again. LOL. Next best win is Colorado State. They have no other Top 100 wins...
General

No x? Wow. No cuse?
Old 03-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Captain

Illinois State = screwed
General

Never mind I just x v mayland
Colonel

Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Is x in the first four?
No, they were the last team revealed. They play Maryland in the first round (#6 v. #11).
Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-12-2017)
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
_avier made it in
Captain

Originally Posted by Medford View Post
No x? Wow. No cuse?
X is an 11 seed they play Maryland.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Kellogg said he likes Dayton over Wichy St
I know. I think CK was addressing his comments to those in the media who love the Wichita State narrative and think the entire A-10 is second-rate.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Brigadier General

Illinois State = screwed

They have two Top 100 wins: Wichita State and New Mexico (# 86).
Old 03-12-2017, 06:14 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClevelandFlyer05 View Post
As pointed out on another thread, Wichita State is ranked 8th by KenPom, but is a 10 seed in a four region tournament? They got hosed and so did we. The silver lining here is that the game is in Indianapolis, so the Flyers should be well-supported. But come on.
still have never heard how good Ken Pom number are if all games played against lower competition

I guess we will see.

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Wichita State has HOT, HOT HOT cheerleaders. Pictures tomorrow...

ClevelandFlyer05 (03-12-2017)

Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly. Actually I like the fact that a non P5 team gets love. Sets this up for a nice win. Wouldn't mind being a media darling through the NCAAT.

Hope after we beat Wichita that the fairy tale name that begins with Cinder is not tagged to us.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:15 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
Wichita State's best win is Illinois State...and Illinois State again. LOL. Next best win is Colorado State. They have no other Top 100 wins...
Can't get cocky. We saw how that played out at GW and against Davidson.

Just. Win. Baby.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 06:16 PM

I think all 3 A10 teams have very winnable 1st round games.
FLYER5 (03-12-2017), Flyer69ers (03-12-2017), FlyerGuyer (03-12-2017), IAFlyer (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by NCkevi View Post
Kind of depressing thinking of where we could have been seeded if we won a game or two or three in the A10 tournament
Not really. The committee did not put much weight on the conference tourney results as a whole. Maybe we got as high as a 6.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-12-2017), UD90 (03-12-2017)