Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Trey Still Playing Football

The other day OhioCollegeFootball.com ran the story of Trey Fairchild, WR at Otterbein who is the D3football.com pre-season All-American. Sure would have been nice to see his name next to Taylor Harris in the UD pre-season hype.

Remember Trey? He's from Columbus area and after a year at Syracuse as a red shirt, he wanted to be closer to home. On 4/7/2009, UDBrian posted links to his You Tube highlights. Flyer3, his father, posted that he liked the UD campus visit & that Trey would be eligible immediately at UD. Detroit Flyer posted that there were so few WR on the recruit list, there would be plenty of room at UD. They also visited Miami but on 6/1/2009, Smitch425 posts thatTrey will go to Eastern Kentucky, with a full scholarship. At the time it was a matter of money.

Lost track of Trey until 10/30/2011 when I posted that he was on the tape delay of the Mount Union game against Otterbein. Yes, Trey was staring in Div.iii at a school very close to home.

In fact for 2011, he had 66 catches for 1133 yards & 9 TD at Otterbein. Since 2009, our best receivers stats were 927 yds on 47 catches, 777 on 48 & last year, 552 on 43.

Remember 2008 when Valentino was catching passes, running punts & KO's? He had 1466 All-Purpose yards! Last year Trey did the same & ended up with 2138 All-Purpose!!!

We hope for the best for Trey in 2012. In a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" scenario, we wish a UD career & education had happened.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
DetroitFlyer (08-03-2012), Flyer3 (08-04-2012)
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Just off the Jet

Flyer3 is on a distinguished road
Flyer Gramps, I just happen to look on here and see your post, thank you for the kind words..We have gone back and forth over the years about Trey's decision. Comparing him to SV is quite a compliment. At EKU he broke his foot, got strep, tore a hamstring and then tore his labrum. He almost gave up football completely and just came home. Decided to play for fun at my alma mater Otterbein. Has had a couple of good years and has been lucky enough to have 4 NFL scouts out to see him, talk to him and watch film. They feel he as a good shot if he can stay healthy. They feel his 4.4 speed and strength (18 reps and 225) could allow him to compete, but it is in God's hand.

I hope Steve V is doing well, he had a phenominal career !!

I hope all is well with the Flyers and your family....We still look fondly upon UD. What a phenominal school and football program.

Last edited by Flyer3; 08-03-2012 at 11:12 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (08-04-2012), PittsburghFlyer (08-04-2012), ud69 (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Hello Again Flyer3

Hi Dad!

Now we know the answer to our Otterbein question!!!... My "kid" wouldn't go to B-W for me!!!

That's quite a list of EKU malady's! SV had his tonsils out before freshman camp & was much healthier for it. Then after his soph year when they tightened his shoulder tendons, they put two screws into a partial labrum tear. Sounds like these two receivers have a lot in common.

Again, my best to Trey & you. Don't hold your breath on the NFL even with 4.4 or how about 3.92 shuttle time - very hard if you don't fill their minimum size. Good news is no Owner's Lockout this year so coaches have time to look. The 2010 kids got a "Royal Supreme Multimillion Stick-it Buddy No Time And Inch&Quarter Too Short NFL Screw" last year.

As far as SV, just read the Calanda Bronco thread. A total of 3 Flyers (and a 4th one dressed a single game) from 2010 played in Europe this spring!

Last edited by Flyer Gramps; 08-04-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Just off the Jet

Good stuff to hear on SV and I am going to check him out on the site...They actually liked his size..5'11" 203 lbs...measured his hand size, wing span, gluts, looked at hammies and quad symmetry...UNBLEIVABLE they look at EVERYTHING....

Wewere intorduced to a former NFL scout (personal scout for the Rooney's at Pittburgh and was at the NFL combine with the Lions this year) and Trey worked out with him this summer and he is finishing his scouting report to send to all 32 teams. He got 3 kids into camps last year (Joe Horn from Ashland) that no one had interest in. His initial evaluation on Trey was camp invite and NFL return guy and back up slot WR..but he said if you are not ALL IN, it will never happen. You are inventory and you have to accept that.

If SV is interested in getting in touch with him I will give you his information. Last year completely screwed almost every potential rookie free agent
Old 08-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Just off the Jet

3.92 shuttle is INSANE !!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Just off the Jet

Just watched his highlights on HUDL...he still has it !!!! SV that is...
Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Colonel

Correction! Correction!

Originally Posted by Flyer3 View Post
3.92 shuttle is INSANE !!!!!!!!
You are probably correct. So I checked my olde memory. It was only 3.98.

BTW, he scored on the fumble-rooskie play; the Swiss edition. Had to take it off the highlights because of Euro Bowl scouts. Will try to retrieve it. Was funny!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Just off the Jet

oh, only 3.98 hahaha....still insane !!!!!

I would love to see that play
Old 08-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Just off the Jet

http://otterbeincardinals.com/news/2...808122332.aspx

OAC MEDIA, for you Gramps...