Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Captain

PIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura about
USD Gametime

Good to see the USD game is scheduled for 12 noon Eastern. It can't hurt to have those SOCAL boys play a game at 9:00 a.m. there time. I know we have tried to schedule them for night games in the past to help with attendance but I always thought that made it easier on them. The only thing better would be to play them at noon on a Saturday in November when they also have to deal with the cold and the wind!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PIONEER 8 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (08-08-2017), jaburr91 (08-09-2017), PittsburghFlyer (08-08-2017)
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PIONEER 8 View Post
Good to see the USD game is scheduled for 12 noon Eastern. It can't hurt to have those SOCAL boys play a game at 9:00 a.m. there time. I know we have tried to schedule them for night games in the past to help with attendance but I always thought that made it easier on them. The only thing better would be to play them at noon on a Saturday in November when they also have to deal with the cold and the wind!
Yes, we've tried for some night games but two issues are always in the way. The PFL does not want another day of expense for the traveling team & the loss of Sunday time for the athlete. The stadium is used by it's owners for it's schools on Saturday nights most of the time.

A schedule with Central State for instance overcomes the first issue because they are close by (no overnight cost) and they seem to get the attention of the local School Board very well.