UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-31-2017, 02:53 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Jamie Update

I listened to her being interviewed a couple weeks ago by the Australian sports radio station that follows the team. Here is what she said about her injury and recovery:

1. She tore her Labrum playing this summer. See link below for that injury info.
2. She had surgery at the beginning of the season.
3. Therapy will dictate the timeline back, but she is targeting returning to play for the spring season.

I think its good news it wasn't rotary cuff and that she could be back on the court this spring. She also said she is excited that she gets to spend another year with the program.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00426
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (11-01-2017), Glen Clark (11-07-2017), jack72 (10-31-2017)
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2018, 03:11 PM
Captain

UDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the rough
Jamie update request

I am summer lazy so didn't start a new tread.

Will we see the same high quality Jamie right from the season start or at all during the season?

If she is the old Jamie health wise, she may be the best offensive player on the team due to her skill and height. If she plays right side, then Lauren may benefit as well.

I fear this may be only an average year for Dayton basketball, both men and women, so this could be our only NCAA team for 2018-2019 (but hope I am wrong).
Old 07-14-2018, 09:10 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I haven’t heard anything about her recovery other than her own words from the interview link posted above and that was months ago. We know she played during spring but the only home match was a closed scrimmage and I don’t know anyone who traveled to see a spring match. So we don’t know how much or at what level she played. It will be a hot topic when the Red-Blue scrimmage rolls around in August.

One thing that did surprise me is we didn’t see anyone transfer out during the summer. We have a large team and numbers at each position don’t favor some players. I believe this is going to be the first year of a great run for UD Volleyball. Players from two ranked recruiting classes will play together for the next two to three years. Injuries can certainly derail expectations, but it’s a lot of fun to be part of a ranked team working to get to the Sweet 16, even if you’re in a support role.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:52 PM
Captain

UDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the rough
Bad news

If David Jablonski's report recently is true that "Jamie ..will sit out the season for personal reasons" and this is what the future holds, then I regard this as very bad news.

I expected her to be ok and probably the best OH (I define as front row)
on the team for this season. Just like last season, it will put added pressure on Lauren Bruns as opposing defenses worry less about the RS and key on her.

This team will be good, perhaps very good, but right now it feels like great is no longer possible.

Hope the " personal situation" gets resolved for Jamie and she get to play matches for Dayton Volleyball again sometime in the future
Old 08-16-2018, 02:49 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Her condition is not uncommon of women in her age range and definitely temporary.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:11 PM
Captain

Jamie - Rollo comment

Rollo - based upon your response (post # 5) should I amend my comment
from "... then I regard this as very bad news."

to "...then I regard this as very bad news for the 2018 season team." ?