UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2013 Match Threads

2013 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
LaSalle #2 Thread

Team did exactly what they needed to do - sweep LaSalle in a dominate fashion. It was good to see. I thought Jenna played well. Her set locations were good last night. The last couple weeks I have thought they were a little off. It happens -- like a basketball shooter going through a slump. Or for all we know she might have had a cold or a slight injury, etc. But last night she was placing the ball well. This team needs her to play well to make a run in the conference tournament, so this was good to see.

Also, welcome back Alaina Turner! She played all 6 rotations last night and finished 2nd in digs -- which this team has been missing. She also had a great all-around game. Hit well. Served well. Dug well. Blocked well.

On to next weekend against Geo Mason on Friday and Geo Washington on Sunday. Sunday is Senior Day for Megan Campbell, Shayne Brown and Ally Morey, so go honor this Senior class is you can. Great group of young ladies.
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Felt a little sorry for LaSalle, they are a very young team that looked shorthanded. Turner played super, she looked fully healed. Hoping Jones gets back in action next weekend. Like to send the seniors off in style!!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:31 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad that my pessimistic outlook for Alaina was incorrect! I didn't go last night. I expected it to be a blowout and if it wasn't I didn't want to see the team struggle.

They started building some momentum for the tournament, next week is very important