UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Soccer

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
NCAA

Looks like Oakland and then Ohio State. Great draw.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (11-16-2015)
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2015, 01:34 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Oakland at Baujan Thursday. Winner gets tosu. Love the draw.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:15 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Looks like Oakland and then Ohio State. Great draw.
Why do you say that? Lost to Oakland 0-2 earlier. What has changed? I am serious. I have not watched this year. Only have seen the scoreboard.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:59 PM

Thanked 17,096 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
A tough draw with two teams we lost to this year, but I like the geography and fact we get a home game. UD has gotten better over the course of the season. That said, Im sure Oakland and OSU have as well.

Should be a close game on Thursday.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 11-16-2015, 03:11 PM

ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Why do you say that? Lost to Oakland 0-2 earlier. What has changed? I am serious. I have not watched this year. Only have seen the scoreboard.
IMHOP -

Biggest change was Bojang moving into the middle. He has brought a toughness and attitude (plus 5 yellow cards ) to that position. His laser shot yesterday for the first goal was down right wicked. This has allowed Amankona to move forward into a bit more offensive position for both scoring and distributing. At his size he needs a bit of space to be most effective - and he certainly has been that. Also, Sendin and Long have moved into the left and right fullback positions strengthening that area. Nino has also been starting. That is 4 faces that were not starting earlier in the year. Hagenkord, Keene, Amankwaah, Nwabia - all are now coming off the bench. They saw few minutes earlier in the year.

I know Oakland and tosu were the only teams to hold us scoreless this year. However, I feel this squad as we now play can score - we lead the country in scoring. Also, we did outshoot tosu.

Soccer is a flukey game and it only takes one mistake to lose a match. Beating Oakland is not a given. Still, I like our draw. More importantly, I like how we are now playing.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-16-2015), Chris R (11-16-2015), Glen Clark (11-18-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
A tough draw with two teams we lost to this year, but I like the geography and fact we get a home game. UD has gotten better over the course of the season. That said, Im sure Oakland and OSU have as well.

Should be a close game on Thursday.
Oakland beats WSU 1-0 to get in and we beat VCU 4-1 after a tough loss to VCU last week on our home turf! (SHOULDA' WOULDA' COULDA')

I like our chances at home at this point in the season. WSU started off like gangbusters but played very average most of the season despite lighting it up the last weekend.

Again, I think we get this done at home!
Old 11-17-2015, 12:19 AM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post

I know Oakland and tosu were the only teams to hold us scoreless this year. However, I feel this squad as we now play can score - we lead the country in scoring. Also, we did outshoot tosu.
We outshot Oakland first time around as well. Also 5 corners to their 4. Problem with the OSU stat is even though we outshot them 17-12 we only put 2 on frame.

Our passing in the 1st half of the QF match with Duquesne was crisp. Lots of one touch action and great job spreading the field. Play like that against Oakland and we are right there.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-17-2015), ud69 (11-17-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 10:25 AM
Captain

oRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant future
obviously the Flyers are a very offensive minded squad (lead USA in scoring) and they have explosive nights but these upcoming contest should be very closely played and my 3 looks at the Flyers this year is we can be careless with the ball at midfield. It would really be a nice boost for the program to get a couple of NCAA wins. I haven't seen Oakland in person but I saw Ohio State in person and they are certainly beatable.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to oRed For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (11-17-2015), jack72 (11-17-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Captain

oRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant future
is it a safe assumption these games will be nationally televised?
Old 11-18-2015, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by oRed View Post
is it a safe assumption these games will be nationally televised?
currently showing as free streaming

http://www.atlantic10.com//mediaPort...b_oem_id=31600
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (11-18-2015)