UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Womens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-11-2015, 06:57 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
2020 recruit - Maddie Westbeld

If Jabir has a free T or TH night, he needs to get over to Kettering Middle School and watch the girls 8th grade team....well, not the team but their star player, Maddie Westbeld (sister will be a VB player at UD next season).

In an emergency I was asked to officiate them last night and glad I accepted. Maddie made the trip worth the time.

She's 6'1" point forward. She dribble left, right, forward, backward, between the legs...you name it. Shoots 3s, makes free throws and while she could have scored 30 with little effort, she probably ended with 14 or 16 because she constantly looks to feed open teammates.

She's going to be a star. Remember her name. And start recruiting her now.
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-11-2015), College B-Ball Fan (12-11-2015), Figgie123 (12-11-2015), jack72 (12-11-2015), UDBrian (12-11-2015)
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
If Jabir has a free T or TH night, he needs to get over to Kettering Middle School and watch the girls 8th grade team....well, not the team but their star player, Maddie Westbeld (sister will be a VB player at UD next season).

In an emergency I was asked to officiate them last night and glad I accepted. Maddie made the trip worth the time.

She's 6'1" point forward. She dribble left, right, forward, backward, between the legs...you name it. Shoots 3s, makes free throws and while she could have scored 30 with little effort, she probably ended with 14 or 16 because she constantly looks to feed open teammates.

She's going to be a star. Remember her name. And start recruiting her now.
Rollo, I'm hearing the same thing about a point guard playing on the Springboro 8th grade boys team!

Needless to say with a last name like Westbeld, the path so to speak has been cleared for her.......

I would bet the JJ knows about her already but either way it'll be fun to watch as we try to convince her to come to UD!
Old 12-11-2015, 08:22 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by College B-Ball Fan View Post
Rollo, I'm hearing the same thing about a point guard playing on the Springboro 8th grade boys team!
It just so happens I'm doing a boys Jr High double header in January at S'boro. Will have a full report after the games.
Figgie123 (12-11-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Colonel

Falcon7 is on a distinguished road
Her cousin Kathryn 6'2 plays for Notre Dame, a Soph.
She was also very tall and skilled as a middle school player. She also had a 6'2 running mate who plays for OSU
now.

Last edited by Falcon7; 12-11-2015 at 06:29 PM..
Mad Props to Falcon7 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (12-12-2015)
Old 01-05-2016, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by College B-Ball Fan View Post

It just so happens I'm doing a boys Jr High double header in January at S'boro. Will have a full report after the games.

Did the double header last night and there's not a kid in either grade capable of playing D3 basketball. The 5'7" point guard you're hearing about scored 0.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:33 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Did the double header last night and there's not a kid in either grade capable of playing D3 basketball. The 5'7" point guard you're hearing about scored 0.
Heard they were intimidated by your highness massiveness
Old 02-12-2018, 08:16 AM

Westbeld is a sophomore at Fairmont now and averaging 11 pts and 11 rbs per game. On Saturday vs Beavercreek (a local powerhouse) she scored 15 pts and had a whopping 28 rebounds. I've reffed her games and she is a keeper. And, unlike many other parents I see weekly, hers are well grounded and are raising a team first student-athlete.

I hope UD is at every one of her games because she is the real deal. But Westbeld's bloodlines are deep in the recruiting world and without a doubt much bigger schools are also staying in close contact with her.

http://www.gwocsports.com/bkPlayerSt...?player=443205
Bob G (02-12-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-12-2018), jack72 (02-12-2018), WBB Fan (02-12-2018)