UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-23-2018, 01:39 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,363 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
2018-19 Rule Changes

Biggest change is intermission has been cut from 10 minutes to a maximum of 5 minutes which means you could go with no intermission at all I guess if both coaches agree to it. I doubt teams will go to the locker room for intermission anymore.

Other changes have to do with the Challenge review rules. I’m not sure if UD played any matches last year with a review system in play???

They combined the in/out challenge with the touch challenge. Apparently if a coach asked for an in/out review and the ref did not over turn the call on the court for in/out, but saw a touch that would overturn the point on the same play, the ref could not rule on the touch because it technically wasn’t under review, and therefore could not overturn the point. Now they can because it’s combined.

Also added an attack-line challenge option if a coach believes a player foot attacking from the backrow was on the 3-meter line.

And if a match goes to 5 sets, coaches get an additional challenge in the 5 th set. They continue to also have available any challenges they did not use in the first 4 sets.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (02-23-2018)
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2018, 02:47 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Dayton did not have video review at their home matches last fall. They need to have it. The entire A-10 should do it, but I doubt that happens. As we have experienced this year, the A-10 already has trouble with video replay ability for men's basketball. Can't claim big time program anymore without video replay for volleyball.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,363 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
It’s part of the NCAAs now if I remember right, but maybe not the first weekend. All Big10 schools have it and probably other conferences so we will probably have more and more matches with it sooner rather than later even if we don’t have a system. I remember we had it at away match last year or the year before.