User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,523 Times in 771 Posts
Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
Kari Daugherty update

Ashland University is 6-1 and Kari is averaging a shade over 20 ppg - twice she has games of 28 to go along with games of 25, 24, 22 and 9. I hope she is happy there off the court as well.

Last edited by Barney Sentner; 12-04-2011 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: record update
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2011, 11:53 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
This akin to Missy Greg going to Dll school and setting all sorts of records.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,114 Posts
jaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant future
Kari Daugherty Pickens named head coach at Ashland.

http://goashlandeagles.com/sports/wb...20180403i84roj
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jaburr91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Columbia Blue (04-10-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-06-2018), ud69 (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 11:18 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaburr91 View Post
Kari Daugherty Pickens named head coach at Ashland.

http://goashlandeagles.com/sports/wb...20180403i84roj

She has enormous shoes to fill. The previous Ashland coach - Robyn Fralick - just accepted the coaching job at BGSU. Fralick had a record of 104-3 at Ashland with a national title and a national runnerup.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Kari is only 27 (10/27/90), otherwise the hiring makes complete sense.

Coach Fralick is also young (Davidson '04). Kari grew up with parents as coaches, was an assistant 5 years and associate for one. I wish her well. Maybe she'll come back to Dayton some day!

Ashland is 64mi, 1:26 NW of Fresno where they grew up.

2017 story about Kari coaching her sister, Andi:
http://www.richlandsource.com/sports...8cfbeb85b.html
Mad Props to Columbia Blue For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Brigadier General

jaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant future
As an assistant coach, Pickens was named WBCA NCAA Division II Assistant Coach of the Year in 2016-17.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index...all_can_1.html

"I made it clear I wanted the job if Robyn left," said Pickens.

Pickens made a long, in-depth presentation to King about why she should be head coach.

Last edited by jaburr91; 04-10-2018 at 04:50 PM..
Old 04-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Columbia Blue View Post
Maybe she'll come back to Dayton some day!

Maybe...but maybe not:

She talks about developing the young women as people. Like Ramsey and Fralick, her program stresses faith. Pickens said she "takes the Sabbath off -- no Sunday practices, I don't even watch film."
Old 04-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Columbia Blue View Post
Maybe she'll come back to Dayton some day!
I would not hold my breath. From this article I sense that she felt Dayton was not a good fit for her. That is not a criticism - as we all make our own choices in life.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ands-daugherty
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But why did Daugherty decide to leave the Division I Dayton team, and transfer to Ashland? She had success at Dayton, being named to the All-Atlantic 10 Rookie Team her freshman season. Her sophomore year, Daugherty was elected to the CoSIDA Second Team Academic All-District. In addition, Daugherty's older sister, Kristin, had been a teammate. She finished her career as Dayton's fifth all-time leading scor.
"I picked the University of Dayton because of my sister," Kari Daugherty said. "She graduated after my sophomore year, and I had a hard time. I got homesick a lot. I also had grown in my faith, and I felt isolated. I wanted a place where I could grow in my faith, and a place that was closer to home [ an hour away]. Being able to watch my two little siblings grow up meant a lot to me. Ashland was the perfect fit, just the way coach [Sue] Ramsey runs her program. God aligned things up pretty nicely."
Old 04-10-2018, 06:28 PM
General of the Air Force

Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
This was not a surprise back then. She was her sisters shadow and just followed to to Dayton. Some are more attached to home than others.

While she wants to help others grow up mature etc kinda hard to get that msg out when you can't leave home area and are attached to mom's apron strings. But for some that may be what they need.

Her older sister wanted to expand her horizons.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:52 PM
General of the Air Force

A positive for Ashland is Kari is a homebody and should she do well could be there coach for a long time.