Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-04-2017, 09:18 AM
Major

Go-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Sight Lines

I would guess that this has been a topic, but a quick search did not bring it up, so...

The sight lines for watching volleyball at the Frericks center stink! The video scoreboards block some of the best seats in the house. For many seats they block the view of the ball high over the court. For upper seats they block the court itself. Please put them to the sides and regain the best in the gallery seats.

On a smaller note, the The sign boards that ring the floor that say "Dayton Volleyball" block the view of the near court side line from the first two rows of the gallery. Also a bad design.

If they are going to boast of our great volleyball only facility, they should try to watch a game from there first. Please fix the problems UD.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Go-UD-Go For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-04-2017), jack72 (09-04-2017)
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
This is the first I've heard this problem since they remodeled with the financial gift from the Hausfeld family. I'm sure UD would want to know of the viewing problems. I'd send an email to an athletic director and invite them to meet you at the next match to experience the problem first hand.

Originally Posted by Go-UD-Go View Post
I would guess that this has been a topic, but a quick search did not bring it up, so...

The sight lines for watching volleyball at the Frericks center stink! The video scoreboards block some of the best seats in the house. For many seats they block the view of the ball high over the court. For upper seats they block the court itself. Please put them to the sides and regain the best in the gallery seats.

On a smaller note, the The sign boards that ring the floor that say "Dayton Volleyball" block the view of the near court side line from the first two rows of the gallery. Also a bad design.

If they are going to boast of our great volleyball only facility, they should try to watch a game from there first. Please fix the problems UD.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Major

Go-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to behold
They really don't need me to be there to experience it for themselves. It is there to see if they would just go look, no game necessary. Their office is right in the building.

Becky, have you never tried to watch a game from the gallery?
Old 09-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I live several states away, but the times I have been to Frerricks I've always watched matches from the floor seat.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (09-11-2017)