UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > STEVEN E. YUHAS MEMORIAL LOUNGE > Off-Topic Gibberish

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-03-2020, 12:56 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
As far as doing something when a "younger " president is in office, is Ms. Harris young enough?

If Ms. Harris is chosen, the Trump campaign could just play this clip on continuous loop:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (07-22-2020)
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2020, 09:27 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 7,355 Times in 4,178 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Doug Schoen, Democrat pollster, this morning saying the race is very close. He says the polls are a bit distorted because they only qualify the polled person by if they are registered, not if they are likely to vote. He sees a Biden win on total popular vote and a very close nod to Biden on the electoral vote, but still too early to call either way.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:33 AM

Thanked 7,172 Times in 3,454 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute

Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (07-22-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 08:29 AM

Thanked 4,092 Times in 2,715 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Dems talking about getting rid of the legislative filibuster if Biden wins, and they take the Senate. A simple majority would only be needed to pass legislation going forward. That would be a huge development. Be careful what you wish for I guess if you are a Dem, Obamacare would have been repealed by Trump and the GOP under that scenario.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...with-democrats
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Really. That would come back to hit the Dems in the ass. Reminds me of gerrymandering. Someone started that nonsense and now the minority side complains it is a problem.
Tucker speculates that if Biden wins and the Senate flips, then the Dems will get rid of the filibuster, make DC a state in order to pack the Senate, expand and pack the Supreme Court, and grant amnesty to all current undocumented immigrants. Tucker speculates that amnesty would mean the end of ever seeing another GOP POTUS again. Frightening prospects that conceivably could happen, as the GOP would be powerless to stop these things.

I wonder how realistic those prospects are? I never know if this sort of speculation is just a tactic to motivate voters.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...andidates.html:

In their first year, Democrats will give voting rights to every illegal alien in the country, and then encourage many others to join them from abroad. At a minimum, that means more than 20 million new Democratic voters, overnight. No Republican will win nationally again. We’ll have one-party rule.

But Democrats don’t plan to stop there. In congress, they will abolish the filibuster, meaning they’ll be able to do whatever they want with just a simple majority. Which they will have. They plan to pack the Senate, by making the District of Columbia a state. Giving statehood to DC is unconstitutional, but they’re not worried. They plan to pack the Supreme Court too. They’ve said so.

Last edited by ud2; 07-09-2020 at 08:33 AM..
Old 07-09-2020, 09:45 AM

Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Tucker speculates that if Biden wins and the Senate flips, then the Dems will get rid of the filibuster, make DC a state in order to pack the Senate, expand and pack the Supreme Court, and grant amnesty to all current undocumented immigrants. Tucker speculates that amnesty would mean the end of ever seeing another GOP POTUS again. Frightening prospects that conceivably could happen, as the GOP would be powerless to stop these things.

I wonder how realistic those prospects are? I never know if this sort of speculation is just a tactic to motivate voters.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...andidates.html:

In their first year, Democrats will give voting rights to every illegal alien in the country, and then encourage many others to join them from abroad. At a minimum, that means more than 20 million new Democratic voters, overnight. No Republican will win nationally again. We’ll have one-party rule.

But Democrats don’t plan to stop there. In congress, they will abolish the filibuster, meaning they’ll be able to do whatever they want with just a simple majority. Which they will have. They plan to pack the Senate, by making the District of Columbia a state. Giving statehood to DC is unconstitutional, but they’re not worried. They plan to pack the Supreme Court too. They’ve said so.
First, I believe they want to do a lot of the scary things that you mention because they generally say that they want to do those things.

They always talk about straight amnesty for illegals. I believe they will do that if they have the power. They will make border security toothless as well, IMO. This will change the distribution of power in the country for a very long time.

Just about every one of them signed onto the Green New Deal. Imagine that in action.

I believe they would try to give DC statehood if they could.

Can they get the numbers in the Senate to open the floodgates if Biden wins? That is a really scary prospect for me. I believe that it can happen.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:17 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I believe they would try to give DC statehood if they could.
I skimmed the below article, and it sounds like the filibuster is the only thing keeping DC from becoming a state. If DC became a state, the GOP would likely ask the SC to nullify DC's statehood citing the 23rd Amendment.

I think a good compromise would be just to make DC's citizens part of Maryland and/or Virginia, preferably Maryland.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/22/212931...ourt-joe-biden

Last edited by ud2; 07-09-2020 at 02:23 PM..
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Brad S. (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 06:07 PM
General

Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,714 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
This clip is both amazing and sad. Biden has completely lost it. He should not be running for any office. https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/202...ns-a-new-meme/
Old 07-09-2020, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
This clip is both amazing and sad. Biden has completely lost it. He should not be running for any office. https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/202...ns-a-new-meme/
I am not a doctor, but he really almost looks like he had a mini stroke at some point. He is just a little slow, and imo you can tell that he knows that he's not 100%, and he is frustrated that his health is failing him and he is unable to function at 100%.

Last edited by ud2; 07-09-2020 at 11:48 PM..
Old 07-10-2020, 03:45 PM
General

Thanked 3,422 Times in 1,803 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
I am not a doctor, but he really almost looks like he had a mini stroke at some point. He is just a little slow, and imo you can tell that he knows that he's not 100%, and he is frustrated that his health is failing him and he is unable to function at 100%.
I feel bad for the guy, but not bad enough to vote for him. And I believe the DNC and its supporters will make every effort to manage a “Weekend at Biden’s” presidential campaign, to mask his infirmities long enough to have a “bait and switch” situation in place when it becomes obvious that he needs to resign from the presidency “for health reasons”. I could be wrong, but I’m afraid that I’m right.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-10-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 04:03 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
I feel bad for the guy, but not bad enough to vote for him. And I believe the DNC and its supporters will make every effort to manage a “Weekend at Biden’s” presidential campaign, to mask his infirmities long enough to have a “bait and switch” situation in place when it becomes obvious that he needs to resign from the presidency “for health reasons”. I could be wrong, but I’m afraid that I’m right.
Posted via Mobile Device
The Democrats and the liberals are ruthless and non-ethical, so they will do whatever the leadership wants. And I don't mean Biden.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:35 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
So what kind of position would Ocasio Cortez get in a Biden administration? This is the kind of absurd situation we are possibly facing.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:42 AM
General

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
There’s no way they will let Biden debate Trump. He can’t get a complete sentence out of his mouth. https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/...tting-process/
Old 07-21-2020, 12:30 PM

Thanked 4,141 Times in 2,517 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
VP pick

Posted via Mobile Device
Whether that scenario plays out or not, I think it's vitally important that Biden select a running mate that voters are comfortable with as President. If his selection is based on appeasing the Sanders/Warren camp or the radical/crazy left I think it will cost him big.

The voters will look at the VP as a very influential person, a Biden-substitute, and the next Dem presidential nominee. He'd better think smart or Trump will be the beneficiary if he picks an off-the-wall running mate. He's got to be smarter than that.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:56 PM

Biden was just asked whether he will pick a black woman as his running mate. He refused to commit, and said four of his finalists are black woman. Who are the racist people now insisting on a black woman?

BTW if Biden doesn't pick a black woman, the terrorists will burn down his basement.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:36 PM
General

Thanked 2,295 Times in 1,489 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Democratic PartyMEDICARE-FOR-ALL OR BUST
Hundreds of Bernie Sanders delegates vow to rebel in struggle to unite Democratic Party.

Sanders delegates signing petition to vote against Dem platform that doesn’t include ‘Medicare-for-all.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san...dicare-for-all
Old 07-29-2020, 01:58 PM
General

Thanked 2,295 Times in 1,489 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Politico Slips

Politico comes out July 28 and says Biden picks Kamala Harris as his VP as of August 1. Then, suddenly, the announcement comes down. Appears someone in the Biden campaign slipped information to Politico (another Democrat arm?) and Politico mistakenly printed it too early.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:11 AM
Colonel

N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
So there’s this. Who the frick is running Biden’s camp that would allow this to be floated. Talk about desperation.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...e-will-be-real
Old 08-06-2020, 11:47 AM

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden...CXchRFs-CAek1o

Biden really appears to have some cognitive issues. He can't maintain a train of thought or string a few sentences together.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden...CXchRFs-CAek1o

Biden really appears to have some cognitive issues. He can't maintain a train of thought or string a few sentences together.
I dunno, I watched a recent clip of Biden on Hannity last night, and Biden sounded coherent enough IMO, this issue might be overblown. Although, Dan Bongino, one of Hannity's guests, said last night that Biden is rapidly getting worse as far as his cognitive abilities are concerned, and that the Dems are very worried about him, and DB said that his sources have almost always been correct.

Biden does not have to be perfect, he just has to be an acceptable alternative to Trump, so the bar is pretty low since so many people can't stand Trump.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,780 Times in 882 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno, I watched a recent clip of Biden on Hannity last night, and Biden sounded coherent enough IMO, this issue might be overblown. Although, Dan Bongino, one of Hannity's guests, said last night that Biden is rapidly getting worse as far as his cognitive abilities are concerned, and that the Dems are very worried about him, and DB said that his sources have almost always been correct.

Biden does not have to be perfect, he just has to be an acceptable alternative to Trump, so the bar is pretty low since so many people can't stand Trump.
Agree ud2, many people feel about Trump the way many people felt about Clinton. Throw in the 'Trump fatigue" many people have after 3.5 years of his personality and you are right. Joe doesn't have to be perfect. Not being Trump is an advantage. Having said that, I still believe the Democrats are a danger to the Republic. Putting up with a juvenile in the White House may be the price to be paid to keep the socialists out.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:08 PM
General

Biden is either nuts or a racist. https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...erse-opinions/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2020, 06:53 PM
Colonel

N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Biden is either nuts or a racist. https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...erse-opinions/
Posted via Mobile Device
I’m betting on both . . .