User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-11-2020, 03:25 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
I don’t thinks it naive at all if you follow and trust the recruiting the guy who does know the answers to these questions is doing both this year and next. Lots of guards on the list not so many bigs. He also panicking isn’t grabbing a big just to have bodies. He knows what he has and what he wants and is it going to stick to his plan to not take just anyone no matter their resume. I fully trust and respect his approach.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure I can really interpret what you're trying to say here from a grammatical standpoint.Very hard to read. I trust the coaches far more than many of the Miss Cloe's on the board that don't preface their comments with "in my opinion".

The upcoming season is months away and even CAG has no clue what he has talent-wise from both plenty of individual players and from a team standpoint.He said this very same thing not too long ago regarding our new normal.Not even CAG would say right now or any time that "so and so players" won't play together.

Retroactively speaking, UD had an incredibly talented, veteran and deep team going into this past season and most everyone here would agree. Did you see what happen with all the depth and talent? Chase leaves creating a might hole, Jordy not 100% health-wise and certainly not from a practice/game standpoint, Matos not the same player coming off injury and talent-wise, Chatman a disappointment after starting the season off well and a good chunk of the season and Cohill was no better (and even worse) thru-out the first half of the season and even landed in CAG's doghouse.

CAG and the coaches will let the rest of the summer, fall practice and early games dictate what combinations he'll use and even then THAT, in and of itself, can and will certainly change based on production, player progression/regression, players who both buy in and don't buy in and the challenges opponents bring to the table. It's really not that difficult to understand this.

Last edited by steve; 05-11-2020 at 03:48 PM..
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2020, 11:31 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Long Island FLYER is on a distinguished road
As Becky accurately stated, my point isn't about who can play with whom. It's about common sense. If you only have two big men, you have to protect them. Even more so, given Jordy's penchant for picking up fouls in a rapid fashion. A four guard set-up is the logical way to go. We're going to have a plethora of 6'3" to 6'5" players. Play to your strength and beat the opponent with speed.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:16 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,360 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I think Zimi will also be in the mix, but who knows to what extent. His half a year working in the program turned into 2 months, but we’ll take it. The only news I remember hearing about his progress had to do with conditioning and limiting his pizza intake.

I think with Jalen in his 4th year under Grant and Chaman, Watson and Cohill all heading into their 3rd year under Grant, as well as Jordy, it’s really going to help whoever fills out the lineup at any given time. I think Cohill is going to have a breakout year. It might be as the 6th man, but we saw a light turn on the last 25% of the season. Who the heck knows what came down between him and Grant, but I think it’s safe to say Grant needed more from him and eventually he responded and started to play well. He has a shot at playing as many minutes as Chatman as the backup to both Rodney and Jalen. He might even beat out Chatman if he continues to play lockdown D and ups his offensive game. He certainly played well offensively in the last half of the year...and in high school - 21 pts, 5 boards, 3 assts, 35% from 3. I just see a breakout junior year coming for Dwayne. We have the talent at guard to have THREE averaging close to 20 points and with the offense and culture of sharing the ball, it could happen, because all three also know how to drive the lane and finish with a floater or kick it out for an open 3.

Best case is Chase is available and we pick up another Big with some experience. But if not, I still like everyone we have and I’m confident Grant knows how to get the best of each of them in his positionless offense. Playing with a short bench won’t be anything Grant hasn’t done before.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:06 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
LaSalle asst' coach Kenny Johnson let go after alligations of mischief while at Louisville. At least Lasalle has a set, can't say the same for Iona.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:32 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Long Island FLYER View Post
As Becky accurately stated, my point isn't about who can play with whom. It's about common sense. If you only have two big men, you have to protect them. Even more so, given Jordy's penchant for picking up fouls in a rapid fashion. A four guard set-up is the logical way to go. We're going to have a plethora of 6'3" to 6'5" players. Play to your strength and beat the opponent with speed.
Long Island Flyer: Every team that cannot recruit talented big men is planning to beat you with speed. That strategy encompasses over 400 teams. Or you could follow the John Carroll men’s basketball philosophy, “We’re small but we’re slow”.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2020, 10:23 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Long Island FLYER is on a distinguished road
OMG, you're right! What was I thinking trying to make a simple point of protecting our limited size? Of which, we have two.
I'm done with this.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:08 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
An incoming RI men's basketball recruit just survived a drive-by shooting, he was shot at multiple times. IIRC, it involved a dispute with a former classmate over a girlfriend. The shooter has been arrested.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ssault-charges

Last edited by ud2; 05-21-2020 at 05:10 PM..
Old 05-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
While a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, and I don't want to get political, why does an 18 year old kid have these guns? Do these kids really think that the gun solves the problem? Crazy! And the shooter and the intended victim were classmates! The gun isn't the problem the shooter's thinking process, or lack thereof, is.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-22-2020), UDGutter2 (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 04:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
The shooter, I believe, was going to play football at Oregon.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:19 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The shooter, I believe, was going to play football at Oregon.
I believe you are correct but I believe Oregon had already cut ties with him prior to this incident. Best decision they ever made...unless of course someone says see you gave up on this kid and drove him to violence.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:57 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
@JonRothstein
·
1h
Sources: Rhode Island and Seton Hall will start a home-and-home series at the Ryan Center on December 1st. Return game in Newark in 21-22.

#shbb
Old 05-23-2020, 12:26 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
While a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, and I don't want to get political, why does an 18 year old kid have these guns? Do these kids really think that the gun solves the problem? Crazy! And the shooter and the intended victim were classmates! The gun isn't the problem the shooter's thinking process, or lack thereof, is.
They are not trying to "solve" anything with their guns. It's their view that the only way to get respect is to waive a gun around. They cut their teeth on that notion. The are not looking to be safe, or self-defend, or anything of the like. It's a ghetto-like version of empowerment.

Guns and testosterone, booze, or drugs just don't mix. Gets back to a lack of family and
personal values. Tough thing to solve. And it won't be solved by trying to take guns away.

Sorry, back to A10 news in 20/21.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer2 (05-23-2020), jack72 (05-23-2020), MikeFlyer (05-24-2020), springborofan (05-23-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 12:52 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
@JonRothstein
Barring something unforeseen, the Atlantic 10 could conceivably return eight of its top ten scorers from last season.

League has a chance to be outstanding in 20-21, but will there be enough Quad 1 opportunities in November and December to move the needle on Selection Sunday?

@JonRothstein
Still baffled how the American and the Atlantic 10 haven't yet put their top teams in a challenge each and every year.

Both of these leagues need more quality games for their NCAA Tournament hopefuls.

Adapt or get boxed out on Selection Sunday.

This is now about SURVIVAL.
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 02:03 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
@JonRothstein
Still baffled how the American and the Atlantic 10 haven't yet put their top teams in a challenge each and every year.

Both of these leagues need more quality games for their NCAA Tournament hopefuls.

The AAC probably feels the A-10 isn't good enough for them.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:33 PM
General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
The AAC probably feels the A-10 isn't good enough for them.
Agreed. Rothstein also mentions someone playing a challenge with the WCC but I have a feeling Gonzaga would nix that
Old 05-25-2020, 06:43 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,455 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Atlantic 10 Basketball: Way-too-early power rankings for 2020-21 season

Atlantic 10 Basketball: Way-too-early power rankings for 2020-21 season

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/05/...0-21-season/5/
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Mich Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-26-2020), MikeFlyer (05-26-2020), Runnin' Rebel (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 11:19 AM
General

Chris Mooney: Scheduling is a big issue

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....s-a-big-issue/

“I feel like a big part of the issue is scheduling,” Mooney said Monday on the College Hoops Today Podcast when he was asked about being a 24-win team last March prior to the Atlantic 10 Tournament and not being cemented in the NCAA Tournament.

In 2014, the Atlantic 10 earned six NCAA Tournament bids; the same amount as the ACC and two more than the Big East.

However, prior to the start of the 2015-16 season, the conference decided to go from 16 to 18 league games and has yet to earn comparable representation in the NCAA Tournament.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:18 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...81408300761093

Rhode Island lands Syracuse transfer Jalen Carey
Old 06-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...81408300761093

Rhode Island lands Syracuse transfer Jalen Carey
David Cox is trying to load up and try to get even with Dayton for the spanking we gave to them at the UD Arena last season but I'll still take the Flyers in 2021!
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (06-07-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 07:08 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
David Cox is trying to load up and try to get even with Dayton for the spanking we gave to them at the UD Arena last season but I'll still take the Flyers in 2021!

And the spanking we gave them at Rhode Island!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (06-08-2020), San Diego Flyer (06-07-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 07:26 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I temporarilly forgot they were in our pod! Obi dunked on his brother and had several other impressive dunks at home!
Old 06-06-2020, 07:31 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Yea I thought the game @URI was much more of a spanking. They needed that game SO bad and we absolutely dismantled them. Obi had some absurd dunks including a runaway windmill hammer very similar to the Richmond one where the crowd was dead silent.
Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-08-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 09:01 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
That RI team clearly quit.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (06-07-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 10:12 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Fatts didn't quit, he was working overtime to pad his stats. And some folks wonder why they had a morale problem.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-08-2020), Jeff (06-08-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 10:15 AM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Fatts didn't quit, he was working overtime to pad his stats. And some folks wonder why they had a morale problem.
With all the new “personalities” RI is bringing in this year I have to wonder how team chemistry will hold up.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
That RI team clearly quit.
we spanked them like
Chuck Norris spanks death...

must be six times now Chuck Norris
has died and recovered...bam!...)

RI is like that grizzly bear rug in Chuck
Norris's living room.. that's not a rug,
that's a live bear, too afraid to move...)

Go Flyers!
Old 06-08-2020, 09:36 AM
General

Atlantic 10 Offseason Breakdown
June 6, 2020 by Jon Rothstein

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....son-breakdown/
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (06-08-2020), Runnin' Rebel (06-08-2020), tirebiter (06-08-2020)
Old 06-08-2020, 10:00 AM
Brigadier General

hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Atlantic 10 Offseason Breakdown
June 6, 2020 by Jon Rothstein

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....son-breakdown/
Interesting that he projects the 4-guard lineup many have discussed on this board. If Chase doesn't come back, this could be the SL, but I personally think Sissoko would start at the 4 and Cohill would be first off the bench.

If we started 4 guards, the best defenders (Cohill, Chat) would probably have to guard bigger players wouldn't they? At least one of them would have to guard a bigger position. Ibi would have to guard a 4 which would be problematic. Would the offensive mismatches this creates outweigh the problems it will cause on defense?
Old 06-08-2020, 10:35 AM
General

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
Interesting that he projects the 4-guard lineup many have discussed on this board. If Chase doesn't come back, this could be the SL, but I personally think Sissoko would start at the 4 and Cohill would be first off the bench.

If we started 4 guards, the best defenders (Cohill, Chat) would probably have to guard bigger players wouldn't they? At least one of them would have to guard a bigger position. Ibi would have to guard a 4 which would be problematic. Would the offensive mismatches this creates outweigh the problems it will cause on defense?
Cohill's best game as a Flyer IMO was his freshman year against Charlie Brown of St. Joes. He did a great job defending him and he was 6'6

Someone like Brown I could see being able to guard with a 4 guard look. French for STL and it gets interesting
Old 06-08-2020, 10:51 AM
Brigadier General

Cohill's best game as a Flyer IMO was his freshman year against Charlie Brown of St. Joes. He did a great job defending him and he was 6'6

Someone like Brown I could see being able to guard with a 4 guard look. French for STL and it gets interesting
Good point. Another example is Chatman guarding Edwards in the Georgia game and he is 6'5 to Chat's 6'1. Rodney completely shut him down. Held the possible #1 pick to 6 points, 0 assists and 3 turnovers.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:56 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Guarding Charlie Brown or Edwards is a much different animal than guarding Hassan French.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:47 AM
Captain

Dogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant future
Also seems like everyone forgets about Zimi. I have no idea if he is an impact player, but he should make our newcomer list at a minimum. They show him in projected bench.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:15 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Guarding Charlie Brown or Edwards is a much different animal than guarding Hassan French.
Why would they be asked to guard French? We're talking about a 4-guard lineup not a 5-guard lineup.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:21 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Because St Louis started both Jimmy Bell (@ 6'10") at Center and Hasaan French (@6'7" and a load) at PF.

No doubt, we'd create mis-matches defensively for them w/ a 4 guard lineup, but none of those guards are going to stop French on the blocks.

I assume both Bell and French are returning to St Louis next season. In a normal offseason, I'd expect Bell to take a huge leap from his frosh season last year to his sophomore season this year. French will be just as much of a load as he's been the last 2 seasons.

then you still have to deal with Goodwin (and Perkins) who can attack the glass.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:10 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Last year, Coach Grant before the season started predicted that the team to watch was Richmond. He was right. They were very good.

They could be the team to watch and could be the league favorite this year. Everyone is back and they are talented.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:28 PM
General

@JonRothstein
·
Jul 10
Source: Memphis and Saint Louis will start a home-and-home series next season at FedEx Forum. Return game at Chaifetz Arena in 21-22.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:51 PM
General

@coreyevans_10
Rivals150 guard Brayon Freeman just committed to George Washington, a source tells
@Rivals
Jamion Christian’s bunch continues to load up, this time strike with a tough-minded guard known for his scoring in the 2021 class.

127th in the country. Nice get for GW
Old 08-17-2020, 03:22 PM
General

@JonRothstein
·
2m
Source: Rhode Island's Makhi and Makhel Mitchell have both received waivers from the NCAA and will be immediately eligible for the 20-21 season.

Transfers from Maryland.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:41 PM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
@JonRothstein
·
2m
Source: Rhode Island's Makhi and Makhel Mitchell have both received waivers from the NCAA and will be immediately eligible for the 20-21 season.

Transfers from Maryland.
The Mitchell twins will change the dynamic of the conference; likely not seismically so but Rhodey just got tougher.

Also, the NCAA is trash. Two freshman get into some trouble at their first school and decide to part ways just before the second semester. Why would they be eligible the first semester? What is the exception they deserve?

Frankly, I'm happy they'll be playing, but it just makes no sense whatsoever.
Mad Props to flyer016 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-17-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 09:54 AM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Jalen Carey, the Syracuse transfer, will be immediately eligible for Rhode Island

https://www.providencejournal.com/sp...ligible-at-uri

Carey never amounted to much at Syracuse, bu he was the No. 61 recruit coming out of high school two years ago.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:46 AM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
So basically everyone that is requesting a waiver is getting one , so does Elijah Weaver request a waiver ???
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to soccergod For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-20-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 10:51 AM

In the initial timeline I think I read somewhere they were going to send in a request but didn’t think it would be honored. It seems this was a national online write up, not a local quote or interview.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:39 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by soccergod View Post
So basically everyone that is requesting a waiver is getting one , so does Elijah Weaver request a waiver ???
Posted via Mobile Device
We didn't request one (and shouldn't have, we are fine)... We need him much more for the 2021-2022 Season when Jalen, Rodney and Ibi leave
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-21-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 08:33 PM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
We didn't request one (and shouldn't have, we are fine)... We need him much more for the 2021-2022 Season when Jalen, Rodney and Ibi leave
I'm under the impression that this has been the plan the whole time
Old 08-26-2020, 01:01 PM
Major

And now Malik Martin, transfer from Charlotte, has been declared immediately eligible for Rhode Island.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/08/25/...l-get-waivers/

That's four for four, with the Mitchell twins, Jalen Carey and Martin (Hassan's little brother) all becoming eligible for the Rams. Heck of an offseason for David Cox.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:48 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
And now Malik Martin, transfer from Charlotte, has been declared immediately eligible for Rhode Island.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/08/25/...l-get-waivers/

That's four for four, with the Mitchell twins, Jalen Carey and Martin (Hassan's little brother) all becoming eligible for the Rams. Heck of an offseason for David Cox.
Funny thing is he has spoken out against P5's decimating his roster by enticing transfers, saying the NCAA needs to do something to control it. But he seems to be doing well getting players to transfer there too. I guess if you can't beat them join them.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-26-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 03:53 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Funny thing is he has spoken out against P5's decimating his roster by enticing transfers, saying the NCAA needs to do something to control it. But he seems to be doing well getting players to transfer there too. I guess if you can't beat them join them.
Hey, the rules are the rules. Bobby Knight hated the 3-point shot and won an NCAA tournament with Steve Alford shooting the 3-ball. Once the rules are in place, what you thought before is meaningless.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (08-27-2020)