User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-09-2020, 08:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Important Update for Men's Basketball Season Ticket Holders

Comments?
So if we can't attend games in 20-21, our seat license fee will not be credited to 21-22?

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

As the University plans toward a safe reopening in the fall, I want to share some information on the 2020-21 men’s basketball season.

At this writing, we are planning for a traditional start to the basketball season, but we acknowledge we do not know with any degree of certainty what spectator sports and team travel may look like throughout the season. Our decisions are, in part, contingent upon state and local government health regulations.

As a reminder, there is a distinction between your annual arena seating plan contribution and your season tickets. If any portion of the men’s basketball schedule does not take place, we are offering you three options for your tickets, which we intend to bill in July with an extended payment deadline to the end of September.

Convert your ticket credit to a fully tax-deductible gift to the Champions and Scholars Fund
Receive credit toward future men’s basketball tickets
Receive a ticket refund for the canceled game(s)

All refunds or credits will be prorated, contingent on the amount of games impacted.

Athletics recognizes your annual contributions, which are currently due June 19, to the Arena Seating Program as a non-tax-deductible gift to the University, and is non-refundable (the Arena Seating Program is assessed to all lower arena and 300 level seats). Should the 2020-21 basketball season be completely cancelled, there may be an option for some or all of the payment to be reclassified as a charitable contribution.

The Arena Seating Program has sustained and advanced the men’s basketball program at its very core, along with our other programs, since its inception in 1997. We have an elite, long-standing commitment to basketball excellence. Our operating investment in basketball is reflective of our national competitiveness, and is directly in line with other top-performing programs. Against the backdrop of our history, and particularly this past season, we must continue to advance and accelerate the program. Without your commitment and support, we would simply be unable to maintain the level of investment to meet our mutual expectations. We are doing everything possible to mitigate the disruption from the cancellation of the NCAA Tournament and maintain our momentum.

Our scheduling is continuing to develop. The Atlantic 10 Conference will announce men’s basketball schedule pairings for the 2020-21 season soon. The season will feature an 18-game league slate. We recently announced we have agreed to a home-and-home series with the University of Mississippi. The first game will be played on Saturday, Dec. 19 at UD Arena. We also have a series with Southern Methodist University (SMU) beginning at home on Sunday, Nov. 29. The non-conference is also highlighted by a game in Atlanta vs Mississippi State and by ESPN’s Myrtle Beach Invite Nov. 19, 20 and 22. The field includes Missouri, Nebraska, Penn, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Loyola, and Utah State.

Your partnership is valued and critical as we continue to optimize annual operating revenue in a fair and reasonable manner. We are grateful for your loyal support of Dayton athletics and know that you expect a first-class, nationally-competitive program that represents our University mission, our city and our community in the best possible way. Together, that’s what we expect to deliver.

Stay Healthy and Go Flyers!

Neil Sullivan
Vice President & Director of Athletics
University of Dayton
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2020, 09:48 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,339 Times in 449 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
The first payment for season tickets is due June 19th, but we haven't rec'd anything in the mail this year regarding payment.

Curious to know if others have rec'd their normal invoice in the mail this year?
Old 06-09-2020, 10:08 AM
Just off the Jet

daytondave
Received the initial notice at the end of April and have already made two payments on the installment plan. You might want to go check your online account and check the status.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:59 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

NYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really nice
I haven't received a thing.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,612 Times in 2,463 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
The seating license is due or payment arrangement made by June 19. No invoices for tickets have been issued.
Seat License are donations, and according to the email won't be credited to another year, but may be reclassified to 100% tax decuctible. This is what I expected.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,284 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
The first payment for season tickets is due June 19th, but we haven't rec'd anything in the mail this year regarding payment.

Curious to know if others have rec'd their normal invoice in the mail this year?
We've been invoiced for seating program only, which is due 6/19. Nothing yet for actual season tickets.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:13 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
I will not start a debate over seating licenses.

Ok, I feel better.

Also, I did receive my license renewal invoice, quite some time ago actually.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:38 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,339 Times in 449 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the responses... we couldn't remember receiving one this year via mail - must have pitched it.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:45 PM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
Thanks for the responses... we couldn't remember receiving one this year via mail - must have pitched it.
It was late April if memory serves. Easy to pitch it. In late April I was still mad about March...
Old 06-09-2020, 10:57 PM
Captain

Southwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to behold
What is not addressed in this email is what I believe may be the more likely scenario. What happens if the games are played, but, with a limited (social distancing) number of fans allowed at each game.

I’m guessing they (and probably most institutions) haven’t figured that out yet.
Probably waiting to see what other schools/teams do.

I’ve read about OSU AD, Gene Smith discussing the possibility of somewhere between 22,000 and 40,000 fans being admitted to Buckeye football.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:08 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,075 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
I will say that your Arena Seating Program "donation to the Champion and Scholars Fund" as being assumed as your "seat license" is horse **** that the funds will count for nothing should no games be played. Yes...fine print says it isn't refunded.

4 lowers at 1800 bucks isn't chump change for many....just to hand for the university for the privilege to give them another 1800 next year to buy 21-22 season tickets.

Many don't care about the relationship between the ASP and "other programs". They consider the ASP as a part of their ST purchase. I can see there being some ticked off fans when they realize they are glad handing the university quite a bit of money for nothing.

The tax benefit is peanuts.

The cash towards the Arena Seating Program is just that...money towards the guarantee to buy your seats when they come due. No seats to buy...ASP should be carried over to the next season. Which it won't be...as the university needs the money more than the supporters of the program.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:28 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Southwest View Post
What is not addressed in this email is what I believe may be the more likely scenario. What happens if the games are played, but, with a limited (social distancing) number of fans allowed at each game.

I’m guessing they (and probably most institutions) haven’t figured that out yet.
Probably waiting to see what other schools/teams do.

I’ve read about OSU AD, Gene Smith discussing the possibility of somewhere between 22,000 and 40,000 fans being admitted to Buckeye football.
remember though that this would be outside. That makes a big difference. here’s a good news. Duquesne is playing at PPG Paints next year while their arena is getting redone. There will be plenty of seats! Even social distancing!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-12-2020, 12:38 AM
2nd Lieutenant

SacramentoFlyer is a jewel in the roughSacramentoFlyer is a jewel in the roughSacramentoFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
I will say that your Arena Seating Program "donation to the Champion and Scholars Fund" as being assumed as your "seat license" is horse **** that the funds will count for nothing should no games be played. Yes...fine print says it isn't refunded.

4 lowers at 1800 bucks isn't chump change for many....just to hand for the university for the privilege to give them another 1800 next year to buy 21-22 season tickets.

Many don't care about the relationship between the ASP and "other programs". They consider the ASP as a part of their ST purchase. I can see there being some ticked off fans when they realize they are glad handing the university quite a bit of money for nothing.

The tax benefit is peanuts.

The cash towards the Arena Seating Program is just that...money towards the guarantee to buy your seats when they come due. No seats to buy...ASP should be carried over to the next season. Which it won't be...as the university needs the money more than the supporters of the program.

While I understand what you are saying, there are probably 1,000 waiting to get those seats who would gladly pay. I know several of my friends are chomping at the bit to get better seats and are willing to pay.

I think this brings up something that has been overlooked a little - the hard core Flyer fan base is expanding. Many UD alums who graduated 15-30 years ago are doing very well and are reaching a point where they have extra money that they are willing to spend on something they love - including UD basketball. I know a handful of my friends who all live within 3 or so hours from UD who are doing everything they can to get better season tickets. I'm not sure what to call these folks... red vests in training?

I think they could raise seat licenses/mandatory donations/price of tickets and still have a waiting list. (Shhh.. Don't tell athletics that!)
Old 06-12-2020, 08:16 PM

Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,763 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Seat license fees have risen dramatically during the last three years.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:03 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
I am not a season ticket holder. What good does the seat license do for you from a tax perspective with the tax laws being changed a few years ago?

Thanks

Go Flyers
Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (06-13-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 02:05 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cardsflyer View Post
I am not a season ticket holder. What good does the seat license do for you from a tax perspective with the tax laws being changed a few years ago?

Thanks

Go Flyers
Excellent point. Most would derive no benefit from a tax perspective since the standard deduction was increased.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:57 PM

Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,763 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
The seat license is no longer tax deductible because the ticket holder receives a benefit

However as I understand, if the season is not played, there is no benefit to the seat holder and they may be able to declare a tax deduction. But only if no games are played or are played without fans.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:26 PM
2nd Lieutenant

RuffReitrUD will become famous soon enoughRuffReitrUD will become famous soon enough
Don't mean to change the subject, but thought the conversation was relevant here since in personal attendance might be affected obviously... Does anyone have any idea on television coverage for next year? We've proved our fan base in a national level, obviously. I don't mind ESPN+ games, but love to see at least a few more nationally televised games. If anyone has any insider info, please let us know! Thanks.