Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-27-2020, 09:21 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
CBS Sports interview - Anthony and Frank Martin

Channel surfing late yesterday afternoon . . . there's a 3-way interview with Anthony, his high school buddy and So. Carolina Coach Martin . . . and the host. Caught the last five minutes. Looked like a terrific interview. I don't know how old the interview was, maybe several weeks. I don't know. Wondering if anyone else caught it.
Mad Props to moville For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-27-2020)
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2020, 10:04 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by moville View Post
Channel surfing late yesterday afternoon . . . there's a 3-way interview with Anthony, his high school buddy and So. Carolina Coach Martin . . . and the host. Caught the last five minutes. Looked like a terrific interview. I don't know how old the interview was, maybe several weeks. I don't know. Wondering if anyone else caught it.

Did they arrange a home-and-home series?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (06-27-2020), udflyerfan (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 12:49 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Did they arrange a home-and-home series?
If AG didn’t Bring it up during the interview, i don’t want to hear Neil say they are doing everything they can...
Old 06-27-2020, 12:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it was probably taped only a few days before. the promo came out a day before with a clip. It started with just Anthony and some clips were shown of this season's games and talk of the great season., how Anthony talked with the team about the disappointment of no NCAA but being grateful for what they did accomplish.
Then Frank was brought in as a surprise for Anthony. They told some funny stories about their time together, the sad story of the circumstances around Anthony being asked to be the godfather of Frank's son (Anthony's 2nd son died about the same time Frank's son was born. Anthony called being named Godfather a "gift") Frank spoke of never being able to truly understand what Anthony has gone and goes through as a black man and as a father of black sons.
Here is the promo clip of some of the interaction https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status...828387338?s=20
I really enjoyed the interview although I didn't expect to get teary watching it. I will say I like Anthony's look with the facial hair.

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 06-27-2020 at 01:28 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (06-27-2020), moville (06-27-2020), udflyerfan (06-27-2020)