UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-17-2022, 06:26 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,405 Times in 2,481 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
First Day of Practice

It takes an advanced degree in mathematics to calculate….but here is what I know based on NCAA 17.25.2 Preaseason Practice and 17.02.11 which also factors in the calculation.

You get 29 units - which are practices. There is no practice on Sundays.
The day classes start can factor into your calculation. As does the first date of competition, which is Friday, Aug 26 this year. Classes start Aug 29th. So the first day of classes does not affect Dayton’s calculation this year.

The first day of competition does. The 6 days prior to that date you can only have 1 practice a day. You don’t count Sundays. So one unit on Aug 19-20-22-23-24-25.

You can count 2 units on non-Sundays prior to that. So 2 units on 18-17-16-15-13-12-11-10-9-8-6.

That totals 28 units. So I think you get one more unit and therefore can start on Friday August 5th as long as you have a one-unit day somewhere between the 5th and 18th. But I’m not clear on that last unit. And I’m not clear on
“ reporting day”. Not sure if it’s a required day if that counts as a unit. There will be a meeting. They have to hand out gear and shoes, etc. I think the players move into their permanent living quarters but I also don’t know how Dayton handles athletes on campus when school is not in session. So move in day could be as early as the 3rd or 4th.

Conclusion…practice starts around August 5th…give or take a day.

The KY Exhibition is at 4 pm on the 20th at Frericks and that counts as the one-unit on that day.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
NJFlyr71 (08-09-2022)
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2022, 11:26 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,405 Times in 2,481 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I’ve seen on several other websites or twitter that a lot of teams start practice on Monday. Having team move in and report over the weekend, but 1st practice is Monday. That’s probably the case for most teams in the country.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:37 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,915 Times in 1,085 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
BeckysTXS

I think the solution to the confusion you outlined in your 1st post is the use of linear programming. You site numerous constraints which can be used in the equations to find that single point date!

Unfortunately it has been a very long time ago I used it in my mba class and never used after that! All that effort amounted to zilch, nada, zip, gone!

Hence, I can no longer provide any esteem guidance to the cause!