User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Your post applies to everything you said as much as it does to the people that disagreed with him.

If we are a bunch of sissy complainers than what are you doing in your post?
Couldnt agree more. But it seems to be the same song and dance. Voice an opinion on a coach or god forbid a player negatively and the flood gates are opened and you're crucified for it. Its a message board. For opinions.

If you are a fan of Ramod and Wally im a fan of yours. I loved those guys. Those two and Shark Finn got Purnell an ACC job.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfan4life (01-10-2017), RamodWaleskowski (01-11-2017)
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2017, 01:44 PM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
So are you saying that you should be free from other people voicing their opinions whenever someone voices an opinion negatively about a player? I think the doors swing both ways.

voice an unpopular or critical opinion and expect it to be challenged. Do you have that opinion just because you are being irrational and thinking with your heart or do you have a solid foundation for why you hold that opinion? If you have a sold foundation you will get others to turn their head with fact. If you are being irrational, at least hold out room for others to convince you back to their side.

Problem I see with flyerfan4life is that he seems to be shifting the goal posts in this discussion. There is no question, that as we look back a redshirt of Trey Landers may have been in both his and the best interest of the program, however no one outside of Archie, Trey and those closest to the team knows what conversations took place during recruiting, know what is happening on the court, know what both the immediate and long term expectations are for Trey.

Mostly what I see is people explaining either that neither flyerfan4life nor themselves know what truely went into the decision or lack there of to try and redshirt Trey, so its all conjuncture as well as a discussion on why the redshirt is rarely used in college basketball these days. Honestly, take Trey out of the picture and just discuss college basketball in general and very rarely are kids redshirted outside of the occasional big man.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
You're saying that after spending hours and hours watching game film, live HS games, offseason workouts, preseason workouts, and then preseason games AM just now suddenly reached the conclusion that TL should start developing some guard skills, and therefore should be redshirted?

For the 10th time: if AM thought he should redshirt then that's a discussion to have during the recruiting process. If it is realistic that what you're describing is actually happening, then AM should have said "you're not going to be ready when you get to UD and you should redshirt. How do you feel about that?"

If you have any evidence that AM is a great fool and never had that discussion or thought process, please provide. Otherwise, even granting that your scenario is real, TL must have said no. The point is moot.
I said that he came in with the assumption that he was going to be a guard. That plan has apparently been shelved and he's now being groomed to play the undersized 4 spot and maybe some 3. I'm done with this conversation. I just suggested that Trey could've been an ideal candidate for a red-shirt even though they're very uncommon nowadays. Reasons why: 1.) Senior laden team 2.) No path to seeing the court in meaningful game time 3.) Unique skill and size combination

Sorry for thinking outside the box. From here on out I'll simply echo the thoughts of all of the brilliant minds on this board. I'd hate to disagree with any of the veterans on here.
Mad Props to flyerfan4life For This Totally Excellent Post:
DaytonInsider (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 02:16 PM
1st Lieutenant

foolishpride is a jewel in the roughfoolishpride is a jewel in the roughfoolishpride is a jewel in the rough
A Kyle Ahrens thread about Trey Landers???????????????????????
Old 01-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I think Kyle is a good player and will stay at MSU.
CE80 (01-10-2017), UDGutter2 (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 03:04 PM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerfan4life View Post
I said that he came in with the assumption that he was going to be a guard. That plan has apparently been shelved and he's now being groomed to play the undersized 4 spot and maybe some 3. I'm done with this conversation. I just suggested that Trey could've been an ideal candidate for a red-shirt even though they're very uncommon nowadays. Reasons why: 1.) Senior laden team 2.) No path to seeing the court in meaningful game time 3.) Unique skill and size combination

Sorry for thinking outside the box. From here on out I'll simply echo the thoughts of all of the brilliant minds on this board. I'd hate to disagree with any of the veterans on here.
So you're saying Miller is a great fool who simply had no idea he had recruited a player who would not fit into our plans when he was a freshman, and that's why he didn't bring it up to TL until after it was too late to redshirt. Fair enough.

Like every discussion in the history of message boards, you're allowed to voice your opinion (and whine when other disagree) and yes shock to all I'm allowed to disagree.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
So you're saying Miller is a great fool who simply had no idea he had recruited a player who would not fit into our plans when he was a freshman, and that's why he didn't bring it up to TL until after it was too late to redshirt. Fair enough.

Like every discussion in the history of message boards, you're allowed to voice your opinion (and whine when other disagree) and yes shock to all I'm allowed to disagree.
Well...if the multiple rumors about him changing Trey to a forward are true, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm done with this conversation.
Well...if the multiple rumors about him changing Trey to a forward are true, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Oops..
Old 01-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Major

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Oops..
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa. You're hilarious man. Good joke!
Old 01-10-2017, 04:43 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to be questioning whether Kyle Ahrens should have been redshirted?
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Usually these ****ing matches are reserved for a hot day in July during a looooooooooooong offseason.

This is in between a Friday-Wednesday game.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:23 PM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Fair enough, to each his own.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:25 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Usually these ****ing matches are reserved for a hot day in July during a looooooooooooong offseason.

This is in between a Friday-Wednesday game.

Hey, start your own thread, this isn't about ****ing matches, it's about if people have the right to voice their own opinion about a player, even if it's negative.

Oh wait, it's not about voicing opinions, it's about whether redshirting Trey Landers would've been appropriate.

Oh, wait,
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (01-10-2017), jack72 (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Hey, start your own thread, this isn't about ****ing matches, it's about if people have the right to voice their own opinion about a player, even if it's negative.

Oh wait, it's not about voicing opinions, it's about whether redshirting Trey Landers would've been appropriate.

Oh, wait,
And I thought it was about whether Kyle would be a good fit as a transfer.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 07:15 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
And I thought it was about whether Kyle would be a good fit as a transfer.
what? You're going by the title?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (01-11-2017), redbengal (01-11-2017), UDGutter2 (01-11-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,859 Times in 720 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Trey Landers is transferring to Michigan State. You heard it here first.
Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-11-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,859 Times in 720 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
PS this thread is like the Kardashians. Really dumb but I can't stop looking.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (01-11-2017), CE80 (01-11-2017), RamodWaleskowski (01-11-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 08:45 PM
Major

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Please call and tell Archie and staff that he is not a 2 or 3, since someone on staff incorrectly listed Trey as a guard on the Daytonflyers.com website.

The only reason a few of his minutes were at the 4 earlier in the season, was due to our lack of depth and injuries or foul problems at that time.
Notice what position he was playing today?