User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-15-2017, 11:45 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Injuries -

OK so now we see KD has been hurt. I have been thinking over the last few weeks about the number of players that have missed playing time. That would be Cooke, rollo's mancrush, Kyle and so on. And that is only this season so far!

Thinking back to last year, and the years before. I can't think of any period in the last 20 years that as a team there have been multiple players hurt. It doesn't seem to matter who is on the team and what year it is. Mind you not placing this 'condition' on the coach or staff at least I don't think how that would be related, but we have had players hurt in games, in practice, between seasons, and let's not forget although not an injury the loss of BIG Steve.

What made me post this today was the recent comments after yesterday's game from AM himself. I think he is getting worn by the series of injuries.

Does anyone have a thought as to why? Is UD snakebit? Bad karma? What?

Maybe Figgie has some stat over the years that shows players injured and did not play.

This sequence of injuries is starting to bum me out! Especially when you realize what some of the teams COULD OF been with a full roster a whole season long (Like last year or the year before).
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Probably a good time for a Steve reference.

I wonder if he blocks shots in heaven's pickup games? Steve on one team, CD on the other. Kind of a rich man's Hakeem vs. Ewing

R.I.P big fellas.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-15-2017), NYCFLYER (01-15-2017), Whacker (01-16-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 01:20 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
OK so now we see KD has been hurt. I have been thinking over the last few weeks about the number of players that have missed playing time. That would be Cooke, rollo's mancrush, Kyle and so on. And that is only this season so far!

Thinking back to last year, and the years before. I can't think of any period in the last 20 years that as a team there have been multiple players hurt. It doesn't seem to matter who is on the team and what year it is. Mind you not placing this 'condition' on the coach or staff at least I don't think how that would be related, but we have had players hurt in games, in practice, between seasons, and let's not forget although not an injury the loss of BIG Steve.

What made me post this today was the recent comments after yesterday's game from AM himself. I think he is getting worn by the series of injuries.

Does anyone have a thought as to why? Is UD snakebit? Bad karma? What?

Maybe Figgie has some stat over the years that shows players injured and did not play.

This sequence of injuries is starting to bum me out! Especially when you realize what some of the teams COULD OF been with a full roster a whole season long (Like last year or the year before).
All I can think of is we have some of the most athletic athletes that take more chances with their bodies then we've had in the past. The injuries this season seem to have more to do with landings than pulls or strains.

But the way this team keeps mostly winning shows the greatness of Archie Miller by looking at the evolution of his teams. Back in 2013-2014, at the start of A10 play, Kavs went down and I believe so did Scott and maybe Robinson. We had a real problem in the paint. We started 1-5 in conference play and finished with our most successful season when we got our bigs back. Now we don't have bigs to start the season and we've had a load of injuries and we keep on winning.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
Totally agree. Our guys leave it on the floor, and sometimes the floor wins.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to pmcmullen For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-15-2017), Smitty10 (01-15-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 05:14 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pmcmullen View Post
Totally agree. Our guys leave it on the floor, and sometimes the floor wins.
And we develop more players. XW is a good example.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:27 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
When players stand around and do nothing, they don't get hurt. These kids are playing hard every single game on offense and defense. KD got hurt going out of bounds and tripping over a cheerleader after making a play. Basketball is no longer a non-contact sport. Watch these kids. They are flying around all over the place. No longer on a break is the ball handler looking around for the easiest way for a basket. They are going full bore toward the basket. Unfortunately, in all sports, injuries are part of the game and coaches have to prepare for it. Also, and I am sure it happens but I think long gone is the coach, who throws a player back in knowing he is injured.
Mad Props to Flyer68 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TerryK_67 (01-16-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
All I can think is that if we had Steve and Josh this whole year, we're a top 15 team.

No disrespect meant to Big Steve and his memory, but we sure miss his presence on this team.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (01-16-2017), flyerfan4life (01-15-2017)