User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-19-2018, 12:26 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Goals this season moving forward

What are the goals that would define success for the remainder of the year? Yes, winning out and getting the A10 tourney belt would be awesome.

Realistically, with this flawed and raw roster (and some may say coaching staff), what would make you happy?

Getting a top 4 seed in the A10 tourney?
Winning two A10 tourney games?
Making the NIT?

It has been like 10 days since I have been on the site. Could not make myself do it. Frustrating year to say the least. Making me drink (more than normal)...

CoffeeCan
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2018, 12:36 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
I have no problem with this being a rebuilding year. Obviously, an NCAA berth would be great, but missing the tournament 1 year out of 4 is acceptable in my book.

BUT... UD basketball should never be a team playing under .500 basketball. And should never be outside the top 100 RPI. Those are the goals I'd like to see them accomplish. Even in a bad year, Dayton should be top 100 RPI and above .500.

Low expectations, perhaps. But they're in danger of not even meeting these low expectations.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
BigMacFlyer (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 12:46 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
it's not really about nit, ohter later games. IT's about player development, cohesiveness, increasing defensive schemes and intensity.

That said:

1) Getting Kostas more minutes, focusing on rebounding and offensive positioning
2) Getting Matej some key wing and forward minutes. Finding where he is best shooting the 3 and best passing and playing his role from (Pierre inside key position, or wing?)
3. possibly salvaging Crosby , getting control and confidence in order

4). experimenting with traps or pressing?

5) other 1-3-1 or zones. Getting X williams effective and bought in on D more.

OPen to other ideas.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:48 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
At this point I'm not sure how a few wins & losses either way make a big difference going forward.

Improving on defense, development of Crutcher/J. Davis/Landers/Kostas/Matej are more important than results at this point. Developing a chemistry between Crutch/Davis/Trey on offense and defense since these guys are presumably an important core going forward
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 12:51 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I don't think the goals for the rest of season center around wins and losses, as the examples or questions you offer might indicate. And I don't think AG's goals for the final 3 weeks, at least not publicly, are measured by wins and losses either.

As a fan, I am the eternal optimist and will watch the Flyers in every game until the final buzzer with hope that we can still pull out a victory.

Here are some thoughts/ideas centered around goals for the rest of the season:

Improvement on the defensive end, specifically around defending the perimeter, rotations and communication
Continual trend towards decreased turnovers
Kostas getting more minutes, due to more consistency while on the floor and less foul trouble
Crutcher and JDavis continue to show signs of what's to come and they battle head to head with some of the nation's best backcourts in the weeks ahead - Rhody and SBU
Trey Landers continues to be a beast in all facets of the game, by continuing to stay out of foul trouble and knocking down a few jumpers and triples as well. If his perimeter shot continues to develop, he'll be a matchup nightmare moving forward.
XW figures out what he wants to be a part of moving forward
Cunningham keeps doing what he's done the rest of the year
A few nice "moments" for DD as his Flyer career comes to a close
If the Flyers can deliver on some of these goals the next few weeks, perhaps they deliver a few surprise victories and give us fans some optimism in DC and for the 2018/19 season
Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 01:04 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Making sure the guys that stick around really know the offense, defense and what AG's expectations are for the program is going to be important.

Going into this season everyone was starting from scratch. Having guys that can help get Cohill, Matos and other potential newcomers acclimated to the system over the summer when the coaches have limited contact is going help the new recruits have a quicker impact.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:05 PM
Captain

MikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Personally, I don't think the goals for the rest of season center around wins and losses, as the examples or questions you offer might indicate. And I don't think AG's goals for the final 3 weeks, at least not publicly, are measured by wins and losses either.

As a fan, I am the eternal optimist and will watch the Flyers in every game until the final buzzer with hope that we can still pull out a victory.

Here are some thoughts/ideas centered around goals for the rest of the season:

Improvement on the defensive end, specifically around defending the perimeter, rotations and communication
Continual trend towards decreased turnovers
Kostas getting more minutes, due to more consistency while on the floor and less foul trouble
Crutcher and JDavis continue to show signs of what's to come and they battle head to head with some of the nation's best backcourts in the weeks ahead - Rhody and SBU
Trey Landers continues to be a beast in all facets of the game, by continuing to stay out of foul trouble and knocking down a few jumpers and triples as well. If his perimeter shot continues to develop, he'll be a matchup nightmare moving forward.
XW figures out what he wants to be a part of moving forward
Cunningham keeps doing what he's done the rest of the year
A few nice "moments" for DD as his Flyer career comes to a close
If the Flyers can deliver on some of these goals the next few weeks, perhaps they deliver a few surprise victories and give us fans some optimism in DC and for the 2018/19 season
What he said. I would really like to see an attempt at offensive rebounding. I hate seeing no one trying to fight for them.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
I have no problem with this being a rebuilding year. Obviously, an NCAA berth would be great, but missing the tournament 1 year out of 4 is acceptable in my book.

BUT... UD basketball should never be a team playing under .500 basketball. And should never be outside the top 100 RPI. Those are the goals I'd like to see them accomplish. Even in a bad year, Dayton should be top 100 RPI and above .500.

Low expectations, perhaps. But they're in danger of not even meeting these low expectations.
I agree with this. And coming out of the season, getting rid of the people that don't want to be here. I'm not a fan of "processing" kids, but if you aren't going to buy in and subsequently play, you are wasting everyone's time.

Sad to say we aren't making the NIT short of winning the next 7 games.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:47 PM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
So crazy as this season and conference are this year. Go 3 and 1 and we can finish as high as 5 or 6th. Lose tomorrow and we are then in position to finish in the bottom 4, play Wed nite in DC. I will be there so I still look for that miracle. I went to the UC /Wichita State game. The gap in defensive intensity is as wide as the Grand Canyon in how they play vs UD. I would like to see more of a junk yard culture on defense, closing on the 3 pt shooter with your hand up and making teams earn baskets. I know he is trying to stay out of Foul trouble but we need Josh to help more on D on drives to the basket. What I hope will change next year is our ball pressure. It all starts on D when you push the opponent out and make it difficult for them to run there stuff. deflections, traps etc. Watch the Flyers games ...zero ball pressure and we simply don't close hard on 3s. Hopefully we will see some of that as we finish out, though I am afraid these kids cant do it. Short bench and simply cant defend with intensity for 40 min....hell 30 min!!
Mad Props to flybye For This Totally Excellent Post:
Larymike (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 01:47 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Outside of what’s been said already,
1. Stay in the Atlantic 10 top 10. Preferably get around the seventh spot in the tournament. Top four now is a pipe dream. Is it even mathematically possible?
2. I want to see continued cohesiveness in the back court.
3. I also want better defense.
4. The cherry on top would be improvement from the bench. We can’t continue giving up 10 and 12point leads when our starters are out, and expect to win games.
5. Oh yeah, one more thing, can we stop chucking up threes like a frat boy does beers the morning after a big party? Let’s power the ball inside more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 02:04 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Top goals for the rest of the season:

1. Not play a game on March 7.
2. Play a game on March 9.

Anything else is gravy.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-19-2018), IndianaFlyer (02-19-2018), OSU Flyer (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 02:17 PM
Captain

Browns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Top goals for the rest of the season:

1. Not play a game on March 7.
2. Play a game on March 9.

Anything else is gravy.
This pretty much sums it up.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:26 PM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
r u serious ? we have 4 games left in a dismal season and you ask what are our goals this year ?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:31 PM
Brigadier General

SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
r u serious ? we have 4 games left in a dismal season and you ask what are our goals this year ?
Lighten up Francis, he asked what goals might define success the rest of the season, regardless of how many games that might be.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-19-2018), Tony T 71 (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 02:37 PM
Major General

priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
Outside of what’s been said already,
1. Stay in the Atlantic 10 top 10. Preferably get around the seventh spot in the tournament. Top four now is a pipe dream. Is it even mathematically possible?
Yes. We'd have to win out though, and be 10-8. But SLU is currently in 4th place by themselves at 8-6. So they could finish 8-10, and we could finish 10-8.

Good luck beating Rhode Island! Maybe we can shoot 93% and win by a point or something.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Yes. We'd have to win out though, and be 10-8. But SLU is currently in 4th place by themselves at 8-6. So they could finish 8-10, and we could finish 10-8.

Good luck beating Rhode Island! Maybe we can shoot 93% and win by a point or something.
I didn't dig real deep in to the remaining schedules, but in looking at the standings, it appeared that 9-9 could earn the last bye (4th place), depending on tie breakers. One chip the Flyers do hold in that regard is that of all the 7-7 and 6-8 teams, we own wins over both the 2nd and 3rd place teams - SBU and Davidson and none of those teams will conceivably have a win over RI. It would only help in a tie breaker scenario over teams we had a reg season split with - like hopefully SLU, VCU, Duquesne. We lose the head to head with SJU and GMason and win it with Richmond.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Major General

Someone on one of the A10 boards has done the work of where we are right now...

http://www.basketballforum.com/atlan...8-edition.html
Old 02-19-2018, 03:21 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Finishing 9-9 in conference is doable. SLU and GW at home, LAS and URI on the road. Play well and finish 3-1, play poorly and maybe play on Wednesday.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:47 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Someone on one of the A10 boards has done the work of where we are right now...

http://www.basketballforum.com/atlan...8-edition.html
Look at that conference tourney schedule.

vs VCU ( we are 1-1 with the loss in OT) if win,
vs Davidson (we are (1-0) if win,
vs SBU (we are 1-0)

On the other side of the bracket we need someone to knock off URI and leave Fordham, Duquesne or Richmond in the final.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Brigadier General

I'm not looking at that bracket with any sense that its chalk will hold. Way too much fluidity between 4th and 12th with 4 games still to play.

I appreciate the link priceg75, but I was looking more to how the stars would align at a 9-9 finish and who the other reasonable 9-9 teams might be with the remaining schedules.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
it's not really about nit, ohter later games. IT's about player development, cohesiveness, increasing defensive schemes and intensity.

That said:

1) Getting Kostas more minutes, focusing on rebounding and offensive positioning
2) Getting Matej some key wing and forward minutes. Finding where he is best shooting the 3 and best passing and playing his role from (Pierre inside key position, or wing?)
3. possibly salvaging Crosby , getting control and confidence in order

4). experimenting with traps or pressing?

5) other 1-3-1 or zones. Getting X williams effective and bought in on D more.

OPen to other ideas.
Said another way: the lightbulb coming on and KA, XW and JC busting it in practice with the desire to earn more playing time.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-20-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 03:55 PM
General of the Air Force

I'm not looking at that bracket with any sense that its chalk will hold. Way too much fluidity between 4th and 12th with 4 games still to play.

I appreciate the link priceg75, but I was looking more to how the stars would align at a 9-9 finish and who the other reasonable 9-9 teams might be with the remaining schedules.
Sounds like a job for superFiggie.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:59 PM
Captain

Larymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to all
Buy in on Coach Grant's defensive philosophy and MAJOR improvement in that defense.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Larymike For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-19-2018), jack72 (02-20-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 04:11 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Simple.....just win...if you want to play, then play for keeps, no need to worry, don't be terrified, future is in your hands, take the gun (ball) and count to three and say good bye (to your opponet) just pull the trigger, trigger, trigger and put that ball in the hoops, take that W or its....

Obviously altered the lyrics

Last edited by Avid Flyer; 02-19-2018 at 04:18 PM..
Old 02-19-2018, 04:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Said another way: the lightbulb coming on and KA, XW and JC busting it in practice with the desire to earn more playing time.
I agree with your take on XW and KA, but I think it is clear that the JC situation isn’t effort related, it’s production related. You just can’t keep a PG on floor very long who continues to turn the ball over.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-19-2018), Radar (02-20-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 08:58 PM
Major General

There was a guy who did all the probabilities in the past, but haven't seen it put together yet this year.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:36 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I agree with your take on XW and KA, but I think it is clear that the JC situation isn’t effort related, it’s production related. You just can’t keep a PG on floor very long who continues to turn the ball over.
Agreed. IMHO:

Kostas’s problems are that he needs to get stronger, and learn how to play a non-Euro style of ball. Defense, rebounding, establishing inside position; those kinds of things.

X’s biggest problem is the subject of a song from the musical “D@mn Yankees”. He’s gotta have heart. I get that the coaches that recruited him aren’t here anymore, that this is the first time in a long time that he’s on a team with a losing record, and that he had some health issues early in the season. But you know what? MAN UP! Quit feeling sorry for yourself, get your head out of your arse, and make yourself a part of this team!

Then there’s Crosby, who (more often than not) is his own worst enemy. When he plays under control and within the flow of the offense, he’s a decent player. But all too often, he reminds me of the scene from the movie “Wild Hogs”, when William H. Macy’s character gets nervous on the dance floor, and starts doing “The Sprinkler” and other cheesy moves. Total meltdown. If Crosby could just play like his hair wasn’t on fire, he could make a tangible contribution.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2018, 09:47 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
The goal must be for what has held us back all year, given the players we have... play very good man to man defense. Goal for next year... play very good man to man defense.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:52 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,875 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Agreed. IMHO:

Kostas’s problems are that he needs to get stronger, and learn how to play a non-Euro style of ball. Defense, rebounding, establishing inside position; those kinds of things.

That is a good list of his PHYSICAL problems...most of which can be linked to his PSYCHOLOGICAL issues. Personally, I just don't think he cares about hard work and there isn't much a coach can do about that.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:56 AM
General

Hopefully AG can get him turned around. Our next 6'11 guy is more likely to have the athletic ability Matt Cooper
Posted via Mobile Device