UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-27-2017, 12:36 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
SMU volleyball

I know half as much as much about the technical part of volleyball as probably anyone else on this board. So it's a rarity that I took my granddaughter to see SMU play Houston Sunday afternoon. Counting the Florida volleyball match in Gainesville a week ago, that's two in-person in a week.

But I am a bit hooked. The athleticism is off the charts. More than anything, I am blown away by the vertical jumps of many of the players. A lot of them in the 32 to 38" range.

SMU has won the American Conference two years in a row and is hoping for a third. Their only win in the NCAA's recently came against Texas A&M last season.

Sunday they played a Houston team sporting a losing record. The SMU 3-0 win went 25-23, 25-23, 25-21. In all three sets Houston got to 20 before SMU did. SMU needed lady luck to pull it out. As always some impressive points, but really overall vanilla results.

What I saw was one or two dominant players, but overall mediocre volleyball. Serving was sub-par, with no one possessing a killer serve. 141 points and 4 aces? Is that D1 volleyball?

My guess would be that Dayton would dominate the American Conference just like it has the A10 recently.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (09-27-2017)
Advertisement