UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2017 Match Threads

2017 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
GW Match 2

The ladies started the evening off right and swept GW 3-0. The first two sets were close, but the third was 25-12 (I think). Better result than the home match a couple of weeks ago!
Go Flyers
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (11-10-2017), jack72 (11-10-2017)
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't see the match but notice no Westbeld in stats. Anyone know if she was dressed out? Glad to see Weaver in the rotation again. In this " another week, another injury" year it sure would be nice to have everyone except Jamie available starting next weeend.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:40 PM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
I was at the game. Westbeld was dressed and standing with the other players on the bench. She was just not called into the match. I'm not positive, but I think Jaime was the only player not standing with the rest of the bench. Jaime was holding a clipboard and I guess, tracking stats. I didn't see any of the warm up for Dayton so I don't know if Jaime or Brooke participated in the warm ups.

If there were injuries, they were probably by GW. I thought GW had a very short bench. I didn't see #16 Jordan Young. I thought she was good earlier in the year during GW's match against Delaware, but I never saw her. Some of GW's short bench is probably due to a lack of recruiting and the coaching change.

Dayton got out to big leads early in each set. With the lead the Flyers subbed in Bridget D. to serve when the setter position was in the back row. At the same time Sierra Pla subbed in on the right side. In both the 1st and 2nd set, GW made a comeback when these two were on the court. In the third set, Bridget and Sierra had more success. The third set was all Flyers!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
You might have Westbeld and Olivia Dubay mixed up. Westbeld played 2 of the 3 sets. I don't think Olivia got in. And of course Jamie is out for the year. And Jordan did not play.