User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,282 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
PFL going to 10 teams

Unless the PFL picks up another school, the league will be at 10 teams for 2018 as Campbell will be going scholarship and seek greener pastures.

Last edited by UD62; 02-20-2017 at 06:16 PM..
Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (02-21-2017)
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2017, 04:48 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Unless the PFL picks up another school, the league will be at 10 teams for 2018 as Cambell will be going scholarship and seek greener pastures.
Where are they going?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Captain

NEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really nice
Campbell is heading to the Big South conference

http://bigsouthsports.com/news/2016/...?path=football
Old 02-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
One of the interesting things to watch with Campbell this year will be their depth. As I understand it, they began offering scholarships to their incoming 2017 recruiting class. In order to remain eligible for the PFL championship (and FCS playoff auto-bid), however, those recruits can't play this season. The Camels graduated a fairly large Sr. class (21), so the number of eligible players will be down around 75.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:15 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Kind of amazing that they only started football a few years ago. I watched the field & stadium go up (watched via news video not in person). The first game UD played there I drove into the parking lot early & they were parking cars way over to one side. When the attendant saw my Handicaped sign he immediately told me to go over in the center up by the sidewalk! Then about the 2nd qtr. the Campbell University President came around the visitors side thanking us for coming. Always had a good feeling for that school.

UD didn't play there many times. Helll, with 2 PFL foes in North Carolina they still don't play often in this state!!!

That first game had a funny Friday evening incident. The head of the Flyers Club was at the team's motel & he got a request to go find a grocery store. It seems they needed a jar of dill pickles for the two players - one who drank the juice & the other ate the pickles - all in the name of avoiding cramps. They did it for all hot weather games. The story was even written up on a Sports News internet site in Europe a few years later!

If I were a betting guy, I'd bet this is a mistake for their program. Those southerners like to sit around on the lawn on a blanket under a shade tree across the street from the field. A bit like Saturday afternoon charcoal grillin in the front yard in the UD ghetto. What game you say?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (02-23-2017), PittsburghFlyer (02-22-2017)