Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
New QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator

The Flyers may have a new QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator as soon as tomorrow. Three candidates interviewed last week. This is an important position, so hopefully Chambo and the other coaches will be creative with this hire.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerIllini For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (02-26-2017), NEOFlyer (02-27-2017), Showme Flyer (02-27-2017)
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Showme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant future
Cool let us know Thanks
Old 02-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Captain

NEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really nice
My guess is that the new coach is young that had a solid college career. I wonder if Hoyng was ever considered?
Old 02-28-2017, 11:22 AM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
Looks like the new QB coach/Passing Game Coordinator is going to be Kevin Hoyng. As most of you likely know, Coach Hoyng played QB at Dayton and still holds most of the Dayton records for passing and total offense. Coach Hoyng also previously served as the QB coach, but left a few years ago to become the offensive coordinator at Wittenberg. Needless to say, Coach Hoyng is a "Dayton guy."

Coach King and Coach Hoyng (along with the other offensive coaches) have a great deal of experience and talent to work with. Best of luck to all of them as the Flyers head toward spring practice and the 2017 season.

Note: For those wanting additional insight into the process and other candidates, feel free to PM me and I'll let you know what I know.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerIllini For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (02-28-2017), jaburr91 (03-02-2017), NEOFlyer (02-28-2017), PittsburghFlyer (02-28-2017), Showme Flyer (02-28-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 11:46 AM

Showme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant future
Hearing Frazier and Overman leaving ?
Old 03-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Captain

Yep. Frazier heading to Northwestern and Overman heading to Washington State. Great moves for them, but disappointing for the Flyers. Both seemed like great, young coaches that brought energy to the program.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:19 PM

That's what I heard as well, I agree great move for coaches.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Captain

NEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really nice
Heard that about Frazier and Overman. Heard that the WSU job came out of nowhere for Overman. You could hardly blame either one for those moves.

Overman was well liked by his position players. Hard to believe a little over a year ago Overman was in very comfortable surroundings at little known (at least to me) Wingate and, WHAM!, he's off to a big time PAC 12 school 3000 miles away. Good for him. All the best in the Great Northwest.

I find it interesting how so many college coaches move around. It certainly can't be easy. They really must love what they do.