UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2017 Match Threads

2017 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
GM 2 Match

It should be their Senior Day. They gave SLU 2 good sets, but lost in 3. A set off Dayton would be a very good day, so we need to stay focused and use this match to fine tune some things we haven't been great at this year.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-11-2017)
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2017, 06:50 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Sloan had another big day. That's like 3 of the last 4 matches. She is swinging better than I've ever seen her. I dont know if she will receive A10 post season recognition this year. She was so critical last year to keeping the team on track. This year she suffered an injury and Bruins and Weaver are carrying some of the load now. But she is sure finishing her career on a high.

I remember the year Amanda Cowdrey did not receive any post season recognition and then she willed that team to beat SLU in the A10 Championship. She just would not let us lose that match and she was awarded the MVP of the tourney. I can see Jess doing the same, that's how good she is swinging right now. Best I've ever seen her swing. It's a thing of beauty. She is not as tall or long, but it reminds me a lot of Rachel Kraybacher in the motion of her swing.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-11-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 04:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Sloan earns the last POW award. http://daytonflyers.com/news/2017/11...eek-honor.aspx
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 08:22 PM

Post season awards come out on Thursday if I remember right. I'm pretty sure Amber and Kendall will be in the mix. I also think Margo is in the mix, but she might be dethroned by the VCU player (Stange?) for Libero of the Year. Their stats are basically even, but VCU won the regular season title and that matters.

Everyone else is up for grabs. With so many injuries, works in progress and to be honest, a team effort at OH all year long, will anyone be able to separate themselves in the voters' minds to get enough votes. I think we will have a ton of players getting votes, but that might just split our votes and be left on the outside.

I think the following players will get votes, Bruins, Emmenecker, Sloan, and Weaver. Just don't know if anyone of these players will get enough because the votes will be spread around the team. Bridget should also get votes for the rookie team, and she should get enough to make that team.

It will be interesting. What's important is we play our best this weekend and stack the A10 All Tourney team and bring home the championship and NCAA bid. Go Flyers.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:18 AM
1st Lieutenant

UDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really nice
Bruns should get in, regardless of 6-rotation but I, sadly, don’t get a vote. Would be a shame if Margo didn’t repeat. Tons of defensive POW this year. Amber is a shoe-in, and I think it would be a surprise if Jane were to not finish 4-for-4. But I agree with Becky completely - no telling what will happen overall, and we need to focus on the A10s.
Posted via Mobile Device