Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-13-2018, 10:58 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
UD at SDU

Tough cross country trip and all that ... Lost starting QB early in season ...

Still, Coach Chamberlin has a defensive background, and that's where we're getting beat. If we can't right the ship, could be time for a change. We'll see how deep Mike Kelly's loyalties are.

Tradition is A+, facilities C-? Any new word re: on-campus multi-purpose field for football & lacrosse? That could be a game changer, with a new energetic staff.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=401030577
Mad Props to Columbia Blue For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (10-15-2018)
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Flyers lost 36-34
No comments
Anybody care?
Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 08:58 AM
1st Lieutenant

skyflyerfan is just really niceskyflyerfan is just really niceskyflyerfan is just really niceskyflyerfan is just really niceskyflyerfan is just really nice
Angry Some thoughts

Chamberlin was right. In order to win, UD had to play a perfect game. In many ways the Flyers stepped up to the occasion. USD tried to lose the game, but they didn't let a UD mistake go to waste.

Not much more can be said.
Mad Props to skyflyerfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
I do care that we lost. I love this program and UD is my school. I love all of our athletic programs and Football, Women's Basketball and Volleyball are at the top of my list, but I still root for every one of our teams.

I think our offense can score on anyone in FCS. Our defense can't seem to stop anyone in FCS. I personally believe it is a time to change things up with the leadership of this program. I think we need to clean house and start over. Get that A+ tradition back.

We are looking at our second straight losing season. It is time to look to the future and that means to me that we need a change, particularly on the defensive side of the coaching process. We do need a place on campus to call our own. We need a place where it is easy for our students to be there and to support the team and make the noise they do for other sports.

Until all of that happens, I think we will be a second class citizen in the PFL.

Still, I will never stop supporting the program I love!

Go Flyers!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (10-16-2018), jack72 (10-15-2018), Showme Flyer (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 08:45 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Jack Cook pulls in another national honor
https://www.facebook.com/DaytonFlyer...type=3&theater
He was already named to the Jerry Rice Award watch list.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (10-18-2018), Flyer Gramps (10-16-2018), jaburr91 (10-16-2018), skyflyerfan (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 07:29 AM
1st Lieutenant

skyflyerfan is just really niceskyflyerfan is just really niceskyflyerfan is just really niceskyflyerfan is just really niceskyflyerfan is just really nice
Mad Props to skyflyerfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
The weekend had me out-of-state for a wedding & family reunion. I had someone check their "smart-ass" phone at the reception for the UD score. Sorry we came so close but could not close it. Then we discussed our trip to San Diego once to see a tremendous win in scorching sun that was capped with two defensive stops at the end to save that day. Great memory!!!

WOW! That Cook really had a day! He could eventually be the All-time passing QB. For a single game the book looks like this:

1. Jack Cook 432 yds. 2018
2. Kevin Johns 414 yds 1996
3. Steve Valentino 413 yds 2009
4. Rob Florian 411 yds 2006
5. Kevin Hoyng 408 yds 2007
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (10-18-2018), skyflyerfan (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Just off the Jet

1981Flyer is on a distinguished road
Have to disagree with Cardsflyer about cleaning house. The DC we now have is the same one whose units allowed 19 ppg over the last two years. Real problem is that the defense only has 2 multi-year starters, Nick Surges and David Leisring. The rest, though some did get some playing time last year, are 1st year starters. Contrast that with the offense. Last year, a lot of 1st year starters, and they averaged 21 ppg. This year, lots of multi year starters and they are averaging 32 ppg, with a 1st yr starter at QB no less.

The real problem seems to be in recruiting. Flyers not consistently getting the players to always have the experience on both sides of the ball, like they had in 2015.

As for the San Diego game, I was impressed that the players said they didn’t blame the refs, but wow! That was a poorly officiated game. Only 4 combined penalties the entire game! When there are 85 combined passes and 1100 total yards of offense! When the entire section of fans stands up at the exact same time calling for a hold (yes you # 75 of SD) or a block in the back, or a false start (yes, you # 75 again), then somethings not right. For a game that is this important, it would have been nice to have some officials who didn’t just show up for the check.

Proud of how hard the boys played and looking forward to running the table on the rest of the season.

Go Flyers!!
Mad Props to 1981Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Showme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant future
We have had 3 DB coaches in the last 3 years 3 WR Coaches in the last 4 years only consistence is DC , HC, Oline, RB, special teams I think that is it. Losing Evans hurt but offense is doing fine, the corners need work and can't understand how we go from Stubbs and Searles to not being able to cover, we get burned every game with a long pass maybe recruiting. So lets run the table and catch SD next year at home
Old 10-16-2018, 10:19 PM
1st Lieutenant

Recruiting can be hit or miss. A walk-on can be a 4 year starter.

I think this team has a good group and will build on it.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:58 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Showme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant future
The old saying its not the kids you miss on that hurt you its the ones you get that you miss on hurt you
Old 10-17-2018, 07:58 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
A personal "tribute" about a Flyer from a San Diego Fan.
https://www.facebook.com/larryhansge...type=3&theater
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerIllini (10-17-2018), PittsburghFlyer (11-06-2018), rollo (10-17-2018), skyflyerfan (10-20-2018), ud69 (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 08:24 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Since When Do Non-Scholarship College Football Programs

fire their coaches? I do not agree with this at all. Wins and losses are expected because each game played has one. Football at UD is an extracurricular activity.