UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2015-2016 Game Threads

2015-2016 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-24-2016, 09:06 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
CBS Sports Network game wrapup with CC highlights:

http://www.cbssports.com/video/playe...s-in-the-bronx
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (01-24-2016), Bonziflyer (01-24-2016), Glen Clark (01-24-2016)
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2016, 11:38 PM
Major General

kiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LI Flyer View Post
. Today DD shot 0-3 from the field, had 3 TO's and 3 PF's in limited action.

He's had a sub par year all around. Not saying that Archie should push him out the door, but with Landers coming in, if he asks, maybe he gets told that the grass may be greener on the other side.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kiefaber455 View Post
He's had a sub par year all around. Not saying that Archie should push him out the door, but with Landers coming in, if he asks, maybe he gets told that the grass may be greener on the other side.
LOL.....The cat is a 2nd year player who is needed badly on this team and will be the next 2 years. You'll be a big fan of his once again the games that both CC and DP can't find their strokes and DD hits some huge 3's to help pull out a couple W's.Maybe if he's smoking dope, not going to classes, and not practicing hard but you do NOT suggest he find another place for a freshman-to-be that shoots around 10% from the 3 pt line and makes DD look like he's Steph Curry shooting the ball.
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
He definitely does not handle pressure well. You can see it on his face and how it changes his play on the court. I have to believe that AM and staff already realize that DD is a shooting guard, who can not be trusted to run the offense, even in short spurts.

Other coaches are gonna see that all you need to do is get in his face and he'll make bad decisions, bad fouls, and worse for his game.....uncomfortable shots.

On the other hand, he can be a phenomenal shooting guard, if he isn't burdened with more responsibilities than he can handle, and is allowed to find the sweet spot of his game.

Of course, we really don't have the luxury of DD not being able to handle the PG position, even if just for limited minutes, because Crosby is a freshman and while his handle is way better than DD's, he still needs time to grow into the PG position. Flashes of Holy Sheet amid many more instances of soiled sheets.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBaby View Post
He definitely does not handle pressure well. You can see it on his face and how it changes his play on the court. I have to believe that AM and staff already realize that DD is a shooting guard, who can not be trusted to run the offense, even in short spurts.

Other coaches are gonna see that all you need to do is get in his face and he'll make bad decisions, bad fouls, and worse for his game.....uncomfortable shots.

On the other hand, he can be a phenomenal shooting guard, if he isn't burdened with more responsibilities than he can handle, and is allowed to find the sweet spot of his game.

Of course, we really don't have the luxury of DD not being able to handle the PG position, even if just for limited minutes, because Crosby is a freshman and while his handle is way better than DD's, he still needs time to grow into the PG position. Flashes of Holy Sheet amid many more instances of soiled sheets.
Agree with you here.....Don't think it's a coincidence (iirc) that DD started to play much better when Crosby was playing good productive minutes..DD is NOT a PG and his best position to succeed on this team is both out in transition, out on the wing, and running him threw multiple screens..Seems AM does not do this much in his offense...

For DD to get better and become a real consistent force he needs to learn how to catch and shoot much better, at least the squaring up part and being in a better shooting position once he catches the ball..Pretty easy to see prior to his shot whether it's going to fall or not just based on his positioning..
Old 01-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
DD has always been a mystery to me. I love his ability to shoot, which I believe can be a game changer. And he always seems to have a good ability to see the floor. But as stated, he does not handle pressure well, which leads to bad decisions.
I just can't envision him as a stud or a GoTo type player. Even as a senior, I see him as a really nice complimentary player.
I see the stud progression ... Jordan -> Pierre -> Cooke -> ???
That progression appears to skip DD. Too early to say who the next stud person is, but I put the candidates in the current freshman and incoming Landers.
And honestly that kind of scares me. Seems at risk of having this nice building, moving momentum... and then a gap.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
DD reminds me a lot of Oliver in his progression, or lack of it. The tools are certainly there, but between the ears is the problem. Confidence and not fearing the defender is his biggest obstacle. He rushes shots and yips, even when not closely guarded, and pushes off when he doesn't need to. He has 2 1/2 years to go. Do not write him off. I doubt Landers has half of his shooting ability.

BTW, I think DD's defense is much improved this year.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (01-26-2016), steve (01-26-2016)