UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: 'My Mind was on the State of the Union Speed' Award goes to...
Cunningham 12 pts 7 rbs lackluster performance 19 28.36%
Mikesell 9 pts 6 rbs 1/5 on 3s 3 4.48%
Toppin 11 pts 5 rbs 3 4.48%
JDavis 0 pts 1 rb in 20 min 45 67.16%
Crutcher 11 pts 3 rbs 3 assists but 5/15 shooting 12 17.91%
Policelli 2 pts 1 rb 0 0%
Cohill 7 pts 2 rbs 4 fouls in 17 min 2 2.99%
Landers 8 pts 5 rbs off the bench 4 5.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2019, 06:27 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,877 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
UnGolden *ss Whooping at St. Louis

When you come out flat and slow to react, this is the typical result. To me, the starting 5 seemed confused on both offense and defense. Rebounding was scarce and Toppin seemed invisible.

This isn't a hateful loss, but it puts a serious dent in the A10 Tourny Top 4 finish that we need for seeding purposes.

So who laid the golden billiken last night?? VOTE!!!

King Rollo the State of the Union speech Ignorer...although maybe I should have watched it instead...OUT!
Old 02-06-2019, 07:48 AM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
These lackluster performances are occurring way too often. While pathetic outside shooting is a major factor in the losses, it seems to me we are being outhustled too often in these games. SB outhustled us to a +17 shot differential. GM outhustled us at crunch time. Duq outhustled us for about 25 minutes. St. Louis outhustled us nearly the entire game. We make costly unforced turnovers due to lazy passing and give up offensive putbacks due to lack of boxouts. I'm beginning to wonder if the lack of bench competition is resulting in the starters becoming too casual about their game. Not enough eggs to go around for everybody's face last night.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Don For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (02-06-2019), NJFlyr71 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 07:55 AM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
Crutcher and Cunningham seemed to play lazy and lackadasical. Cunningham may be broken and banged up so I'm more willing to give him a pass. Crutcher was throwing up garbage early in the shotclock and helped contribute to our horrible start. Then when SLU was going on their run he gave the ball away twice.

Crutcher doesn't even try to box out on the offensive glass. I haven't been paying much attention to why our rebounding is poor but it looks like he gets beat on every one. On top of that SLU got some really good bounces that padded their rebound stats even more.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:13 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Dayton Has No Fire in the Belly

They look like a team reluctant to want to play at the start of a game or half. They just show up and take whatever the opponent offers. They never box out or play hard on defense at the start of either half. A new message appears to be in order from the top. Perhaps as individuals they are not very competitive. The effort they produced at SLU will earn them 3 more losses in the next 3 games.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:18 AM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Jordan Davis is killing this team consistently all year. Could have voted for a coupla guys. But gave him the lifetime (non) achievement award for tonight's "performance"
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Lucky me I did not watch on TV ... but over the radio it seemed as if we had a bunch of guys that didn't feel like playing last night.

Snowflakes will not muscle up. Sorry to sound that negative, but Jeez you're playing D1 ball on scholly and this is what you have been doing since maybe 7th grade ... get you head out of your ___ and in the game.

If you needed to study for your Diffy Q or criminal justice exam today then let the coach know so he can play someone in your place ...

Speaking of criminal justice .... there was a crime committed on the StL court yesterday .... someone stole the heart and grit out of the Flyers.

For me I wasn't as disappointed in the loss as much as I was disappointed in HOW THEY LOST!

OH! And I voted for 3 ... you figure it out ....
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (02-06-2019), rollo (02-06-2019), Southwest (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:08 AM

Thanked 1,303 Times in 675 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Voted for all the starters. They all contributed greatly to the loss in their own way, starting with p*ss poor rebounding effort.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,558 Times in 3,703 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Grant!

Why change the starting line up? Never thought of myself as superstitious, but why change what was working and had on us a small role? Obi was still going to get his minutes and then some. We start the game with our leading rebounder on the bench.

Reason #2 for Grant- Cohill is still not getting enough minutes of PT. Heard someone say he was a +9 in the first half last night, which is amazing considering our score. He finished the game a +9, perfect shooting, only 16 minutes played. Yes I know he picked up his 4th foul with like 7 minute to go in the game, but I do not think he returned. Last time I checked you get 5 fouls before you sit.

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 02-06-2019 at 09:18 AM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-06-2019), Radar (02-06-2019), rollo (02-06-2019), UDGutter2 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:21 AM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Why do we vote for multiple people now? Good or bad, multiple votes is like handing out participation trophies. Or in the case of last nights game, Lack of Participation trophies.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
superfan99 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:22 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Didn’t see enough of the game to draw a true conclusion, but can get enough of an idea based on a couple of stat lines to cast a vote in a poll like this. Even though the boards were huge in this game, I split my vote between our starting guards, Jalen and Jordan.

Figures may lie, and liars may figure, but 2 figures that don’t lie are (1) Jalen shot horribly from the field last night, including 1-6 from behind the arc, and (2) he was whistled for 0 fouls last night - none. Those are signs of someone who’s not actively participating in the game. When the non-participant is your point guard? That’s a problem. Then, in Jordan’s case, there was no real stat line to see. 0-2 from the field, 1 rebound, 2 turnovers, and 2 fouls in 20 minutes. That’s half a game of “meh”. In a game against a top league rival, “meh” doesn’t get the job done.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Captain

MikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to behold
There was no all of the above including the coaching staff, so I didn't bother to vote.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (02-06-2019), San Diego Flyer (02-06-2019), Southwest (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:32 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
the whole staff would have had my vote.

SLU was not that big of a mystery. Our mental preparation was AWOL. They beat us with effort and muscle. Game was over in less than 5 minutes with a double digit hole.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:36 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
I voted for Davis, because he just stunk, no fire, no will. He just let us get beat badly and made no attempt to stop it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:57 AM

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
Coming home from Chaifetz with yet another rash .......
Old 02-06-2019, 10:30 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Yes, we played poorly.
But how can any of us sit here and say "we lost because the players did not try".
I accept loses because on that given night the other team played better.
I never take a loss because "our players did not try"
They may have looked bad, they may have not boxed out on D boards, guards may
have shot poorly, JC did not play well.....those are physical things we can see via the "eye test".
None of us can see what was in the players heart last night.
I wish we'd stop blaming loses on lack of effort. That's why they play the game.....
to see who is playing better on any given nite. Last nite StL played better.

When we beat StL in a couple weeks will it be because we played better or because StL just wasn't trying?
Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
NYCFLYER (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I too am not a fan of the multiple votes but if our King sees it fit who am I to argue. So as a lowly peasant I voted for Jordan, who had a complete no show, and Josh who was absolutely terrible offensively and has been in a number of games this year. I get that he gets doubled, and tripled teamed at times, but he needs to figure out a way to get the ball to the open man when this happens. Or better yet I don't think his strength is posting up so lets stop trying to force feed it to him on the block. He seems to be more effective patrolling the baseline and being found when there is penetration for a draw and dish.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
"Everybody"
Old 02-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Piqua Flyer '66 View Post
Yes, we played poorly.
But how can any of us sit here and say "we lost because the players did not try".
I accept loses because on that given night the other team played better.
I never take a loss because "our players did not try"
They may have looked bad, they may have not boxed out on D boards, guards may
have shot poorly, JC did not play well.....those are physical things we can see via the "eye test".
None of us can see what was in the players heart last night.
I wish we'd stop blaming loses on lack of effort. That's why they play the game.....
to see who is playing better on any given nite. Last nite StL played better.

When we beat StL in a couple weeks will it be because we played better or because StL just wasn't trying?
You didn't see more energy and emotion from the St. Louis players than the UD players??? Then maybe I was watching a different game because it looked pretty evident to me.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:43 AM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Piqua, to call this lack of effort is a misnomer. We did not play physical on the boards, but part of that is the athletic traits of our players. Mikesell is not a physical rebounder, Landers is undersized, Josh is hurting and Obi has not been a great rebounder all year. Obi needs to learn to rebound better.

With that said, last night was a team poor effort. No one played a very good game. I vote for Davis, because he gave us zero and is capable of being the second best player on this team. Something is going on there, and I hope that Josh and the coaches can get a grip on it, before it leads to a transfer.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
I am going with Grant. The lineup change made no sense to me. Toppin is great energy off the bench, and Dayton needed energy off the bench last night.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:23 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Feeble effort
Unwilling to box out
Beat on hustle plays
Agonizingly lazy passing
Repeating too often
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
Unfair to single out one person - the whole team was outworked and couldn't box out my Grandma.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:48 PM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
On a day when we desperately needed some shooting, 0 points from our starting off guard was soul crushing. Like he wasn’t even there.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:16 PM

Thanked 1,303 Times in 675 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (02-07-2019), OSU Flyer (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 01:27 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
*$100 and history says I get a red pip for this comment

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Why do we vote for multiple people now?
Why? Because the majority of comments I get about the (un)Golden Polls demands it! I'll be more than happy to revert back to 1-person-1-vote and gladly defend it against the wishes of Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortz*, but until I hear otherwise, I'm sticking with multiple votes.

FWIW, very few are voting for more than 1 Flyer. For example, in the great win vs Duquesne, a total of 124 votes were cast by 104 Priders. From my Royal perspective, the multiple vote policy is being used responsibly. If it's abused, I reserve the right and have the obligation to go back to the future and give everyone 1 vote.

So let it be written!
So let it be done!!
Old 02-06-2019, 02:26 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
Jordan Davis is killing this team consistently all year. Could have voted for a coupla guys. But gave him the lifetime (non) achievement award for tonight's "performance"
I like Jordan. I think he's really improved on the defensive end this year and plays hard on that side of the ball (one of the reasons for the defensive improvement as a team)

it kills the team when he's a non factor on offense especially shooting the ball

He's gotta figure out way to become consistent
Old 02-06-2019, 02:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Why? Because the majority of comments I get about the (un)Golden Polls demands it! I'll be more than happy to revert back to 1-person-1-vote and gladly defend it against the wishes of Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortz*, but until I hear otherwise, I'm sticking with multiple votes.

FWIW, very few are voting for more than 1 Flyer. For example, in the great win vs Duquesne, a total of 124 votes were cast by 104 Priders. From my Royal perspective, the multiple vote policy is being used responsibly. If it's abused, I reserve the right and have the obligation to go back to the future and give everyone 1 vote.

So let it be written!
So let it be done!!

You just always seemed like the last person on earth to hand out participation trophys, even though you and uncle Bernie do sometime act alike

Thanks for posting the polls, and glad to hear most priders still only vote one time. One vote, forces us to use our brains and think a bit, instead of just randomly clicking on our favorite player and anyone else we think played well.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 03:09 PM

You just always seemed like the last person on earth to hand out participation trophys, even though you and uncle Bernie do sometime act alike
I'm wondering how the million-heirs would react to their Royal Father changing his Will so all the golden assets only go the most valuable family member as voted upon by My Royal Highness?? Might I finally start coming home to a well manicured palatial estate, clearly shoveled drive or freshly cooked meal?

But I guess the better question is whether or not I should include the Queen as an option!! I wonder how that might change things around the you-know-what!

You may be on to something Sir Vice King Clayton! Might I ask how you plan to divide the royal double-wide? And I don't mean with a chainsaw...

Last edited by rollo; 02-06-2019 at 03:14 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-06-2019), CT Flyer (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 03:33 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by rollo View Post

You may be on to something Sir Vice King Clayton! Might I ask how you plan to divide the royal double-wide? And I don't mean with a chainsaw...
My kids would both rather have the royal double wide, given its location and the toys that come with it

If the queen of Clayton does not slow down on her spending and vacations, won't be anything left to divide anyways! She has taken my work hard party harder comment too far.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:43 PM

TOYS!!! Oh my...

My kids would both rather have the royal double wide, given its location and the toys that come with it

If the queen of Clayton does not slow down on her spending and vacations, won't be anything left to divide anyways! She has taken my work hard party harder comment too far.
Maybe we should change your name to SlingerFlyerFan?

ClaytonFlyerFan (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
For the most part I stick to a single vote, and in this case with the entire team taking the gas pipe Davis inhaled a little more than the rest!
Old 02-06-2019, 11:33 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, you are all correct. Total disaster! Whatever perceived toughness existed in Bahamas, is nonexistent at this point. So often you watch games today, and it leaves you scratching your perverbal head wondering what the heck happened to the basics of basketball? And can coaches at this level not demand that said basics be a complete and total priority for the team and the game plan? As often as SLU threatend to runaway with the game, they keept letting us back in it, only to have the Flyers make decisions as if they had zero game/time/score awareness at all.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 12:36 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I was more upset over this game than any other game this season. That is why it has taken two days to even comment! Effort (or the lack thereof) is something that was totally missing! My sons soccer coach had a term for the kind of passes which result in turnovers by the Flyers. He called them hospital passes! Lazy passes that defenders can read and steal the ball especially because you telegraph them first with your eyes! The kind of turnovers we have been making lately and especially in this St. Louis game are really sorry to see and are from a total lack of effort. Lackadaisical, would be the term I would use.

That being said, since I can only vote for one instead of seven I give my vote to Jordan Davis because his stat line showed the most lack of effort!
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jay O'Leary (02-09-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 09:43 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Imagine your mindset if we had lost by 1. I think the critical home loss to George Mason was more distasteful than this one. We just ****ed that one away.

We totally disrespected SLU and as a result, never had a chance to steal a road game.

No argument with your analysis though.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
UD, imo, did not disrespect SLU. They just aren't good enough to win against adequate teams on the road and especially one predicted to win the A10 after coming in losing 4 straight games. This was set-up perfectly for SLU to flex their muscles against a very average, at best, UD rebounding team, a terrible UD FT shooting team, and an even worse UD 3- point shooting team. Those are terrible ingredients to have to play against average teams let alone on the road against good teams..
Old 02-08-2019, 04:02 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
acknowledging the dredging on the boards, how can a team in college basketball win games like this and George Mason when your guards don't give you anything on the offensive side of the ball?

Josh and Obi are good players but they're not good enough to cover up guard play