User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Anybody got the Duquesne webcast?

Its getting close to game time, and so far nothing.
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I've got nothing also.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Just listening to Larry & Mike. Can't believe the incompetence of this webcast business.

Computer on refresh said my .DLL could be wrong. Ran a free scan, fixed 6 problems but nothing seems to work. On All-Access link from Flyers web I can't even get index to show what games are available.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Lieutenant General

bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Gramps, it isn't your computer. Mine is in first class shape with the fastest line Comcast has and I get nothing at all.

This will be the second football game that has been advertised as being webcast that has NOT been webcast. Moreover, the games in other sports that are supposedly archived are very often not there for viewing even weeks after the event. I complained about this on the Flyers site and the contest I wanted was finally put in the archives, but it took almost three weeks and a complaint on my part before it happened.

CBS (or UD) has real problems.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Yea Bobber, last year I called & complained to cstv about long time to archive. Once it helped, other times nothing happened.

I get different results using the link to launch from the Flyer site versus going direct to all-access.cstv.; but no game.

I got a call from Cleveland and no webcast there either.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The problem lies with CBS....truely incompetent. I would be embarrassed to put my name on this product.

cbs or cstv tech support 888 870-2788.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
WOW. CBS just stated they are having major technical difficulties and cannot broadcast ANY games at this time.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Colonel

I have Game Tracker working! At least I see some stats.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Is anyone at UD listening?
Old 09-26-2009, 02:11 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by bobber View Post
Is anyone at UD listening?
Listening to what? This is a cbs cstv problem that all universities are experiencing.

BTW I have the annual package which allows me to view any uni or any sport and everything is blank. Nothing is being shown.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Colonel

I can't believe this Game Tracker!!!!!!!!!!

They had the TD pass to Bellman posted way before Larry called it on my WHIO link. Then the x-point was posted 15 seconds before the radio feed!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Lieutenant General

Yeah, I understand that today is a complete wash nationwide, but does that explain the Urbana game back on September 12th? Was the whole nation blanked out then too?
Old 09-26-2009, 02:39 PM
General of the Air Force

See if you can get the Lotto numbers!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Colonel

Are you guys watching the stats on GameTracker?

We're killing them except on scoreboard.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Lieutenant General

Yes, and it's funny that the GT is about 30 seconds ahead of the radio call.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Colonel

The Fat Lady is in the House!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Colonel

I hate prevent defense.

Sometimes it prevents a win.
Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
DetroitFlyer (09-26-2009)
Old 09-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Colonel

Final UD-24 Duq-17

Rush Pass 1st dn Possession

UD 170 272 22 33.5 min.

Duq 153 173 16 26.5 min.

What now? Who starts PFL season at QB?

Great win, revenge?
Old 09-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,452 Times in 781 Posts
DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Tino

Originally Posted by Flyer Gramps View Post
Final UD-24 Duq-17

Rush Pass 1st dn Possession

UD 170 272 22 33.5 min.

Duq 153 173 16 26.5 min.

What now? Who starts PFL season at QB?

Great win, revenge?
If Tino is not our QB the rest of the way, I would have to seriously question the coaching staff. Tino will only get better as the season goes on. He is the only player we have with the tools for our spread offense to be effective....
Old 09-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Colonel

7:00pm and the webcast is here! Check for Past Games.

Audio is almost here, commercials from studio are good. Same flickering hand-held camers. This is like TV in 1949 except in color!
Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (09-27-2009)
Old 09-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Colonel

Moving Ahead 7 years (quickly)

Must say that UD webcast has finally made some giant leap in quality since the 2009 season. The 2016 Central State webcast had a clear picture, audio in time with game, quick replay of plays, full-time clock, score & quarter and did not end before the game! This stuff was not possible 7 years ago. Congrats to progress at UD and the PFL in finding a better way than cstv. We used to wait until mid-week of the following week when the flim was archived and then watch UD Football!

Sure, the audio isn't the greatest; one could never really learn much about the players & their names by listening. but the game was "view-able".

This thread was typical of olde times. Check some frustration & remarks made that Saturday of the Duquesne game.

Try this link for another issue: http://udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10857

And here's a link to how some kept up with a road game. Notice too the activity of Priders posting not just the play-by-play but post game & next day! Rather quiet in 2016 don't you think? http://udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10960

Last edited by Flyer Gramps; 09-07-2016 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: added another olde thread
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerIllini (09-07-2016), PittsburghFlyer (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
FlyerGramps: Thanks for the perspective. I'm always at the games, but it's good to hear that the video is pretty solid now.

As for the level of posting on this board, it has been pretty disappointing. If you took away PittFlyer, Neoflyer and me, there wouldn't be much left. I've tried to direct most of the newer parents to the site, but I suspect they are "lurkers," and not posters (which is fine). Hopefully, things will pick up now that the season is underway.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Captain

PittsburghFlyer is on a distinguished road
Quiet Board

I agree Gramps that our football threads have really thinned out this year. I think it is in large part to the graduation of a number of players whose parents posted a lot. Also, Detroit Flyer, probably our most loyal non parent fan has been missing in action for a good year and a half. He always brought enthusiasm and a deep desire for the Flyers to be successful. Hopefully a bunch of the younger parents get involved soon this year.
Mad Props to PittsburghFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerIllini (09-07-2016)