User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 11:43 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 5 Flyers earn All Ohio

Congrats to Williams, Beljaun, Liberteen, Smigel and Melchert.

Dayton was the only NCAA D-I women’s soccer program in 2011 to have three players reach double digits in goals scored.

Four of the five flyers return for the 2012 season. Williams was named previously as an All American.

http://daytonflyers.com/news/index.html?article_id=8385
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
I hate to sound like a broken record, but these All-Whatever lists are incomplete and subject to intense scrutiny when Emily Kenyon gets no mention. You wonder if anybody actually got in their car and watched some matches.

I thought Allie Giner got hosed last year, but the omissions of Kenyon on every list this year has taken under-appreciation to an off-the-charts level. She did everything right this year, played by the rules, sucked it up and switched from MF to D for the good of the team, and look what it got her.

Oftentimes in these voting panels, there are rules and restrictions on how many players can be nominated from certain teams, etc. I dont doubt in the slightest that there may be forces at work that even put UD in a bad spot in terms of trying to recognize every qualified player on a ballot for others to vote for.

Still, it stinks.

I told a DI head coach the other day that if I was a WPS coach or scout, the best graduating senior prospect out of the A10 that could play at the next level is Kenyon because she has "pro" size, speed, tackling ability, and a huge foot. The flip throw-ins add that extra gravy. A pro club would be stupid not to give her a tryout.

We lose two other matches this year if EK doesnt save our bacon in the back.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".