Comment

Article Tools Display Modes
They Said It, Not Me
They Said It, Not Me
Published by Swampy Meadows
11-17-2017
They Said It, Not Me

WEST BLOOMFIELD (MI) -- We all knew it was coming:

No way, no how were the Flyers gonna go 30-0 in the regular season.

The losses will come and a little more frequently than perhaps we are all accustomed to with the Red and Blue. But that’s part of having a young, relatively inexperienced team vs. last year’s senior laden squad. Our collective expectations have got to be somewhat fluid, as the guys learn and grow into their roles.

Rather than bore you with my .02 cents worth I thought I would peruse the various social media outlets and see what everybody else thinks.

Here we go!

Chris Rieman, Head Cheese, UD Pride

Flyer fans need to relish the growth process much like BG’s second season when UD lost Ramod & Co. Stay big picture focused. If you just count W/L, you’ll unfairly project other teams on this one. New team, new dynamic. Dig in and have fun w/it.

Self inflicted wounds. We are very young and inexperienced and fans must recognize this isn't last yrs team. Defensively it may be struggle all year. Probably got beat by better team. Their guards ate us for dinner. Movin' on.

Larry Hansgen, The Voice of the Flyers

Disappointed in final score, but not disappointed in how @DaytonMBB played

Adam Gutheil, Flyer Fan (and participant in last year’s David Jablonski Twitter All Star Extravaganza)

I try not to tell people how to be a fan, but come on. They’re going to have ups and downs. It might be painful to watch at times. Hopefully by February they are much improved. That’s all we can ask.

The myopic “now is all that matters” sports worldview is silly. New coach, new staff, everyone in a new role...it’s ok to step back and rebuild.

Kostas was a bit of a revelation tonight. He’s still raw and out of game shape. Finished at the rim, hit the glass, and blocked/changed about a dozen shots

Showey D, Flyer Fan (who actually watched last year’s David Jablonski Twitter All Star Extravaganza live online)

Tough loss. There will be nights like that this year. Just get better each month.

It’s an extremely young team that you hope gets better as the year goes on. Some good and some bad tonight. I think there will be a lot of close games

Grant Kelly, A-10 Talk.com

Dayton started bad, but looked good the final 30 minutes. Ended up on the wrong side of calls tonight. Gotta bounce back tomorrow.

I don't know how successful Dayton is going to be this year, but through 2 games, the Flyers certainly haven't lacked in the thrill factor...

The Duke 2003, UD Pride MB poster

Kostas is a very different player than Giannis, and that's not a bad thing. As long as he plays within himself and plays his game and doesn't try to emulate his brothers game the potential is still extremely high. Based on how CAG is using him so far, I think he's on a good path.

Keith Raad, Blogger, The Dayton Dish

The Flyers played like a young, timid team early. Offense was lethargic and wince-worthy. Outside of Darrell and Kostas, the Flyers were looking around to see who was going to step up. They didn't get blown out by 30. They didn't get embarrassed. But they did not play well. They're a young team with a long way to go. But you have to beat Hofstra. The Flyers did not.

Season Ticket Fan, UD Pride MB poster

Often finishing games starts with defense. Last year's senior class would use their tough-minded defense to help them finish games.

Time to see what the Flyers have learned as they face David Jablonski’s alma mater, the Ohio Bobcats and then either Larry Bird U or ODU on Sunday.

That’s it “From the Swamp.”
You can email me at: swampy@udpride.com
Article Tools
By Hessman23 on 12-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Archie left the cupboard semi-bare but I predict by mid-year they will be playing much more together AND......the freshmen will no longer be freshmen.
Comment

Article Tools