User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 05:02 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
OSU BUCKEYES HOME & HOME with FLYERS?

Dayton paper says it could happen.

http://click.e.daytondailynews.com/?...98d41aceaf8965
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
46 Chambers Alumni (11-07-2019), Bill McPeek (11-07-2019), Columbia Blue (11-07-2019)
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2019, 06:24 PM
1st Lieutenant

Bigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of light
Click bait
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bigtimeflyersguy For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (11-07-2019), NJFlyr71 (11-08-2019), Radar (11-08-2019), rollo (11-07-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 07:19 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bigtimeflyersguy View Post
Click bait
Posted via Mobile Device
Dam right it is. And I get 0.001 cents per click so pony up and start clickin' I only need 1000 clicks to get to my goal of 1 penny!!!!!

Besides who else is talkin' 'bout this possible game besides Sullivan and Gene Smith?

It couldn't be UD posters now could it?
Old 11-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
I think it'd be great. I understand there are a lot of nuances in scheduling, but i'd love to see it happen.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
I am sure Ohio State fans feel about playing UD the same as UD fans feel about playing Wright State or Miami. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (11-08-2019), jack72 (11-08-2019), Lowd&ProUD (11-08-2019), m21eagle45 (11-08-2019), MNFats (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,570 Times in 5,078 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I am sure Ohio State fans feel about playing UD the same as UD fans feel about playing Wright State or Miami. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.
Yes, I get that. They don't need more difficulty on their schedule with the quality of B10 basketball. But that doesn't stop us from beating them in the Big Dance.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I don't agree with this.

If Wright St invested anything close to what UD invests in men's basketball and Wright St fans showed up en masse at UD Arena, the way the Flyer Faithful would show up in Cbus, I think UD fans would be a little more interested in playing Wright St.

Knowing UD's history (both well past and more recent), I think Ohio St fans would like to see the game played.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (11-08-2019), superfan99 (12-11-2019), UDGutter2 (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
I really never thought OSU would want to play us again on purpose. In the 80s we beat them 2 out of the 3 year contract. They beat us once in tournament sometime ('90s NIT?) and then we stunned them in 2014 with the late shot NCAA win. I still get a lump in my throat watching the replay of that ending, lol.
If they're are brave enough to play us again, bring them on!
Old 11-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I don't agree with this.

If Wright St invested anything close to what UD invests in men's basketball and Wright St fans showed up en masse at UD Arena, the way the Flyer Faithful would show up in Cbus, I think UD fans would be a little more interested in playing Wright St.

Knowing UD's history (both well past and more recent), I think Ohio St fans would like to see the game played.
And somewhere (probably not) there is a WSU message board with a poster saying the same thing about ud fans
Mad Props to TX Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 04:26 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
TXFlyer, I'd believe that if they'd consistently beaten UD. NOT!
Old 11-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 66flyer View Post
I really never thought OSU would want to play us again on purpose. In the 80s we beat them 2 out of the 3 year contract. They beat us once in tournament sometime ('90s NIT?) and then we stunned them in 2014 with the late shot NCAA win. I still get a lump in my throat watching the replay of that ending, lol.
If they're are brave enough to play us again, bring them on!
It was a 4 year contract in the 80's. OSU won at St. John's. Then Dayton won the next 2, home and away, before OSU CRUSHED UD at the Arena in Donoher's last season.

The NIT game Dayton lost to OSU was in 2008, Wright came back from his injury for it.

Then there was 2014. . . .
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-08-2019), Glen Clark (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 04:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,558 Times in 3,703 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post

The NIT game Dayton lost to OSU was in 2008, Wright came back from his injury for it.
Wow, seems like this game was just a few years ago, time sure flies.

What I remember about the NIT game is the Flyer Faithful being much rowdier than anything the Buckeye basketball fans had ever witnessed. Even though we were out numbered at least 2 to 1 by OSU fans, we were much loWder pregame and most of the first half, until the dead beat Buckeye fans finally woke up. Great atmosphere, we just did not counter the Buckeyes half time adjustments and faded down the stretch.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 04:44 PM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
I don't agree with this.

The fact that we spend more than WSU, have a better program, more rabid fan base, etc, etc. is irrelevant.

We are a notch below the likes of OSU in their eyes and there’s nothing to gain from their perspective by playing us.

They win ... so what? ... supposed to.

Lose? Ouch.

No different than us vs. the Wright State’s and Miami’s of our world.

Our great arena, attendance, and recent Elite 8 run doesn’t get us anywhere near the clout that many in Dayton believes it does/should.
Mad Props to Lowd&ProUD For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 05:16 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TX Flyer View Post
And somewhere (probably not) there is a WSU message board with a poster saying the same thing about ud fans
And how would the fans on that board explain the fact that Wright St invests nowhere near what UD does and the fact that Wright St would not boost attendance at the game - UD already sells out just about every game. There is no doubt in my mind that the total attendance in CBus at the UD/OSU would be higher than just about any game - conference or non-conference game.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
The fact that we spend more than WSU, have a better program, more rabid fan base, etc, etc. is irrelevant.

We are a notch below the likes of OSU in their eyes and there’s nothing to gain from their perspective by playing us.

They win ... so what? ... supposed to.

Lose? Ouch.

No different than us vs. the Wright State’s and Miami’s of our world.

Our great arena, attendance, and recent Elite 8 run doesn’t get us anywhere near the clout that many in Dayton believes it does/should.
We are talking fans. Not the schedule makers. I don't think the majority of fans are as tuned in to the whole strength of schedule, quad wins, etc. as UDP posters. It is not only the affect on strength of schedule and w/l record that turns many fans away from playing Wright St or Miami. Wright State's and Miami of the world have apathetic fans bases. If that was not the case, I think many more UD fans would increase their interest in such a game. I give OSU fans more credit. I think their enjoyment of a game when the Schott is half filled with UD fans would go up immensely.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:13 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Living and working in CBus I can tell you it is nowhere near the same thing as UD/WSU from a fan’s perspective. I was at the NIT game and the atmosphere was truly electric. I can’t tell you how many OSU diehards said they wished they would play local teams like UD all the time and how great it was to be in Schott for that game.

People still talk about the rowdy UD fans from the PU and OU games in 2015. They don’t get it about us but they sure appreciated the passion. This years TBT finals game was no different. They were also stoked about playing UC. Most OSU fans here would be fine with the game.
Posted via Mobile Device
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-08-2019), ClaytonFlyerFan (11-08-2019), Columbia Blue (11-09-2019), flyerfanatic86 (11-12-2019), UDEE79 (12-05-2019), UDGutter2 (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 08:07 PM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't I remember this same conversation last year? And nothing happened.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by swish61 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't I remember this same conversation last year? And nothing happened.
I think the conversation here started because Holtman mentioned playing the in-state schools which he did with UC first in line. Not sure it continues but that’s what sparked the optimism.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,414 Times in 671 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Living and working in CBus I can tell you it is nowhere near the same thing as UD/WSU from a fan’s perspective. I was at the NIT game and the atmosphere was truly electric. I can’t tell you how many OSU diehards said they wished they would play local teams like UD all the time and how great it was to be in Schott for that game.

People still talk about the rowdy UD fans from the PU and OU games in 2015. They don’t get it about us but they sure appreciated the passion. This years TBT finals game was no different. They were also stoked about playing UC. Most OSU fans here would be fine with the game.
Posted via Mobile Device
I talked about this with a doctor of mine who is a very big OSU booster. He told me at the time that there were a lot of them that wanted to see OSU play the good local teams like Dayton and Cinci, but that Thad was the only reason they wouldn't.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by flyerfanatic86 View Post
I talked about this with a doctor of mine who is a very big OSU booster. He told me at the time that there were a lot of them that wanted to see OSU play the good local teams like Dayton and Cinci, but that Thad was the only reason they wouldn't.
There were a few of Thad's early years where the Schott rocked for most games. Since then, there have been very few games where the Schott has rocked at all. From a going to the game perspective, I have to believe the fans that go to the games would rather play teams that would bring some energy to that arena.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:59 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Neutral site game at Quicken Loans in Cleveland
Old 11-12-2019, 03:33 PM

Thanked 15,877 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
There were a few of Thad's early years where the Schott rocked for most games. Since then, there have been very few games where the Schott has rocked at all. From a going to the game perspective, I have to believe the fans that go to the games would rather play teams that would bring some energy to that arena.
My loins have produced an OSU grad, an OSU student (and millions of explosive experiences) who both love basketball but are bored stiff with tOSU hoops. They went to the UC game only because I bought them awesome seats and for tomorrow’s game vs Villanova (#10) ALL students get free admission. ALL! (So I’m off the hook for Ticketmaster). The Schott sucks for sports. Only there would a #16 vs #10 required free student seats to pack the place. And - like UC - there will still be 3000+ empty seats.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (11-12-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 03:51 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
My loins have produced an OSU grad, an OSU student (and millions of explosive experiences) who both love basketball but are bored stiff with tOSU hoops. They went to the UC game only because I bought them awesome seats and for tomorrow’s game vs Villanova (#10) ALL students get free admission. ALL! (So I’m off the hook for Ticketmaster). The Schott sucks for sports. Only there would a #16 vs #10 required free student seats to pack the place. And - like UC - there will still be 3000+ empty seats.
Posted via Mobile Device
The Schott was a big mistake especially with a venue like Nationwide Arena opening up so soon after

They would have been better off just renovating St. John
Old 11-13-2019, 12:47 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
I said this last year and I will say it again. if Ohio State ever plays us in Columbus, it will be at St. John Arena. It has about 5000 less seats, which means 5000 fewer of us can get in there and provide an embarrassing look for the buckeyes on television. this would decrease Flyer fan attendance from 9000 to 2000. as indicated by Rollo‘s post above, people don’t care about Ohio State basketball until sometime between December 29 and January 8. how do I know? I have no problems booking Dayton game watches in Columbus in November and December.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2019, 01:51 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
I live in Columbus now and I know of no one who cares about the basketball team. There is not 1 person talking about tOSU vs. Villanova. 4th page news of the sports section. I guarantee if I told someone I was going to that game they would say "oh, they play tonight??"

Every non-UD game I've attended there is a morgue. Rivalry or not. People love to beat Michigan but other than that they might as well be playing Wright State.

The difference is, Wright State has a very real potential to kill our whole season if we lose, because it's going to be a bad loss, while tOSU losing to UD has a trivial chance of killing their season. It likely means we're pretty darn good that year ("good loss").
Old 11-13-2019, 01:53 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Seating chart for tonight's game shows almost every section available.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:35 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
OSU basketball is BACK! They made UNC look like HBU last night.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:47 AM
Commander in Chief

Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
OSU is balanced and deep. They might be the best team I have seen play so far this year. Very good defensively.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:49 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Don't they have a message board?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyers98 (12-05-2019), jack72 (12-05-2019), m21eagle45 (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 07:38 AM

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Back? They never really went away. They make the NCAAT practically every year, 2 Final 4's with Matta, etc.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:38 AM

Being ‘back’ at Ohio State is more a function of enthusiasm and attendance than records. Buckeye Nation basketball fans could care less about just making the NCAAT. They want and expect S16 or better every year. They had to give student free seats when #10 Villanova came to the Schott...that’s how little interest there is on campus about hoops. After thumping UNC last night, the students will show up. And if they start packing the Schott we’ll know if they’re ‘back’ or not in the minds of their fans.
Posted via Mobile Device
ud2 (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Fell asleep with about 13 minutes to go in that game. When I woke up and saw the score a collective four letter word preceded by the word holy came out of my mouth.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Colonel

Depending on how things shake out, I wonder if the committee would consider putting us on the same side of the bracket for a second round match up in Cleveland? what a hot ticket that would be!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2019, 08:58 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,558 Times in 3,703 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
Depending on how things shake out, I wonder if the committee would consider putting us on the same side of the bracket for a second round match up in Cleveland? what a hot ticket that would be!
Posted via Mobile Device
No way a #1 and #2 seed meet up that early

It would be interesting to see the best offense in the country collide with one of the best defenses in the country.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
When did this become OSUPride?
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TX Flyer (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 09:04 AM

Obi would posterize Wesson so often that he’d be in concussion protocol by halftime.

My Team 79
_uckeyes 72
Posted via Mobile Device
BeckysTXA (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 09:35 AM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
And I thought I was going to get more information about a home-and-home.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (12-05-2019), SLUFLYER (12-05-2019), TX Flyer (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
And I thought I was going to get more information about a home-and-home.
You expect to much from this board
Old 12-05-2019, 09:52 AM
Commander in Chief

Obi would posterize Wesson so often that he’d be in concussion protocol by halftime.

My Team 79
_uckeyes 72
Posted via Mobile Device
I like Wessons physicality and defense. We could use an enforcer like him on our team. But Obi is Obi, and I'll take him over anything else out there. I try to soak in each game that he plays for us, because he is a rare special player who is very likely getting snapped up by the NBA soon. Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited by Fudd; 12-05-2019 at 09:56 AM..
Old 12-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I like Wessons physicality and defense. We could use an enforcer like him on our team. But Obi is Obi, and I'll take him over anything else out there. I try to soak in each game that he plays for us, because he is a rare special player who is very likely getting snapped up by the NBA soon. Enjoy it while you can.
He has turned into what we thought C Wright would be. Nothing against Wright as he is still one of my all time favorites
Old 12-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
No way a #1 and #2 seed meet up that early
I like the projection of UD as a #1 seed
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill202 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-05-2019), flyerfanatic86 (12-06-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 04:35 PM
1st Lieutenant

CJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by flyerfanatic86 View Post
If anyone remembers the 2014 selection show when Dayton was announced to play OSU and im paraphrasing here but Clark Kellogg made the comment you cant run from them anymore Thad.

Clark would be a guy that would have firsthand knowledge of the scheduling at OSU. Hopefully the two AD's cant get this done.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:09 PM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't agree with this.

If you really took a poll of UD fans I think you would be surprised by the level of support.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:26 PM
General

Being ‘back’ at Ohio State is more a function of enthusiasm and attendance than records. Buckeye Nation basketball fans could care less about just making the NCAAT. They want and expect S16 or better every year. They had to give student free seats when #10 Villanova came to the Schott...that’s how little interest there is on campus about hoops. After thumping UNC last night, the students will show up. And if they start packing the Schott we’ll know if they’re ‘back’ or not in the minds of their fans.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think the Schott is ever going to be packed again no matter how good the team is
Old 12-05-2019, 10:41 PM
Major

Go-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by UDEE79 View Post
If you really took a poll of UD fans I think you would be surprised by the level of support.
I agree with UDEE79, I want UD to play WSU for the fun of playing a backyard team. I really don't care if they spend money on their program, or if it will help us get into the NCAAT. I miss the rivalries that modern scheduling denies.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:45 AM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
OSU played UC this year, because UC has a known good team and program. Next year could be a OSU and UD game, because both will have good teams, coming off of great seasons.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:11 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Go-UD-Go View Post
I agree with UDEE79, I want UD to play WSU for the fun of playing a backyard team. I really don't care if they spend money on their program, or if it will help us get into the NCAAT. I miss the rivalries that modern scheduling denies.
Referring to Wright State, we would probably get a q2 road game out of this, if q2 games are meaningful to the selection committee, then there would be some justification for the game. And this year we decided to play even more buy games than normal, so I would rather play this series than play more unhelpful buy games.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:48 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Charleston Southern was not a buy game, it was a Maui on the Mainland game.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
OSU played UC this year, because UC has a known good team and program. Next year could be a OSU and UD game, because both will have good teams, coming off of great seasons.
UC is also a state school. There probably is some pressure to play them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-06-2019, 02:25 PM

That is beside the point. The last several years we have played 6 or 7 good ooc games, this year we only played 5. We could have still played Charleston and just dropped one of the other buy games in order to make room for Wright State or some other non-buy game. Charleston for all intents and purposes was a buy game, I am sure we had to pay them to play us. I would be very surprised to hear that we did not have to pay Charleston anything.

Last edited by ud2; 12-06-2019 at 02:27 PM..
Old 12-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
That is beside the point. The last several years we have played 6 or 7 good ooc games, this year we only played 5. We could have still played Charleston and just dropped one of the other buy games in order to make room for Wright State or some other non-buy game. Charleston for all intents and purposes was a buy game, I am sure we had to pay them to play us. I would be very surprised to hear that we did not have to pay Charleston anything.
ud2, still spreading the sunshine
Old 12-06-2019, 03:43 PM

Charleston was a Maui on the Mainland buy/guarantee game. The four other Maui on the Mainland teams get paid to play at the island-headed teams' arenas.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...4e888f946.html

Last edited by ud2; 12-06-2019 at 03:45 PM..
Old 12-06-2019, 04:45 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I don't always want to play WSU, but when I do, I want to play them on MLK Jr day!
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-07-2019)
Old 12-06-2019, 04:56 PM
General

I think a neutral site game in Cleveland at the Cav's arena is the best chance to play OSU
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-06-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 11:36 PM
Captain

murphy98 has a spectacular aura aboutmurphy98 has a spectacular aura about
I’d love to see an all Ohio Invitational
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2019, 08:38 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by murphy98 View Post
I’d love to see an all Ohio Invitational
Posted via Mobile Device
We know. And UD2 wants a 15/15 split, Piqua wants the Gem City Jam on MLK Day and Blackburn on the court where the TV cameras can see it.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 12-11-2019 at 08:40 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-11-2019), longtimefan (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 08:39 AM

Some people dream.
Others hallucinate.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-11-2019), The Fly (12-11-2019), TXFlyerFan (12-11-2019)