User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Kudos to the A-10

This from ESPN. I agree completely. The A-10 hit an absolute home run adding Davidson.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=123...espnapi_public
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23340

This is the thread from 2013 that discusses Davidson addition to the A10...many here were happy...a couple others not very excited. Good read now that we know it was the right call.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:21 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23340
. Good read now that we know it was the right call.
So we are saying based upon the results on one season we made the right call? I for one, am the type guy who prefers to look at the long term results, so ask me again in say 5 years. Yes, I do think we probably did make the right call, but what is to say Davidson isn't the next Fordham for our league?

I recall a year ago many on here were bashing a certain conference who appeared to be having a down year, and now that conference sits #2 in RPI.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:29 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
So we are saying based upon the results on one season we made the right call?
Since I speak for everyone I guess you could say that's what 'we' are saying!
CE80 (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 11:31 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
So we are saying based upon the results on one season we made the right call? I for one, am the type guy who prefers to look at the long term results, so ask me again in say 5 years. Yes, I do think we probably did make the right call, but what is to say Davidson isn't the next Fordham for our league?

I recall a year ago many on here were bashing a certain conference who appeared to be having a down year, and now that conference sits #2 in RPI.
I would agree with you that we need to wait 5 years if Davidson was not performing well on the court but I think we know that Davison has the coaching, facilities and fan support to say right now they were a good addition. Their coach will leave eventually but I think for them it will be an easier transition given that he was there so long and probably not leaving for another job.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-02-2015), Flyer 86 (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 11:46 AM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I would agree with you that we need to wait 5 years if Davidson was not performing well on the court but I think we know that Davison has the coaching, facilities and fan support to say right now they were a good addition. Their coach will leave eventually but I think for them it will be an easier transition given that he was there so long and probably not leaving for another job.
I tend to agree with this, however, I keep thinking back to Larranaga who was at George Mason for 14 years. He left, and the program seems to be going down the dumper. But do agree, doubt Davidson coach goes anywhere after being there for 25 years.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute

I see your point, but using Fordham is a poor example and weakens your argument. I could come up with 10 reason off the top of my head why Davidson will be better than Fordham in the A10. The only thing associated with Fordham basketball that has more tenure then McKillop is Rose Hill Gym. Fordham has never won twelve league games since joining. The list goes on and on.

Davidson will have to learn to guard much better if they want to compete regularly for conference championships, but I expect McKillop will be able to make that adjustment in a year or two with either personnel, system or both.
Mad Props to Whacker For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 12:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
I see your point, but using Fordham is a poor example and weakens your argument.
Fordham was the quick and easy target in the A-10. They are not alone at typically being near the bottom of the A-10.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
You can almost take it to the bank that Bob McKillop will be at Davidson until he retires, and that Matt McKillop will be the next head coach. I'm not sure what I think about that, but that's what's going to happen.
Mad Props to xubrew For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 12:17 PM

I wish Marquette was at the bottom of the A10 every year. If we can't recruit them to the A10 after this disastrous season, maybe Fordham can just change their name to Marquette-Harlem.
College B-Ball Fan (03-02-2015), Gazoo (03-02-2015), JimBo (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 12:28 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Davidson has some good young players, a good tradition, a good location, great coach and good facilities. They will compete for awhile.

Amazing to me how they came into Ohio and recruited a few very good players away from four very good programs.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Davidson...

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Davidson has some good young players, a good tradition, a good location, great coach and good facilities. They will compete for awhile.

Amazing to me how they came into Ohio and recruited a few very good players away from four very good programs.
They have been recruiting Ohio for 30+ years!