Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Just off the Jet

Ike is on a distinguished road
BIG 10 Football or Basketball School

This thread got me thinking. There are clearly basketball and football schools in the BIG- IU=basketball, Penn St = football, OSU=football UM=football. As an alum of MSU (and UD) I'm curious as to which category MSU falls into? If you go back as far as the 50's and 60', and now recently MSU is certainly a football school. But over the past 30+ years given 2 national championships and several final 4's once could make a case for basketball.
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2015, 09:48 AM
General

Thanked 4,341 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
There are schools that are kind of, sort of both. Where football is good, football will always be king (when its good). Football just lends itself significantly better to the casual fan, there is the tailgating, mostly good weather for a significant portion of the time, far fewer games, so less you have to pay attention to, and all of those games fall on the weekend, when most people have more free time.

For now, MSU is both. Obviously the basketball program is rocking and the support is sky high, and the football program, as you noted was awesome in the 50s & 60s, then has kind of lagered for a while until recent seasons. Michigan is similar, with the football program in a tail spin for the last 2 decades, while the basketball program is solid. OSU has a solid BBall program, top 20, but the football program is such a giant its tough for other sports to get attention comparatively.

Illinois is a weird bird, I've always felt like they should be routinely in the top 20 of football, large state, lots of quality athletes, good exposure, it never happens in football, and comes in waves in basketball. I think the rise of Wisconsin athletics over the last 20 years has ate into a lot of the kids that Illinois would have traditionally recruited from chicagoland.

Indiana, is the only program in the BIG that I envision as capable of being at or near the peak of the basketball world on a regular basis, but little to no hope of establishing much of a football tradition.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
MSU is a basketball school. Never heard of them before D'Antonio on the gridiron other than a couple random good years. Won't hear of them when he's gone. They seized an opportunity created by the void of UM in the conference. Blip in the annals of time. I'm sure of it.

Last edited by FLYER5; 06-05-2015 at 10:02 AM..
Old 06-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Groce is a good coach and should.....should.....get a fifth year. But the cards may be stacked against him.

First off, he has a losing record in the Big 10. All Illini coaches from Lou Henson on down have had very good, winning, records in conference. That goes for his predecessor, Bruce Webber, who was let go with a winning conference record and a fair measure of success in March to boot.

Then too, Nanna Igwu (sp?) who was a fixture for the Illini in the lane has graduated and his replacement, Maverick Morgan (remember him) doesn't seem ready to step in even as an upperclassmen. Unless Groce can come up with a big, shot-blocking, scoring, rim protector out of thin air, the Illini may be in trouble. He may still succeed by getting a good big from somewhere, or by playing small ball with the talent they have in abundance, but you have to feel his seat is starting to feel warm.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
MSU is a basketball school. Never heard of them before D'Antonio on the gridiron other than a couple random good years.
The ghost of Bubba would disagree:

MSU legend {All American} Bubba Smith...dominated...on a defensive unit that led the NCAA in rushing defense (45.6 yards per game) and scoring defense (6.2 points per game...Michigan State held three of its 1965 opponents to negative rushing yards: Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame.
{READ THAT LAST SENTENCE AGAIN!}

Smith was part of two national championship teams -- 1965 and 1966
(To be sure--they were a couple of astoundingly great years)

(Defensive End) Bubba was the first overall pick in the 1967 NFL draft.
Mad Props to forego1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-05-2015)
Old 06-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Great player. Random, like I typed. Bubba's class made a whole program relevant over its life? You need to string more of them together than that or people will say that you were lucky as a program to have that run. cough, cough. Basketball school. Most would agree.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ike View Post
This thread got me thinking. There are clearly basketball and football schools in the BIG- IU=basketball, Penn St = football, OSU=football UM=football. As an alum of MSU (and UD) I'm curious as to which category MSU falls into? If you go back as far as the 50's and 60', and now recently MSU is certainly a football school. But over the past 30+ years given 2 national championships and several final 4's once could make a case for basketball.
There's been a thread hijacking.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-06-2015)
Old 06-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
http://writingillini.com/2015/06/05/...i-news-652015/

Illinois site also saying they think he is favoring Illinois. "6'7 215 lb beast" would be nice to have!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,426 Times in 827 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a tweet that suggests otherwise. Only Cunningham knows for sure ...

Mark Gram ‏@mkg59 4h4 hours ago

@JonRothstein Jon, I was told that Josh Cunningham has decided to transfer to Dayton. Is this true?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jack D (06-05-2015), longtimefan (06-05-2015)
Old 06-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Here's a tweet that suggests otherwise. Only Cunningham knows for sure ...

Mark Gram ‏@mkg59 4h4 hours ago

@JonRothstein Jon, I was told that Josh Cunningham has decided to transfer to Dayton. Is this true?
Who the hell is Mark Gram? I hope he's correct, but is he not just a random guy? I could tweet the same thing
Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (06-08-2015)
Old 06-05-2015, 04:26 PM
1st Lieutenant

PinehurstFlyer will become famous soon enough
Afetr a quick google search, I am going to post a wiki on Mark Gram:
Mark Gram: See Ivan Renko
Mad Props to PinehurstFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
224 (06-05-2015)
Old 06-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,859 Times in 720 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
@sheg 4m 4min ago Jon, is it true that Lebron James has petitioned the NCAA to restore his eligibility and wants to attend Dayton?

has as much credibility right now
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (06-08-2015), CE80 (06-05-2015), Figgie123 (06-08-2015)
Old 06-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
http://bradleyfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25315&page=2

Not sure this is worth any more than that guy's tweet (he also tweeted me to say the same thing - I figured he was trolling but I'm not sure).

Interesting to see some chatter that he may pick UD after all. Personally, while I just want to know, I'm fine for the guy to take as long as he wants to make the right decision. If you already committed and spent a year at a place, then you're transferring, you'd better do your homework and make the right decision for yourself, because if you decide to transfer again, you have screwed yourself out of a year of eligibility (or, you're unhappy for a couple years). Anyway, I haven't lost interest, and I'm sure Archie hasn't either. He's proven to be super selective when it comes to filling these last roster spots. While I have no doubt at all that we are in great shape for the 2016-17 season without Josh Cunningham, if you can add a top-100 talent to the team, you'd love to do so. Unless I'm mistaken, we've only had three top-100 recruits at UD in the last couple decades or so: Jordan Sibert (who had a fabulous career here), Chris Wright (say what you will, he was a great player for us), and Juwan Staten (who I must admit was really quite good for WVU).

So let's hope if Cunningham pulls the trigger to become a Flyer, his last three years are like the other guys' on that top-100 list.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (06-06-2015), Flyer 86 (06-10-2015), FLYER5 (06-06-2015), San Diego Flyer (06-07-2015)
Old 06-06-2015, 11:37 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,129 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
No offense to anyone...but are we talking about LaBron James, or what? I'm sorry. but if UD isn't good enough for this kid, then simply go away and good luck. From everything I've read about him, it would be great to get him if he fit in with AM's culture and our existing crew, but if he's a prima donna I'm fine with him going anywhere that suits him. Sorry... I'm tiredof this stuff...he won't do better than UD and if he chooses elsewhere, God bless him, but I won't care. "nough said!
Old 06-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Brigadier General

THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bat'71 View Post
No offense to anyone...but are we talking about LaBron James, or what? I'm sorry. but if UD isn't good enough for this kid, then simply go away and good luck. From everything I've read about him, it would be great to get him if he fit in with AM's culture and our existing crew, but if he's a prima donna I'm fine with him going anywhere that suits him. Sorry... I'm tiredof this stuff...he won't do better than UD and if he chooses elsewhere, God bless him, but I won't care. "nough said!
I guess I don't understand. You say you're "tired of this stuff." What stuff? Tired of a guy taking his time to make a decision? Cunningham has been anything but ostentatious about this decision. There's been plenty of speculation by others but no announcement from him, no "look-at-me" announcement, etc.

It isn't about UD maybe not being "good enough" for him, or really any recruit for that matter. It's about him finding the best fit for the next 4 years. I hope it's Dayton because I think he's a very good player. I don't know what LeBron has to do with anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (06-08-2015), Fudd (06-07-2015), Gazoo (06-08-2015), Glen Clark (06-08-2015), m21eagle45 (06-07-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 09:49 AM

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I suspect Josh has pro potential of some degree, and to that end he may want to be the featured player wherever he goes. With the pedigree of players we have, and have coming in, he is going to have to work for it at Dayton. He may see that vision more achievable at Illinois. I think Vee Sanford and Jordan Sibert both got all the exposure they needed to the NBA scouts. And playing in the NCAA's each year didn't hurt either. He will likely get that at UD. At Illinois, not so much. If his goal is to be a savior to a program stuck in the mud, more power to him.

Think he should take all the time he needs so he thoroughly understands were he fits in both programs. Then let the chips fall.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,615 Times in 5,096 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get worked up about recruiting anymore. Let these guys take whatever time they want to choose. Despite all of the recruiting "experts" and their self-assured ratings of players, you just never know what you've got until you see it play out for some time.

College basketball is more of a coaches game, where how you use what you have got and how you develop what you've got is almost as important as what you've got.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
TommyGola (06-07-2015), ud2 (06-07-2015), ud69 (06-07-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
http://bradleyfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25315&page=2

Not sure this is worth any more than that guy's tweet (he also tweeted me to say the same thing - I figured he was trolling but I'm not sure).

Interesting to see some chatter that he may pick UD after all. Personally, while I just want to know, I'm fine for the guy to take as long as he wants to make the right decision. If you already committed and spent a year at a place, then you're transferring, you'd better do your homework and make the right decision for yourself, because if you decide to transfer again, you have screwed yourself out of a year of eligibility (or, you're unhappy for a couple years). Anyway, I haven't lost interest, and I'm sure Archie hasn't either. He's proven to be super selective when it comes to filling these last roster spots. While I have no doubt at all that we are in great shape for the 2016-17 season without Josh Cunningham, if you can add a top-100 talent to the team, you'd love to do so. Unless I'm mistaken, we've only had three top-100 recruits at UD in the last couple decades or so: Jordan Sibert (who had a fabulous career here), Chris Wright (say what you will, he was a great player for us), and Juwan Staten (who I must admit was really quite good for WVU).

So let's hope if Cunningham pulls the trigger to become a Flyer, his last three years are like the other guys' on that top-100 list.
Posted via Mobile Device
Pretty sure Silky Smooth Tony Stanley and Brooks were Top 100 guys. Could be wrong. Lot of hoopla around their recruitments
Old 06-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Pretty sure Silky Smooth Tony Stanley and Brooks were Top 100 guys. Could be wrong. Lot of hoopla around their recruitments
Hey, if a guy's career ends up something like Stanley, Hall, Wright, Sibert, or Staten, that ain't bad. I think Rodney Horton was a top-100 guy too, and Chip Hare too. So, uh, there's that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (06-07-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
Que sera, sera
Old 06-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Matt Derenbecker was a top 100 guy too.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
THirt (06-10-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Overreact much? Wow.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,129 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
That last "Post" was the curmudgeon in me rising to the top. Look, it seems it would be a good "get" if Josh Cunningham chooses UD, but I don't get the anxiety level that seems present on whether or not he decides to come here. BTW, the reference to LBJ was in regard to him being a player that is a "natural", a "game changer", a transformative recruit that can take a program to the highest levels...in other words, the type of kid that comes along only once every twenty or thirty years.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:05 AM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Both Dayshon (106 on Rivals) and Kyle (100 on scout) were near or around top 100 talents. Both Matt and Chip Hare were top 100 guys, I believe Andy Meyer as well, definitely Rodney Horton. Marcus Spearman was up around top 100 as well. The star system is nice, but it doesn't mean much once a kid steps on a college court for the first time. As you can see, its a mixed bag of results, a lot depends on how hard a recruit is willing to work once they step foot on campus. Not everyone's talents translate from HS to college, some guys peak early, some guys peak much later or overcome obstacles that cause the star guys to downgrade them.

The HS ratings and freshman production shows that this kid has talent. If he attends UD, will he outwork and outperform Williams or Miller for playing time? Will he try to force things outside his abilities despite the coaches telling him otherwise? Got no clue, so ultimately, in Archie I trust. To date, his eye for talent and his ability to develop that talent has proven excellent. Nobody will hit on all of them, but more often than not, players under Archie improve incrementally year to year, I doubt this kid would be any different.

Give him all the time he needs to make a decision, as far as I can tell, he hasn't made any drama out of it, he's been rather quite. Perhaps he's waiting for things beyond his control to clear up so he make confidently make a choice he'd like to have made last week.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
That last "Post" was the curmudgeon in me rising to the top. Look, it seems it would be a good "get" if Josh Cunningham chooses UD, but I don't get the anxiety level that seems present on whether or not he decides to come here. BTW, the reference to LBJ was in regard to him being a player that is a "natural", a "game changer", a transformative recruit that can take a program to the highest levels...in other words, the type of kid that comes along only once every twenty or thirty years.
Good point about " a game changer." Who talked about Indiana State basketball before Bird arrived and since he left?
Old 06-08-2015, 10:11 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
When would a transfer be expected to start working out with the rest of the team? If he is coming, isn't it time to get on campus?
Old 06-08-2015, 10:17 AM
General

the 2nd summer session begins June 22, which is typically when new recruits arrive on campus and start taking classes. Since he's a transfer, different rules may apply; he may need to wait to make sure how many credits will transfer over.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,536 Times in 781 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
When would a transfer be expected to start working out with the rest of the team? If he is coming, isn't it time to get on campus?
Speaking of "starting to work out with the team" what the status of our Strength and Conditioning coach? Is he still at UD? I have not seen or heard anything since the original incident.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:24 AM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
According to this article, Illinois players are reporting this weekend and their summer sessions are starting a week from today.

http://bigstagehoops.com/2015/06/08/...sh-cunningham/
Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Would not be uncommon for transfers to first report when fall classes start when they made later decisions. At this point, Cunningham may make a decision and just wait for August. He can't play, and he will have an entire year to get ahead on academics. Summer reporting us as much about getting ahead of the progress toward a degree requirements as it is basketball work outs.

He might make a decision soon and he might not. The timing won't be driven by the summer work out schedule.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 03:10 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
Would not be uncommon for transfers to first report when fall classes start when they made later decisions. At this point, Cunningham may make a decision and just wait for August. He can't play, and he will have an entire year to get ahead on academics. Summer reporting us as much about getting ahead of the progress toward a degree requirements as it is basketball work outs.

He might make a decision soon and he might not. The timing won't be driven by the summer work out schedule.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's definitely coming soon as he's been quoted as saying he wants to be on campus for the start of the second set of Summer classes. He also told numerous reporters this past weekend that the decision would be coming very very soon. Expect it by the end of this week.
Mad Props to bhflyer5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (06-08-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
So here's an article that basically says Illinois can do better than Josh Cunningham.

http://writingillini.com/2015/06/09/...class-of-2016/
Old 06-09-2015, 04:42 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
So here's an article that basically says Illinois can do better than Josh Cunningham.

That looks like someone writing a preemptive article so they can save face when Cunningham doesn't choose Illinois.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (06-10-2015), San Diego Flyer (06-12-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 05:31 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Alex, Who is Rees Woodcock? for 50
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (06-11-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Brigadier General

N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that's a hard one to answer . . . .
Old 06-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute

We already have done better than Josh Cunningham on many occasions.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,915 Times in 1,085 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DGO67 View Post
Actually we have much better than Illinois has for quite a few years ....
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (06-09-2015), Gazoo (06-10-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Major General

NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Who thinks this thread has gone on long enough for a recruit that has not signed on yet?

Let me see some hands please!

Let's move on until this guy makes his mark.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (06-09-2015), Sid Louick (06-09-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 09:08 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
Who thinks this thread has gone on long enough for a recruit that has not signed on yet?

Let me see some hands please!

Let's move on until this guy makes his mark.
No offense, but move on to what? It's the offseason.
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (06-10-2015), bhflyer5 (06-10-2015), Browns (06-10-2015), CE80 (06-10-2015), Flyer 86 (06-10-2015), flyerfanatic86 (06-10-2015), jack72 (06-09-2015), Justin (06-10-2015), SLUFLYER (06-11-2015), THirt (06-10-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
I repeat . . . "Que sera, sera"
Old 06-09-2015, 09:09 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Any relation to the employee on the trains that Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid kept robbing?
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
runnerup (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
The gym teacher in the movie "Mr Woodcock" ?
Old 06-10-2015, 03:35 PM
General of the Air Force

He is the guy that wrote the article on WritingIllini.com. My point was - is he anyone that we should really be listening to, one way or the other?
Old 06-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Major General

He is the guy that wrote the article on WritingIllini.com. My point was - is he anyone that we should really be listening to, one way or the other?
He is not offering info regarding where Cunningham will end up, so there's not much for a Flyer fan to "listen to'" but if I were an Illinois fan, I'd hope Cunningham wasn't hearing all that noise. I've read some of their fans opinions, and it's pretty humorous. Many seem annoyed that he's even considering Dayton, and the longer it goes on, the more annoyed they get, and the more convinced they seem to be that they don't want him.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Major General

Ah! Is this a True or False question?

Old 06-10-2015, 04:47 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
If players do the proper research I think they will find that Archie's system gives them a chance to showcase their talents offensively and defensively.

On offense his scheme is very friendly toward players who can put the ball on the floor, pass and shoot. He also wants to run at every opportunity. What's not for a player to love when considering UD?

Archie hasn't helped a player reach the NBA yet but it will happen.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:29 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, you could say that Archie helped CJ get to the NBA.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Major General

Archie has recruited, developed and coached NBA players. He hasn't been a head coach long, but even as an assistant he played a big role - CJ, Courtney Lee, probably a guy at Arizona or OSU, hopefully Sibert.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:44 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
And Illinois.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Major

cralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond repute
I will agree with that but I think we have done worse far more often than we have done better. You never know for sure but I am thinking he will turn out to be a keeper
Old 06-10-2015, 09:06 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Archie has recruited, developed and coached NBA players. He hasn't been a head coach long, but even as an assistant he played a big role - CJ, Courtney Lee, probably a guy at Arizona or OSU, hopefully Sibert.
tks good point!
Old 06-10-2015, 09:09 PM

Thanked 6,170 Times in 4,200 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cralford View Post
I will agree with that but I think we have done worse far more often than we have done better. You never know for sure but I am thinking he will turn out to be a keeper
Agree, he is a four star, top 100 player, you take as many of those as you can get.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-13-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
@joehoopsreport
Former Morgan Park star and Bradley transfer Josh Cunningham is headed to Dayton. The 6-7 forward a really nice pick up for Flyers
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (06-11-2015), Buster Goode (06-12-2015), Flyer14 (06-12-2015), frisco flyer (06-11-2015), Gazoo (06-12-2015), Glen Clark (06-12-2015), IndianaFlyer (06-12-2015), San Diego Flyer (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,477 Times in 1,111 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Reading on Twitter that Cunningham is going to be a Flyer!!!!!

Welcome to UD Josh!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:54 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,115 Times in 2,611 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Josh Cunningham headed to Dayton!

I know it was brought up in the other thread but that one is cluttered like crazy. This young man deserves a whole new fresh one.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 5m5 minutes ago

Dayton has landed Bradley transfer Josh Cunningham, sources told ESPN. Good pickup for the Flyers.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 4m4 minutes ago

Bradley transfer Josh Cunningham has committed to Dayton, source told @CBSSports. Former Top 100 recruit.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 2m2 minutes ago

Bradley transfer Josh Cunningham is headed to Dayton, source told ESPN. Former top-100 recruit. Three years remaining. Really good pickup.

Welcome to the Family! Way to go Archie!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (06-12-2015), FLYER5 (06-12-2015), flyhi524 (06-11-2015), San Diego Flyer (06-12-2015), TMPH66 (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
Woo hoo! Welcome Josh!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Brigadier General

Awesome news. Having him in the program for the next four years will be great. Archie will be so good for his development. Can slide in for Pierre in a year and we won't miss a beat. I'm very happy to welcome him to the program.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2015, 09:02 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Niiiice!!!
Old 06-11-2015, 09:12 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 7m7 minutes ago

Archie Miller has Dayton set up for another special two-year run. Flyers will only lose Dyshawn Pierre after next season. Class of A 10.

Mark Adams chimes in

Mark Adams ‏@EnthusiAdams 5m5 minutes ago

Former Bradley/MVC freshman stand out Josh Cunningham headed to Dayton. Flyers are reloading for the next 3-4 years. Best UD run since 60's!
Old 06-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Captain

flyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of light
From Sports Director of Peoria ESPN affiliate radio station.

@hoijim The guy who first told me Josh Cunningham was coming to Bradley last year is now telling me Cunningham to Illinois.
So much for the integrity of this guy!

Go Flyers! Go Archie!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyhi524 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Dillomernda (06-11-2015), San Diego Flyer (06-12-2015), ud2 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Administrator

UDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Bradley's Cunningham transferring to Dayton

Bradley's Cunningham transferring to Dayton

Rest of the story...
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDPride SportsBot For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer14 (06-12-2015), FLYER5 (06-12-2015), Gazoo (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 09:30 PM
General of the Air Force

David Jablonski ‏@DavidPJablonski 4m4 minutes ago

Cunningham on UD: "I like the family atmosphere and the size of the school and success they have had on the court." @daytonmbb #TrueTeam

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...on-over/nmbhc/

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 06-11-2015 at 09:39 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-12-2015), Gazoo (06-12-2015), San Diego Flyer (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 10:29 PM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
This is a major coup for the Flyer staff. The timing will be perfect with the graduation of Dyshawn Pierre. I can't tell you how fortunate we are to have this coaching staff. I am beginning to think we have one of the top five coaching staffs in the country, of course with
Archie at the helm!!!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (06-12-2015), Sea Bass (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 10:32 PM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
One other comment...we have the makings of a Final Four run in the 2016/17 season as our talented sophomores become seniors and we add Cunningham into the mix. Why would Archie ever leave when he has created THE TEAM with that kind of potential????
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-13-2015), Flyer14 (06-12-2015), Gazoo (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Article from Chicago paper on Cunningham's transfer...

http://highschoolcubenews.com/2015/0...erring-dayton/

Sounds like a good fit to replace Pierre but w less of a 3pt shot (23%) but better rebounder (had 21 in a game as a freshman).
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-12-2015), Sea Bass (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Lieutenant General

bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, someone pinch me.

Does our cup ever runneth over!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:47 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
What does it mean in Jablonski's article when he writes, "He doesn't know yet if he will enroll at UD"?
Old 06-11-2015, 11:58 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
What does it mean in Jablonski's article when he writes, "He doesn't know yet if he will enroll at UD"?
Sid, it was a typo which has been corrected should have said he doesn't know if he will enroll for the second summer session or just in the fall.

Big time get for us!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-12-2015, 12:23 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
Ok, someone pinch me.

Does our cup ever runneth over!
Depends how fast you're sipping. Nice to be in that boat for a change.

Notice how some NBE fans are softening their stance on Dayton joining the NBE....no not X fans.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:13 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
Depends how fast you're sipping. Nice to be in that boat for a change.

Notice how some NBE fans are softening their stance on Dayton joining the NBE....no not X fans.
No, no. no ...

If the NBE ever expands (which it never will) it will certainly take in UConn and Gonzaga. That is a well known fact.

No more discussion.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:36 AM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
No, no. no ...

If the NBE ever expands (which it never will) it will certainly take in UConn and Gonzaga. That is a well known fact.

No more discussion.
Yes of course. And Notre Dame too. Things are looking up in the NBE. Yes sir they are.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:56 AM

Thanked 17,159 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Josh, like all new faces, must prove himself. College success is largely 40% application, 40% effort, and 20% innate ability.

Matt Dellavedova wasn't born like Kyrie Irving. Few are. And for the 98% of college players that aren't, you gotta grind your way to personal and team success.

Here's hoping Cunningham embraces that challenge. He will get out of being at Dayton what he chooses to put in. No more no less. A year to work the system will benefit him, much like Vee and Sibert -- and hopefully Cooke.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (06-12-2015), SeasonTicketFan (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 04:11 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
No, no. no ...

No more discussion.
I can't see Gonzaga,they have made their mark.They don't need the NBE
Old 06-12-2015, 06:47 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
"I like the family atmosphere and....success they have had on the court."

Two things we didn't have a lot of lately until Mr. Archie Miller came in.

I love this pick up - I think he will be a stud for us.

Last edited by Buster Goode; 06-12-2015 at 07:11 AM..
Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 07:42 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
If Gonzaga ever goes to the NBE they should rename the conference "The Continental Conference".
Old 06-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know this kid very well, but he averaged 8 and 8 as a freshman in the MVC.

He is a good player.

And this is like double payback for Meacham. Frankly, I don't know that Trent ever would've made the difference that I think Cunningham can make over the next couple of years. We're talking about things like "how far can we get in the tournament in the next couple of years" now instead of "can we make the NIT" like we were when TM was here.

I know people won't like this post, but tough cookies.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-12-2015), TerryK_67 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 08:12 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by cj View Post
If Gonzaga ever goes to the NBE they should rename the conference "The Continental Conference".
Something like that already taken .... I think they passed the Constitution
Old 06-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by shapanud View Post

Sounds like a good fit to replace Pierre but w less of a 3pt shot (23%) but better rebounder (had 21 in a game as a freshman).
I think as a freshman he was at about where DMO was as a junior - can do a lot of things, and just a beast on the boards. Hopefully, he finds his shooting stroke too like DMO did, but good chance he'll find it well before his senior year.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:16 AM
General

Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
I don't know this kid very well, but he averaged 8 and 8 as a freshman in the MVC.

He is a good player.

And this is like double payback for Meacham. Frankly, I don't know that Trent ever would've made the difference that I think Cunningham can make over the next couple of years. We're talking about things like "how far can we get in the tournament in the next couple of years" now instead of "can we make the NIT" like we were when TM was here.

I know people won't like this post, but tough cookies.
I don't know that it really relates to TM, it's really all new players in the mix at this point.

When TM was here he set the program back 2 years. We would have likely been an NCAA team, even with BG coaching them, if TM would have stayed.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 08:18 AM

Thanked 10,171 Times in 5,899 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post

The douche bag writer of the Chicago paper article points out that Josh chose once again not to go to a high major. Boo hoo. He must be an Illini fan.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (06-12-2015), UD62 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Major General

In life there are many choices! Some choices are not always black or white and some times there is no ONE CORRECT CHOICE.

But regarding this choice ... by this guy ..., between the Illini or the Flyers!

There was ONLY ONE CORRECT CHOICE!

Go Josh! Welcome aboard your flight! Go Flyers!
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerinChicago (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 08:27 AM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
Fantasic get. Always refreshing to re-load instead of re-build.

As an aside, I wonder who will be considered the best player in practice next year?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:47 AM
General

Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
The douche bag writer of the Chicago paper article points out that Josh chose once again not to go to a high major. Boo hoo. He must be an Illini fan.
Old school thinking at its finest. He's making a point and not rubbing anything in, but he fails to understand the point he's making is either irrelevant or barely relevant.

I guess what I'm saying is it would have been equally as relevant to base his article on the color scheme of the school(s) he chose. There are statistical studies linking school colors to success.

I would not have gone to that mess happening in Illinois either, and that point (which wasn't made until late in the article) is this: go where you're likely to to get minutes, and not be yanked to the bench every time you have a 2-9 shooting night. Illinois (apparently) has several other guys who are clones of him.

It's not about trying to avoid working hard, it's about how the situation is set up for you to achieve if you do work your hardest.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:25 AM
General

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I don't know that it really relates to TM, it's really all new players in the mix at this point.

When TM was here he set the program back 2 years. We would have likely been an NCAA team, even with BG coaching them, if TM would have stayed.
Trent would have made a huge difference. He would have been the natural PG that this team needed that would have allowed BRob to slide over to his more natural (at least then) SG spot. Add in a focused Norm Plummer and a healthy Chris Wright and I think you have the makings of a team that could have gone to the sweet 16 or further.

As far as Josh goes, welcome to the family; however nothing is guaranteed. While the frosh production was great at Bradley, and the HS rankings were something we'd all love to see more of (top 100 recruits that is) I'm thinking the development of the incoming frosh, Big Steve as well as Pollard's senior season are going to play a big role in just how much he plays out of the gate. It should be obvious that Archie isn't going to pigeon hole any player and loves to have versatility. With the 6 kids poised to be sophomore's together in 2 seasons, he's got a ton of versatility from the 2 spot (if Mikesell can play out there) down thru the 5. Crosby took recruiting visits to UNC and was recruited by Maryland prior to going the prep school route, so it would seem that PG is in decent hands as well.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (06-12-2015), rollo (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 09:28 AM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PinehurstFlyer View Post
This may, unfortunately, be a perfect example of how Dayton's Conference affiliation hurts recruiting. I believe both schools can make a case for their programs and their schools. I think UD may currently have the edge in a few ways. But how will Josh respond when the other recruiter points out the weekly games (Fordham, LaSalle, Duquense, etc vs. ANY team in the Big Ten)...
Our guys do have some good responses - but none that can completely erase the Conference deficit. So let's hope Josh wants to help his team win a Championship above all else. Then we have a shot.
Wadda you think now?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (06-12-2015), Justin (06-12-2015), ud2 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
In life there are many choices! Some choices are not always black or white and some times there is no ONE CORRECT CHOICE.

But regarding this choice ... by this guy ..., between the Illini or the Flyers!

There was ONLY ONE CORRECT CHOICE!

Go Josh! Welcome aboard your flight! Go Flyers!
It's easy to be blinded by the allure of thr Big Ten. Very similar to the way things played out with Aubrey Dawkins, but this time Dayton came out on top obviously. If Dayton keeps winning like it has, and we should as long as Archie is here with the way he is reloading the roster, then I think we'll see Dayton winning more and more of these recruiting battles.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:30 AM

Thanked 15,914 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
unimpressed!

Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
Day 1

1st visit: Advisor (10 min)
2nd visit: trainer (3 hours)

Day 2 - year 4
Trainer (3 hours)
Old 06-12-2015, 09:35 AM

When you break down the B10 into it's specific members, there are only a few that have significant weight over what Dayton has, and has done, in the last few years in men's basketball. It's a lot less daunting than what it first appears.

B10 over A10? No argument. Dayton basketball over Illinois basketball? No contest. Archie has done it again.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Term our conference affiliation whatever you want. As long as Dayton keeps beating the snot out of those "high majors" (especially come tourney time), then I'm good. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, but if you are beating 'em, who the heck cares.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Brigadier General

This is great news. This sets us up for legit A10 Conference Championships and Elite 8 runs for the next 3-4 years, assuming all of our incoming players pan out and buy in, which they will.

So, looking at Verbal Commits, the last guy we were after for next year is Xavier Cochran. Any updates on this guy?
Mad Props to N2663R For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 09:56 AM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
seems to be a very good get for the Flyers. Hopefully it works out well for all concerned.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
Given his numbers as a freshman, he definitely seems to have a feel for the game. Let's hope he can contribute to another push like this:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:12 AM

Thanked 3,160 Times in 803 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
The way the program is continually improving we will start to be favorites in NCAA games not just upset specials. Archie isn't going anywhere. He has to be having fun.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (06-15-2015), FLYER5 (06-12-2015), FlyerinChicago (06-12-2015), Gazoo (06-12-2015), Justin (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Captain

Browns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to behold
Just heard a rumor that Josh looks like the best player on the team, sucks he has to sit out this year. Sorry, just wanted to get that out of the way. All joking aside, it's nice to beat out a Illinois after he narrowed his choice down to those two schools no matter what he can do on the court. Couldn't find any highlights from him at Bradley so if anyone has some, please post.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:48 AM
1st Lieutenant

PalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nice
In my long distance humble opinion, the greatest transformation of this program (due to AM) is that NEXT year is no longer our goal. We are in a position for a final four THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR and The NEXT!!! We are now what we envied about the X and Butlers runs...Deep NCAA runs are all about seeding. Butlers runs started because of their coach, not McDonalds All-Americans. We had Oklahoma down by 10 with 10 min to play.

Can't wait for Orlando!
Mad Props to PalmBeachFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Browns View Post
Just heard a rumor that Josh looks like the best player on the team, sucks he has to sit out this year. Sorry, just wanted to get that out of the way. All joking aside, it's nice to beat out a Illinois after he narrowed his choice down to those two schools no matter what he can do on the court. Couldn't find any highlights from him at Bradley so if anyone has some, please post.
He doesn't come to campus until next week
Old 06-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
Gonna pick us, imo. Too long a delay for us not to be neck-and-neck with the Illini.
I was rooting for this player. I love everything about him. I have a feeling that he'll be a very good player for UD. The trait I like best is his rebounding and his activity on the offensive glass. I love the prospect of having him for three years because he's shown the willingness to do the dirty work. It's those type players that come into a program and hit the ground running. Imagine his presence in practice will have an impact similar to how Sibert gave them defense to practice against while he sat out his year.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:11 PM

Thanked 6,170 Times in 4,200 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, major coup, 5th? 4 star player brought in by Archie I believe: Scoochie, K. Davis, Derenbecker and Sibert. Awesome.

Last edited by ud2; 06-13-2015 at 10:08 AM..
Old 06-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
No, no. no ...

No more discussion.
Originally Posted by Atlantic 10 View Post
I can't see Gonzaga,they have made their mark.They don't need the NBE
Originally Posted by Browns View Post
Originally Posted by Atlantic 10 View Post
He doesn't come to campus until next week
Atlantic 10...you have peaked my curiosity. Do you have zero ability to recognize a joke or are you a comedy genius and I fell right into your trap?
Mad Props to superfan99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 02:09 PM

Thanked 10,171 Times in 5,899 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I love that Josh's two weaknesses are his weight and three point shooting. He has a year and a half to correct both of those, which he should be able to do. Encouraging that he does shoot from the outside, but just needs improvement.

Sentenced to a year at the Rollo School of Muscle and the Archie School of Three Point Shooting.

Anyone know anything about his defense?