User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-06-2017, 02:10 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I guess there were fewer than I realized (I'd include conference tournaments in that .500 record) but there ended up being a large grouping of teams in the ACC & B10 that ended up 10-8. Xavier is 9-9, but a lose to DePaul in round 1 would likely kill their chances anyways. K State is the only reasonable option left at this point, i guess much of that was cleaned up over the last week or two.
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Texas was 8-10 (20-13) in 2014-15 and was seeded ahead of UD. Indiana was 9-9 (20-13) and was also seeded ahead of us.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
What's the record for most At-Large bids to teams with RPI's >50? This year there may be a lot.
You mean, because they pass the "eye test"?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-06-2017, 02:24 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Kansas St. has been near the bubble, they are 8-10. Many have Illinois in the last 4 in or last 4 out and they are 8-10. If it wasn't for a good finish to get to 9-9, Wake was under .500. X was 8-9 until they beat DePaul on Saturday.
I don't think a 8-10 X team would have made it in. I missed K St so its them and Illinois as the only real possible teams with under .500 records with a possibility of getting an at large. I wouldn't bet on either but I am waiting to hear the complaining from them if they don't make it.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:25 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Not that it impacts at-large bids in anyway as I think Valpo and Oakland have no shot, but the Horizon tourney has turned into a dumpster fire for the conference.

NKU is the highest remaining seed, and the only team that can make the NCCAT with a winning record.

Semis are

NKU 22-10 vs Youngstown 13-20
UIC 15-17 vs Milwaukee 10-23

If the finals are Youngstown and Milwaukee has there ever been a conference final where the team that gets the auto bid is guaranteed to have 20 losses.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:29 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
Not that it impacts at-large bids in anyway as I think Valpo and Oakland have no shot, but the Horizon tourney has turned into a dumpster fire for the conference.

NKU is the highest remaining seed, and the only team that can make the NCCAT with a winning record.

Semis are

If the finals are Youngstown and Milwaukee has there ever been a conference final where the team that gets the auto bid is guaranteed to have 20 losses.
I can see why some think the regular season champ should go rather than the tourney champ in those one bid conferences.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:38 PM
2nd Lieutenant

116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, the winner of the Regular Season Conference for these smaller conferences should get the automatic bid to the NCAA with the Conference Tournament winner getting auto bid to NIT.

Or, give the #1 seed more advantages in Conf Tourney like home field advantage, more byes, something.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
I guess there were fewer than I realized (I'd include conference tournaments in that .500 record) but there ended up being a large grouping of teams in the ACC & B10 that ended up 10-8. Xavier is 9-9, but a lose to DePaul in round 1 would likely kill their chances anyways. K State is the only reasonable option left at this point, i guess much of that was cleaned up over the last week or two.
You're missing a few - ACC Ga. Tech (8-10) and Clemson (6-12). Lunardi currently has Tech and Clemson in his Next Four Out, just 5 and 7 spots outside the cut.

What if Clemson beats NC St and then Duke in the tourney? Enough to jump 6 or so spots? 6-12 is an egregious conference record to be considered.
Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Brigadier General

SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 116 Chambers View Post
Or, give the #1 seed more advantages in Conf Tourney like home field advantage, more byes, something.
I may be wrong, but I think the majority of these smaller conference already do this, and in some instances both.
Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 02:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
I may be wrong, but I think the majority of these smaller conference already do this, and in some instances both.
They do and it only takes 1 bad game or 1 outstanding game by the opponent to ruing the season.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:01 PM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
These conferences have the power to pick who gets to go to the tournament. The Big 10 didn't have a conference tournament for a long time, the Ivy just started theirs recently (maybe this season or its coming soon) and I think its only the top 4 teams that get to go. The NCAA doesn't decide who gets the autobid from any conference, the conferences do, however, they also realize that if there is not a tournament bid on the line, then ESPN or other similar outlets are not going to cover their championship game
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
You're missing a few - ACC Ga. Tech (8-10) and Clemson (6-12). Lunardi currently has Tech and Clemson in his Next Four Out, just 5 and 7 spots outside the cut.

What if Clemson beats NC St and then Duke in the tourney? Enough to jump 6 or so spots? 6-12 is an egregious conference record to be considered.
As a Clemson fan by marriage, I have to stick up for the Tigers here. Should they make the tournament as of today? No.

But look at their resume. They beat Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, and Nebraska in the non conference, two of those on the road. One of those teams we obviously couldn't manage to beat.

They crushed UNC-Wilmington who is a bubble team. They crushed Davidson on a neutral floor. Only questionable loss was Oklahoma on a neutral floor after a very close loss to Xavier.

They played 15 of 30 games vs the top 50, going 4-11. Two of those wins were vs Wake Forest. They went 9-13 against the top 100. Yes they went 6-12 in the ACC, but that may well have been the toughest conference in history this year, they may send 10-11 teams to the tournament. Only conference that is close to them in RPI since 2010 is the Big XII last year when they sent 7 of 10 teams to the tournament.

That said, they haven't won enough games against that brutal conference schedule. Personally I think they have to beat NC St and Duke just to be considered. Then they would have a game vs Louisville that if they win, I think they'd be in with a 6-12 conference record.

They have shown zero ability to win close conference games though. They lost to both Syracuse and Virginia Tech on threes with under 5 seconds left. I don't think any Clemson fans expect them to all of the sudden win three straight conference games when they only won six of eighteen in the regular season. Brownell is likely job shopping once the season ends.

Last edited by priceg75; 03-06-2017 at 04:40 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 04:43 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Some times more byes puts the higher seeds at a disadvantage. Sometimes you have been off for a week playing your first game against someone who has won one, or even two. And because sometimes those conferences play early rounds at home sites, those teams are reasonably rested.

Giving the regular season champion the auto bid is probably the best answer. But that would mean they lose their only television exposure preceding championship week.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, the winner of the Regular Season Conference for these smaller conferences should get the automatic bid to the NCAA with the Conference Tournament winner getting auto bid to NIT.

Absolutely agree with the latter!

It's not the majority. I really wish it were. The America East plays at campus sites and re-seeds with each round, the Big South finally moved its tournament to the home court of the first place team after forcing Winthrop to play a road game two years in a row even though they were the best team, the Atlantic Sun is at campus sites, so is the NEC and Patriot League. I believe all the rest are at predetermined sites.

The Big Sky and Horizon League used to do it at the home court of the regular season champion, and the HL actually used a ladder format to help the first place team out even more. They got away from that for reasons that made absolutely no sense, and now instead of a great atmosphere that usually sold out due to being excited about getting to host, and a regular season that had added drama because home court advantage was on the line, they're playing at a cavernous NBA arena. Gee, great move!

It's stupid to not give some sort of advantage to the first place team. It's even dumber to put them at a disadvantage, which is what the Metro Atlantic now does. Monmouth, who blew through the league, was forced to play a road game in the semifinals against Siena. I love the conference tournaments, and I think that if a team can overcome a disadvantage, then fine. Had Siena gone to Monmouth and won, then it's all good. But why would you intentionally disadvantage your best and most deserving team?? Monmouth already won at Siena. They had actually beaten them twice. Siena shouldn't get a do-over at home. Now, a team that was the most deserving and had the best chance of winning a game in the tournament won't get to play in it. Nice going!!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to xubrew For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-06-2017), DallasFlyer (03-06-2017), flyerfanatic86 (03-07-2017), runnerup (03-06-2017), UDTradition (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow...when you really look at it and number crunch this might be an all-time weak bubble. Maybe we are a lock....hell Rhode Island should be in for sure....
Old 03-06-2017, 05:45 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Wow...when you really look at it and number crunch this might be an all-time weak bubble. Maybe we are a lock....hell Rhode Island should be in for sure....
The bubble is not weak according to this analysis.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/the-bubble-is-actually-strong-this-year-1773463
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
If we were to lose the first game in NY - our RPI would fall from 21 to 25 and we still have 4 Top 50 (if Vandy advances) and 11 Top 100 wins. I think we are locked into an 8/9 if that happens. If we make the finals we will likely have 5 Top 50 wins and a 7 (maybe a 6) is possible. I don't think winning verses making the finals will do much of anything for us seed-wise since the field is fairly well set by then.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Semis are

NKU is maybe #15 seed, but who knows? The rest would certainly play in Dayton next week.

Last edited by jumpin' joe; 03-06-2017 at 06:27 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Liberty (2013) and Coppin State (2008) both came to Dayton to play in the NCAA with 20 losses.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:47 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD90 View Post
If we were to lose the first game in NY - our RPI would fall from 21 to 25 and we still have 4 Top 50 (if Vandy advances) and 11 Top 100 wins. I think we are locked into an 8/9 if that happens. If we make the finals we will likely have 5 Top 50 wins and a 7 (maybe a 6) is possible. I don't think winning verses making the finals will do much of anything for us seed-wise since the field is fairly well set by then.
I saw an interview with the committee chair recently and he stated that the seeding is complete by Saturday with only bracketing done on Sunday. So yes, wherever we are on Saturday is where we'll end up for seed purposes.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-09-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Brigadier General

UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris R, Can you post the link to the piece you wrote on the mock selection process a few years back in this thread or was it prideplus only? It was a great read. I'd like to read it again.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I saw an interview with the committee chair recently and he stated that the seeding is complete by Saturday with only bracketing done on Sunday. So yes, wherever we are on Saturday is where we'll end up for seed purposes.
They make alternate brackets though to account for the possibility of the different championship outcomes on Sunday.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
...the Ivy just started theirs recently (maybe this season or its coming soon) and I think its only the top 4 teams that get to go.
Yes, it starts this season and it includes only the top four teams. Princeton might have picked the wrong season to go 14-0 and win the conference by four games.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Captain

Browns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
The bubble is not weak according to this analysis.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/the...s-year-1773463
Posted via Mobile Device
The first rule of the bubble is that every year is a "weak" year for the bubble. I've watched college basketball analysts long enough to know this as fact.
Mad Props to Browns For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 11:51 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Browns View Post
The first rule of the bubble is that every year is a "weak" year for the bubble. I've watched college basketball analysts long enough to know this as fact.
The bubble is weak every year. But this year the top is not as strong as it usually is.... there is no dominating top 4 or 5 teams.... 1 thru about 12 or 15 are all about equal. If there ever was a year for a non power 5 to win it all, this is it!
GO FLYERS!
Old 03-07-2017, 12:10 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
If we were to lose the first game in NY...
God, I hope we don't show-up for the conference tournament in NY. It's in Pittsburgh!

Sorry - had to. Plus, it's past my bedtime. G'night all.
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-07-2017), Gazoo (03-07-2017), Glen Clark (03-09-2017), UD90 (03-07-2017), UDGutter2 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 02:30 AM

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Chris R, Can you post the link to the piece you wrote on the mock selection process a few years back in this thread or was it prideplus only? It was a great read. I'd like to read it again.
Part I: Prelude to Arrival
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26942

Pat II: How the Sausage Gets Made
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26949

Part III: Voting Begins
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26958

Part IV: Bubbles, Scrubs, and Bracketing
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26969

Part V: The Great SOS Air Ball
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26982

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
God, I hope we don't show-up for the conference tournament in NY. It's in Pittsburgh!
Plus, losing the first game in New York would prove Krzyzewski's point about Atlantic 10 teams and the ACC's meat grinder.
Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post

Sorry - had to. Plus, it's past my bedtime. G'night all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Lol. Thanks. Creature of habit.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Brigadier General

Chris R,

Thank you for posting that article. It is my opinion that the Vandy win over Florida (4th Top 50 win) may have moved us into the first set of "locks" before we even play our first A10 tourney game. I wanted to re-read your article to see if I remembered the process correctly.

I think we may actually already be a 7 seed despite what the bracketologists are saying. In the year we slid from a projected 8/9 seed to the first four both Ole Miss and Texas A&M fell out of the Top 50 rpi the weekend before the selection process began. In addition the dance card had us out of the field that year.

This year the dance card has us at 21. Now I know the dance card states it does not try to seed the teams, but by nature of the probability of making the dance there is some relation to their rankings and seeding.

I'd be curious of your opinion on this.

Last edited by UD90; 03-07-2017 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-09-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 08:49 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Part I: Prelude to Arrival
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26942

Pat II: How the Sausage Gets Made
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26949

Part III: Voting Begins
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26958

Part IV: Bubbles, Scrubs, and Bracketing
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26969

Part V: The Great SOS Air Ball
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26982
This is all great for understanding the process but it does not match the actual thought processes by the actual committee members and does not replicate the biases and politics of the members.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:13 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
We are supposed to get some kind of consideration for KP being out?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
We are supposed to get some kind of consideration for KP being out?
Posted via Mobile Device
Only Power 5 and Big East teams get injury consideration from the committee. Takes too much time to consider for teams from other conferences unless it allows them to exclude a non major from the tournament.

PS: I'm only half joking here.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Only Power 5 and Big East teams get injury consideration from the committee. Takes too much time to consider for teams from other conferences unless it allows them to exclude a non major from the tournament.

I know Joe Lunardi is only a talking head but last night he was talking about X and saying it will be interesting to see what the committee does with them since Bluett was out for three of the losses in the six game losing streak. If the committee does consider that then don't they have to look at every teams losses to see if they were missing key components? Most of our losses came without Cunningham and KP so shouldn't that help our seeding?
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 09:45 AM
1st Lieutenant

jerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by C-time View Post

you may be half joking but you're not wrong. I'd put chances on 99.9% of the committee mentioning KP being out for St Mary's or the tournament. They MIGHT consider JC's absence because that has gotten more attention and we have such a good record with him, but the power 5 and big east get far more consideration in these cases.

Last year, wich state had NO quality wins realistically and lost some bad games, but apparently the committee did consider van vleet being out in those games. I doubted that, but they were a final 4 team previously so maybe they 'earned' that. I didn't think they should have gotten in last year but they were first 4 based on van vleet injury i think.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I know Joe Lunardi is only a talking head but last night he was talking about X and saying it will be interesting to see what the committee does with them since Bluett was out for three of the losses in the six game losing streak. If the committee does consider that then don't they have to look at every teams losses to see if they were missing key components? Most of our losses came without Cunningham and KP so shouldn't that help our seeding?
It should, but I think the question of in our out is a bigger deal to the committe than a 7 or 8.
Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 09:52 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
It should, but I think the question of in our out is a bigger deal to the committe than a 7 or 8.
I liked what Bilas said in response to Lunardi. He said injuries should not affect whether you're in or out, only your seeding. His contention is that injuries are part of sports so your record is what your record is. I agree with this. Plus if the committee is going to start using injuries to measure teams performance they better do it for EVERY school, and we know there is no way they are going to do that.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-09-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 09:57 AM
General of the Air Force

Factoring injuries into the in/out decision would ne going to more of a predictive model. They would be making assumptions as to what would have happened if the injured players had played. It makes sense to try to consider them for seed purposes because a team being under seeded hurts the team they are playing too.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Brigadier General

My take on injuries is they should only matter if you have enough data (games) to conclude the team is significantly better or worse with or without the said players.

In our case - we may have won 1-2 more games had we not suffered the injuries we've suffered this year. I don't think this moves the needle much.

In the case of the school down south - They are no where near the team they were before losing the players they lost. Not even a die hard Xavier fan would say and believe they are a NCAA team this year right now.

I will say the quote I heard again that stuck with me "The only team Xavier has beat since their February 4th win over "injured" Creighton is Depaul." Their first round opponent is Depaul.

Now if they win that and beat 2 seed Butler - they will look like a NCAA team.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I liked what Bilas said in response to Lunardi. He said injuries should not affect whether you're in or out, only your seeding. His contention is that injuries are part of sports so your record is what your record is. I agree with this. Plus if the committee is going to start using injuries to measure teams performance they better do it for EVERY school, and we know there is no way they are going to do that.
Bilas is correct. Unfortunately, because he's not on the committee, the word "should" will remain and not be replaced with "won't". The committee only uses injuries to measure performance of the P5 schools. They wont' admit it...not even Sunday at 7pm. They will have another reason in they're hip pocket for (example) including _avier, even if they lose to DePaul in Big East conf tourney opener.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Bilas is correct. Unfortunately, because he's not on the committee, the word "should" will remain and not be replaced with "won't". The committee only uses injuries to measure performance of the P5 schools. They wont' admit it...not even Sunday at 7pm. They will have another reason in they're hip pocket for (example) including _avier, even if they lose to DePaul in Big East conf tourney opener.
Absolutely....Even with these teams that already have 4-5 former McDonalds AA's..They lose one kid to injury and you hear guys like Dicky V throwing a pity party. It's like it's irrelevant to the smaller schools and/or mid majors when they lose a kid that could easily help propel them not only into the Tourney but many times into the sweet 16 and/or further ...
Old 03-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Captain

LIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Absolutely....Even with these teams that already have 4-5 former McDonalds AA's..They lose one kid to injury and you hear guys like Dicky V throwing a pity party. It's like it's irrelevant to the smaller schools and/or mid majors when they lose a kid that could easily help propel them not only into the Tourney but many times into the sweet 16 and/or further ...
I don't know about you guys, but when that pity party starts, i inevitably say to the TV "But no one died....." #RIP5
Mad Props to LIBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
steve (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
I can see us as a 7.
I can see them as a 10.
Wow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e2a98e363b1a
Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (03-07-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 02:26 PM

ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
4 of the top 10 bracketlogoists have Dayton as a 7 seed; 6 of the top 10 have Dayton as a 8 seed.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

A match-up versus Wichita State in the first round would be terrible. Wichita State would be favored by like 6-7 points over Dayton winning 80%+ of the time.
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-09-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 08:18 AM
Major General

priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Not that it matters all that much at this point, though it may for seeding...

Davidson's win put them into the top-100, so if we beat them today that would make our record vs. top-100 teams 13-4.

I don't remember it ever being that good.

The bad...Nebraska's loss to Penn St. dropped them out of the top-100, so we now have 2 sub-100 RPI losses. Luckily GW was able to pull their game out against SLU, or it would've been 3. GW is now safely in the top-100 even if they lose today.

A loss for us today probably solidifies us on the 8-9 line.

Last edited by priceg75; 03-10-2017 at 08:21 AM..
Old 03-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Andy Katz tweeted yesterday, 32 At-Larges have been selected and 21 teams remained in the consideration pool. A portion of those at larges are teams that will win their Conf. tourneys. So by my math they are number crunching for the last 10-12 teams. At this point UD has probably been voted in. I would prefer to erase all doubt and win these next two. Im not going to lie, if we lose today, sweat will bead up on my forehead until Sunday.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Dillomernda (03-10-2017), Gazoo (03-10-2017), rollo (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Andy Katz tweeted yesterday, 32 At-Larges have been selected and 21 teams remained in the consideration pool. A portion of those at larges are teams that will win their Conf. tourneys. So by my math they are number crunching for the last 10-12 teams. At this point UD has probably been voted in. I would prefer to erase all doubt and win these next two. Im not going to lie, if we lose today, sweat will bead up on my forehead until Sunday.
If you use twitter just follow David Worlock who is the NCAA media relations guy who tweets updates like that.

https://twitter.com/DavidWorlock
Old 03-10-2017, 09:46 AM

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Dance Card update...Syracuse falls and is now the 7th team out...Illinois falls and is now the 4th team out...Xavier rises and is now 10 spots above the cut line and appears safely in...Rhode Island tenuously 2 spots above the cut line.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Major General

Dance Card has us on the 6 line. That would be amazing.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Brigadier General

5 is not out of the question if we win the A-10 and beat URI and VCU on the way
Old 03-10-2017, 10:35 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Dance Card update...Syracuse falls and is now the 7th team out...Illinois falls and is now the 4th team out...Xavier rises and is now 10 spots above the cut line and appears safely in...Rhode Island tenuously 2 spots above the cut line.
Dance Card missed on Syracuse last year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2017, 10:57 AM
General

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Dance Card missed on Syracuse last year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Did Dance Card miss, or did the committee improperly reward Syracuse last season?
Old 03-10-2017, 11:02 AM
Captain

Browns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to behold
Did Dance Card miss, or did the committee improperly reward Syracuse last season?
Dance Card tries to predict what the committee will do, so yes the dance card missed.
Mad Props to Browns For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-12-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Dance Card tries to predict what the committee will do, so yes the dance card missed.
There's no predicting lunacy.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (03-10-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Brigadier General

A new committee chair took over in 2015. In the last two years the committee has been inconsistent with the prior committees in taking at least one "undeserving" P5 school. In 2015 it was UCLA. In 2016 it was Syracuse.

It 2017.... I predict it will be: currently #62 California (although Syracuse is tempting at #55 with their TWO wins outside the Carrier Dome).
Old 03-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
We are ****ed!! I told everyone a week ago!! We are in we are in we are in, bull**** we still had work to do. If Rhode Island beats VCU to win the conference tourney we will not be dancing!!!

Last edited by RamodWaleskowski; 03-10-2017 at 02:04 PM..
Old 03-10-2017, 02:01 PM
General

So long knowing you after Sunday then.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Captain

Larymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to all
I predict UD will be a 9 or 10 seed. RamodWaleskowski will have to change his user name in order to continue posting I guess.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Larymike For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-10-2017), SLUFLYER (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
We are ****ed!! I told everyone a week ago!! We are in we are in we are in, bull**** we still had work to do. If Rhode Island beats VCU to win the conference tourney we will not be dancing!!!
So your prediction is that we'll be the lowest RPI ever left out of the tournament?
Old 03-10-2017, 02:17 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
So your prediction is that we'll be the lowest RPI ever left out of the tournament?
I agree with Browns; I am not convinced we are in the NCAA. These last two games have placed us squarely on the bubble. Nothing would frustrate the Flyer base more than to play an NIT game at home. We have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Larymike View Post
I predict UD will be a 9 or 10 seed. RamodWaleskowski will have to change his user name in order to continue posting I guess.
I was very concerned about being an 8/9 seed - not anymore. If we do end up in that spot this team, they way they are playing the past week, won't beat an 'equal' team on the road so a potential 3rd round game vs a #1 doesn't really matter
Old 03-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
I agree with Browns; I am not convinced we are in the NCAA. These last two games have placed us squarely on the bubble. Nothing would frustrate the Flyer base more than to play an NIT game at home. We have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
The good news is because of the First Four we can't play a home NIT game anymore....
Old 03-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
LMAO at the ledge-jumper. Don't go too far away, son, when you get proven wrong....
Old 03-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Captain

UDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant future
Some of you need to relax. Before the game Dance Card had us at 22. One loss to a top 100 RPI team does not drop you 26 SPOTS, regardless of what any other teams do. Calm down.

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDFlyer23 For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (03-10-2017), Wallage (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 03:14 PM
2nd Lieutenant

116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light
Amen, UDFlyer23. We are in, it's just not going to be as favorable of a spot in the bracket, and totally opens up the possibility of us being a 8,9,10,11... who knows! Just please not Play-In game again!
Old 03-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Obviously very dissipointed in the last 2 performances. Definitely vented a little frustration. We are not in the big east does everyone forget what happened 2 years ago. I don't see them taking 3 A-10 teams. Need to root for VCU to win the conference tourney.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Captain

hessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nice
Lunardi just compared us to the Bonnies from two years ago. Ouch.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by hessbz12 View Post
Lunardi just compared us to the Bonnies from two years ago. Ouch.
Lunardi is another crybaby St. Joe's fan.

St. Bonnie last year had a worse RPI than we will have. Also, they didn't play anyone better than 50 in the non-conference in RPI. We played 2 opponents in the top-50. They only had 6 top-100 wins, we have twice that. We own a win over 5 OOC opponents that were top-100, they had 2. They had 4 sub-100 RPI losses, we have 2.

Bona did also lose to Davidson in the Quarterfinals so, I'll give him that one.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDFlyer23 View Post
Some of you need to relax. Before the game Dance Card had us at 22. One loss to a top 100 RPI team does not drop you 26 SPOTS, regardless of what any other teams do. Calm down.

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm
We are probably in, but the dance card isn't gospel. They have listed teams with 100% chance of making the field....only to have the committee leave them out.

I've said a few other places - I think we are in - but I really don't believe it is as comfortably as some think.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Captain

hessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Lunardi is another crybaby St. Joe's fan.

St. Bonnie last year had a worse RPI than we will have. Also, they didn't play anyone better than 50 in the non-conference in RPI. We played 2 opponents in the top-50. They only had 6 top-100 wins, we have twice that. We own a win over 5 OOC opponents that were top-100, they had 2. They had 4 sub-100 RPI losses, we have 2.

Bona did also lose to Davidson in the Quarterfinals so, I'll give him that one.
Yea, I'm with ya. I don't really put much clout in Lunardi. Yes, I look at Bracketology, but he doesn't do a very good job when it all comes down to it.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
I like Lunardi, but remember he works for ESPN so his job is to stir up debate/controversy/internet clicks and to promote every ACC team as gathering steam.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Captain

UDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
We are probably in, but the dance card isn't gospel. They have listed teams with 100% chance of making the field....only to have the committee leave them out.

I've said a few other places - I think we are in - but I really don't believe it is as comfortably as some think.
And I'm sure any of those "100%" teams that they got wrong were probably in the 37-48 range near the cut line. Again, one loss to a top 100 team does not drop any team 10-15 spots on the S-curve, doesn't work that way.

It's the entire body of work, not one game in a vacuum.
Mad Props to UDFlyer23 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDFlyer23 View Post
And I'm sure any of those "100%" teams that they got wrong were probably in the 37-48 range near the cut line. Again, one loss to a top 100 team does not drop any team 10-15 spots on the S-curve, doesn't work that way.

It's the entire body of work, not one game in a vacuum.
I agree it's not about 1 game - but other teams are paying too and their games impact us. Yes, our loss doesn't drop us 10 spots. It could drop us 4 or 5...and other teams can pass us with wins since they are still playing.

At the end of the day - I agree - we should be in...I'm just not as comfortable as some. There are always big surprises, and it's never a power 5 school left out.

I am curious to see where the "experts" have us tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:32 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
For those who don't know how the selection process works I suggest you read Greg shaheen's piece on ESPN. All but 4 at large selections were already made by this morning. The flyers are clearly in the tourney. Now, depending on what other teams do around them they may drop a seed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD90 (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Brigadier General

We will be a 7or 8 seed now. We were in the field before today when the committee chose the Top 32 at-larges (seeds 1-8).

We will probably end up playing one of the following eight teams:

8 Michigan
8 Seton Hall
8 Marquette
9 Xavier
9 Oklahoma St.
9 USC
10 Wichita St.
10 Providence

Just my humble opinion.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:44 PM

RELAX, Dayton is IN.

Dayton 2017 versus St. Bonnie's 2106. In every resume category Dayton is in a materially better position than St. Bonnies (except equal in road/neutral).

Dayton RPI #27 >>>>> St. Bonnie's RPI #46
Dayton 4-2 Top 50 > St. Bonnie's 4-3
Dayton 12-5 Top 100 >>>> St. Bonnies 7-5
Dayton 2 101+ losses (107 N & @198) > St. Bonnie's 3 101+ losses (@123, @161, @234)
Dayton 9-6 road/neutral = St. Bonnies 9-6 road/neutral
Dayton Sos 66 > St. Bonnie's SOS 86
Dayton #38 kenpom >>>> St. Bonnie's #88 kenpom

Last edited by ruechalgrin; 03-10-2017 at 04:47 PM..
MikeF (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Major General

I came back to make the kenpom point... Advanced metrics hatred the Bonnies, that's why they didn't make it.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Larymike View Post
I am so confident that Dayton is a lock, I will suggest a bet with RamodWaleskowski, if he hasn't changed is mind and stepped back from the ledge in the last 6 hours.

If Dayton is left out, I will change my UserName to ILOVEXAVIER. If we get in, he has to change his UserName to the same.

Deal??
Old 03-10-2017, 08:20 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
I am so confident that Dayton is a lock, I will suggest a bet with RamodWaleskowski, if he hasn't changed is mind and stepped back from the ledge in the last 6 hours.

If Dayton is left out, I will change my UserName to ILOVEXAVIER. If we get in, he has to change his UserName to the same.

Deal??
I think you need to be suspended from posting to this site just for spelling those words out, I don't care about the context. And all UPPERCASE to boot. Ugh, I feel like I need a shower now.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 10:11 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I think you need to be suspended from posting to this site just for spelling those words out, I don't care about the context. And all UPPERCASE to boot. Ugh, I feel like I need a shower now.
I just opened a new bottle of disinfectant!
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (03-11-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Captain

Deal??
No deal.

You didn't even spell that horse **** schools name correctly. I would eat a box of cow flop before I ever put such a disgusting word in my username.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:46 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
No deal.

You didn't even spell that horse **** schools name correctly. I would eat a box of cow flop before I ever put such a disgusting word in my username.
You know what, he has an advantage in that bet anyway. He's already got the abbreviation of another A10 rival in his username so it's like he's coated his stomach more than you.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
RamodWaleskowski (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 10:55 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
X loses to Creighton 72 - 69.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
X loses to Creighton 72 - 69.
Correction Creighton 75 X 72
Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (03-11-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
I hope they put Xavier in the first four.
Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (03-11-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 11:32 PM

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
The pressure....

Come conference tournament time, all so often the so-so teams look great and the top-tier teams look anything but great. We saw that today as our Flyers bowed out.

I just watched UConn beat NCAA-bound (until today) Houston. Houston is a way better team than UConn.....the latter about a 0.500 team, UH 20-9, or something like that. It was UConn's second tournament win.

Tomorrow UConn plays UC. Last Sunday I saw UC annihilate UConn......there was no competition...UConn is not a good team. That should happen again tomorrow. But I wouldn't bet a dollar on it.

UConn is under no pressure. Tonight Houston was and they couldn't handle it. UC will be in the Dance no matter what. But, UConn is playing with house money in their own building. So, you never know.

Let's just hope (and pray) that we didn't play ourselves out of the Dance. I've often read that the Committee pays a lot of attention to the last ten games. Although we lost the last two of the ten, we won the first eight. Cross your fingers.

Meanwhile, assuming we make it and play with the big boys, it's time to show what we're made of.

Go Flyers!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:48 PM
Captain

I think we all really need to root for VCU to win the A 10 tourney. I find it hard to believe that the committee will take three A-10 teams. If anyone but VCU wins the conference tourney we would probably be the odd team out behind VCU and the conference tourney champions auto bid.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:01 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
Stupid ESPN page. It said final 72-69. I watched the last three seconds tick off on the site. Oh well.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:21 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Dayton 10 seed,at Indianapolis site
Old 03-11-2017, 12:21 AM

I think we all really need to root for VCU to win the A 10 tourney. I find it hard to believe that the committee will take three A-10 teams. If anyone but VCU wins the conference tourney we would probably be the odd team out behind VCU and the conference tourney champions auto bid.
Sorry this is just wrong. Dayton is a lock even if A-10 final is Rhody and Richmond. Committee does not care about # of teams from a conference.

I am willing to give 10:1 odds Dayton is in to anyone who wagers at least $100. Will take any and all bets bigger than $100. Will pay you $1000 (in the $100 wager scenario) if Dayton does NOT make the NCAA. Will donate all winnings to Archie Miller salary fund. For all the naysayers, put you money up.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-11-2017), CoffeeCan (03-11-2017), Dillomernda (03-11-2017), frisco flyer (03-11-2017), SLUFLYER (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 12:50 AM
Captain

Sorry this is just wrong. Dayton is a lock even if A-10 final is Rhody and Richmond. Committee does not care about # of teams from a conference.

I am willing to give 10:1 odds Dayton is in to anyone who wagers at least $100. Will take any and all bets bigger than $100. Will pay you $1000 (in the $100 wager scenario) if Dayton does NOT make the NCAA. Will donate all winnings to Archie Miller salary fund. For all the naysayers, put you money up.
So you know what the committee values? Truthfully? Well **** I didn't think anyone had those answers.

Turns out you have been here the whole time!! Why didn't you say something earlier so we could of all just asked?
Old 03-11-2017, 01:03 AM

So you know what the committee values? Truthfully? Well **** I didn't think anyone had those answers.

Turns out you have been here the whole time!! Why didn't you say something earlier so we could of all just asked?
Yes I do know what the committee thinks because I pay a ton of attention to how they select teams.

Please provide any facts that Dayton will NOT make the NCAA.

I will cite that all top 27 RPI teams in the last 10 years have made the NCAA Tourney. DanceCard has never said a team will make the NCAA at 100% confidence and the team is subsequently left out, DanceCard has Dayton at 100% confidence. Dayton is 12-5 top 100 including 4-2 top 50 -- A team has never been left out with this type of top 50/100 profile. If the committee changes to advanced metrics, all advanced metrics have Dayton between about 24 and 38 in the country. The top 44 or so teams should make it. I could go on and on and on with more facts.

Again, put facts or money up. I am so confident I am willing to put up one or both. Please do not continue the baseless statements with no facts.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (03-11-2017), UDFlyer23 (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 01:14 AM

BTW,

Who below Dayton is passing them? Northwestern, VCU, Michigan, Arkansas, Middle Tenn St. are the only ones with games left.

Seton Hall, South Carolina, USC, Michigan State, Wichita St., Oklahoma State, Providence, Xaiver, Marquette, Wake, Kansas St., etc. are all done in their tourneys. All of them plus more would have to pass Dayton to have Dayton not get in. Not happening.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas.../bracketology/

Committee has already selected 36 teams and Dayton is one of them.
Wallage (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 01:50 AM
Colonel

DanceCard has never said a team will make the NCAA at 100% confidence and the team is subsequently left out, DanceCard has Dayton at 100% confidence.
Bonnies last year. 100% to make it. They did not. 2 others at 99%+...did not make it (St. Mary's & San Diego St).

2015 - Temple. 100%. Didn't make it. 2 others at 99%+ didn't make it. 2 others @100% were in first four - so not comfortably in.

So while you are asking others to provide facts, you might want to check yours...

Like I've said other places - I agree that we are in - but it's OK for people to doubt it. There is no need to publicly shame someone for thinking just maybe the committee will leave out a deserving non-power 5 school. I don't think it's as comfortable as some believe.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:31 AM
Captain

Yes I do know what the committee thinks because I pay a ton of attention to how they select teams.

Please provide any facts that Dayton will NOT make the NCAA.

I will cite that all top 27 RPI teams in the last 10 years have made the NCAA Tourney. DanceCard has never said a team will make the NCAA at 100% confidence and the team is subsequently left out, DanceCard has Dayton at 100% confidence. Dayton is 12-5 top 100 including 4-2 top 50 -- A team has never been left out with this type of top 50/100 profile. If the committee changes to advanced metrics, all advanced metrics have Dayton between about 24 and 38 in the country. The top 44 or so teams should make it. I could go on and on and on with more facts.

Again, put facts or money up. I am so confident I am willing to put up one or both. Please do not continue the baseless statements with no facts.
Trust me I believe the resume is good enough. The #s are there. I want the flyers in the tournament and I believe they belong. Im just saying that I don't trust the committee and that I think they will find some way to screw us over. We just gave them more reasons to do so. Don't believe everything you see on CNN.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:29 AM
Lieutenant General

I think winning the A10 regular season outright is what is cementing us in the tourney, because in the 8th best league the committee values that. If we had been co-champs or second place with the same resume I would be worried.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:31 AM
Lieutenant General

Bubble teams should also worry about a team like UConn stealing a bid...although I don't think we are a bubble team (see post above for reason).
Old 03-11-2017, 08:27 AM
Major General

Compare our resume this year vs last year. Our non-conference resume was slightly better last year, but our conference resume is slightly better this year.

Our worst loss last year was at #232 LaSalle, this year is at UMass who will be in the 180s.

We won one more conference game, with all losses being on the road this year vs. two home losses last year. One of those home losses was to sub-100 team Rhode Island.

We beat Iowa on a neutral court and Vanderbilt on the road last year. This year we beat Alabama on the road and Vanderbilt at home. We also have a couple of good wins over conference champions of mid major conferences. Granted, not as good an out of conference schedule this year.

Our RPI going into yesterday was about the same as last year, and by the time we played, the committee said they had already selected over 80% of the at Large field.

I think the loss to Davidson may knock us down a seed line, but I think we'll be close to where we were last year... Around a 7 or 8. I said a 9 in the prediction thread, but even I'm not nervous enough to think we'll get left out.

Last edited by priceg75; 03-11-2017 at 08:30 AM..
Old 03-11-2017, 08:33 AM
Captain

Updated Lunardi bracket has us as a 9 seed in Buffalo.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Palm has us as an 8 seed.
http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas.../bracketology/

Dance Card has not updated yet but expect to see us in the in the 26-32 range IMO.

Our RPI has settled at 26 with 4 guaranteed top 50 wins.

We actually moved up a spot in Kenpom rankings to #37.

Other metrics: BPI: #37, KPI: #29!!, Sagarin:#40

As much as I would like to avoid the 8/9 seed and get a 10, I'm thinking we'll end up with a 9 seed just looking at the numbers.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Brigadier General

Dance card has us as 25. I'm convinced that after listening to the Selection Committee Chair videos on CBS that we will be a 7 seed. Alabama and Vandy holding us up.