User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
What are you the basketball whisperer or something.
Whatever man, I am having too good of a day to let a keyboard hero try and start a ****ing contest. Have a good day!
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2017, 10:48 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Spread your calming effect, brother.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:06 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I too am quiet disappointed that AG has not announced his full staff of all star coaches, signed four 5 star recruits, got us into the ACC (yes I said ACC), announced our non con home schedule that includes Kentucky, IU, OSU, Arizona and Kansas, and of course the MLK day game @ the Nutter Center.

Geeze, have a bit of patience people!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lowd&ProUD (04-13-2017), m21eagle45 (04-13-2017), Tony T 71 (04-14-2017), UD62 (04-13-2017), Widget (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 11:15 AM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the off-season

Mad Props to Widget For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 11:19 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Apologists, welcome!
Old 04-13-2017, 11:52 AM
Brigadier General

Most everyone knows that Ostrom and Kuwick were AM's right-hand men. Griffin's strength was recruiting, especially NY and the NE states. Thank you for The Scoochie.
Archie had his two go-to guys in place nearly off the bat..After three weeks AG has only appointed an assistant to the HC so far. If this is such a tough process for them I can imagine how hard actually winning games will be.. And if it's all part of the process it doesnt seem to be going smoothly. If there is an NBA assistant that will be named I can understand the delay. Then why hasnt he hired #3 or #4 ahead of #2? Wasting valuable time where recruits are concerned. Who's to say if UD was more expedient and had a coach or two in place that Carter wouldn't have requested his release? Did AG think he had him hooked with his smile and NBA experience?
Old 04-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Man, I don't want to be in front of you in a crowded theater if someone yells, "FIRE!" Panic much?
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-13-2017), Sid Louick (04-13-2017), Tony T 71 (04-14-2017), Townie (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 12:38 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Most everyone knows that Ostrom and Kuwick were AM's right-hand men. Griffin's strength was recruiting, especially NY and the NE states. Thank you for The Scoochie.
Archie had his two go-to guys in place nearly off the bat..After three weeks AG has only appointed an assistant to the HC so far. If this is such a tough process for them I can imagine how hard actually winning games will be.. And if it's all part of the process it doesnt seem to be going smoothly. If there is an NBA assistant that will be named I can understand the delay. Then why hasnt he hired #3 or #4 ahead of #2? Wasting valuable time where recruits are concerned. Who's to say if UD was more expedient and had a coach or two in place that Carter wouldn't have requested his release? Did AG think he had him hooked with his smile and NBA experience?
Maybe some day AG will personally explain to you why he has been such a failure to date and why he didn't live up to your expectations.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-13-2017), Lowd&ProUD (04-13-2017), The Fly (04-13-2017), Townie (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Apologists, welcome!
Because AG has not filled out his staff to the timeline YOU consider to be the right timeline, WE are apologists?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
The Fly (04-13-2017), Tony T 71 (04-14-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 12:47 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Well, let's not pretend we all aren't concerned to some degree, and for all the right reasons. Time is a precious commodity in terms of recruiting, etc. AG only has so much time. He has current players that need attending to, a recruiting process to start from scratch, etc. It's easy to get worried when we don't see much movement, as I expect the dominos on transfers etc to start falling shortly. Given that we have a single PG on the team right now, I think it's a fair assessment to be concerned that we don't see more movement. It's quite possible that everyone is perfectly fine and that things are happening in the background we don't know about, but in the absence of information, speculation is the order of the day.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Man, I don't want to be in front of you in a crowded theater if someone yells, "FIRE!" Panic much?
I'll start by saying that we are talking about 18-22 year old dudes throwing a round object through a metal ring with string hanging from it. So none of this is actually a big deal. I don't lose sleep over any of this.

That said, as a fan, I am concerned that we don't have more pieces in place given the timing of everything. With the signing period open, every day (dare I say hour) matters.

With that said, here is why I'm concerned:

- Right now the vast majority of schools have 4 coaches all leveraging existing relationships to convince these kids why their school is the right coach.

- We only have 1 coach (AG) who has no relationships with these kids to leverage (he's been in the NBA, not recruiting).

The quickest way to solve BOTH problems is to get a staff in place. With more coaches we can contact more recruits. These coaches may also bring existing relationships to leverage.

Yes - getting the right staff is more important than getting a staff quickly. However we have at least 2 (maybe 4) scholarships to figure out. Based on the 2 points I made above, I worry about our ability to fill those with the right guys.

Note: I'm not questioning AG's ability to recruit. I'm simply pointing out that given the current situation he is at a major disadvantage.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:15 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
If I remember correctly, didn't it take Archie over a month to fill his staff? Wasn't Griffin hired in mid May? Sometimes it takes time.
Ostrom's hire was officially announced in June of 2011.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-13-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (04-13-2017), FLYER5 (04-13-2017), Jay O'Leary (04-13-2017), Lowd&ProUD (04-13-2017), m21eagle45 (04-13-2017), The Fly (04-13-2017), Tony T 71 (04-14-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
Who's to say if UD was more expedient and had a coach or two in place that Carter wouldn't have requested his release? Did AG think he had him hooked with his smile and NBA experience?
Who's to say anything. Perhaps AG was completely honest with Carter. Perhaps he told him he still had a spot at UD this year or next year. But after discussing his abilities and physical stature relative to other division one players at his position, they may have agreed that a year of further development at a prep school might be a better option. Perhaps Carter's mother was smiling because she finally met a coach more concerned about her son than about just tying down recruits.

We do not know what AG and Carter discussed and we do not know what Carter and his Mother discussed and we do not know all that was going through Carter's head when he made his decision. Lets get off the presumption band wagon and then cursing out the coach because of our unsupported presumptions.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to oldfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-13-2017), m21eagle45 (04-13-2017), Runnin' Rebel (04-13-2017), Sid Louick (04-13-2017), TA111 (04-13-2017), Tony T 71 (04-14-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Brigadier General

[QUOTE=The Fly;503764]Man, I don't want to be in front of you in a crowded theater if someone yells, "FIRE!" Panic much?

Firstly you're a poor judge of emotion. Secondly the association is plain stupid. How long did you work on that, Charles? Since the 50's?
Old 04-13-2017, 03:11 PM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
Ostrom's hire was officially announced in June of 2011.
Figgie- Please keep actual facts out of the argument, as it ruins the dramatic affect some are after
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (04-13-2017), CT Flyer (04-14-2017), LIBob (04-14-2017), m21eagle45 (04-13-2017), TA111 (04-13-2017), The Fly (04-13-2017), Tony T 71 (04-14-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Archie had his two go-to guys in place nearly off the bat..After three weeks AG has only appointed an assistant to the HC so far.
It's been two weeks. Archie only had Kuwik at that point.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-13-2017), m21eagle45 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Brigadier General

Ok, I was mistaken about their hire dates. I apologize for running with it on pure speculation. Seemed to me at the time things were falling together at a good pace for Archie. Archie didn't have the caliber of incoming class that AG has.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Because AG has not filled out his staff to the timeline YOU consider to be the right timeline, WE are apologists?
You may self-include yourself though i didnt mention you. If it's a faction you feel comfortable being apart of then go for it. I appreciate the people who debate my concerns rather than arguing their speculation is more valid than my speculation. I did post an eroneous statement about Archie's hires being more expedient. Should've referenced what i said but honestly it felt like that at the time.
But, getting back to my quoting you, I'm kind of worried how things have transpired in the past three weeks. Especially the thing leaking about AG's first choice being nixed..

Last edited by FLYER5; 04-13-2017 at 04:52 PM..
Old 04-13-2017, 04:06 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Archie took a while till fill out his staff and that much is true. He got Vee Sanford in May and Alex G in I believe June.

100% agree that AG needs to get this right versus making the fastest decision.

Guys are going off the board, scheduling visits & things are moving quickly in the spring signing period. The longer the wait the harder it's going to be bring quality recruits & the more competition for the last few good names left on the board.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:13 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Archie took a while till fill out his staff and that much is true. He got Vee Sanford in May and Alex G in I believe June.

100% agree that AG needs to get this right versus making the fastest decision.

Guys are going off the board, scheduling visits & things are moving quickly in the spring signing period. The longer the wait the harder it's going to be bring quality recruits & the more competition for the last few good names left on the board.
Vee announced that he would leave GTown on 4/15 and vistied campus on 5/18 and signed on 5/26. We could see movement on transfers in any day now.

http://www.casualhoya.com/2011/4/15/...rom-georgetown
http://daytonflyers.com/news/2011/5/26/MBB_2085.aspx
Old 04-13-2017, 04:52 PM
Major

momszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud of
OldFan,

Wouldn't it make more sense if AG signed Carter and have him redshirt his freshman year than send him off to prep school where he is fair game for any one to sign. That conversation would never happen.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:19 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
Maybe some day AG will personally explain to you why he has been such a failure to date and why he didn't live up to your expectations.
You know what it is? It's the good image of the board being diminished by my coarse but fair questions. It's the board's infatuation with themselves basically. Some think players, coaches, trainers all read this board. They even have a meeting time to discuss said posts amongst themselves I learned today. I'm saying that it's not fair practice to turn down a coach's request for a particular assistant right out of the gate. If it is true the U was foolish for not keeping it quiet. Furthermore if true, depending to what degree awkwardness this causes, if any, it could have lingering effects. I've never heard of a new coach's first choice choice being reversed by an administration. Sure it's common but I've never heard of it.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:26 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
I've never heard of a new coach's first choice choice being reversed by an administration. Sure it's common but I've never heard of it.
Duh???
Old 04-13-2017, 06:31 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
If hiring from the NBA ranks, those guys are tied up... But otherwise, you'd think it would be done quickly.
I'm sure the thunder weren't thrilled with the timing of Anthony leaving. They certainly wouldn't let another assistant go when the playoffs are starting. And I doubt another nba team would allow as assistant to leave to become an assistant coach in college before they are eliminated from the playoffs.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:12 PM

TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I hope that all our assistants aren't coming from the pro ranks. We need guys who have connections to high/prep schools and are plugged into the current recruiting scene.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
WarriorPride (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Captain

FlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to all
Rumor that I heard was AG is/was looking to bring Damon Goodwin in as an assistant. I also heard if that happens, Dane and maybe one other '18 OSU recruit would probably flip their commitment, and they still might either way, as they are unsure about Matta's future. This wasn't from some random guy at a bar, I would say a little better than that, but still am unsure of the validity of it all.
Mad Props to FlightClub.33.32.15.1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Damon Goodwin brings Dane Goodwin.

Jeremy Shyatt from Wyoming brings Pete Nance.

Sign me up.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 09:22 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I would be surprised if any of our assistants come direct from the NBA. They may have coached there at some time in their past, but assistant coach in NBA to assistant coach in college doesn't add up. Only exception is if they have a past working for/with AG. Otherwise I don't see it.

What I do believe is work is being done behind the public view and it's probably moving faster than we think. It's just we all want to know, so it seems slow. AM just got his staff in place and he's had a week more than AG and brought two UD guys with him, so less to line up.

And, I can't imagine that IF AG offered up a coach with NCAA violations in his past, that Neil wasn't 100% upfront with AG right away that it probably wouldn't fly, but he would walk the candidate's name thru the process to see. IF this is even true, I'm sure everyone knew it might not happen. This is your new HC. This is a new working relationship. Both side should be 100% transparent at this point. I can't imagine anything but everyone is communicating openly.

I think getting a staff in place is moving along as fast as possible. Fans just need to be patient and that's hard.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (04-14-2017), San Diego Flyer (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 12:06 PM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
I think getting a staff in place is moving along as fast as possible. Fans just need to be patient and that's hard.
I think the perception is that since there aren't any rumors flying around, that nothing is happening. I believe the silence shows what we've known for some time ... that UD doesn't have leaks to the media like other Athletic Departments have.

The worry wart's will tend to believe AG is swinging and missing. I tend to think he has some tough decisions to make among a pool of great candidates.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lowd&ProUD For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (04-14-2017), Glen Clark (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 12:14 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
If we are swinging and hitting, I hope we are sharing some of it with Jordan Pierce, et.al. I don't worry about the U not telling us.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:45 PM
2nd Lieutenant

auglaizeflyers is on a distinguished road
Also heard Damon had a offer but didnt want to put pressure on Dane, and others to feel obligated to UD. Not to mention his recent health issues. I would love to see it though.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:55 PM

The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
I like Goodwin, but I think AG really needs a proven D-1 recruiter on his staff. Other than himself, of course. We really need a guy who knows the AAU pipeline.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
jpk4ud (04-14-2017), San Diego Flyer (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 05:43 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
I like Goodwin, but I think AG really needs a proven D-1 recruiter on his staff. Other than himself, of course. We really need a guy who knows the AAU pipeline.
There would be one spot open if Kuwit and Goodwin filled the other two.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:30 AM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Goodwin even if Dane doesn't come might be a worthy hire just because of his contacts with Ohio high schools.

He might not recruit the division 1 guys but he has presumably a relationship with many of these programs especially in Central Ohio for the recruits he landed. That could help open the door for the D1 recruits since he knows these coaches & programs
Old 04-15-2017, 05:32 AM
General

Archie took a while to get his assistants but I don't think it's fair comparison to where the program is at now. He walked into more a rebuilding situation than AG is now. The end of the BG was a state of disarray.

Patrick Ewing who has no college experience has hired an assistant. Jack Owen at Miami, Jarred Calhoun who moved up from D2 at Youngstown St, John Groce & many other coaches hired this go around have gotten guys on staff who can recruit.

Why does this matter?

Coming off 4 straight NCAA appearances I'm of the opinion UD needs to keep the momentum going. I think the Twitter/social media era it's easier to get an idea which recruits are involved with UD. Right now we have Frankie Hughes linked with UD as a transfer.

Grad transfers, transfers, JUCOS & freshman are scheduling visits & going off the board right now. With the openings in the freshman class he's got a chance to add onto this roster and keep the momentum going forward for the program. Archie didn't leave at the best time but this isn't a bare cupboard here.

Right now there is certainly a chance to get some guys in here who could set this team up for success next year and the year after. Realistically the guys signed this spring are gonna determine whether this team is set up success
Old 04-15-2017, 08:02 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Goodwin even if Dane doesn't come might be a worthy hire just because of his contacts with Ohio high schools.
I have always thought that hiring a parent so that you get the kid was a bit shabby. But is it even legal anymore? I saw the following in an article on rule changes for college football in the Columbus Dispatch this morning. Note the last line:

“At the same time, the Division I Council voted to prevent FBS schools “from hiring people close to a prospective student-athlete for a two-year period before and after the student’s anticipated and actual enrollment at the school,” effective immediately.
That provision already was put in place for men’s basketball in 2010”

Here is the link:
http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170...signing-period
Old 04-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
I have always thought that hiring a parent so that you get the kid was a bit shabby. But is it even legal anymore? I saw the following in an article on rule changes for college football in the Columbus Dispatch this morning. Note the last line:

“At the same time, the Division I Council voted to prevent FBS schools “from hiring people close to a prospective student-athlete for a two-year period before and after the student’s anticipated and actual enrollment at the school,” effective immediately.
That provision already was put in place for men’s basketball in 2010”

Here is the link:
http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170...signing-period
Still legal. Needs to be hired as an assistant and not just a member of the "support" staff.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Goodwin is the head coach at Capitol, right? Division 2 head coach to D1 assistant is a perfectly reasonable progression. He has a resume.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
Goodwin is the head coach at Capitol, right? Division 2 head coach to D1 assistant is a perfectly reasonable progression. He has a resume.
Division 3
Old 04-15-2017, 11:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Goodwin has successfully been the head coach at Capital for 21 years. I am quite confident he has many contacts in AAU as well as with high school coaches throughout Ohio and beyond in this time. The only difference being instead of recruiting the 5th best player on the AAU team to come play for Capital, he will now be recruiting the best player off the same team to become a Flyer. If Grant wants Goodwin, I want Goodwin. We could do a lot worse IMO. As an added bonus, not only does Goodwin have a connection to an Elite recruit living under the same roof he lives under, but more than likely has quite close connections to others on the AAU circuit his son has been team mates or regular competitors with in the last few years.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (04-15-2017)
Old 04-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,488 Times in 763 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Granted, Dayton is not that far from Columbus, but being right in Columbus to watch your son play at OSU would be a big reason to stay in Columbus for now. Just a dad perspective.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:43 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
Granted, Dayton is not that far from Columbus, but being right in Columbus to watch your son play at OSU would be a big reason to stay in Columbus for now. Just a dad perspective.
True about Damon watching Dane at tOSU. But if I'm Damon, my biggest question is, at age 53, do I want to trade the authority and stability of a D-III HC job (that I've held for over 2 decades) for an assistantship that will require me to be on the road a lot, while my star pupil son is playing college ball 20 minutes away from where he played HS ball, and 20 minutes away from where I am currently working? Stability vs. "brass ring". Only Damon Goodwin can answer that question.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
If Damon comes here his son will follow.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:57 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
I would not hold my breath concerning either Goodwin coming to UD.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-16-2017), Glen Clark (04-16-2017), skip69 (04-16-2017), TerryK_67 (04-16-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
From the DDN article on Crosby leaving contains this about potential assistants:

“'I hope I can announce my staff this week,' Grant said.

One spot could be filled by a former Flyers assistant coach from the past he said – although he would not elaborate."

Another spot could be filled by Kevin Kuwik, who assisted Miller during his six years here."

Any ideas who the "former Flyers assistant coach from the past" might be???

Edit: After a quick google search, my SWAG on this is Billy Schmidt, who is currently a quality control coach for OKC. And this might help explain the delay in announcement since OKC is currently in the playoffs. Perhaps he is going to stay with OKC until the season is over and then come to UD.

Last edited by shapanud; 04-17-2017 at 10:15 PM..
Old 04-17-2017, 10:24 PM
General

definitely gotta be Billy Schmidt
Old 04-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Major General

definitely gotta be Billy Schmidt
Not so sure. Definitely could be. Andy Farrell or Dan Hipscher have also been assistants at Dayton who have coached with Grant.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Not so sure. Definitely could be. Andy Farrell or Dan Hipscher have also been assistants at Dayton who have coached with Grant.
Please don't be Hipsher.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (04-17-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 01:26 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
One spot could be filled by a former Flyers assistant coach from the past he said – although he would not elaborate."
Shaka Smart. No doubt.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:44 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
From the DDN article on Crosby leaving contains this about potential assistants:

“'I hope I can announce my staff this week,' Grant said.

Another spot could be filled by Kevin Kuwik, who assisted Miller during his six years here."

Any ideas who the "former Flyers assistant coach from the past" might be???

Edit: After a quick google search, my SWAG on this is Billy Schmidt, who is currently a quality control coach for OKC. And this might help explain the delay in announcement since OKC is currently in the playoffs. Perhaps he is going to stay with OKC until the season is over and then come to UD.
I mentioned when he first got the gig, AG is still very very close with Dan Hipsher for whatever it's worth..

Last edited by steve; 04-18-2017 at 06:48 AM..
Old 04-18-2017, 11:42 AM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Jablonski tweeted a list of former UD assistants from the media guide for anyone who wants some names to choose from.

https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski/...32620636909568

I'll take Anthony Solomon who was at Georgetown last year. Hopefully he was the lead recruiter on PG Tremont Waters and can bring him to Dayton.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/1705
http://www.scout.com/player/185176-tremont-waters
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (04-19-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 11:59 AM
Major General

m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
I absolutely do not want it to be Hipsher, but that is my guess.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 01:44 PM
General

If it was Hipsher why wouldn't that haven been announced weeks ago
Old 04-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Captain

hessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Jablonski tweeted a list of former UD assistants from the media guide for anyone who wants some names to choose from.

I'll take Anthony Solomon who was at Georgetown last year. Hopefully he was the lead recruiter on PG Tremont Waters and can bring him to Dayton.

My internal source tells me it's not Steve Hess
Old 04-18-2017, 01:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Has Ray Harper ever been an assistant at Dayton before???
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (04-18-2017), C-time (04-18-2017), FlyingArrow (04-18-2017), lhsgolf19 (04-18-2017), OSU Flyer (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 02:40 PM
Major General

Jirsa! Jirsa! Jirsa!
Old 04-18-2017, 02:46 PM
Major General

If it was Hipsher why wouldn't that haven been announced weeks ago
Currently an assistant at another school. Maybe he hasn't received his release from their yet? Could be a number of reasons. Maybe AG wants to be like AM and announce his 3 assistants at the same time? Who knows.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute

Has to be Paul Westhead (1963-1964).

He's only 78 and out of coaching. Bring back his 130pt per night offense (but not the no-defense part).

Side note, but his wikipedia coaching resume is amazing. He is the only coach to win title in both NBA and WNBA. He's been head coach of NCAA Men, NCAA Women, NBA, NBDL, WNBA, and 2001-2003 he was head coach of the Panasonic Super Kangaroos of the Japanese Basketball League.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-18-2017), Flyer 86 (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 04:21 PM
2nd Lieutenant

bryan will become famous soon enoughbryan will become famous soon enough
Anthony Solomon it is!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:23 PM
Captain

hessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nice
It's being reported that AG has hired Anthony Solomon to his staff as an Assistant Coach. The same Anthony Solomon that was on BG's staff the year they lost to Ohio State in the NIT.
Mad Props to hessbz12 For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 04:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hessbz12 View Post
It's being reported that AG has hired Anthony Solomon to his staff as an Assistant Coach. The same Anthony Solomon that was on BG's staff the year they lost to Ohio State in the NIT.
Matt Schwade reporting it
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-18-2017), ruechalgrin (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 04:28 PM
General

please bring Tremont Waters
Old 04-18-2017, 04:39 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hessbz12 View Post
That was the year we were top 15 then got hit with rash of injuries including Chris Wright, so let's not forget the positives of that year an just dwell on the finish
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-18-2017), hessbz12 (04-18-2017), UD62 (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bryan View Post
Anthony Solomon it is!!!!!!!
I think it's a great hire as he brings a wealth of experience in coaching and recruiting. Notre Dame, Dayton, Georgetown (coach let go) so he was on the market.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:46 PM

Lots of good experience, albeit one failed term as a head coach with the Bonnies. But he delivered a lot of talent to Notre Dame over his tenure there.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:49 PM
General

Georgetown fans on their board wanted Ewing to keep him
Old 04-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Pride, still relying on hoops for solid information.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-18-2017), lhsgolf19 (04-18-2017), PFlyer (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 05:06 PM
Just off the Jet

PFlyer will become famous soon enoughPFlyer will become famous soon enough
Can we get a quick analysis of this guy? Don't know much about him but sounds good at first peek.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:30 PM
General of the Air Force

Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Pride, still relying on hoops for solid information.
No question Matt Schwade is solid on when it comes to information as is Chris R of UDPride, both behind paid walls. Matt and Chris are more of insiders in that they attend actual meetings etc. My sources are close but not necessarily in the meetings but still do get info often spoken outside meetings that weren't said in the meetings itself as they were not official position of UD.

I keep getting requests for who my sources are; let me just say that in 1957-58 I was a freshman at Chaminade HS. Tom Frericks was my English teacher as well as home room teacher. Don Donoher was gym instructor, teacher and JV coach at Chaminade as well. Have personally kept in touch with family and friends of each ever since. My family was season ticket holders for 35 years in lower bowl. Have had relatives play, golf, tennis, womens soccer, baseball and womens basketball over these long years. As the saying goes once you are in the UD family you are family. And yes I'm an old fart

I personally have refrained from posting any names for AC since the Donnie episode to avoid any embarrassments on all sides.

Keep in mind what AG said after he was announced as HC. Got over 275 texts of congratulations with 100 plus from coaches seeking consideration for his staff. If he only got a handful then it would have been easy and quick to pick from the slim pickens. With the large lists he was straddled with weeding through all possible candidates, so he has been quite busy and continues to be so. Lets let him do his job and be elated with the results as I believe we will be.
14 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (04-19-2017), Bucketnight (04-18-2017), CvilleFlyer (04-19-2017), flyercasey (04-19-2017), frisco flyer (04-18-2017), lhsgolf19 (04-18-2017), Lowd&ProUD (04-18-2017), rollo (04-18-2017), Runnin' Rebel (04-18-2017), TA111 (04-18-2017), TMPH66 (04-18-2017), TXFlyerFan (04-18-2017), UD62 (04-18-2017), Viperstick (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Lieutenant General

Somebody on this board is a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he brings Waters too, I'm a psychic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by C-time; 04-18-2017 at 05:40 PM..
Old 04-18-2017, 05:49 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
No question Matt Schwade is solid on when it comes to information as is Chris R of UDPride, both behind paid walls. Matt and Chris are more of insiders in that they attend actual meetings etc. My sources are close but not necessarily in the meetings but still do get info often spoken outside meetings that weren't said in the meetings itself as they were not official position of UD.

I keep getting requests for who my sources are; let me just say that in 1957-58 I was a freshman at Chaminade HS. Tom Frericks was my English teacher as well as home room teacher. Don Donoher was gym instructor, teacher and JV coach at Chaminade as well. Have personally kept in touch with family and friends of each ever since. My family was season ticket holders for 35 years in lower bowl. Have had relatives play, golf, tennis, womens soccer, baseball and womens basketball over these long years. As the saying goes once you are in the UD family you are family. And yes I'm an old fart

You forgot And i stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night.

It's good info. Thanks. I find it funny that people you don't really know personally and identify by screen names would expect you to tell them who you are getting your information from.

Is there any insight you can share on the time table of the staff being completed and/or about KK specifically? The AG quotes made it sound like he has barely spoken to KK which seems odd. If an Assistant Coach is in the building, I would have thought the Coach wanted him there and had provided some direction.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:40 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Keep in mind what AG said after he was announced as HC. Got over 275 texts of congratulations with 100 plus from coaches seeking consideration for his staff. If he only got a handful then it would have been easy and quick to pick from the slim pickens. With the large lists he was straddled with weeding through all possible candidates, so he has been quite busy and continues to be so. Lets let him do his job and be elated with the results as I believe we will be.
But he should have been able to sift through 100 applicants, interview the top candidates, make a decision, hire three assistants, visit all our recruits, start recruiting, land some recruits, all in a couple weeks. What is he waiting for???
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (04-18-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (04-18-2017), CvilleFlyer (04-19-2017), m21eagle45 (04-18-2017), The Fly (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 07:45 PM

Jablonsky now tweeting of Soloman hire, according to a "source."
Old 04-18-2017, 09:04 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
But he should have been able to sift through 100 applicants, interview the top candidates, make a decision, hire three assistants, visit all our recruits, start recruiting, land some recruits, all in a couple weeks. What is he waiting for???
Just lazy I guess and he even took off Easter weekend to be with family! Part timer.

I am getting more comfortable with AG
Mad Props to Flyer2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (04-19-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 09:11 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Bucketnight View Post
You forgot And i stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night.

It's good info. Thanks. I find it funny that people you don't really know personally and identify by screen names would expect you to tell them who you are getting your information from.

Is there any insight you can share on the time table of the staff being completed and/or about KK specifically? The AG quotes made it sound like he has barely spoken to KK which seems odd. If an Assistant Coach is in the building, I would have thought the Coach wanted him there and had provided some direction.
All I am going to say is that with the names we are hearing we will be elated and have a better staff than Archie. AG will most likely play it safe and hire assistants familiar to him and UD as well. Some impressive names and a couple I'd rather not see. As the saying goes but changed a little "in Anthony I trust".

Some exciting recruits in the mix as well, some may have left and the door may be closed with better options. That is the price one pays when they reopen their commitment as it also allows UD/AG to explore the opportunities as well. We are in good hands and all is and will be well in flyerland.
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (04-18-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (04-19-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (04-18-2017), Fairborn Fan (04-19-2017), FlyerBob (04-18-2017), flyercasey (04-19-2017), flyerfanatic86 (04-19-2017), rollo (04-18-2017), shocka43 (04-19-2017), TA111 (04-19-2017), TXFlyerFan (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 09:23 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
Just lazy I guess and he even took off Easter weekend to be with family! Part timer.

I am getting more comfortable with AG
My sources tell me Archie took all the office supplies so AG had to make a couple of trips to Staples too.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (04-19-2017), superfan99 (04-19-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 09:42 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
I have no say in the situation, but I hope that Anthony retains Kevin Kuwik.

Kevin is a tireless worker. Allen Griffin told me that Kevin was a bulldog and went after recruiting Dyshawn Pierre when some of the other staff felt like they could not recruit him.

Kevin would provide continuity for the existing players and recruits. Finally, he would be familiar with Archie's 365 day a year skill development program. I would like to see that program retained at UD.

My two cents. Which is worth nothing to Neil and Anthony...
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (04-18-2017), FLYER5 (04-18-2017), The Fly (04-18-2017), TXFlyerFan (04-18-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 01:36 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I have no say in the situation, but I hope that Anthony retains Kevin Kuwik.

Kevin is a tireless worker. Allen Griffin told me that Kevin was a bulldog and went after recruiting Dyshawn Pierre when some of the other staff felt like they could not recruit him.

Kevin would provide continuity for the existing players and recruits. Finally, he would be familiar with Archie's 365 day a year skill development program. I would like to see that program retained at UD.

My two cents. Which is worth nothing to Neil and Anthony...
You are right in your description of Kuwik and I sincerely believe he wants to stay with Dayton. I'd say he has a chance but if the names I am hearing are interested there won't be enough positions left. Leading candidates I'm hearing have a link and history to AG and the U of Dayton.

Archie stated his staff would have a Dayton flavor, well AG's staff will have an even greater Dayton flavor....blasts from the past. Tough decisions for AG. And a little NBA connection too. Great times ahead.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:43 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
blasts from the past... a little NBA connection too.
Jim O'Brien?
Old 04-19-2017, 06:02 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
I say its official - Anthony Solomon: http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...ESF3IQiQZHQIO/
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by longtimefan67; 04-19-2017 at 06:22 AM..
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 08:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm encouraged by the reported Solomon hire. Thought he did an honest, commendable job at St. Bonaventure in the wake of the JVBK scandal (St. Weldaventure), despite his record there. A lot of good, high major experience, and from what little I know, seems to be a guy with good character.

Would like to see AG retain Kuwik, as he'd provide some continuity, and reports are that he's working hard in spite of his possible "lame duck" status. Good "character" guy as well.

The one thing is: it's hard to be "excited" and "patient" at the same time. Guess I'll need to keep waiting patiently for exciting news about our Flyers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Major

there is reportedly a staff in place. Go join rivals if you wish to know who it is
Mad Props to flyerfan4life For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerfan4life View Post
there is reportedly a staff in place. Go join rivals if you wish to know who it is
please please please......
Old 04-19-2017, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by flyerfan4life View Post
I joined Pride+ two years ago, should be able to get the info there and not have to go to Rivals to get it. Where are our insiders?
Old 04-19-2017, 09:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin Kuwik seems like a good guy but I'd rather see him prove his worth by getting a lower level HC job. I would like to see the assistants AG hires have the potential for the UD HC in the event something happens.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:23 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to see the members of both Hoops and Pride+ protecting their information.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (04-19-2017), Atlantic 10 (04-19-2017), lhsgolf19 (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 10:18 AM

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Sometimes we get too tied up in our current assistants, local recruits, Ohio recruits, current commits and current players. Nice to have loyalty, but it is a huge world out there, and most of the time with better options than the ones we know best and feel comfort with. If we want to get better and get to that next level, then we have to take risks with outsiders.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:26 AM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
Jim O'Brien?
No, just, please, stop.
Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 10:27 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Once people see this staff in its entirety, I think most fans will be extremely pleased.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-19-2017), flyerfan4life (04-19-2017), San Diego Flyer (04-19-2017), T-Bone 84 (04-19-2017), TA111 (04-19-2017), Widget (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 11:56 AM
2nd Lieutenant

FrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Juan Toribio
@juanctoribio

Some basketball news: UCF's Director of Player Development Ricardo Greer has taken a job on the Dayton coaching staff.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FrankStreetFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfan4life (04-19-2017), FlyingArrow (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:18 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Greer grew up in NYC, played on the Dominican national team and played with a good amount of success for a number of seasons in the French League, so potentially some good connections w/ plays both from the Caribbean and Europe. Played at Pitt in the late 90s thru 2001.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
FrankStreetFlyer (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
Jim O'Brien?
"I stayed for the entire thread."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (04-19-2017), sheg (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Major

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7FlDig6kTc
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyerfan4life For This Totally Excellent Post:
jerseyflyer09 (04-19-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-19-2017), Medford (04-19-2017), MNFats (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:33 PM
General of the Air Force

Two names I feared didn’t make the cut, new name didn’t know did, all in all its a great time to be a flyer an even better time tomorrow when formal announcement and intros happen.

Then it's on the trail to reign in those high recruits. No we won't get the top one but we will get the right one's for AG style.

I'm expecting two guards, grad transfer, a transfer and a freshman. Then some bigs or power forwards.
Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:39 PM
2nd Lieutenant

bryan will become famous soon enoughbryan will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know if Greer will be an assistant, or Director of Player Development - same position he had at UCF?
Old 04-19-2017, 12:43 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
"I stayed for the entire thread."
Well played. I wonder how many picked up on this MikeF!
Old 04-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
I just had a thought about an assistant coach who might be helpful in recruiting. What about Anthony Grant hiring Roosevelt Chapman? Can you imagine Anthony Grant and Roosevelt Chapman showing up at your house wearing suits. Can you imagine two more impressive human beings sitting in your living room attempting to recruit your son to play basketball at the University of Dayton? Surely, as role models your son and any mother of a high school kid would be impressed. I think it would work!

I read that Roosevelt Chapman was one of the first people to call Anthony Grant to congratulate him on his hiring as the head coach. The two of them played together in the 1980's.

It would even be a thrill just to have Roosevelt Chapman back at the arena. To have him sitting on the bench as an assistant coach would be great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2017, 02:36 PM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
Two names I feared didn’t make the cut, new name didn’t know did, all in all its a great time to be a flyer an even better time tomorrow when formal announcement and intros happen.

Then it's on the trail to reign in those high recruits. No we won't get the top one but we will get the right one's for AG style.

I'm expecting two guards, grad transfer, a transfer and a freshman. Then some bigs or power forwards.
Regarding the "top one", are you referring to Wright, Waters, or someone else?
Old 04-19-2017, 02:47 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
Regarding the "top one", are you referring to Wright, Waters, or someone else?
Someone else from the wishful thinking dept.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:49 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
I just had a thought about an assistant coach who might be helpful in recruiting. What about Anthony Grant hiring Roosevelt Chapman? Can you imagine Anthony Grant and Roosevelt Chapman showing up at your house wearing suits. Can you imagine two more impressive human beings sitting in your living room attempting to recruit your son to play basketball at the University of Dayton? Surely, as role models your son and any mother of a high school kid would be impressed. I think it would work!

I read that Roosevelt Chapman was one of the first people to call Anthony Grant to congratulate him on his hiring as the head coach. The two of them played together in the 1980's.

It would even be a thrill just to have Roosevelt Chapman back at the arena. To have him sitting on the bench as an assistant coach would be great.
Posted via Mobile Device
I love Chapman, but I do not want him anywhere near the basketball program as a coach. There are still major off the court issues with Chapman that I will not go into detail about.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lowd&ProUD (04-19-2017), rollo (04-19-2017)