» Advertisement
Comment

Article Tools Display Modes
Climbing Back On The Horse
Published by Swampy Meadows
01-30-2022

BEVERLY HILLS (MI) -- The old idiom that one must “get back on the horse” after encountering a setback surely applies to this year's edition of the Red and Blue. They got tossed onto their collective keisters in three consecutive home buy games in November, only to venture south and win the ESPN Events Invitational amidst a five game win skein. A tough road trip to SMU was quickly followed by an impressive victory over Virginia Tech; a win over Southern helped erase the memory of a road L at Ole Miss; a stinging one point defeat at VCU begat a nice four game win streak that ended at GMU.

The Flyers have now won two in a row after besting an improved Fordham squad and a stubborn herd of Rhody Rams. Enuf with the “climbing back on the horse” BS already. The Flyers need to remain mounted and corral another flock of Rams, this one of the VCU variety on the road this Wednesday. There are ten games left on the Atlantic Ten slate until the conference tournament, so no time like the present.

Elsewhere:

– UDPride.com stat guru Figgie quantifies just how ugly a shooting exhibition that was on Friday vs. URI. It was the second victory since 2001 when shooting .309% FG or worse. Last occurrence was the infamous 0-24 3PT shooting debacle vs Auburn on 11/28/08. UD shot .278% FG in the 60-59 win in Chicago. Ugghhh.

– Elijah Weaver’s wrist injury comes at a most inconvenient time, after the departure of backup PG Lynn Greer III for St. Joe’s. In a recent tweet, Jablo quoted AG saying that Weaver will get his wrist checked again next week, and they'll know more then. "I think he's got to look at some options about what's next."

That doesn’t sound good.

– In case you missed the halftime video salute to “The Legend” Bucky Bockhorn, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT5A0yVUwvU&t=4s

– Frequent Twitter poster Professionally LOWD has partnered with UD to highlight top performances by 3 UD players in the pros on a weekly basis:

– Anyone here read Mongolian? This post of highlights of Mongolian Mike’s recent play in his home country gives us all a glimpse of what is to come:

https://twitter.com/dashaa_e/status/1487310879737716739

Not sure how or why Mike is playing overseas and not suiting up for ISA, but the fact that he is wearing a UD t-shirt during warmups is enuf reassurance for me.

– For those who question Mike’s athleticism, I submit Exhibit A:

– Most college hoops games are now featuring remote announcers. Here’s a look at the setup ESPN’s Mark Adams utilizes when he broadcasts a game from his “Hoops Cabin”:

https://twitter.com/EnthusiAdams/sta...36509376450562

– For those of us who are baseball fans and of “a certain age” this was a pre-internet, Sunday morning newspaper ritual:

That’s it “From the Swamp.”
You can email me at: swampy@udpride.com
Article Tools
By Jeff on 01-30-2022, 05:07 PM
I saw the MLB stats item out on twitter. Younger fans are likely blown away the my Pirates could actually hit MLB pitching.
Comment

Article Tools