» Advertisement
Comment

Article Tools Display Modes
Pick A Number
Pick A Number
Published by Swampy Meadows
02-25-2015
Pick A Number

BEVERLY HILLS (MI) -- It's all down to the short strokes for the Dayton Flyers, boys and girls, as they enter the final two weeks of their regular season. Four games -- two homies; two roadies -- will in large measure determine the post-season future of the Red and Blue. What will be their fate?

Pick a number...any number

If the Flyers only come out on top in a single game they are squarely on the bubble and would be required to do some major damage in Brooklyn. And by "major damage" it would mean make it to the Conference Finals on Sunday in order to advance to the NCAA Tournament.

Splitting the quartet ain't bad, but it would depend on which two games the Flyers won. Beat one of Rhody or VCU and they are in relatively good shape; if they only top GMU and LaSalle then there is still some work to do.

At the start of the season, this looked like the most likely outcome. The game @ VCU has been written off by most of the Flyer Faithful as a loss since Bernadette McGlade hit "Print" on the Atlantic 10 schedule. Hold serve on the Arena floor and find a way to beat the Explorers in the Cheesesteak City and they'll get there. Win a game or two at Barclay's and the Flyers dance.

The Captain Optimism outcome would guarantee UD a first round bye and pretty much punch their Big Dance card. Winning at least one game in Brooklyn would seal the deal.

The Doomsday Scenario which entails mass hysteria and dogs and cats living together would then require UD to win four games in four days with only seven guys (and none of them over 6'6" mind you, one of them being Jordan Sibert, the Ohio State transfer!)

www.thatain'tgonnahappen.com

There are a lot of factors at work here and a lot at stake. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Elsewhere:

Normally in this space I would provide a bunch of links to hoop related articles that I thought you would enjoy.

Not today

If you are like me, you have trouble processing how ISIS can do the unspeakable things they have done, all in the name of their God. I just don't get it. Then I read this long-form article entitled "What ISIS Really Wants" from The Atlantic that goes into great detail explaining the history, beliefs and prophesies that continue to draw people to willingly join a group that appears to be totally insane:

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/...-wants/384980/

They lost me when they talk about Jesus (yeah, that Jesus) returning to earth, killing the anti-Messiah and leading the Muslims to victory. Not exactly the "second coming" that we Christians have been promised, is it?

That’s it “From the Swamp.”
You can email me at: swampy@udpride.com
Article Tools
Comment

Article Tools