» Advertisement
Comment

Article Tools Display Modes
Zihuatanejo
Zihuatanejo
Published by Swampy Meadows
02-26-2016
Zihuatanejo

BEVERLY HILLS (MI) -- "FTS" returns after spending the past week in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I was on a plane when the St. Bonaventure debacle transpired, altho the Elder Swampette and friends were there in attendance -- even that normally lucky charm couldn't save the Flyers.

For the fugliness that was the SLU road contest, I was attending an awards dinner and afterwards decided to open the game thread and starting on page one, see how the contest had progressed. Not a fun read, to what was obviously not the Red & Blue's finest couple of hours.

I can only imagine what it was like viewing that mess in real time.

One narrow loss; one even skinnier OT victory -- neither particularly pretty. I DVRed both games and speed-watched the SLU tilt when we got home. I'll probably delete the Bonnie game without firing it up.

And yet, when we all awakened on Thursday morning, UD found itself back in a three-way tie with St. Joe and VCU for the conference lead. It seems, as the Rams discovered to their dismay, that on any given night anybody, regardless of ranking, can jump up and bite you on the butt in the Atlantic 10.

And speaking of Rams, the Danny Hurley-led, URI version of horned goat visits UD Arena for a rematch on ESPN2 at noon on Saturday.

"FTS" will be there.

My wife and I didn't get anywhere near Zihuatanejo when we were in Mexico, but Flyer Fans (and more importantly Flyer players) need to heed the advice of Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption:

Andy: You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific?

Red: No.

Andy: They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory.

I'll never forget the last week, but here's hoping that Archie and the guys can.

That’s it “From the Swamp.”
You can email me at: swampy@udpride.com
Article Tools
Comment

Article Tools