UDPride Articles Published content from your UDPride staff

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Comment

Article Tools Display Modes
What Can We Expect in AC on Friday Night?
Jim Meadows
Published by Swampy Meadows
03-12-2009

BEVERLY HILLS (MI) – So, now that the Flyers are past the Eensy Weensy Spiders, what can we expect will happen on Friday? Well, for starters you can be assured that we will wake to find nothing but the sound of crickets on the message boards if you are straining to hear any of that stupid “UD is still on the bubble” talk.

UD is in, baby -- not that we weren’t before we beat Richmond, mind you. CBS is gonna be in the house on “Selection Sunday” to watch BG and the Boys react to their seeding and placement in the Big Dance, rather than to dramatically reveal to the nation whether the Flyers are in or out.

The Richmond game presented the Spideys with an opportunity to avenge an earlier loss at UD Arena that the Richmond radio announcers felt the Virginians should have won and somehow got UR coach Chris Mooney to publicly agree with them. Thanks for the bulletin board material, coach!

Lotsa contributions from lotsa guys against the Arachnids, including Luke Forthreesius with 8 huge 1st half tallies. Chris Johnson and CW helped UD eat Richy Rich’s lunch on the glass all night long. How does a +18 rebounding edge sound?

Teams that play the “Princeton offense” drive me absolutely nuts, so it was nice to see the Flyers get out and run a bit in the 2nd half, as MJ drank some of Luke’s 1st half Kool Aid and the Red and Blue wore out those wascally weaving weasels. It woulda been a borderline blowout had the Flyers -- ahem – made their dang free throws as the clock ran down. Have a seat next to Rhody, will ya Spidermen and see if you get a call from the NIT.

On a side note, Jimmy Baron may have ended his career after 8 years of eligibility for the Rhody Rams.

After breaking the rims in AC bricking FTs, BG can have everybody on the squad just practice freebies during the walk-thru tomorrow. This will have two immediate benefits:

1) The Flyers might make a few down the stretch vs. the Dukes and

2) Nobody will get hurt

Speaking of which: did anybody seriously think we were gonna see Stephen Thomas and Devin Searcy play any meaningful minutes tonight? I didn’t think so.

I kinda liked the Channel 7 chat feature, at least until they started firing up videos that I didn’t want to see or especially hear. College Chalk Talk has been doing the same thing over on their site and the trash talk should get louder in their chat as the weekend progresses.

Speaking of videos, the new ones on the DaytonFlyers.com site are incredible, but is it really necessary to fire up the Miami Valley Hospital :30 pre-roll spot twice before you get to see any of the Flyer footage? Just for the record, one :15 pre-roll spot is the industry standard.

The other games on Thursday pretty much stuck to form with the obvious sore thumb exception of the Dukes doing us a huge favor by knocking off Rhody. I’m not about to challenge the woof gods here, but I kinda like the Flyers’ chances of getting a rematch with X on national TV Saturday night if it requires us to go thru Da Burgh rather than Kingston, RI. Needless to say UD will have to contain All A-10 First teamer Aaron “Ajax” Jackson, as well as the suddenly hyperactive Bill Clarke (who was the main thorn in the Rhode Islanders’ side Thursday night) in order to get there.

Dukes/Flyers at 9:00PM Friday evening…be there!

I’m gonna say that the final score will be:

Fricker’s Flyers 72

Primanti Brothers’ Dukes 58

That’s it “From the Swamp.”
You can email me at: swampy@udpride.com
Article Tools
Comment

Article Tools