UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Lacrosse

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
LAX Stadium

Yesterday I happened to be driving around Fairfield University...one son's alma mater,....when I spotted constrution on a "stadium" with a sign stating the name, "Rafferty Stadium". The new stadium is on the site of FU's old FB stadium. Some may recall that about a decade ago FU started an FCS FB team which was quite successful. The school dropped the sport after about five years...no interest.

I had no idea what Rafferty Stadium was for. I thought, perhaps baseball.

Anyway, today I looked it up. The new FU stadium is for men's/women's LAX. Last year FU's men's team was nationally ranked. The school has a stated goal of winning the national championship. They are thinking big.

The stadium drawings and plan description are very nice...seating for 3500, VIP suites, etc,...really nice.

The price tag is $10 million. Built in Ohio the cost would likely be about $8 million.

The cost is something we should keep in mind. It would be about the same for a 3500 seat FB stadium. By the way, FU's stadium is to be used only for LAX.

http://news.fairfield.edu/TopStories...,67580,en.html

Last edited by UACFlyer; 08-07-2014 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: photo added
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-24-2015), bobber (09-18-2014), KiefaberAlum08 (04-07-2015)
Advertisement