User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-07-2022, 03:59 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,523 Times in 771 Posts
Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
Providence Game Thread

Spent the $30 for Flo Sports - at least there are the two games from the Bahamas that will be covered as well. Hopefully no technical glitches, I'll give some thoughts periodically during the game. Gotta do better than poor Wright St. - they led 3-0 on Toledo then allowed the next thirty points.
Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (11-07-2022)
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2022, 05:12 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Class of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to behold
looking forward to the updates...thanks Barney!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Class of 73 Alum For This Totally Excellent Post:
Barney Sentner (11-07-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 06:54 PM
Brigadier General

Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
With the men playing I presume there won't be many followers but that doesn't matter to me.
Cardsflyer (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 07:13 PM
Brigadier General

five minutes in providence 9-2 flyer starters bohannon, kozlova, freeman, perez and jones - perez picked up two fouls in first two minutes, looks like some quick shots not falling - Lear Wheeler and Perry have subbed in
Cardsflyer (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 07:23 PM
Brigadier General

UD tied it at nine but Providence is up 18-11 after one - Lear 7 points off the bench, Jones now with two fouls - lots of man to man defense
Cardsflyer (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 07:36 PM
Brigadier General

26-17 Providence mid way through the second quarter - Wheeler is the third flyer to pick up her second foul
Cardsflyer (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 07:51 PM
Brigadier General

29-21 Providence at halftime - Sydney Freeman the Ball St transfer scoreless I don't even think she has taken a shot
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (11-07-2022), jack72 (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 08:20 PM
Brigadier General

38-27 Providence 4:27 left in the third
Cardsflyer (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Bohannon with a big game. Different player than last year.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (11-07-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 11:41 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Will be interesting to hear Barneys take since he watched. Just looking at the box, three of the five starters didnt score. We had 5 assists to 15 TOs and Providence had 10 steals. Points off turnovers was 20-6. All other stats were within a fair margin with the exception of fouls -- 21 to 12. This indicates to me lack of foot movement.

42 of the 60 points came from two players, and 52 of the 60 from three players. Will need more help and balance. First game though. We know this season is going to be a bloodbath to just accept it now and you'll cope much better.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
jaburr91 (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 09:01 AM
Brigadier General

Part of how I feel about this performance is how good (or not good) Providence is - they are picked eighth in the Big East. Crooms (who went over 1000 points in this game) killed them inside and to me that will be the biggest problem this year. I thought UD ended up (-3) better on the boards than I thought originally. Freeman wasn't in the offense at all - she was not set up for shots from screens or in transition and that concerns me. I'll be asking Coach Meek that Thursday night. I thought other than Lear the team took good care of the ball. What bothered me the most and I said this in an earlier post is first quarter took too many rushed shots. After the first period I feared they'd lose by 30 but they competed evenly thereafter. I know if people don't go they will watch on ESPN + but tune in at least around 6:40 or so maybe 6:45 for my pre game interview with the Coach at radio1660.com.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (11-09-2022), Chris R (11-08-2022), jaburr91 (11-08-2022), jack72 (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 09:34 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I am going to watch the game on replay later today, but I followed along on pride and social media and stats from the arena last night. For a first game on the road with a completely new team, I was pretty surprised the margin was less than 10 points, Honestly I was afraid they would be embarrassed. Looking forward to Thursday.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Barney Sentner (11-08-2022), Cardsflyer (11-09-2022), Figgie123 (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 10:15 AM
Brigadier General

Thursday will probably be a tougher test than last night - Illinois St. of course a tourney team last year has most of their players back and they are deep. Hope for the best.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (11-09-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 10:44 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a nitpicker, we all know that, so here is my nitpick for the day.

From the recap of the game from daytonflyers.com:

20 – Freshman Nayo Lear scored seven points in the first quarter of her Dayton debut, which led the Flyers. She finished with a career-high 20 points on 8-of-9 shooting.
Of course it was her career-high, it was her Dayton debut! If she had score 1 point, it would have been her career- high.

Ugh.

--Figgie
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Barney Sentner (11-08-2022), Cardsflyer (11-09-2022), Chris R (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Brigadier General

Thanks I will make sure I don't say something like that Thursday for hopefully several players - yes that line is an example of redundancy.
Cardsflyer (11-09-2022)